Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Sasori's Test

The Target

by Shank 0 reviews

Sasori finds out who he wants to kill

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Kazekage - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-04-10 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 973 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sasori got back to his house and saw that nobody was home. He enjoyed the quiet time and wondered how long it would take for his granny to get back. As he took himself to his room, some kunai came flying at him from behind and he quickly got his puppet Karasu to block him from being hit and he fired it for offence. He thought it was too good to be true to have three fights in one day as it was only Granny Chiyo that had thrown them at him to see how he could act in response to being attacked. Sasori took Karasu away and either of them said nothing. Chiyo had been very weird with him lately and he wondered if she knew about him killing ANBU ninjas of the Sand Village for his own training benefits.
While in his room, he looked out over the village, and thought about someone to kill, somebody that he could kill of high profile to show his skills and prove his loyalty-but he couldn’t think of anyone. He assumed the five ANBU members he had already killed were not enough-he needed something big. He thought about killing his grandparents, they were very well known to the ninja world as well as very respected in the Sunakagure, they may do very nicely. This wouldn’t do though, Sasori kept picturing Orochimaru saying it wasn’t enough as they were old and useless. People were not like puppets, they couldn’t last forever, which meant he still needed somebody to kill. It was then that he heard his grandparents outside, they were arguing over something and he overheard his grandmother say, “We can never trust Konoha, as long as we have the Third they can not defeat us-he is the greatest shinobi this village has ever seen-he is our hope.”
It was that moment that Sasori knew who he was going to kill. Someone that would prove his loyalty and show his worth and although he would never be welcome back to the village, it didn’t matter. This was an opponent worth fighting against even if this organisation were setting him up. He would have to plan to perfection and most likely rest a day or two to completely have enough chakra and stamina. He would assassinate the Sand Villages greatest ever ninja-the legendary, Third Kazekage.

It took a week to plan, every detail and every puppet with every weapon. He was nervous, and he didn’t like the nervousness, he believed it would hinder his performance, but that didn’t matter now. He needed to get into the central Sand building where the Kazekage stayed, but he would have to get passed some guards and some special ANBU guards at his private quarters. It was rumoured the Kazekage’s private quarters was a huge hall, where he had a lot of things on offer when he had no business to attend to. Sasori needed this rumour to be true as he would need a lot of room against this ninja. He had thought of ways around the Iron Sand that the Kazekage was famous for and his known techniques.
One of the days came and there was less guards stationed at the Sand central building as the missing ANBU guards had worried the council of Sunakagure and they were investigating and guarding from any kind of attack. Sasori smiled as he had unknowingly helped himself as it would be easier to get in now. Sasori found a back way in with no guards out the front, but it was locked. A quick think and he had a plan to get in. Getting one of his more lifelike puppets out, he made it walk to the door and knock loudly. A ninja guard answered and because Sasori turned his puppet away from the door, he couldn’t tell it was not a real person. “Is there a problem?” The ninja asked and when the puppet didn’t answer he grew suspicious. Sasori from his hiding spot threw some kunai aimed at his puppet and when the ninja saw the kunai heading for the unknown person he quickly jumped in front and blocked them all. He was going to sound an alarm but didn’t get that chance as he had turned his back on Sasori’s puppet and was quickly killed with it.
The way was clear and Sasori just had to get himself through the building with as little attention as possible. He had only been in here a few times before with his granny and was purely going off memory, it seemed to be working fine as there were more guards to dodge the further up the stairs he got. He was definitely getting closer to the Kazekage’s quarters and he would have to be extra cautious now. As if in his only second of no concentration, someone was behind Sasori and took him by surprise, “Hiruko? Is that you?” Sasori turned around and looked at this ANBU ninja that was happy to see him. “We have been looking for you? Where have you been?” Sasori had to think on his toes, it was lucky he had finished his human puppet out of Hiruko for him to get into otherwise things wouldn’t have been good. “I had a mission I had to take care of, I have just returned.”
“The wind must have been extra strong today for you to be covering your face like that.” Sasori nodded, he had to cover Hiruko’s face as the bottom half made his puppet form obvious. The ANBU guard nodded and left and Sasori was able to get on his way, until he found it. The doors were massive and he could only assume he found the Kazekage’s room.
Sign up to rate and review this story