Categories > Celebrities > The Used > It's Our Time To Shine

Wake the Dead

by QuitLollygaggin 1 review

:/

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-11 - Updated: 2008-04-11 - 755 words - Complete

0Unrated
I sat on my hotel bed; wide eyed and sleep deprived. I rubbed my eyes, forcing away the sleep. It didn’t work. I picked up my cup of coffee and took a big gulp. It didn’t work. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I turned on the cold water and splashed water on my face. It didn’t work.
Nothing worked. Nothing would wipe away this feeling of exhaustion and misery.
I haven’t slept in days. Literally. I haven’t slept since I met Caitlin.
Speaking of Caitlin, I haven’t even talked to her. It’s been awhile.
I sat on the edge of the tub and rubbed my eyes again.
This isn’t working for me.
I needed sleep. I at least need the feeling of being awake and conscious. Thank god we had a week off; at least I think that’s how long we have off. By now it’s probably less because I lost track of the days. Hopefully before we go back on tour, I would have some sleep in me.
I was beginning to feel like an insomniac, like Dan had said the other night.
When exactly was that?
I really was loosing track of the days. I sighed and stood up. I found my phone and quickly dialed Caitlin’s number.
Maybe if I see her, I’d feel better. Honestly though, she’s the least of my worries. I didn’t need her, I need sleep. She answered on the third ring.
“Hello?”
“Caitlin, its Jepha.” I said.
“Oh hey. What’s up?” She asked.
“Not much.” I said. “Want to grab some coffee or something?”
“Eh, not now. I’m kind of busy.” She replied quickly. I heard a guy’s voice in the background. “Who’s that?” They asked. Their voice was deep and sleep coated. Lucky him. I thought to myself.
“Then when?” I questioned. I wanted to see her.
“Tomorrow?”
“Call me.” I said and hung up. I tossed the phone onto the marble counter that held the sink. I hit hard against the glass before falling into the sink. I took and deep breathe and slowly exhaled.
“Jepha, you in there?” Quinn knocked hard on the door. I walked over to the door and opened it.
“What’s up?” I asked.
“I was going to drive around for awhile. I thought you’d might want to come.” Quinn offered.
“Will it help me sleep?” I half joked. Quinn laughed a little and looked at me seriously.
“Dude, you really need some sleep.” Quinn said. “You look rank.” I glared at him.
“Don’t remind me.” I begged.
“Why can’t you sleep?”
“I have no clue.” I replied. I grabbed my phone from the sink and walked out of the bathroom.
“Don’t come with me. Go to sleep.” Quinn instructed.
“I tried everything Quinn!” I said frustrated. I sat on the edge of my bed and put my head in my hands. My body begged for sleep. But it wouldn’t let itself go there. My body needed it but resisted it at the same time. I felt Quinn sit next to me. I lifted my head and sighed.
“When’s the last time you slept?” He asked.
“Who knows?” I mumbled.
What was causing me to stay awake? What was pushing me from a peaceful slumber?
I just wanted to sleep and feel energized. I felt weak and unmotivated.
Quinn picked up the empty coffee cup and held it in front of my face.
“This won’t help.” He threw the empty cup into the small garbage can.
“I figured if I couldn’t get energy from sleeping, I’d find away to feel awake.” I told him.
“Just lay down.” Quinn suggested. I looked at him like he was crazy. “Just do it.”
Quinn stood up and grabbed a hoodie before leaving the room. I shut off every light, closed every curtain and locked the door. I took off my jeans and tee shirt before climbing into the hotel bed once more. I closed my eyes and waited. I waited for the long awaited sleep.
Minutes passed, I was still awake. I tossed and turned to find comfort.
More time passed, I was still awake.
How much longer will this take? I started to get annoyed. This wasn’t working. I ripped the sheets from my body and got out of the bed.
At this point, I would do anything for sleep.
Anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story