Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

Bed Rest, A Phone Call And Adjectives

by fob2adelaide 1 review

Emily is restricted to bed rest which she hates, but in the middle of the first day of it Patrick rings...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-01 - Updated: 2008-04-02 - 874 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Reviews are very much appreciated thanks :-) On with the story...

Emily was propped up in bed reading a guitar magazine Sarah had generously bought for her. She skimmed through the pages and read bits and pieces, but her mind was more on the fact that she’d be at The Metro right now helping tune real guitars and playing them too. Emily couldn’t believe how much she wanted to be there, she had an overwhelming pit of disappointment inside her and it was making her feel depressed. It didn’t help that Sarah had gone to The Metro solely to see Pete and that meant no one to have a distracting conversation with. Every now and then Liz would come in and try to start some sort of a conversation but it only lead to embarrassment on both parts, as neither of them knew what to say. In one conversation, Liz had asked Emily how she was and Emily had said the truth, that she felt solemn. Liz had then looked awkward and promptly exited the room supposedly to make Emily some soup (even though she already had a steaming bowl next to her).
After what seemed like the whole afternoon of flicking between the conversations with Liz, soup and the guitar magazine, Emily’s mobile phone (cell phone as Sarah always corrected) rang. She picked it up to see an unfamiliar number on the screen. Wondering who it was she answered the call and said, “Hello?”
“Hey Emily,” came a voice at the other end, it was Patrick.
“Patrick!” Emily said sounding a little over excited.
He laughed, “I got your number from Sarah and she filled me in about the bed rest thing.”
“It sucks,” Emily said lying back with her head against the bed rest.
“I know,” Patrick said in agreement, “I really wish you were here, not only so you could play with us tonight, but I really want to see you too.”
“I want to see you too,” Emily said with a smile.
“Well you can soon, after you rest we can go on that date.”
“What do you want to do for it?” Emily asked.
Patrick chuckled, “I’m supposed to ask you that silly!”
“Just being polite!” Emily said playing along.
“Well in that case…traditional, movies, dinner?” Patrick asked.
“Sounds good to me,” Emily said, “As long as we don’t watch an action film, it actually makes me sleep.”
“Aw, I really wanted to!” Patrick laughed, “Whatever you want to see, I’m happy to see it,” he added seriously.
“That’s kind but we can both choose.”
“Okay, sounds good, Joe’s calling me to come over and practice so I’ll ring you tonight, alright?”
“Sounds good, and thanks for ringing, it’s so boring just lying here,” Emily said with a sigh.
“I can imagine it must be boring and I’m glad I rang. Talk to you tonight,” Patrick said before he hung up. Emily hung up also and put the phone on the bedside table. She smiled as she thought back through the conversation and realized once again that she was lucky to have met Patrick and that they were going to become more than friends.

Later in the afternoon, Emily heard the front door open and Sarah and Greg’s voices signaling that they were home. Sarah came bounding into the room seconds later and collapsed on her bed. Emily swung her legs over the side of her own bed so that she was facing Sarah and then she said, “Two things, I want to know everything that happened today and thanks so much for giving my number to Patrick.”
Sarah sat up slowly, “That’s cool about giving him your number, as if I was going to stop him from ringing you! And on to today well…” Sarah came and sat next to Emily, indicating that she was about to say something private, something she didn’t want her parents to hear.
“So you know how Pete and I were going to go out?” She asked in a whisper to Emily.
“I had tachycardia not dementia!” Emily exclaimed with a grin.
“Well,” Sarah said continuing and ignoring the comment, “I think we skipped that part.”
Emily opened her mouth in surprise, “So what happened?” She inquired.
“Well we were in his dressing room yet again and we had that moment, you know when you’re accidentally really close to someone and you look at each other’s lips…”
“Not too much detail!” Emily interrupted blocking her ears momentarily.
Sarah laughed, “Okay, well we kissed and it was…nice.”
“Nice?” Emily said with a confused expression on her face.
“Well, yeah, I like Pete a lot and he likes me so it was nice to kiss.”
“Not special? Passionate?”
“I’m sorry, I’m going to leave that to you and Patrick!” Sarah joked, “Meanwhile I’ll go look up some adjectives in the dictionary for mine and Pete’s kiss.”
Emily grinned as Sarah went to look up descriptive words. She then lay back and thought that it was so nice that Sarah was back home, it made bed rest a lot more interesting.
Sign up to rate and review this story