Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Shreya To Jinx

Shreya is Dead

by Meiriona 0 reviews

Who is Jinx? How did she become what she is? Begins in her native India on her third birthday. Rated teen.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Jinx - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-02-11 - Updated: 2006-02-11 - 1193 words

0Unrated
After what seems like an age, I am continuing
Again, I do not own teen titans, this story is my own, up until we get to the show elements, which I have yet to reach even in the draft process.
Thank for the reveiws, guys.
"Why, why am I to do this? Why, by Kali and Shiva, do I have this fate?" Jinx had been told now that she was to slay her mentor and take her powers, as a chosen envoy of Kali herself.
"You come from a long line of our people, devoted followers of the Lady."
Her last day that she would spend in her disguise, the last time she would have to pretend to be like the novices of Lakshmi's temple. She had wrung them dry. But why? She deserved to know why she faced this challenge.
"Your father was a great man, Shreya Ila, in the name of his Goddess; he had slain at least a dozen men who had so wronged our people. You are the last of his line, and blessed to carry out Kali's will on earth. You have learned all that we can teach you, it is time you go to a greater teacher. I will soon dance like the Nataraja in the flames, and then you will take those who have wronged you and they will serve you as only the dead can. Now, prepare yourself for the final lesson, Jinx-once-Shreya."
With that, both bowed respectfully in the ritual chamber of the shrine, pulling out their daggers and blessing their mission.
The dance of life began, each in the practiced movements of combat signaled by the slightest movement of the foe.
Step by step they fought across the room, two images of the Goddess, Maiden and Crone. The young girl had the advantage here; within the earth her powers were easily called. Her heart pounding furiously, the rush of blood in her ears, as tiny bits of dust and rock came to distract her foe.
"For my honor."
Using the cat like agility given at birth, honed by training, she had come behind her teacher, and now held her dagger at the jugular.
"For my family"
Unnatural strength brought the pair to the fire at the base of the statue, the blade pricked the skin as a tiny jewel formed glistening in the dim light.
"For my Goddess."
The final slash, the life†s blood cascading into the fire with a hiss, tossing the dying form into the fire, writhing in silent agony.
Jinx stood now in the silent chamber, the stench of burning hair and charred flesh filling her nostrils. "Kali who has graced me with gifts, may your servant's sacrifice this day empower me to do your will."
For the second time in her life, Jinx felt the heat of invisible flames overtake her, and she fell screaming to the ground, as the power coursed through her.
"Shreya"
The burning pain had gradually faded to black, and when the young witch awoke, it was in a dark place where an overwhelming sense of power enveloped her.
"Shreya, do you know who I am."
The voice shook her body, but Jinx showed no fear. Though she could feel the tremendous power, it was a benevolent force. One she knew well, from her dreams and visions.
"Kali, I am humbled in your presence"
For before her now stood the consort of Shiva, in all her terrible power. So close she could hear the garland of skulls clink against each other, see the faces of the unborn children that dangled from her ears.
"You have been chosen child. All who know you as Shreya must come to my realm. That name shall belong only to my lips"
Upon which the long crimson tongue was lolling. Jinx agreed that her Goddess given name would remain sacred, and was then told her purpose
"A child was born not long before you, whose father was of the daemon kind."
Kali paused for it to sink in. Jinx was astonished, a halfling? A daemon child borne of a human was taboo, something not meant to exist at all.
"Her father and I have exchanged favors, and the interaction is to be complete though the daughter, one called Raven."
Jinx was beginning to understand what she would be doing.
"She must live, though many will attempt to keep her from fulfilling her part of the bargain. You must watch her, protect her without her knowing"
Jinx was then imparted with the knowledge of Trigon and his ill born daughter, through much of it was sealed away for the time being.
All she needed to know now was that her town was to die.
And she would be honored to be its executioner.
‽Shreya where WERE you! The festival is starting and our year is on our last test, we get our positions if nothing goes wrong” blah, blah, blah. Does this girl ever shut up? Sure, it was important to pass her last trial as an acolyte, but Jinx had bigger things on her mind.
"Sorry, it's so important, I wanted to ask a few other Deities for help." It wasn't exactly a lie, she did visit every shrine, and today was very important. Today was the beginning of Dussehra, a ten-day festival in honor of Durga. Slipping out of her work sari and into the new silk of her ceremonial garb, Jinx sighed, thinking over all the practice that had gone into preparing herself.
"Your powers are based on luck, you affect probability, and you are more or less Murphy's Law incarnate. Make anything that can go wrong, go wrong."
The festival was to take place near a cliff side this year, and she was to be the one to toss the effigies into the flame. Shreya was descended of Behram, who had killed at least a hundred men with his bare hands. As the procession started, she began the breathing. She had to wait until the entire town was beneath the cliff face, wait for the fire to be lit.
Waiting was not her strong point, and the very second she was sure none has escaped she sent her powers out. Questing through the ground, they sawed at the rock, and weakened the cliff. As Jinx felt the powers take hold of her, she smiled. Rock began to shift and crumble, but the village had packed itself into that small area. No one noticed it over the chatter. Jinx bolted as the first bits of rock came down, her part was at the end, so she had been apart from the rest, and the only one who was able to sprint to safety before tons of solid rock came crashing down. She heard a voice call out, at the edge of the ruble, one of the teachers was calling to her, crushed under a large rock.
"Shreya, help me" The man called out, coughing blood, wailing.
"Shreya is dead, and you've just fallen victim to a lot of bad luck." The pink haired witch said with a sinister smile. Who knew being bad could feel this good?
Sign up to rate and review this story