Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live the Car-Crash Hearts

18

by aznfoblover 1 review

I totally forgot what this even says, so just read it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-20 - Updated: 2008-04-21 - 1175 words

0Unrated
e i g h t e e n.

I woke up the next morning to pounding on my door. I quickly remembered the events of the night before and smiled, thinking of how Joe and I had kissed a bit longer, then watched the end of some weird TV show on Animal Planet. I wasn't really paying much attention, of course, but from what I saw, it was pretty strange. I was brought back to the present by the hammering on my door once more, and I rolled out of bed and ran a hand through my hair before opening the door. I was surprised to come face to face with Andy.

"Um, can I help you?" I said, somewhat shocked. We hadn't spoken a single word to each other ever since what the other guys had taken to calling "the incident." He still had a bit of a black eye, and he looked like he had lost sleep.

"Yeah, can we talk for a sec?" he asked quietly. I nodded and let him into my room. I sat down on my bed, and he stayed standing. Silence stifled the atmosphere inside of my small room.

"You can sit down, if you want," I offered somewhat awkwardly. He shook his head and sighed, not saying anything. "What was it you wanted to talk about?" I asked after what seemed like another hour of silence. He licked his lips.

"Listen, Lane, I really do want to be friends with you," he said. I bit my lip and looked at my lap. So that was what this was all about. "I know that we're not exactly...we don't really..." he struggled to find sufficient words to convey what he was thinking, then sighed and started over. "I was a complete and total jackass. I get it, and I'm really really sorry. I can't even begin to ask for your forgiveness, because I can't even forgive myself for being such an ass. Looking back, I wouldn't want to be friends with me if someone had done something to me that was anything like what I did to you. I was stupid and selfish and an asshole, and I completely deserve to never have friends again because of that incident. I'm so lucky to have Pete and Patrick and Joe, who can see the best in me and who will be my best friends even after what has happened. But even if they never liked me ever again, I'd be okay with it if you were my friend. I get that what I did was completely selfish, and I understand that you probably never want to see my face again, but if you can somehow find it in yourself to at least tolerate being my friend, I'll be happy." He looked up at me hopefully, wringing his hands and looking terribly sincere. This wasn't what I had expected. I was still supposed to be angry at Andy, wasn't I? He was stupid and selfish and a jackass, and he hurt me. A lot. But somehow, hearing and seeing him like this made me realize that maybe he wasn't all bad. He might be self-centered and annoying at times, but he wasn't mean. Just a guy who wanted to hope that he had a chance with his ex-girlfriend, whom he was obviously not over. Are you going soft, Lane? I asked myself.

"Andy, I...sure, we can be friends," I said. He let out a breath and smiled.

"Thank you Lane, you won't regret this," he said, coming over to hug me. I hugged him back half-heartedly thinking, You had better be right. We walked into the kitchen together, where Patrick was sitting at the table, eating cereal and reading the paper. He looked up when we came in and his eyebrows raised. I shot him a glance, warning him not to say anything, and Andy went about making himself a bowl of cereal. I sat down across from Patrick, whose eyes only averted to his newspaper when Andy looked over. Mumbling something about spoons, Andy walked over to the sink, and Joe walked in. Patrick looked up for a split second, widened his eyes at me, then looked back down at his paper. Without even noticing Andy, Joe walked over to me and kissed me soundly. I was a bit surprised at first, but then started to kiss him back. And then came the sound of metal on glass, and we pulled apart to see Andy staring at us, one fist clenched, and a set and angry expression on his face.

"Whoa, tension," Pete said, walking into the kitchen. All eyes immediately swivelled to him, and he held his hands in front of him. "I come in peace. God, you people need to lighten up."

"Joseph? A word please?" Andy said angrily. Joe scratched his chin and glanced down at me. I shot him a warning glance, which he ignored.

"No, I think I'm good," Joe replied coolly. I raised my eyebrows, Pete laughed, and Patrick hid a smirk behind his paper. Andy let out a frustrated sigh, looked imploringly at me, and then walked out. Joe gave me a quizzical look and Pete stopped laughing.

"What was that all about?" he asked. Joe and I shot fleeting glances at each other, and Pete gave us a knowing smirk and waited for one of us to respond.

"They kissed, Andy got mad about it, what else is new?" Patrick said in a bored tone. Pete pouted.

"It would've been more fun if one of them had answered," he said. "So you two...are you like, going out now?" I blushed and Joe nodded. "How cute!"

"Well, I'd love to hear Pete go all Valley Girls on us, but I for one would like to change," I said, standing up and walking out. Joe followed me out and to my door, where I stopped and turned around. "It seems that I have two shadows now." Without a word, Joe leaned down and kissed me again. I reached up and locked my hands behind his head, bringing it further down and pressing his lips harder onto mine. We broke apart, and I smiled up at him. "Morning, Joe," I whispered.

"Morning, Lane," he whispered back. With another peck on his lips, I slipped away from him and into my room, closing the door quickly behind me. I heard him groan, "I hope you're happy," and let a smile dance onto my lips.

***
A/N: The plot thickens. Not really, I just wanted to say that. I'm sick right now, and it's currently 11:48 pm, so please disregard/tell me about anything that sounds stupid, and I'll try to fix it. Otherwise, I kind of know what's going on in the next few chapters, but I'll probably forget it all. Let's see where this takes us...
Thanks to redballoon, pyrotechnicist, and thatgirlinthecorner for reviewing. You all get a slice of red velvet and strawberry ice cream birthday cake.

Love it? Hate it? Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story