Categories > Original > Mystery > S.P.I.

Inside S.P.I Academy- Part II

by slywithit 0 reviews

Part two of Inside the school

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-02-13 - Updated: 2006-02-13 - 993 words

0Unrated

Since S.P.I students were always working and studying, they needed some down time. That is why the heads honchos of the S.P.I. institute decided to build a large pool that flowed in the farthest corner of the Academy, behind the High Towers. The pool was then surrounded by sand to give it a beach look. The beach, as it was named, is now three years old and has been upgraded with lawn chairs, a smoothie booth, a Jacuzzi and whatever else the students and teachers could come up with.

A place rarely visited by the newer and younger students was the S.P.I library. Due to the request by many older students and teachers, a small library was built so that students wouldn't have to risk going off campus to take out a book. Adjacent to the library was the sports fields and courts and the auditorium. Everything was in walking distance. In the center of all this was the actual S.P.I. school building where students and teachers spent most of their day. The large "U" shaped school building contained three floors. Each floor resembled the look of a college building, with its long corridors and its empty looking rooms.

This of course, was when it wasn't being swamped by students. High school students shuffled around on the third floor and the middle school kids over populated the first floor. The second floor was dedicated to the staff and faculty and to the training rooms. On the second floor are multiple faculty hang outs on left wing. The right wing held three training rooms and a number of classrooms where students learned the arts of spying. You see, students at S.P.I went to regular school from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Regular meaning the usual subjects (Math, English, History, ect.). At 12:00pm all students would go to the cafeteria for lunch. After 2:00pm, High school student were given a two hour break to do whatever they desired as long as it was within reason and that they didn't leave the school grounds. Then at 5:00pm, students would return to school and would go the second floor right wing, where they would take spy classes until 7:00pm.

This schedule was a little different for middle school students who had to return for spy training at 4:00pm and stay until 6:00pm. Since the teen spies were becoming of age and there were about as many males as there were females, every spy had a curfew. The older the spy, the longer you were able to stay out, though it was only for a little while longer than anyone younger. Each High Tower had a residential advisor on each floor that was in charge of making sure everyone was where they needed to be and not doing anything illegal. Unfortunately, this kept young spies from drinking and getting rowdy.

Most students lived in the High Towers, but some had the benefit of having family or friends who had estates near the campus. Those fortunate ones were able to go to school on campus and then leaving campus after finishing all their classes for the day.

S.P.I students took three out of five different afternoon spy classes. They were: Computers (Learning different techniques, glitches and hacking skills), Martial Arts training, boxing and other defense, Weaponry and gadget design, UC (Under cover class where you were taught how to act in certain situations as someone else), and Decode and activate( Taught how to decipher codes, pick locks and deactivate all types of bombs). May seem like a lot, but S.P.I students were expected to be able to handle it.

The middle floor always had a lot going on with all these classes secretly being taught and learned, but its biggest secret has yet to be exposed to you. The secret is that there aren't really only three floors. There is a basement, but even lower than the basement something is hidden away. On the second floor, on the left wing, there is a veiled elevator and stairway that leads to ground Zero. Ground Zero is an under ground level that you can only reach by using the second floor entryways.

This is why the second floor is for the faculty and staff. They are there to keep an eye on the hatchway to make sure nothing out of order occurred. Ground Zero was very hush hush around the school, though everyone knew about it, including the students. Students were called to ground Zero when in trouble. The whole right wing of the second floor held hidden cameras that watched over the elevator and stairway. As you entered the elevator (which was kept sparkling clean), more cameras were targeted at you. You felt the Whoosh! of the levels go by as you descended down. When the heavy doors opened, another layer of cameras watched you from out of sight, but at that point you had totally forgotten the cameras. Everything else had melted away and you were only able to see the beauty of ground Zero. With a name like ground Zero, you would expect a muggy and grungy hide out rather than a Grand Hilton hotel lounge which is what ground Zero really looked like.

Ground Zero was the domain of multiple graduated spies, scientists and the Elderly Eight. The Elderly Eight were the eight greatest spies back in there day (around the 1970's). They were very wise as you would expect and because of that, they were dubbed the official rulers of the S.P.I organization. They made decisions for everything and everyone involved with S.P.I. These eight men and women were the ones who appointed a spy or a spy team with a mission. They were nicknamed the Donald Trumps of the campus, but the students (and secretly the teachers as well) never mentioned this name in earshot of the Elderly Eight.


Sign up to rate and review this story