Categories > Original > Fantasy > Gella/Ett

Escape

by DesdemonaIero 0 reviews

Rain awakes in a cell and finds that out that another prisoner is. . . . . . . . . . . . ..

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-04-07 - Updated: 2008-04-07 - 481 words

0Unrated
Rain awoke in a dark cell, with brick, windowless walls, all except for one which was blocked from a hallway with large steel bars. She ran to the bars and attempted to look down the hall. It was lined with similar cells as far as she could see.
"Hey! Gellan!"
She looked around for the source of the voice, but could see no one else.
"Over here!"
She noticed a small hole in the brick wall to her left. It was small only about an inch wide. Someone was looking through it, with a blood-red eye.
"Who are you?"She asked.
"You'll remember in a second," he said.
She thought about it. "How am I supposed to remember you by your voice?"
"Not many people have red eyes, think about it."
She thought. She remembered seeing someone with red eyes, but she couldn't remember where. Then it came to her: her first day stuck in Ett, she had run into someone with red eyes. A someone that also had red hair and black horns. Someone she hadn't been looking forward to meeting again. She backed away in fear.
"You've figured it out. That face you're making proves it."
"B-but Fen shot you! You burst into flames!"
"One, she only shot me in the shoulder, that won't kill me, and two, the fire is how I teleport around. I would've gone differently if she had killed me. And three, right now that doesn't matter because we're both prisoners and I'm the one that knows the way out."
"What do you want?"
"You want out, right?"
She nodded.
"Then hand me that." He pointed to a piece of broken pottery on the floor by her feet.
"Why?"
"Demon blood is like acid. I can use that to cut myself and use my blood to burn through the bars."
She handed the broken piece of pottery through the hole and watched him. He brought the pottery down sharply onto his wrist. As he started to bleed, the pottery began to slowly dissolve. He walked over to the bars and pressed his wrist to them. One after another, they began to disintegrate. After a couple seconds, there was a hole big enough for him to walk through. He walked over to the front of her cell.
"You still want out?" he asked.
"You're going to help me?" She was confused, and still stayed as far away as possible.
"You helped me." Without saying anything else, he began to break through her cell's bars.
As soon as she was free, he began to walk off. She left the cell, and followed after.
"Hey, wait!" He turned back around. "Do you know where this is?"
"Yeah," he answered, "but you wouldn't like it if I told you."
"Where is this?"
"You're in The Fire." He turned and continued walking. She stood in shocked silence in the hall.
Sign up to rate and review this story