Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live the Car-Crash Hearts

17

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

And now the long-awaited chapter...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-03-26 - Updated: 2008-03-27 - 1370 words

0Unrated
s e v e n t e e n.

Saturday, otherwise known as the day of the play, came surprisingly quickly. Patrick said that I should look semi-nice, and so I was figuring out what to wear. Joe, who had grown extremely close to me suspiciously quickly, was trying to help me find clothes.

"What about this?" I asked, holding up a dark skirt and a white blouse. Joe tilted his head sideways and bit his lip. He looked kind of like a puppy.

"That looks fine, I guess. So you're really going to this thing, huh?" he said, watching me pick out some shoes to go with it. I nodded and turned around to face him, noting that I had about an hour before Patrick said we were leaving.

"Well, I'm going to go get ready, Jewseph," I said. He nodded, not moving from my bed, and I laughed and rolled my eyes, going into my bathroom. I took a quick shower and walked back into my room with a towel wrapped around me so I could get dressed. I opened the door and saw none other than Joe, still sitting on my bed with wide eyes as he looked at me. I saw his eyes move up and down my body, suddenly aware of how short the towel was. I turned bright red. "Um, Joe? Could you um possibly...go outside for a bit?" I managed to squeak out. Joe nodded, almost as if he was in awe. As soon as the door closed, I relaxed a bit and started to change. I had my blouse on, and I was trying to zip up the skirt, but it was stuck. Suddenly, I felt two hands gently remove my hands from the zipper and zip the skirt up. The hands placed themselves lightly on my waist, and I felt a shiver run down my spine. I knew those hands were Joe's, and he was so close that I could feel the heat from his chest radiating onto my back. I bit my lip and tried to control my breathing and heart rate.

"Is that better?" he whispered into my ear, his hot breath tickling it. Too flustered to answer, I just nodded feverishly. He turned me around to face him and softly pushed my wet hair behind my ear. He leaned slightly towards me, his lips moving as if to form words, but he didn't say anything. My eyes were locked on his lips, and his were locked on mine. I swallowed, my throat and mouth suddenly dry.

"Lane, we're gonna be late," Patrick said, walking into the room and snapping Joe and I back to reality. He took in the situation, his eyes darting from Joe's hands on my waist to our heads that were so close together. "Oh, um...I'll wait in the other room." Patrick walked out, and I turned my attention back to Joe, who was smiling in a defeated kind of way.

"It seems that happens a lot lately," he said softly. I nodded, still not trusting myself to speak. "Have fun tonight." His hands dropped from my waist, and he moved away just the slightest bit. I bit my lip and nodded again, looking at the floor. He gave me a gentle nudge in the direction of the door, and I walked out to Patrick's searching and intrigued look.

"Don't we have to get Delilah?" I asked, anxious to be gone. Patrick nodded, and we went out to his car. On the way to Delilah's apartment, he seemed to burst with questions.

"So what's going on with you two?" Patrick asked excitedly. I sighed.

"I really don't know. We always seem so close to being something, but it always ends up...interrupted," I said with a pointed look at Patrick, who gave me a sheepish grin.

"How was I supposed to know that things were getting so heated in there?" Patrick asked defensively. The conversation went something like that the entire ride to Delilah's apartment, where she was waiting for us in the lobby. We rode the rest of the way to the theater with some light conversation, but I mostly kept quiet. We found our seats, and the play started. It was alright, but all I could think of was the way Joe's closeness felt, and how much I wanted him next to me at that moment. Afterwards, we made our way outside and waited for Stephen. As soon as he got out, we all congratulated him.

"Great scene-changing, dude," Patrick said with a chuckle, clapping Stephen on the shoulder. We all decided to go out for coffee, even though I was dying to get back to the house.

"So, did you like the play, Lane?" Stephen asked a bit nervously. I smiled and nodded.

"It was pretty cool," I replied. We made polite small talk for a while before Patrick, sensing my anxiety to return to the house, said that we should probably be going. We all stood, and I shook Stephen's hand somewhat awkwardly before we all got into Patrick's car. Patrick dropped Delilah off at her apartment, and said a lengthy goodbye, during which I waited anxiously in the car. I was itching to get back to the house. After what seemed like forever, Patrick finally came back into the car, his lips a bit swollen, and he drove us home in silence. He parked the car outside the house, and I was about to get out when Patrick stopped me.

"Listen, Lane. I know that you and Joe have a mutual thing for each other," Patrick said. I nodded, a bit impatient. "I'm just warning you of two things. First, if he hurts you, I will probably be obliged to punch him in the face. He has a tendency to not think before he does things. Second, if you hurt him, I'll probably be very upset. This thing where two of my friends date hasn't ever ended well, and I just want you to know that I'm not taking sides if something happens and there's no one clearly in the wrong. OK?" I nodded. "OK, now you can go." I smiled and took off to find Joe.

As soon as I went into the house, I found what I was looking for. Joe was right in the living room, which was right around the corner from the front door. He was watching TV, but as soon as he saw me, he smiled at me and patted the couch space next to him. I sat down with him, and I turned my head towards him.

"Joe, I have to say something," I said softly, so as not to wake the other members of the house. He nodded and looked at me fully. "I...well..." I started, but his head started moving closer to mine, and mine started moving closer to his, and suddenly, we were kissing. Joe's hand cupped my cheek, and I had my fingers entwined in his hair.

"Hey, Joe, can I-oh," came a familiar voice. We quickly broke apart to see Andy staring at us in shock. "Nevermind." He quickly walked off, but I had already seen him sporting a black eye to match Pete's. My attention returned to Joe, and we sat there for a while in silence.

"So does this mean...?" I asked, trailing off at the end and looking hopefully at Joe.

"I mean, if you want it to..." he replied, not wanting to voice anything either, but looking just as hopeful as I was.

"Well that would be nice..." I replied with a small smile.

"For God's sake, will you guys just kiss again instead of playing this stupid game?" Patrick asked. We smiled at each other and kissed again.
-----
A/N: Finally, right? Since 17 is my lucky number, I decided to end the torture. So here you go, and I hope you like it.
I'm sorry for the long wait, I've had homework and writer's block like you wouldn't believe.
Thanks to thatgirlinthecorner, pyrotechnicist, and redballoon for reviewing. You all get...chocolate. That's all I can think of right now. If I think of something better, I'll let you know.
Sign up to rate and review this story