Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Finding Happy

finding Willow

by slayergirlkal 0 reviews

Post Chosen Buffy is in England living with Giles but she really wants her best friend who is living on another continent with Kennedy!

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Buffy,Willow - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-04-12 - Updated: 2008-04-28 - 2740 words

0Unrated
It seemed like forever ago since Sunnydale had become a giant hole in the ground in Southern California, but in reality it had only been two years. In all honesty I could say that I missed my life back on the Hellmouth. I missed Dawn, I missed Willow, I missed Xander and I really missed the weather. This snowy crap may work for Giles, but personally I prefer the heat and the sun. I even missed the daily evil of the Hellmouth sometimes. Training new slayers didn’t really appeal to me, I’d much rather do the physical part of the job than have to go through the emotional hazard, that training a bunch of teenage girls was.

Dawn had left six months ago for college in New York and I’d left Rome for England. I missed her so much, but I guess I have to let go and let her grow up now. Not only was Dawn far away but my best friends were off in another country as well, another continent even. Willow was off in Brazil with Kennedy and Xander was off somewhere in Africa or so I thought, but then again I hadn’t heard from in over nine months. He didn’t even know that I had moved and I shudder at the thought. I had no idea if Xander was okay at all and talking to Willow was a pain in the ass due in part to Kennedy. Oh god how I hated Kennedy. Willow deserved so much better than that and I knew it, but I don’t think Willow knew it yet.

Willow was a topic I preferred to avoid. I missed her more than anything, even Dawn, and I really didn’t wanna think about her being with Kennedy. The thought made my stomach churn in disgust. Every time I thought about Willow I was reminded of the fact that I was currently sharing a flat with Giles and that I hadn’t gotten laid since Spike in Sunnydale. Sure I’d had that thing with the Immortal in Rome, but it was mostly a lie to piss Spike off for not coming to visit me when he came back. That asshole should have known better than to trust Andrew with a secret.

Anyway, I had been staying with Giles for six months and he’d been trying to get me into my own place for at least five of those six months. I knew that I could afford my own flat since I was on the new council’s payroll, but I just didn’t wanna be alone. Giles understood that and so here I am. He has been trying to get me out more too especially since he found out about Willow, not that it was a big secret or anything. Tara had even known about it and I was sure Kennedy knew and that might have something to do with why she hates me so much. Oh well it’s not like I cared how Kennedy felt about me I hated her more than she could ever hate me. Tara hated Kennedy just as much as I did; even if she was dead Tara still appeared in my dreams once in awhile telling me I should have made a move when I had the chance.

With the absence of Willow, Dawn and Xander I was training little slayers harder than ever. The job was kind of irritating at times mostly because as Giles had put it “half of them would do anything to get in bed with me.” I mean Giles had said you and not me, but same difference. The slayers that didn’t wanna get in my pants were even worse. These girls made me so angry I wished they were vamps so I could stake them. A few of the girls weren’t so bad, but a lot of them made me crazy. I came home every afternoon after training these girls and I apologized to Giles. I knew I had been a pain in the ass when I’d been the slayer, but I didn’t realize how bad it was until I had to work with these girls.

I slid the door of the flat open and saw Giles holding the phone to his ear saying “She just walked in, do you want to speak with her?” Then he mouthed its Willow to me and my face lit up.

“Hey,” I said as Giles handed me the phone. “I’ve been trying to get a hold of you for a month!”

“Yeah Giles told me, I guess Kennedy ‘forgot’ to tell me you called!” Willow emphasized the word forgot. She knew as well as I did that Kennedy hated me. “I miss you,” Willow added. The line was silent for a few moments then Willow spoke softly. “You should come and visit.”

“I will,” I said it with a smile. “I really gotta get away for awhile these girls are driving me nuts and I think Giles is wishing I would go away for a little while at least.” I watched Giles nod in agreement and I threw a notebook at him for it and I laughed as he ducked out of the way.

“Good then it’s settled you’re coming here,” I could hear her smile in those words.

“It’s settled then I’ll come and visit you guys. The weather’s gotta be better there then it is here. I can’t stand this cold rainy weather,” I said it with a smile. We talked for a few more minutes agreeing that I would come and visit soon, before we hung up. As soon as our line disconnected I grabbed the laptop and began preparing for my trip. I was going to see Willow and I honestly couldn’t be happier. I missed my redheaded friend more than I felt comfortable admitting. I planned to leave ASAP and that’s why three days later I was being hugged by my redheaded best friend in the middle of a Brazilian airport.

She drove me to the place where she and Kennedy were staying with a few slayers. The place was fairly large. As we pulled into the long driveway I took notice of a large pool that was situated on one side of the house, mansion, or whatever word you would use to describe a place this size. Willow told me they had almost two hundred slayers there and I was thankful that I only had twenty to deal with on a regular basis. She led me around the place giving me the grand tour. I was so happy just to be spending time with Willow again it didn’t even bother me to know that Kennedy was around.

Willow had introduced me to a few slayers later that evening that saw me as quite the celebrity. No matter the number of current slayers I was still the slayer. All of these girls would have willingly shared their room with me but Willow had an empty one for me, her best friend. I easily fell asleep in my new environment, only to be haunted by Tara as the night went on. Upon awaking all I could think of was the fact that Tara had told me Kennedy was having an affair. I had no idea if Tara had spoken the truth or not but the thought stayed in the back of my mind until Willow had come into my room that night asking to go home.

“Buffy I wanna go home with you,” Willow said pleadingly as tears fiercely fell down her cheeks. I held her for a few moments trying to calm her down. She eventually calmed and fell into a deep sleep in my arms. I watched her sleep for hours, not wishing to sleep myself. When I realized that it was seven in the morning I reached for my cell phone and dialed Giles’ number.

“Bloody hell,” Giles said in way of greeting. He must have still been asleep which I found to be odd seeing as it was already ten there.

“Did I wake you?” I asked upon hearing his greeting.

“Buffy is everything alright?” He asked. I nodded even though I knew he couldn’t see me.

“I wanted to ask if you could do me a favor,” I mumbled. I took his silence as agreement. “I need a place,” as soon as the words left my lips I knew Giles had become alert, he had been wanting me out of his flat since the day I moved in. “Do you think you could find me a place? I’ll be home in a few days Willow is coming with me. I just have to find us a flight home first.”

“Of course I could find you a place Buffy,” He spoke enthusiastically. I told him thank you before the line disconnected. Willow began to stir next to me and I smiled softly at her when she opened her beautiful green eyes. I smiled at her noticing that her eyes were still a little watery and she looked about ready to cry again I grabbed her and held her tight against my chest.

“You want me to help you get your stuff packed?” I asked softly and she nodded against my chest. “Then come on let’s get you packed and then we’ll find a flight home.” I was smiling at the thought. I was going to be taking Willow home and home was going to be our home from the looks of it. She sat up quickly and stood soon after. Wil made her way to the door and I followed her. She led me to the room she had shared with Kennedy and she grabbed a suitcase from the closet in the corner of the large room. Thankfully Kennedy was nowhere to be found. I watched as Willow opened drawers and began to violently thrown things into the suitcase. I grabbed her softly trying to calm her violent motions.

“It’ll be okay baby,” I whispered softly into her ear. She began sobbing into my chest and I attempted to soothe her. It took a few minutes but she calmed down and then she grabbed her laptop and mumbled something about finding us a flight. While she did that I placed some of Willow’s things in the suitcase, thankfully she didn’t have too much in the way of clothes and I easily fit all of the ones she wanted into the large suitcase. She had other personal belongings mostly magical stuff and a few books that she had me throw into another bag. She mumbled that she had found a flight or actually three flights for us and I came and wrapped my arms around her and led her back to the bedroom we had shared the previous night.

We curled up together and I held her until our flight which was not to leave until the next day. We were first traveling to Florida and we were going to stay there for three days. After Florida we were flying to New York and from there we would fly to the Heathrow Airport in London where we would be picked up by Giles. We laid together in our hotel room in Orlando, Florida when I took a moment to attempt to figure out what had happened. I hadn’t pressured her to tell me anything at all knowing that she would tell me what happened when she was ready, but now I was a little curious.

“Do you wanna tell me what happened Wil?” I spoke softly hoping that she would give me a reply. She slowly nodded and opened he mouth, but quickly closed it, but one word had escaped those soft pink lips. “Kennedy,” the name echoed in my mind after it had been uttered. Tara’s words from my dream came back and I had to know. “You didn’t find her in bed with another slayer by any chance?” As soon as I had asked I regretted it. She glared at me before speaking in an angry tone.

“You knew too!” The words were shouted in distain, tears filled her beautiful green eyes moments later as she continued. “How could you not tell me Buffy, I thought we were friends?” I reached out to hold her but she pushed my hands away. We had both moved into a sitting position by now and she was glaring at me angrily. I mumbled something under my breath about Tara being right as Willow cried.

“I’m sorry baby,” I mumbled softly. “I didn’t know,” Willow looked up at me and allowed me to wrap my arms around her. She murmured something about Tara in my ear while I rubbed her back desperately attempting to soothe her. I told her about how Tara had been in my dream the other night. We lay there in comfortable silence as Willow’s soft sobs had calmed. I held her close to me enjoying the comfortable silence that lay between us.

“Did she tell you to make your move?” Willow asked, breaking the silence. I stared at her for a moment slightly confused then a smiled crossed my lips. Willow leaned in a grabbed my lips to her own and I melted at the soft touch. Her lips felt so good against mine and I could only pull her closer. I quickly became lost in the passion not to be disturbed until I felt Willow’s fingers sliding under the waistband of my sweatpants. Her fingers felt so good, and I was so wet, but it just didn’t seem right.

“Willow,” I groaned softly as her fingers teased me. “We can’t,” I added softly, hating the fact that these words had to leave my lips. I didn’t wanna stop. I had wanted Willow for so long and here she was kissing me and touching me in my most intimate place and I was telling her to stop. She looked up into my eyes silently asking if I really wanted her to stop and I nodded. She looked about ready to cry and I grabbed her and kissed her so passionately, only to pull back moments later as tears drenched my shirt. “It is okay baby,” I whispered as she cried. “When we get home baby, we’ll be together when we get home,” I mumbled softly. Willow’s tears eventually subsided and we fell into a nice peaceful sleep.

The following morning we decided to go for a swim. I wanted to enjoy the warm weather before going back to the cold that was London. Willow was going to be shocked by the cold weather when we arrived there, especially since I’d seen the light clothes in her bare wardrobe. No matter I would only be forced to accompany my best friend on a shopping trip. Willow’s dire need of new clothes would be a perfect excuse to go on a shopping trip. The thought of shopping with Willow was enough to put a smile on my face.

Thankfully the two of us had the pool at our hotel to ourselves. Everyone else was busy being on there vacation or sleeping or doing whatever they were doing. It was peaceful until I splashed Willow unintentionally beginning an all out war. She splashed me so I splashed her and then she splashed me again and it became chaotic! Water was flying in every direction; I was fleeing to the opposite end of the pool as Willow violently attempted to splash me. I was also under the impression that she was using magic to so violently splash. I dove under narrowly escaping the violent wave and swam towards Willow. I grabbed her legs and pulled her under with me. Moments later we were both surfacing panting for breath. I had startled her and she didn’t look too happy about it, but I soon had my arms around her waist and my mouth on hers. The next few moments were spent in kissing bliss, before we both realized that the lifeguard was staring at us. I shot him a dirty look and bit my tongue as not to say anything that I might regret saying later.
Sign up to rate and review this story