Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't You Dare Pretend

What'll it Take

by Blackraven 0 reviews

answer to the prayer

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-01-21 - Updated: 2008-04-27 - 612 words

0Unrated


Later on, back in the dressing room I was sitting on a stool, coughing. The smoke filled club was really making my throat hurt. And my eyes were watering. “Great, just great,” I sniffed, wiping my forearm across my face. I had put my shoulder blade length brown hair in a ponytail, and my light blue eyes were watery.
I was still sniffling when Keenan ran into my room. He grabbed my shoulders and screamed, “Li! Guess what?”
“I’m not the only adopted one?” I asked as he shook me back and forth like a rag doll.
“Better! My Chemical Romance saw us perform! They have a man here who wants to sign us on to their same label! Then we get to tour with My Chem and open for them!”
I stared at him. “Wow. That’s great,” I said in a halfway detached voice. It wasn’t that I was unhappy, it was that I just didn’t show that much emotion. Well, only to my friends I showed what I really felt.
“Isn’t it exciting?” gushed Keen. He shook me one more time.
“Very. Now,” I pried his hands off my shoulders. “Where are they?”
“Out here!” unwilling to give up physical contact, Keen grabbed my hand and pulled me out into the actual club. After I inhaled a breath of the smoky air I gave a particularly loud cough.
Sure enough, the members of MCR were sitting at a table, along with the other three of Stop Pretending and another man who was probably MCR’s agent.
“You must be Aaliyah Xander,” said the unknown man as I sat down. I had changed into a loose white t shirt and baggy jeans.
“I am,” I replied levelly, folding my legs and arms as I sat down. Keen sat in the chair beside me.
“I believe your band member explained to you the basics?” at my nod the man continued. “Well, my name is Steve, and I am the manager for My Chemical Romance. I am inviting you to sign on with our label and commence a tour with the band. As you know, My Chemical Romance is starting a tour in a few weeks and they do not have an opener. We were thinking of asking someone like Alesana, but I believe you would be perfect. Do you accept this proposal?”
“Tour. Around what parts, can my dog come, and travelling in what?” I asked in way of answer.
“Around the United states and parts of Canada. As long as he can ride in the bus, and you will be travelling in a bus along with My Chemical Romance. It is equipped with living areas and twelve bunks.” He sighed then went on. “Though I must tell you, Miss Xander, you will be the only female.”
My heart jumped. Would that be a problem? Hell no! Me on a bus with my three brothers and five other guys? My gaze raked over the members of My Chem until they settled on Gerard. He was staring at me. Our eyes locked and he narrowed his eyes. Then he smirked and sat back in his chair, still keeping his eyes locked with mine.
“It won’t be a problem. And yes, we will accept your offer,”
My band mates all gave a small cheer, but I was still staring at Gerard. His smirk widened and suddenly he leaned forward and put both elbows on the table. Startled, I blinked and gave a little jump. Then I mentally cursed myself for showing any sign of emotion in front of this guy, which was what he wanted, I could tell.
Sign up to rate and review this story