Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Hollywood Hills and Suburban Thrills

Chapter 19

by lil_chica007 7 reviews

fashion show, bridal shower and a little dirtiness...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-03-25 - Updated: 2008-03-26 - 3099 words - Complete

0Unrated
So the last chapter was kind of bad, so I made up for it by cramming about 3 chapters worth of stuff into this one.

Sorry Kat, there's no more you and Ryan in this chapter, but the next one, I promise.



Pete woke up the next morning to someone gently shaking him. “Sweetie…Sweetie…” he rolled over and cracked an eye open to see his mom leaning over him. All he could think was ‘thank god I’m wearing boxers.’ “It’s almost noon, I made some lunch before Haley has to leave.” She whispered.
“Ok, I’ll be right there.” He groaned. Haley ran into the room, searching frantically for something as Mrs. Wentz left. “What are you looking for?” He yawned, pulling the blankets up to his chin.
“I lost my shoes.” She said, seriously from the floor. “Never mind, they’re under the bed.” She sat up; her face was at the same level as Pete’s. “Come on, your mom cooked.”
“I know, she just came in here. Good thing I put boxers on.”
“I was NOT that lucky.” Haley giggled.
“Oh, yeah?” Pete smirked. “Did she see the whole package?”
“Well, it was my mom, and I don’t think she could really tell. Or at least she didn’t act like she could.” She shook her head.
“What time do you have to be at the bar?” he asked, crawling out of bed and pulling on some clothes. In keeping with the concept and inspiration for the clothes, as well as the name of the company, the first ever Rok and Roll by Heatherette Fashion Show was being held at The Viper Room.
“Tim’s picking me up in about 20 minutes. Richie Rich and Traver, the Heatherette guys flew in this morning and we’re meeting them there.” She slid her shoes on and hopped up. Pete followed her out into the kitchen and sat down at the counter next to Ryan, who was in the same clothes from yesterday, but very very wrinkled, like they spent the entire night in a pile on the floor.
“I take it your night was good.” He glanced over at Ryan, who just grinned. Haley waved her finger in Ryan’s face.
“I am going to kill you if Kat’s not there today. She’s the only one with the list of the song sequence to give the DJ. And you’re a little slut.”
“Leave the poor boy alone.” Mrs. Beckett scolded as she placed grilled cheese sandwiches in front of everyone. They all ate in silence until there was a knock at the door.
“That’s probably Tim. I’ll see you guys later.” Haley stood up, pecking Pete on the cheek.
“What time to you want us to get there?” he asked.
“Probably around 5:30? The show starts at six. I’ll make sure there’s reserved seats for you right in the front.” Haley called as she headed out the door.

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” Tim chanted, running past Haley in the crowded backstage area. Haley and Ali were double-checking all the items before handing them over to the models to put on. Ali was snipping a loose thread off a skirt at Tim ran back over. “Which outfit does this go with?” he held up a cropped leather jacket.
“The jeans and the green sequin top. That girl with the red hair in the mohawk is wearing it.” Haley gestured over to the hair and makeup area.
“Where’s the dress for Amy?” Kimmy asked, turning the corner.
“Who?” Ali squinted at her.
“Amy. Our new spokesmodel, she just shot the ad campaign the other day.” Kimmy pulled a tall blonde girl around the corner from where she was admiring the rack of clothes.
“Hi.” Amy gave a little wave. Haley and Ali stared at the two of them blankly. “She’s wearing the long gown. It’s the finale look.” Kimmy sighed.
“OH! Right, now I remember you. Sorry.” Haley smiled, nodding her head vigorously as Ali handed over a long gown with a halter top and vertical stripes of alternating black fishnet material and midnight blue satin. “So, we couldn’t put a zipper in it without ruining the line of the dress, so we’re going to have to sew you into it.” She shrugged as Kimmy pulled out a spool of thread.
“Ok, no problem.” Amy turned around, pulling off her clothes and carefully stepped into the dress.
“If you could hold it up in the front like this…” Haley adjusted the top of the dress as Ali grabbed a few hangers and headed off to the models’ changing area.
“Thank you so much for this opportunity. I am such a huge fan of yours, you’re the reason I wanted to become a model.” Amy gushed, leaning forward slightly as Kimmy stitched up the back of the dress.
“Oh, thank you. It’s still kind of weird to think that I actually have fans.” Haley grinned, blushing slightly.
“If there’s anything you want me to do or change, I’ll do it, change my hair, pierce something, whatever. I want to be the perfect model for you.” Amy nodded her head enthusiastically.
“You don’t have to do that, you already look great, that’s why we picked you.
“Done.” Kimmy stood up. “That was quick.”
“Five minutes, OH MY GOD!” Tim shrieked, running by again with an armful of shoes. Kimmy handed a necklace and shoes to Amy as all the color drained from Haley’s face.
“This is it!” Kimmy hugged Haley, jumping up and down.
“I can’t watch.” Haley gasped.
“It’ll be fine. I’ll hold your hand.” Kimmy pulled Haley closer towards the entrance to the runway, where they’d have a better view.
“This is really happening!” Haley breathed as the lights went out, squeezing Kimmy’s hand so hard her knuckles turned white. The music started and the first model started her way down the runway.

Haley followed the last model down the runway and took a bow as everyone cheered. She made her way backstage and was tackled by Kimmy and Tim. “Oh my god, we actually did it!” Tim squealed.
“We’re real designers!” Kimmy grinned. “Come on, you’re part of the family now.” She pulled Amy into the huddle.
“That was incredible.” Amy laughed.
“I think I’m still in shock. I’ve got to go talk to the press.” Haley gave them all one last squeeze before pushing her way out to the main room, where the chairs were being cleared away. It was already starting to look like a club again, as it was also going to be the venue of the after party. So many people stopped to congratulate her, that it took Haley almost half an hour to find Pete.
“Honey, we’re so proud of you.” Mrs. Beckett said, hugging her tightly.
“We were just saying how talented you are.” Mrs. Wentz added, repeating the action.
“Thanks so much, I was so nervous.” Haley smiled.
“We’ll be off now, enjoy your party. You don’t want two old ladies cramping your style.” Mrs. Beckett sighed as Mrs. Wentz swung her purse over her shoulder.
“Mom, have you been watching MTV again? People don’t say ‘cramping your style’ anymore.” Haley giggled.
“You take care of her now.” Mrs. Wentz gave Pete a warning look, while he threw his hands up in defeat.
“Now that they’re not cramping our style…” Pete wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling her neck.
“Not now, I have to go meet people.” Haley reluctantly pushed him away, looking around for cameras.
“You really were incredible. I’ll be here when you’re done.” He shoved his hands in his pockets.
“Nuh-uh. You’re coming with me.” Haley smirked, pulling him towards her by a belt loop. She captured his lips before sliding her arm around his hips, dragging him off to the waiting reporters.
“You know, if you ever wanted to start modeling again, I would fully support it.” He murmured in her ear.
“Oh yeah?” she raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah, you looked sexy up there. All I could think was how good you look naked, and no one else gets to see it. You’re all mine.”
“I was up there for, like, five minutes.” Haley laughed.
“That’s long enough.”
“Well you’re just going to have to wait a few hours.” She pulled away, walking up to the first camera with an “E!” logo on the side.

“We finished the album today, do you want to hear it?” Pete said as he reached into the backseat while they were stopped at a traffic light on the way back from the party.
“Of course! I didn’t know you were that close to finishing.” Haley grinned.
“We didn’t want anyone to listen to it before we were sure this was what we wanted. It’s not the final song order though.” He popped a CD into the car stereo.
“I love it!” Haley gushed, lacing her fingers in his as the first notes started up.
“It hasn’t even finished the introduction yet.” Pete laughed.
“But I still love it.”
“Listen to the words. It’s about you.”
“Just how many of them are about me?” she raised her eyebrow.
“10.”
“And how many songs are there?”
“11.”
“Who’s the last one about?” she scoffed, giving him a fake angry look.
“Hemmingway.”
“Oh, ok…the guy or the dog?”
“A little bit of both actually.” he nodded.
“Can we stop at the office really quick. I have to pick something up.” She pointed at the highway exit sign for her street.
“This late? You’re going to do work NOW?” Pete gave her a look.
“I just want to do it while we have the time.”
“In the middle of the night?”
“Don’t ask questions, just drive.”
“Ok, but I was kind of hoping we could just relax and hang out now that you’re not so stressed.” He pouted.
“Shh! I’m listening to the music.” She turned and looked out the window.

“Do you want me to go in with you?” Pete asked, still pouting. She clicked her seatbelt off and in one swoop swung her leg across so she was straddling his lap. “What are you doing?” he mumbled as she attacked his mouth, pressing the button on the seat to make it recline all the way.
“I said I wanted to do it while we had the time.” She breathed, tugging his shirt off.
“But here?” he asked, sucking on her collarbone.
“No one’s ever around here at night, and there are parents at home.” She started working on his belt.
“I haven’t done this in a car since I was in high school.” Pete ran his hands up her legs, hiking her skirt up.
“I haven’t had to worry about waking up my parents since I was in high school.” Haley giggled, opening the belt and sliding his pants down to his knees.
“That’s true.”

Haley groaned as her cell woke her up. She looked up at the clock, squinting her eyes in the bright sun that poured through the window. 10:45. She grabbed the phone, as she tried to untangle herself from Pete’s sleeping form. “I thought we were off today.” She yawned, rolling out from under Hemmingway, who had recently decided that she needed nightly protection. And that protection would come from him sleeping directly on her stomach.
“We are.” Tim’s voice chirped down the line.
“Then why are you calling me? Especially before noon.”
“There’s an emergency. We need you to come to the office.”
“Fine. When?” she sighed.
“Now would be good.”
“I just woke up. I can be there in about half an hour.”
“Super! And wear something nice. Don’t just throw on some random hoodie, you don’t want to look like a bum.” He scolded.
“I’ll do my best Timmy.” She tossed her phone on the bed, where it bounced and hit Pete in the face.
“What’s wrong? Where are you going?” he sat up, rubbing his eyes.
“There’s some emergency, I have to go to the office.” She said, walking into the bathroom.
“Oh, ok. Do you want me to drive you?”
“If you want to, sure.” She called through the door as the shower turned on.

“Where’s your car?” Haley looked around as they stepped out into the driveway.
“The parents went to run some errands. There was a note on the fridge.”
“Oh, I must have missed it. We can take my car.” She opened the passenger door to her Mini Cooper.
“So what’s the emergency?” Pete asked, as they turned off the highway.
“I don’t know, but Tim was awfully concerned about my outfit. Maybe there’s a meeting with someone.” Haley shrugged. “I hope this is ok.” She looked down at her outfit. She was wearing a white baby doll dress with big pink, purple and turquoise flowers that kind of looked like 1970’s wallpaper with black leggings and silver sparkly flats.
“You know, this parking lot will never be the same.” Pete smirked, pulling into the same spot they had occupied the night before. “I’ll pick you up later?” he leaned in pecking her lips.
“Yeah, I’ll call. Is that your car?” she peered out the window, pointing down the row.
“A lot of people have black Range Rovers.” He craned his neck to get a better glimpse.
“But it has the scratch on the bumper where I ran into the garbage can. What’s it doing here?” she wrinkled her eyebrows.
“Maybe they’re doing more planning with Tim.”
“Weird.”
“There you are! You’re late.” Tim burst out of the building, pulling Haley out of the car.
“I’ll call you later.” Haley waved as she was dragged inside. “So what’s going on?”
“You’ll see.” He pulled her into the elevator, pressing the button.
“Is this outfit ok?”
“It’ll do.” He stared blankly at the door.
“Why so grumpy?” she gave him a puppy-dog face. “Did I do something wrong?”
“You’re late.”
“Well, if you told me it was this urgent, I would have hurried. Did one of the retailers back out or something?”
“No, the cake’s starting to melt.” He pouted as the doors opened.
“SURPRISE!” a small group shouted.
“What’s going on?” Haley smiled, startled.
“It’s your surprise bridal shower.” Ali ran over and hugged her. Haley looked around, all the girls from work, both moms, Heidi Klum and Giselle Bundchen, and Victoria from Cobra Starship were all there.
“Heidi?”
“Tim got my number from your phone and called me. I’m so excited for you, Cupcake!” she hugged her tightly.
“Oh, look at this!” she showed her the tattoo.
“That’s so adorable.”
“Come on, time for cake.” Tim guided everyone over to where the food was set up.

They were all sitting in a circle around Haley as she opened the large pile of presents next to her. There was the general assortment of boring house wares and stuff that they had registered for as well as a few surprises. “This one’s from my mom…” she ripped open a small box to reveal a tiny wisp of black lace and sheer material. “This is the sluttiest thing I’ve ever seen!” she blushed, holding it up to herself.
“What are you talking about? You’ve modeled worse in the VS catalog.” Victoria laughed.
“But that’s not in front of my mom.”
“Yeah, it’s only in every mailbox in the country.” Kimmy shook her head.
“Ok, anyway…this is from Heidi.”
“And me, I told you to put my name on the card too.” Giselle hit Heidi in the shoulder.
“Oops.” She shrugged. Haley picked up an awkwardly shaped package and peeled the wrapping.
“Oh, my god! You people are trying to kill me.” She giggled, taking out a basket filled with massage oils, hot pink furry handcuffs and a very detailed copy of the Kama Sutra. “This is so embarrassing!” Haley’s face turned bright red.
“It’s not like we don’t know you two have sex.” Mrs. Wentz shrugged calmly.
“It’s not like we haven’t all seen you both naked on the internet.” Ali pointed out.
“You have a point. It looks like that’s it.” Haley looked around her on the floor.
“So how are the wedding plans coming along if you’re both here and the wedding’s in Chicago?” Giselle asked.
“Well, we’ve been doing as much as possible online and over the phone. Then my mom and Mrs. Wentz have been helping a lot. And then Pete’s rehearsing for their tour in Chicago, so he’s leaving for that in a couple days and he’ll take care of the last minute stuff.”
“So he’ll be there until the wedding?” Victoria asked.
“Yeah, and I’ll fly out about a week before.” Haley nodded.
“That’s so cute, you’ll be reunited just in time.” Kat grinned.
“It would be hard to be reunited late.” Tim laughed.
“True, but you know what I mean.” she shook her head.

“I’m going to miss you so much.” Haley wrapped her arms tightly around Pete’s neck.
“I’m going to miss you too.” He rubbed her back. “But we’re going to be so busy that the time will fly by. How long will it be?”
“24 days, 6 hours and 19 minutes until the wedding, 17 days, 21 hours and 3 minutes until I see you again.” Haley laughed, her eyes watering.
“Baby, don’t cry. We have the rest of our lives together, what’s 17 days compared to that?” he wiped her cheeks with his sleeve.
“I love you.”
“I love you more.” Pete grinned, kissing her passionately as Patrick waited awkwardly to one side. They were in the middle of the airport in front of the security station, as far as Haley could go without a ticket.
“You should go, you’ll miss your plane.” She pushed him away.
“Bye Haley.” Patrick waved. Haley waved back and watched them all the way through the terminal until they were no longer in sight.



P.S. there's only 1 maybe 2 chapters left, so you'd better review or I won't post them!
Sign up to rate and review this story