Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Competing For Gerard Way

Chapter 2

by ThisSUICIDE 4 reviews

Andria goes for her first interview to try and get on the show, and meets and somewhat stupid competitor.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-04-06 - Updated: 2008-05-28 - 1797 words

5Original
‘Sup my readers! I hope you like this one. Just keep in mind, when the interview comes up in this chapter, it might be a little…Off. I’ve never had one, so it will be quite strange. So, on with the story. Oh and anyone who works for MTV who reads this, yeah don't sure me. There's a disclaimer just in case. =)

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing. Including My Chemical Romance and MTV. It never happened. It's all FICTION.


Chapter 2-
This awkward silence;

I drove to the next town, which took me about an hour. I had parked outside the local college and for some reason I was not able to get out. I had begun to get more nervous and anxious over the last couple of days, and now coming face to face with this situation wasn’t helping. I looked out the car window and saw numerous girls who had a slight edge to the way the dressed. Most were in black, some were into that whole ‘scene’ look, and then others were obviously dressed to impress with their rather short skirts. I had a sudden confidence boost and got out of my car, I closed the door and locked it behind me.

I stepped out onto the sidewalk and took a few deep breathes before heading out to the hall. Directions from students who attended this college helped me on my way. They made it a lot quicker and easier. I reached my destination two hours earlier; I knew this place would be packed. I entered the hall and was greeted with a sea of black shirts and pants. I laughed at the fan girls, they couldn’t be anymore desperate, but I still feared that they would get on the show, rather then me. You could tell they were fan girls by the way they talked. I could hear one of their conversations:

"Oh my God! How totally hot is Gerard Way? Like oh my God, I love his hair!" I rolled my eyes at her.

I saw a table and two people behind it. I walked towards the desk, and noticed more people walking through the door behind me. As I reached the desk I put on a big smile, and tried to look as happy as possible.

“Hi.” I said cheerfully.

“Oh, hello.” One of the women asked me. “You’re here to audition, right?” She asked me. Why ask me such a stupid question? It’s obvious why I’m here.

“Yes, that’s why I’m here.” I said flashing her a friendly smiled again.

“Great. Fill out this form.” She said handing me a piece of paper attached to a clipboard, and a pen. I took both items from her hand and she continued talking. “Then, you’ll be given a number. You will then be called into another room with two workers from MTV.” She told me, and handed me a small piece of my paper with my number on it.

“Alright. Thanks.” I said smiling, yet again, and walking towards the chairs. There were about 10 unoccupied chairs, and I took one of them without pleasure. Sitting down and sighing, I placed the clipboard in my lap and the pen in my right hand. My eyes widened at some of the ridiculous questions. But it was MTV were talking about here, and this was a reality show, I should have expected this. I then scanned the rest of the page, this time starting from the top.

Name:

Age:

Hometown:

Birthday:

Well, they all seemed to be required. But, of course, there were always those questions that seemed rather odd. Even for a reality show.

Have you ever been physically violent with anyone?:

What's your fantasy Date:

I let out a small laugh at the fantasy date question, as I had a feeling someone here would put Frank Iero as the answer.

“You’re never gonna make it, you know?” Someone asked me. I looked up to see a blonde, and rather skinny, woman standing close to me. She was wearing a pair of tight jeans that were clinging to her legs. Her pink shirt showed a good amount of cleavage, and I was starting to feel intimidated by this girl. You couldn’t call this girl an average My Chemical Romance fan, and I had a feeling she’d get on this show, because of her ‘honesty’ about the way she presented herself.

“That’s nice.” I said annoyed, ignoring her comments and got back to filling out the application form.

“Oh, so you don’t believe me?” She asked, and continued egging me on.

She sat down beside me, and took a good look at my body. A laugh escaped her mouth, and I had the urge to slap her across the face. “What makes you think you’ll win this?” I asked, trying to sound as mean as possible. I was never really the type who could deal with conflict, and I knew this wouldn’t be the day that it showed.

“Come on look at me. I’m beautiful, intelligent, rich, and did I mention I was beautiful?” She asked me stubbornly. "Jared will totally want me." She didn't even know his name!

"His name is Gerard." I told her.

"Yeah, whatever. He's hot, that's all that matters." She said, laughing a little.

I rolled my eyes. This girl is one serious bitch. I had filled out the first couple questions, as slowly as possible, and that stupid girl was still sitting beside me. She sat there starring at me, blinking occasionally but it was still pretty creepy. Here eyes never left me for the next 10 minutes, and I was worried this was her weird way of checking people out. I had finished filling out the form and she was still there! I couldn’t help it; I had to let my frustrations out.

“Stop staring!” I yelled, louder then I had planned. The blonde girl stood up straight away, and I received attention from everyone in the now crowded room. The stupid slag that started this found it hilarious, and starting laughing her ass off. I let out an aggravated sigh, as she continued laughing, which sounded more like cackling in my opinion. She soon walked away and sat with another bunch of girls, and smiled happily.

I waited in the same position before getting called into yet another room. I was thankful to finally get out of that room, and leave everybody behind. But at the same time I felt kind of weird as I was getting called by a number and not my proper name. In this place I was just known as ‘4012’, which was stupid. I didn’t like any of those numbers.

I continued to follow the person who worked for MTV into the smaller room where there was another table with two people behind it. I was still clutching the two pieces of paper, on of which I had filled out. I had started shaking as I sat down on the chair I was directed to.

“I’m Laura.” The woman said. She had a smile upon her face, and this made me a little less nervous. She waved a little and I gave her a nod.

“And I’m Jake.” Said the man with black hair, which was obviously dyed. I gave him a nod as well, and the two whispered to each other for a few seconds, dropping my confidence level. They both stopped, I think they realized the tension in the room too.

“It’s nice to meet you both.” I said nervously.

They both nodded. “So, we’re just going to run over a few questions with you.” Laura said kindly.

“Alright, that’s fine with me.” I said.

“Okay, the first question. Describe the last date you had.” Jake asked med.

Here we go. I knew a question like this would come up. I decided to be real in this interview, but I also had to be witty describing the whole thing. “Well, it was aright, I guess. I mean it was just a movie. It wasn’t a really good movie, but I had fun.” I said. And I guessed that answer was really boring as they had a strange look on their face.

“Okay.” Jake replied slowly. “Well, how about another question? How important is sex in a relationship?” He asked, like it was nothing at all.

“Uh.” Crap, they had to ask this question. “I guess it’s important. I mean, there has to be some sort of connection you can’t normally get from hugging and all that. You need to be intimate in a relationship for it to work.” I said, less nervous then before.

“Nice.” Laura said. “Why would Gerard choose you, of all women here today?”

This one would be tough. “Because…I would always be there for him. I understand he’d be touring a lot, and I wouldn’t be too clingy, you know? I’d know that he has a lot of female attention, but I wouldn’t get to overprotective, but I would still care. I'm not her for the fame and money. I'd want him to know that before we started anything. And I’d let him be his own man, I wouldn’t tell him what to do. But at the same time I’d keep him…Together. If you know what I mean, it’s kind of confusing.” I told them honestly.

“Wow. I think he’d like that, right Laura?” Jake asked and he got a nod as a reply and I smiled victoriously. They asked me more questions, getting more and more personal each time. After about 15 minutes, the interview was over. I thought I had done pretty well, considering how nervous I was at the beginning. They then asked for my application form, and I handed it to them with a smile.

“Alright. Well, we’ll call you later. Tomorrow maybe. And we’ll see were we go from there.” Laura told me. I said my goodbyes, and walked out. I was somewhat happy with the effect I had on the two people behind me. I was now outside in the hall, with the rest of the girls competing for Gerard Way’s heart. I had this in the bag I knew it. I was over confident, but I had a right to be.



Like it? Hate it? A review, and maybe a rate, would make me very happy, and they also equal another chapter! Thank you for all the reviews I got so far, they're awesome. Holidays are officially in a week from now, so expect some more updates within that time!

ILY all
Sign up to rate and review this story