Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > What I knew, he was never to find out

What, Ry? Stutter at me?

by Bara_btw 2 reviews

Brendon feels awkward and then looks back on the good times. New OC added!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-04-20 - Updated: 2008-04-20 - 1367 words

1Original
This chapter starts kinda starts before the flashback in the last chapter, as it is in a different POV! Please enjoy and review

A/N: BTW, there will be some slight ‘scene’ bashing so please do not be offended, this is all made up and is not intended to hurt anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brendon’s POV

I sat down at the popular table, right next to Michael. He continued eating while everyone stared at me. I just stared back. We all just sat there for 2 minutes in the most awkward silence EVER. I was contemplating what would happen if I squirted tomato sauce all over these people when one of them spoke.

“So, uhh, how long have you guys been friends?” It was Rose. Tall, blonde, thin, perfect cheerleader from rich family, Rose. I shuffled nervously in my seat, not knowing how to answer the question. I looked over at Michael, who looked up at me, the crowd staring at me, and then Rose.

“Oh, Brendon’s my tutor. He’s cool though so just chill.” Michael patted me on the back to show I was a friend. At this, every jock and cheerleader seemed to breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn’t a mistake I was sitting with them. They all smiled at me and began talking.

“So did you guys hear what that scene freak said to me?” some jock called Brad asked pompously to the group.
“What?” asked Michael, not really paying as much attention as some of the other guys. From this, I was able to attain that Brad was the second in command, while Michael was the leader of the group.
“She said she would carve my name, into her arm, for me! It was so weird!” The other guys awkwardly laughed and they all looked nervously at each other, trying to decipher what it meant.

“It means she’s head over heels in love with you and she will get a knife and slice her arm open ‘til it resembles your name. Scene kids are weird and diseased, so try to stay as far away as humanly possible.” I only realized I said all this a second later when I looked up and every guy’s jaw had dropped. After 5 seconds of silence, they all burst into laughter.

“Nice one Brendon!!” They were all laughing and wiping the tears away. Then came the high-fives and pats on the back. It was a bit weird. I had never fit in well with large crowds, and this was definitely new to me. I looked over at my regular table. I could see Ryan, Spence and Ryan’s best girl friend/secret crush, Kallie. Ryan looked at me briefly, but then he turned away, giving me a look of disgust. What had I done?

_________________________________________________________________
After school:

Ryan’s POV

Brendon tried to talk to me in Art, but I got up and moved to the other side of the classroom. I had no intention whatsoever to talk to that traitor today. I walked home with Kallie, my second best friend. She had only moved here about a year ago. I have no idea how she ended up befriending us. She was completely perfect. She was a little bit shorter than me, with light brown hair that was just past her shoulders. She had hazel-green eyes, pale skin with a few freckles on her face, small, medium pink lips and white teeth. She had small hands and although she was very thin (not because of a diet or whatever, she was just naturally slim) she had curves in all the right places. I had been in love with her since the moment I had met her. I told my mum about her (we’re really close) and she told me that Kallie means ‘most beautiful’. I wasn’t surprised, she was absolutely perfect. No way a girl like that would ever go out with me.

I waited for her by the front steps. I looked out on to the different cliques and saw the differences, not only in looks, but in habits. The jocks were discussing girls, the cheerleaders were comparing their uniforms (they were all the same so I don’t know what THAT’S about), the scene kids were comparing hair colors, the IT kids were discussing a computer game, the stoners were discussing different types of weed, the nerds were discussing some math competition, and here I was, right in the middle of everything. At that point, I felt a small, thin arm slip into mine. I looked around and saw Kallie. She had on a black cardigan, dark skinny jeans and black heels. She looked like a model. Not only that, but she had a huge grin on her face.

“I just got a big fat A+ on my Calculus paper!” she said. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention she’s smart, a straight-A student to be exact?
“No way, Kal! That’s so great!” I hugged her really tight and she hugged me back. I could smell her perfume. It smelled really nice. She pulled back and stuck out her arm.
“So, Mr. Ross, are you going to walk me home?”
“Of course m’lady!” I bent down and kissed her hand. She giggled and mocked-curtseyed. I linked my arm in hers and I walked her home, making sure not to brush my hand against her’s.

Brendon’s POV

I sat in my car and watched Ryan walk out of the school with Kallie, arm in arm. I smiled to myself, remembering the conversation I had had with him less than two weeks ago.

____________FLASHBACK______________
2 weeks ago, Brendon’s house, Brendon’s bedroom

“Dude, just call her and ask her out!” Ryan and I were sitting on my bed, the phone in between us.
“She’ll think I’m a freak or a weirdo or…or…she’ll use those 7 awful words that no guy wants to hear.”
“K, what are these 7 words?” Ryan looked at me like I was from another planet.
“I. Only. Like. You. As. A. Friend. The worst 7 words strung together by anyone, ever.”
I sighed and leaned back on my pillows, rubbing my forehead with my left hand. I looked back at Ryan and saw him staring at the phone.
“Just call her and tell her how you feel.”
“Yeah, ‘cause telling her that I love her won’t freak her out one bit. I should just find a girl who’s at least close to being in my pathetically low league.”
“She’s already your friend, which means she likes you in some respect. Why can’t she like you as more than a friend?” I reached out and grabbed the phone. I dialed Kellie’s number then handed it to Ryan.
“It’s ringing, Ry.” He grabbed the phone and put it up to his ear. The room was so silent I could hear when Kellie answered with a hello. Ryan squealed in the highest pitch possible, hung up, threw the phone on the pillow and jumped off the bed and stood against the wall, his eyes as wide as they could go.
“K, well first attempt didn’t exactly go as planned.” I grabbed the phone and was about to redial Kellie’s number when Ryan jumped on me and wrestled the phone out of my hands and out of my reach.
“We are not calling her again. Otherwise I’ll…I’ll…”
“What, Ry? Stutter at me? You know I wouldn’t do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.”
“I know, I know,” he said as he lied down on the foot of my bed, his feet hanging off the side, “argh! She is just too perfect!”

__________END FLASHBACK___________________

As I watched those two crazy kids walk out the gate together, I at least hoped that things were looking up for Ry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K, I came up with this chapter really fast and I just had to post it!!!! This whole no school thing is working its magic on my brain. Kellie is kinda based on me but my friend suggested the name. Best meaning ever! Please review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story