Categories > Original > Fantasy > Searching

Zach

by darkhanyougrl 0 reviews

hi, umm, well rachels new life

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Published: 2006-02-09 - Updated: 2006-02-10 - 1688 words

0Unrated
chapter 2

As the sun creeped over floor in a small bedroom a fifteen year old girl rolled over to the edge of her bed groaning. She had messy black hair that was died blue at the tips and a bruise on her right cheek. Her bright blue eyes slowly opened then closed again as she grimaced. People who saw her eyes often said that they have never seen anything like them before, she honestly didn't know what they meant they were just normal blue except that they seemed to be darker but brighter at the same time. When she asked her grandmother, she said that they looked like the eyes of someone who had seen much more than they should have seen in a lifetime.

She sighed and rubbed her face before opening her eyes again and looking at the alarm clock next to her bed, it was 6:42, she could have gone back to sleep for another 20 minutes but decided to get up. Stumbling over the piles of clothes and paper scattered over her floor she went over to her desk and grabbed the shirt and pants off of her computer.

She quickly pulled on the blue jeans and her older brothers black muscle shirt. All of her clothes came from her older brother. their parents didnt have alot of money so she got all hand me downs. She put her hair up in a pony tail and left the room going down the hall to the bathroom, careful not to wake anyone up.

She washed her face and brushed her teeth then went across the hall to her little sisters room. the room was about twice the size of her own even though her sister was only 7.

"come on maddie, get up you got to get ready for school." she shook the small girl until her eyes opened.

"morning rachel, is anyone up yet. what time is it, why do we have to go to school, its to early?"

rachel laughed a bit then pulled the covers off of maddie going over to her dresser getting out a blue jean skirt and a pink shirt.

"come one shorty get up, ill make you breakfast then walk you to school, hurry up, meet me in the kitchen when your done and dont forget to brush your teeth." she left the room as maddie got out of bed. Down in the kitchen she saw her mom sitting at the table reading a letter.

"morning mom" rachel stood behind her adoptive mother trying to read the letter. She couldnt remember her real parents, but according to the ones she lived with they dropped her off on their doorstep when she was five.

Her mother put the letter down and turned to look at her.

"its from your school, your failing your classes again, if you keep doing this your not going to graduate."

rachel shrugged and walked over to the cupboard pulling out a bowl and some cereal.

"so its not like i need to graduate, now do i , im a freak anyway, a diploma aint goin to make a difference."

"this has nothing to do with that, what if your father sees this, what are you going to do then?"

"Dont worry ill just do exactly what you do everytime im in trouble, nothing."

she walked out of the kitchen with a bowl of cereal and handed it to maddie who was sitting on the couch staring at her.

"are you going to be okay" she asked looking behind rachel into the kitchen."

"yeah ill be fine, im sorry but i cant walk you to school today, i need to meet some of m friends."

maddie nodded and hugged rachel good bye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rachel walked down the sidewalk scratching the upper part of her right arm, where there was a tattoo of a black dragon curling around her arm. She had had it for as long as she could remember and knew it had something to do with her "condition". She thought about her real paretns and wondered why they left her, she really didnt care, if they abandoned her when she was five years old then she could give a fuck about where or who they were, they obviously didnt want to know her so why should she want to know them.

still she wondered if they knoew anything about her problem, the one thing that made her so different from everyone. as she turned the corner and the lanse cruise central high school came into veiw she wiped any thought of her parents off of her mind, if she was ever going to get her mom off her back she would have to bring up her grades.

it wouldnt be to hard she was smarter than most of the kids in her school and was taking senior classes even though she was a sophmore. she waited in front of the school until she saw three girls running up to her.

"hey where were you last night, we were supposed to go out remember" abby, her best friend reached her first panting, she had bright red hair and dazzling green eyes. the other two came up, vaerie had bleach blonde hair and bright blue eyes, they were lighter than rachels, many people said that she looked like a barbie doll. kelly had short brown hair and deep brown eyes.

The four had been friends since they were five, rachel remember how they met, the three girls stuck up for her when she was being picked on by four older boys, they had been friends ever since. It was the beggining of the year and it was still very hot, all three of them were wearing tank tops and she could see a dragon on each of their right arms, all of them was in the same position as rachels.

abbys dragon was yellow with dark eyes, valeries was a clear blue or the color of ice also with dark eyes and kellys was a deep blue, the color of the ocean, it had dark eyes. rachels was the only one with light eyes, they were exactly like her normal eyes. rachelwas shorter than all of her friends, she was small and very skinny, she had very little fat, most of her body was muscle, theywere all like that.

"so where were you last night"

"my parole officer called and said that i broke parole, or something i dont know what he was talking about, but anyway he was talking to my dad and well, i got in trouble."

"what do you mean you dont know what he was talking about you did break parole" kelly said as they walked into the school.

"no i didnt" rachel avoided their eyes.

"yes you did last week you attacked your brothers girlfriend remember"

"whatever she's such a slut, she lucky i didnt scalp her"

"yeah well it doesnt matter if shes a slut or not, cause shes still your brothers girlfriend, you cant do anything about it" abby said rolling her eyes.

"but if shes dead then they cant date anymore right."

abby sighed and rolled her eyes again, giving up. as the four girls walked into their goverment class taking their seats in the back.

"hey is that kid new?" valerie pointed to a boy a few seats down from them.

"i guess i never seen him before" abby said, glancing over at rachel who sat next to her. She was reading the text bookand it looked like she was doing homework, but abby knew better.

"rachel are you actually reading that?"

"yeah i need to do the homework, i got another letter saying that im failing all my classes" valerie turned around in her chair and stared wide-eyed at rachel.

"you mean your actiually doing, but you havent done any homework since you were like eight."

"if you havent done anything since you were eight then how do you pass?" rachel looked over as abby spun around, leaning on the desk next to abby's was the new kid.

"who the fuck are you and what do you want" rachel asked slamming her book shut and glaring at him.

"the names zach, im new, so how do you pass?" rachel looked at him for a second then rolled her eyes.

"i do good on tests"

"but wouldnt you have to like get a hundred on every test you ever took" he asked disbeleivingly

"yeah, so" rachel leaned back against the wall closing her eyes.

"rachels really smart, she gets A's on everything she does." abby said smiling. Rachel opened one eye and looked over at her. she was blushing, badly. Did abby like him? sshe couldnt, tyhis is abby, abby doesnt like boys. she kicks their asses, she doesnt get crushes, rachel thought looking back at zach.

he wasnt ugly, he had shaggy black hair and gray eyes, he had muscles, not huge but enough. he was wearing bagy blue jeans and an open flannal shirt over a white t shirt. there was something about him that was different though. but she couldnt figure out what. her attention was brought to the front of the room when the teacher asked them to pass up their homework

she passed her homework to valerie and looked back at abby, she was smiling a little and kept glancing over at zach. rachel suddenly felt sickwhen a peice of paper hit her in the face. she looked around and saw kelly laughing at her. flipping kelly off she grabbed the note and opened it.

'are we going out tonight'

she grabbed her pencil and hurridley wrote down her reply

'yeah you three meet me at wellington park at 10, theres a backstreet boys concert tinght, we could give all of those idiots a good scare'

she passed the note back to her and tried to get comfortable against the wall closing her eyes, and finally dosed off thinking about the fun they were going to have. she could see the headline now

'attack on concert, could it be that dragons again?'
---------------------------------------------
hey, rate and reveiw please
Sign up to rate and review this story