Categories > TV > House > I, Who Have Nothing

Chapter 7

by dragon_land1079 0 reviews

Silliness and presents ensue.

Category: House - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gregory House,James Wilson - Published: 2008-04-06 - Updated: 2008-04-07 - 723 words

0Unrated
A/N: Your stunned silence is very reassuring. -Roz from Monsters Inc.
________________________________________

It was a month and a half into the punishment and retraining of Wilson. And because he bore his punishment well, without much protest, House knew that he needed to be rewarded for his good behavior.

For the most part, Wilson was the early riser in their relationship. But House seemed to wake up at 5:30, right on cue every Saturday morning, an hour before the new week of punishment. Though he’d never admit it to Wilson, he was proud of him. He accepted House’s unorthodox arrangement, and he did so well.

House listened to the signs of Wilson waking up, and turned to watch him.

“Wake up, wake up, wake up, sleepy head!” House began in a sing-song voice.

Wilson groaned and buried his head in his pillow.

“Are you always this chipper in the morning?” he grunted sleepily.

House scooted closer to him and began to place soft stubble kisses on his neck, knowing full well that his actions would wake him up.

“House,” he whined. “You’re scratchy. Can’t I sleep in, just this once?”

House grinned wickedly. “Nope. Go take a shower. We’ve got a full day ahead of you.”

Wilson rolled his eyes. “What has possessed you to be up this early?”

“Couldn’t sleep. Must be all those years in med school. Trained me to be on call. Now, are you going to shower so I can give you your surprise?”

Wilson’s body language changed immediately. “Present?” he asked curiously.

“Yes,” he replied, pointing to the bathroom.

“Is it sex?” he asked, throwing the comforter back.

“No, it’s not sex. Guess again.”

“I… I honestly have no idea,” he replied, baffled at the idea of presents.

“Don’t be such a spoil sport. Think, Jimmy.”

“A present,” he said, thinking aloud. “Hmm. Not sex. This isn’t a ‘for me, for you’ gift, is it?”

House began grinning like a fool when he pulled two envelopes from under his pillow.

“Pick one,” he replied.

Wilson reached for the left, but at the last minute, he chose the right. He slipped his finger through a small opening of the envelope and tore it open slowly. When he pulled the two thin pieces of cardstock out of the envelope, he gasped in disbelief.

“Seriously, House?”

“Unless you want me to take them back, and get something a little less, gay,” he emphasized,

“Then, no.”

“I can’t believe- tickets to the ballet!” Wilson exclaimed.

“You’d put out for those, right?”

“Is this-THESE ARE FOR SLEEPING BEAUTY!” Wilson squealed. “House, that’s my favorite…” he trailed off, his voice a little more subdued. “These tickets are for tonight.”

“I know,” he said, not able to take his eyes off of Wilson.

“What’s in the other envelope?”

“Bi-curious, or just regular type?”

“Come on, House. Don’t leave me hanging.”

“Open it yourself,” he said, handing him the envelope.

He took it, and opened it with less care than the other one.

“It says, ‘open the other one.’ Nice, House,” he said, grinning.

“I almost wrote, ‘try again next month.’ Didn’t think it’d go over well.”

“What am I going to wear?” he asked hazily. “Better yet, what are you going to wear?”

“What? I’ve got clothes. You’re the one that’s smelly. I’d be more worried about that.”

Wilson leaned over House, and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

“Thank you for this. It means a lot to me.”

“So to recap, you put out for the ballet, right?”

Wilson grinned, despite himself. “Yes, House. I’d put out. Guess I get these tickets sex free.”

“No way!” House protested. “This is my ace in the hole. I get to pull this one out on those nights you’ve ‘got a headache’.”

“I can’t believe you bought them. I haven’t been to the ballet in years.”

“Don’t worry. My pride is still intact. I bought ‘em online.”
________________________________________
New chapters should be up tomorrow. I'm a slacker. But, at least we're getting somewhere. As always, I appreciate all reviews.

Also, I'm looking for a beta. It's time. Feel free to email me at dragon_land1079@yahoo.com. Look forward to hearing from you.
Sign up to rate and review this story