Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VII

Chapter 05: I Monster

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-05-04 - Updated: 2008-05-04 - 6157 words

0TrainWreck
Chapter Five: I Monster

A month had passed since all of Wizarding Britain had fallen under the control of Lord Voldemort. Not much news got out, other than the rumors that any resistance was met with the most brutal force. Most had just grown to accept the regime of Lord Voldemort, even if they did not like it. Harry, who had spent most of his time in the Potter residence, reading the various magical texts and attempting to perfect his ninjitsu skills, was mostly numb to all the news coming out. Voldemort had won, he had lost, it was over, no two ways about it. The Ministry proved their incompetence one last time but at least mostly everyone who was salvageable escaped from that doomed section of the Wizarding World while they could. The few that still remained, well Harry hoped they did not do anything foolish like go up against Voldemort before they got out. Maybe some day, someone would be able to finish off Voldemort, but without the Horcruxes, it was an impossible task. As was finding the Horcruxes for that matter, as all leads pointing to potential Horcrux locations had turned up dry.

“Hi Ginny,” remarked Harry without looking up from his book as Ginny entered the room. “How are you?”

“Fine Harry,” answered Ginny who sat down right next to Harry. “Hermione insisting that we all keep up on our schoolwork despite being shut out of the Wizarding World is rather bothering, but I can see where we go. At the current rate, we’ll be able to take the American equivalency of the N.E.W.Ts within the next year or so, but there are a lot of gaps, mostly due to Ministry mandates I suspect.”

“Yes, the Ministry did do away with a few subjects at Hogwarts over the years that many other countries retained,” agreed Harry in a bitter voice, as he was sure that some of those classes, like a structured dueling class for example, would have served them well. “Still, with enough effort, we can teach each other, but obviously there is only so much it can do when in a real situation.”

“So, Harry, how are you holding up?” asked Ginny.

“Fine Ginny, everything’s great,” replied Harry with a slightly strained smile, as he returned to his book, flipping through it.

“I’m concerned Harry, you’ve been quiet lately, a bit focused on improving both with magic and Muggle fighting techniques,” said Ginny slowly, choosing her words carefully, not wanting to accuse Harry of something.

“Just want to better myself Ginny,” muttered Harry calmly. “You know how it is, you can never learn too much and your best can not be enough.”

Ginny sat, looking at Harry, deciding to accept that explanation, but wondering exactly how much losing to Voldemort had affected Harry mentally. He had been a bit driven in his training, it was almost scary of how hard in pushed himself. The others had ventured out into the city many times but Harry had declined to go, saying that he had training to do. Ginny hated being shut up in a house personally, so she reluctantly left Harry to go out with her friends, but not for too long. It was an unspoken agreement between her and Lily that at least one of them remain in the house at all times, to ensure Harry did not overexert himself too much, as he did the first time after he had completely healed from his Voldemort related injuries.

Footsteps echoed from the stairs above and Harry looked up, to see his brothers approaching.

“Oh, hello guys, what are you doing here?” asked Harry.

“Well, we were going out and wondered if you want to join us,” responded Leo swiftly.

“Yeah, you know, get out of this house, get some fresh air,” added Raph.

“Yeah, you’d think you’re a hermit Harry, with the way you’ve been acting,” inputted Mikey.

“Sorry, guys, but I can’t, I have work to do here and then I’m going to train after that,” answered Harry coolly, as he went back to his book.

“Actually, we were going on a bit of a training exercise, to improve stealth,” responded Leo quickly and Harry looked up, with slight interest. “We’re not going to force you to come but Master Splinter insisted that it would be a good idea to get you out of the house for a few hours.”

Harry sighed, it was obvious he was not going to hear the end of this, so he decided to humor his brothers by slowly rising to his feet, reluctantly. Plus, since his Master Splinter had insisted, he decided that it would be for the best, to put across the illusion of normalcy.

“Actually, it would be a good idea, but since I’m supposed to be dead, let me formulate a quick disguise, so I’m not seen by the wrong people,” said Harry as he got to his feet, before his long hair shortened and lightened slightly, before he changed his very noticeable emerald green eyes into a brown. “Should be good enough to fool some people, providing they don’t know enough to put two and two together, when they see you four.”

“Don’t be worried Harry, we’re masters of stealth and invisibility, nothing can get by us” remarked Mikey in a slightly cocky voice just before he accidentally knocked over a lamp, causing it to crash to the floor. “Ooops.”

Harry sighed, before waving his hand, mending the lamp wandlessly, causing the broken pieces to come back together.

“Let’s go,” suggested Harry curtly, before he turned to Ginny.

“Sorry Harry, I’d like to come, but Hermione’s helping me revise tonight, she’s only given me a five minute break, I really should be getting back right now in fact,” said Ginny in an apologetic voice as she gave Harry a kiss good bye, before Harry walked off with Leo, Don, Raph, and Mikey, to go off on this training exercise.

After walking for a period of time, the five brothers reached an abandoned industrial park just outside the city. The place looked to have been shut down and perhaps condemned for several years, but it was ideal for the exercise at hand.

“Okay, you all remember the rules for Ninja Stealth Hunter?” prompted Leo.

“Of course, Leo, we grab the bandanna, with a thirty second head start and we need to get the other people from finding us,” replied Raph in a tense tone of course.

“Yes, we can hide in any way, by using the landscape of the designated area and our skills in the noble field of ninjitsu to keep from detection,” inputted Don as he looked around.

“Yes, no one’s been able to keep the bandanna away from detection for more than twenty minutes, the record of course, held by our very own Harry Potter,” concluded Mikey as he looked at Harry bowing. “Come on Harry, take a bow, bask in the glory of your tremendous accolades.”

“No, Mikey,” answered Harry curtly, before he turned to the others. “If I’m not mistaken, I believe its Mikey’s turn to take the bandanna and run.”

“Well, this shouldn’t take too long,” remarked Raph with a grin as Leo handed the bandanna over on Mikey, who tied it to his arm.

“I think you underestimate me bro, because remember, I’m the Battle Nexus Champion!” exclaimed Mikey in an excited voice, as he tied the bandanna around the arm before he bolted down the pathway as quickly as he could. “Catch me if you can bros and remember, the clock’s ticking.”

“You know, how about we leave the Battle Nexus Champion here and play with himself?” suggested Raph but Harry shook his head.

“No, that would defeat the entire point of the exercise, and his sixty seconds are nearly up, so let’s start heading out,” answered Harry bluntly as the others nodded, before going their separate ways, in an attempt to track down Mikey.

Little did they know, a large, imposing figure was watching them from a ledge high above the ground. This figure was covered in rags, with its face wrapped in bandages, an ice cold expression in its eyes, as stared down the Turtles and Harry, a large group of rats behind it with hungry looks in their eyes, baring their teeth, as the figure turned before walking off, the rats following him.

Mikey dodged into the building, panting heavily, as footsteps approached more rapidly behind him. He froze, as the knob of the door leading into the building began to turn and quickly, Mikey flipped up, grabbing onto the ceiling for dear life as the door pushed open and Don stepped inside. Time seemed to stop for Mikey as Don took a good look around but Mikey prayed that Don would not look up, otherwise he might have set a new record, for the least amount of time that it took to find someone with the bandanna in Stealth Hunter. After an anxious few seconds, where Mikey held his breath, not even daring to move, Don turned his back and exited the building. Giving a sigh of relief, Mikey dropped down, but the door opened and Don burst in.

“A-ha, thought I had you right here Mikey, just made it easier on me!” yelled Don but Mikey quickly rushed forward and swung his nunchucks, slamming them right through the window, shattering it to give himself a chance to exit. Don planted his Bo staff onto the ground and propelled himself out the window and he looked around, but Mikey had just given him the slip, he could have gone any number of directions from their current location.

Harry stood back, not really all that interested in finding Mikey, all too willing to let the others take a crack at beating him this Stealth Hunter. In an instant, Harry stiffened, before he looked up, something was in the top floor of one of the buildings, something that really should not be there. Quickly, Harry jumped up, vanishing the glass on his way up, before he landed firmly on his feet on the top floor, and widely looked around. Whatever was up there certainly was not there anymore as Harry leaned against the wall for a few seconds, having put too much power into his wandless magic spell.

“Harry, what is it, did you see Mikey up here?” asked Leo as he appeared at the top of the stairs.

“No, not Mikey,” replied Harry curtly. “There’s someone else here beside us, he was just there and then he vanished.”

“A ghost of some sort?” suggested Leo but Harry just calmly shrugged, it did seem to be a logical explanation but something told Harry that there was more to this situation that met the eye. He just kept his eyes pealed, for anything strange and unusual that might occur.

Mikey ducked into the shadows, breathing heavily. He had almost ran into Raph, who seemed bound and determined to be the one to find him but it appeared he was safe, at least at the moment.

“Just a few more seconds here, and I can catch my breath, got to keep on the move, they won’t let up,” breathed Mikey heavily, but he felt a hand on his shoulder. “Okay you’ve found me and…”

As Mikey turned around, it was obvious that was not in fact one of his brothers. He came face to face with the large imposing individual that had been stalking them all day. Mikey stepped back but the figure roughly reached forward. He grabbed Mikey’s arm and reared back his fist. One punch knocked Mikey to the ground. The figure reared its head backwards, laughing evilly, as the rats began to swarm around the unconscious form of Mikey.

In the industrial park, Raph, Don, Leo, and Harry all met, up, all not having any luck.

“Man five minutes and still barely a sight of Mikey, this has to be a new record for him,” replied Raph in an irritated voice as he looked around.

“Don’t give up yet, we’re bound to find him sooner or later,” inputted Leo in a reassuring tone of voice, as he looked around, it appeared that no Mikey was in sight, at least not at the moment.

“Agreed, I almost had once, perhaps it we split up, we’re have better luck,” suggested Don and they did just that, moving in separate directions, to find Mikey, who remained rather illusive, a bit more illusive than usual in his attempts to hide himself in this round of Stealth Hunter.

Mikey gave his head a little shake as he woke up in a dark, dank, rather disgusting smelling room. It took a few seconds to register that he was shackled to what appeared to be a crude looking operating table and he looked up, seeing the same guy who grabbed him. The spooky figure slammed his hands down on the table, staring in Mikey’s face, with a menacing glare in his eyes and laughed his cold, insidious laughter, which made the dark and brooding atmosphere that Mikey had found himself in a bit more ominous. The loud chattering of an entire army of vicious looking rats with sharp teeth and eyes that appeared to glow red did not help matters to say the least, as the figure turned to the legions of rats, who stood around, almost transfixed by the presence of this thing, which could only be described as an inhumane monster, based on the laughter he was giving off. The monster nodded as the rats moved towards Mikey, hungry looks in their eyes, as they approached the helpless turtle.

“Hey, back, get away,” said Mikey in a horrified voice, who thought he would not be freaking out as much in this situation, given that his sensei was in fact a giant talking rat, but all those hungry, scary, nearly demonic looking rats were causing the turtle. “BACK, GET AWAY FROM ME!”

The monster walked off, laughing evilly, leaving Mikey at the mercy of the rats, who looked ready for a meal and unfortunately, mutant turtle appeared to be on the menu, as they approached Mikey slowly, time seemingly standing still as Mikey attempted to pull himself free.

Raph approached a moldy pile of rubble, that appeared to be twitching and he gave a sigh of absolutely disgust as he stepped forward.

“Mikey, that’s got to be the worst hiding place ever,” remarked Raph as Leo, Don, and Harry joined him.

“That’s just sad,” inputted Leo in a disappointed voice as he looked at the twitching pile, Harry just narrowly his eyes in irritation and slight disappointment, not bothering to say a word.

“Not to mention unsanitary,” concluded Don as he poked the rubble gingerly with his Bo Staff and the rubble shook.

“Time’s up Mikey, time to come out and play,” said Raph but a large swarm of rats burst from underneath the rubble, nearly overtaking Raph, Leo, Don, and Harry as they ran off, almost drawn by something off in the distance and they turned around, to see a shadowed figure in the distance.

“Mikey?” prompted Leo but the figure responded by laughing its cold evil laugh and stepped into the light. The monster had found the other three Turtles and Harry.

“That’s not Mikey,” said Raph slowly as the monster turned, before it rushed off and Harry quickly bolted after it, with the Turtles following behind Harry, as they chased their illusive mystery foe down, knowing that if they lost him, they might not be able to find him again.

Back in the darkened room, the rats were very near Mikey.

“Okay Mikey, block at the rats,” muttered Mikey as he screwed his eyes shut. “The ugly, scary, turtle eating rats…”

At that moment, one of the rats had crawled onto Mikey’s arm, which prompted the normally fun loving turtle to shriek like a little girl.

“Eww, get off of me, get off of me!” yelled Mikey, managing to jerk his arm enough to knock the rat off. Mikey snapped his feet free before he kicked the rats that were beginning to climb on his legs free and stooped down, the operating table on his back, before he rushed forward. “Sorry boys, but this is one turtle you’re not taking a bite out of.”

Mikey gained a full head of stream before he rushed forward as fast as he could towards a large hole in the wall that was his ticket out of this horrid place. Several rats sprung up, right on the table on Mikey’s back, as they attempted to gnaw their way through, as Mikey kicked his way through more rodents yet.

“Time to get off the Mikey train!” ordered Mikey as he swung his back towards the wall. Most of the rats got off just before Mikey crashed the table through the wall, shattering it into dozens of pieces, before he slipped through the hole in the wall, before the rats could get a fix on him. He staggered a few steps, before dropping to his knees and panted heavily, as he heard noise from behind the wall and it appeared they were attempting to chew through. Quickly, Mikey sprung up to his feet and bolted right out of there, as the rats began to break through.

Leo, Raph, Don, and Harry continued to give chase of the monster, who quickened his steps as he rushed forward. It was beginning to get into the evening and they had been chasing him for several minutes, almost going around in circles.

“It’s almost like he’s baiting us, like rats in a maze,” remarked Don as they watched their mysterious foe take a sharp corner in an attempt to lose them.

“Well, I ain’t no lab rat,” responded Raph in a moody tone of voice as they continued to follow their foe who sprung up into the air in a somersault and landed right perfectly right over the fence, just before the three Turtles and Harry made their way around the corner and in a moment of frustration, they appeared to have lost their opponent.

Harry looked around, absolutely frustrated, they were so close to having caught up with their foe but a loud rumbling sound was heard from a cellar nearby. The four brothers withdrew their weapons and waited with baited breath, as Mikey sprang through the cellar doors, brushing his hands all over him, freaking out.

“Get them off, get them off!” yelled Mikey in an absolutely frantic voice as he turned to face the others. “I’m glad you guys are here, I was abducted by some whacko who tried to feed me to his army of rats…”

A loud laugh had cut Mikey off and the monster had appeared, standing calmly in the shadows as it stared down the Turtles and Harry.

“That the guy?” asked Raph and Mikey responded with a nod, before their mysterious opponent disappeared into a silo.

“This way!” yelled Harry crisply, as he rushed forward, ready for a fight and his brothers quickly followed Harry, as he jumped in headlong without looking, lead by his anger, as he looked around, in the darkened silo, the only thing visible was several human looking bones.

“It’s empty,” said Leo. “The guy must of given us the slip.”

“Don’t be so sure,” warned Don as he gazed upwards and the monster was crouched on a ledge above, staring menacingly at his prey before he reared his head backwards and laughed.

“I’d really wish he’d stop doing that, it’s really creepy,” remarked Mikey in an uneasy tone of voice.

“Don’t look now Mikey, but things are just about to get a bit more creepier,” responded Raph as in the gaps of the wall, many pairs of beady eyes were visible and Mikey stepped back, along with the others, as the rats moved in.

“The door, now!” ordered Leo and Don, who was closest, made a motion to get it but it blew shut and a small group of rats blocked it, with several more climbing all over the door.

“I can open it, if I can get a clear shot,” muttered Harry as the monster laughed from high above and the rats swarmed in. Harry concentrated and a loud bang echoed throughout the silo, backing several of the rats off but it seemed even more came at them, with a vociferous appetite, as they closed in.

One sprung out at Raph, teeth bared but Raph expertly caught it with his Sai as the rat made a movement in an attempt to scratch Raph’s face.

“God, ugly little suckers, ain’t ya,” remarked Raph, as another rat sprung up but Raph blocked it with his Sai, before he flung it to the ground as Leo swiped his katana at the ground, backing off the rats, Mikey swinging his nunchucks as they leapt towards him and knocked them out of mid air.

“Uh, hi guys, my sensei is a rat, you know Master Splinter,” said Mikey nervously as he attempted to avoid the rat. “Any relatives here by any chance?”

“Something tells me that they ain’t in the mood for a family reunion Mikey,” said Raph as he jabbed one of the rats across the top of the head with his Sai, causing blood to spurt everywhere as one climbed onto the arm of Mikey. Mikey shrieked and smacked it with his nunchucks, causing the rat to dislodge. Another rat attempted to climb on Mikey’s back and as a result, the turtle swung his weapon back, dislodging it. More rats received the same treatment as they continued to attempt to crawl all over Mikey.

“There must be hundreds of rats, there’s no way we can beat them,” replied Don as he slammed his Bo Staff down, dislodging several rats that had climbed all over them. More rats snapped at Don’s feet, so he stepped back, before he used his weapon like a golf club to bat the rats back.

“We don’t have to, just back them off, give them the picture that we’re not a meal that’s worth their fight,” suggested Leo as he swiped his weapon at the rats, backing them off. “Everyone stay away from the walls and get to the center, fight them off!”

The five brothers got back to back and swung their weapons at the rats as they attempted to advance upon them. The rats made a couple of futile attempts to get at them but after a couple of moments, this plan deterred them from making any more attempts at the group. The monster, from his perch high above, gave an inhumane groan as the rats disappeared back into the wall, having been backed off by the quintet of ninjas.

“Now, a way out, Harry,” suggested Leo in an uneasy voice and Harry moved to open the door, but the monster nodded from above, before he broke into a loud round of laughter before he dropped down. Quickly, he sprung off the wall and knocked Mikey backwards with a double fist to the face. Harry rushed the attacker but a large burst of red light erupted from the monster’s hand and knocked Harry right on his backside.

“What in the hell?” exclaimed Harry in confusion, before wincing in pain, at being hit with a very distinctive stinging spell. The monster dodged Leo’s attacks before grabbing Leo around the waist and flipping him up right into Don. Both turtles grabbed down and Raph flung his Sais right at the monster. His foe expertly caught them, before he tossed them back at Raph in a blink of the eye. Raph was caught off guard and knocked right onto his shell by his own weapons being flung right back at him.

“That looked vaguely familiar,” said Don slowly as he approached his brother to help him up.

“Yes, it seems like I’ve seen those moves before,” added Leo but Harry pulled himself up as the monster had sprung up back to his ledge and reared back, his very distinctive and extremely spooky laughter cutting through the air.

“Don’t look now, but here come the rats again!” exclaimed Don and sure enough, the rats exited the all, making their way towards the Turtles and Harry, ready for another round with the brothers.

“Then it’s time for us to bust out!” yelled Raph taking the initiative as Harry was too busy fighting rats to create an exit. He rushed forward towards Mikey, who had pulled himself to his feet. Mikey screamed and ducked, as Raph smashed through the wall, allowing the brothers an exit from the silo.

“Way to go bro,” remarked Mikey as he patted Raph on the shell as the others exited the silo. “I always said you were as thick as a brick.”

Before Raph could respond, their opponent launched himself over their heads. They turned around, just to see the monster land gracefully right on the building across from there. Their mysterious foe did the only thing that he seemed to able to do, he laughed evilly and Harry stepped forward, the laughter was starting to get on his nerves, so he removed six shuriken from a pouch and quickly flicked them at his enemy. The monster expertly deflected five of the shuriken back towards the Turtles and Harry, forcing them to scatter as the sharp weapons impacted in the ground. From high above, their opponent looked down by the section of roof crumbled from above him, causing him to drop down to the ground, giving an inhumane grunt as he dropped down and Harry looked up, with focused but the scene around them became quiet.

“It’s over, let’s go,” suggested Harry in a tired voice but the same insidious laughter that had been taunting them all night had reappeared and Harry spotted the face that had taunted him walking back into the picture and quickly he rushed forward for the attack, but the monster propelled itself high into the air, before Harry could even managed to move forward and dropped right behind Harry. It swung its fist, sending a large jet of blue light out of mid air towards Harry but Harry dodged, causing it to obliterate a window behind him. “Guys, this thing can do magic, stay back…”

A jet of orange light propelled right at Harry, who concentrated and a shield erected around Harry to absorb the impact, but also cause the Boy-Who-Lived to be staggered back a bit. The monster circled Harry and looked at him, but paused, almost as if lost in thought.

Reflections of a past life went through the monster’s mind. It being brought to life in a lab, it being forced to fight a quartet of Turtles and their human companion, it falling off into a stasis tube and being swept into the river, before it was revived by rats.

In an instant, it was brought out of his fragmented memories by Harry’s fist impacting right into its face. Another punch backed the monster up. A third punch fully sprung it back to reality and a fourth one was blocked by a wall of magical energy that propelled Harry onto his back.

“Why are you attacking us?” demanded Harry but the monster just responded by once again breaking out into laughter and running forward, before it broke right through the windows of a building right across the way. Quickly, Harry followed it.

“Harry wait…” said Leo feebly but Harry leapt right through the busted window right after his adversary.

“We can’t leave Harry alone with that thing, c’mon!” yelled Raph, rushing forward, Sais drawn, as the other three Turtles followed him right inside the factory, all crashing through the windows.

The sight they saw was Harry looking around and a second later, the monster dropped down from seemingly out of nowhere. Harry side stepped his opponent’s attack, causing the monster to hit the ground hard. This dangerous adversary was not to be denied, as he sprung back up to a standing position before backing off. A chain was conjured and the monster wrapped the weapon around his arm, before it rushed Harry with the chain wrapped around but Harry just barely dodged the attack. Quickly, a two by four was levitated and then banished right at the monster, but the monster punched right through it, remaining on the attack.

“This is crazy, we just can’t let Harry take on that thing by himself,” said Mikey, as Harry dodged a chain enhanced punch, the hand of the monster illuminated in a deep blue shade that burned a hole through the wall once it connected after Harry ducked.

“From here there is no real way to tell its physical limitations, it might be a tough foe to put down, even if all five of us attack it at once,” commented Don, as the chain was sliced off the arm of the monster but Harry’s opponent was relentless on its assault.

“Leave it, if Harry gets in too much trouble, we’ll jump in,” said Leo. “I may be out of line saying this but Harry might be seeing another monster in place of the one he’s going against.”

“I see what you’re getting at Leo,” said Raph as Harry slid underneath the outstretched arms of his attacker before the monster was caught off balanced. “Harry has some frustrations he needs to work out but at the same time, if he gets in too much trouble, I’ll be the first one to help.”

The others nodded as the monster propelled himself at Harry but Harry dodged the attack. Quickly, Harry launched himself at his opponent, before he could properly turn around. A vicious punch impacted the monster in the chest. Another punch impacted as Harry flipped back, before the monster turned around. A vicious uppercut that would have waylaid most championship boxers staggered the monster.

“Go Harry, get him!” cheered the Turtles as Harry wound up his hand, concentrating, and summoning all the magic he could before his hand gave up a bright red light that forced the Turtles to shield their eyes as Harry planted his fist right in the face of the monster. The monster was launched back over half of the length of the warehouse from what was a equivalent of a high powered banishing charm.

Harry collapsed to his knees, a bit exhausted from using that much powerful wandless magic, as his brothers rushed forward to check on him.

“Harry, are you okay?” asked Raph as he crouched down right beside Harry, showing rare concern through his tough exterior.

“Fine Raph, thanks,” responded Harry gruffly as he pulled himself up to a standing position, just barely avoiding collapsing back to the ground.

“Impressive, I didn’t know you could do that,” said Don.

“Neither did I for that matter,” replied Harry with a weak, distorted smile as he looked down but a loud bellow erupted across the building as the monster had pulled himself to his feet, that attack managing to only enrage the beast.

“Yes, but old creepy’s still alive,” said Mikey grimly, as their opponent stalked them from the other side.

“I’m ending this right now!” yelled Harry and before anyone could say anything, Harry rushed forward, a surprising burst of adrenaline as he leapt high into the air. He brought his hands down onto the throat of his enemy and attempted to push back, in an attempt to snap the neck of his opponent but the monster shoved Harry off. Both foes circled each other and rushed in for the attack. Jets of high level magical energy met in the air, causing a loud rumble to echo throughout the entire industrial park.

“HARRY LOOK OUT!” yelled Leo suddenly as the silo from the outside had tipped over and was falling right through the windows. Harry saw it coming and at the last second, Harry instinctively pushed his opponent out of the way, just as the silo crashed right to the ground, kicking up large clouds of dusts and obscuring

“Harry!” yelled Mikey as the dust cleared but Don had grabbed Mikey around the arm, preventing him from moving him forward.

“Mikey, watch your step,” cautioned Don and Mikey looked down below, as an infinite number of rats were below, released from the silo when it smashed through the floor and they all looked above, transfixed by the sight above it, which was Harry and his opponent slowly getting their feet, a top of a small section of floor, only supported by one rickety looking steel support beam.

“Whoa, its like rat central!” exclaimed Mikey as the sound of chattering rats could be heard throughout the dusty, demolished building and Harry pulled himself up, along with the monster.

“Harry that thing, in fact the entire building could collapse at any minute!” yelled Leo in an urgent voice. “We need to go, now, jump, forget that guy!”

The monster stood and motioned for Harry to step forward, but Harry turned slightly, not really taking his eyes off of his adversary and leapt across the sea of rodents. Harry landed firmly on the other side, just as the beam began to give way and the monster turned, before it launched himself forward, not quite making it. In a last ditch effort, the monster grabbed onto Harry, and attempted to pull him back. If it was go down, his prey was going to fall with him.

Raph rushed forward and grabbed Harry’s arm, attempting to pull his brother back up but the force of the monster was too much for Raph to overcome, as Harry’s feet slid back, mere centimeters from going forward, and Leo quickly grabbed Harry’s other arm, with Don and Mikey grabbing onto Raph and Leo from behind, All four Turtles valiantly pulled, to prevent their brother from falling down but the monster was relentless, he would not let go, not for a second. However, with one last tug, the Turtles broke the grip of the monster and pulled Harry to safety.

The monster on the other end plummeted backwards right into the rats. An inhumane yell was silenced when the rats leapt on top of the monster. That foe was buried underneath a swarm of rats as it appeared to be sucked underneath right into oblivion as Leo, Don, Raph, Mikey, and Harry paused, looking down, verifying that their enemy had met its demise by thousands of rats.

“Ready to go home?” asked Harry after an uncomfortable moment of silence and the others nodded, before quickly making their way out of the building, before it came down on their heads.

As they walked closer to the Battle Shell, Mikey looked at his brothers with a grin on his face, before he held up his arm, showing off the bandanna from the forgotten stealth hunter game.

“Hey, it’s been over an hour easily, hasn’t it?” asked Mikey cheekily with a smug expression. “And I haven’t lost the bandanna yet, I guess that makes me the stealiest most awesome ninja there ever…”

Mikey was cut off, when Raph removed the bandanna from his arm before it whipped it into Mikey’s arm, causing him to wince from the sting the bandanna caused his arm.

“Stricken from the record I think due to a technicality, perhaps we should try this some other time,” responded Don as Mikey opened his mouth to argue.

“Perhaps,” agreed Harry reluctantly, as he was ready to return back to the Potter Residence. He still had some things that he had to do before he turned in for the evening.

Moments after the Battle Shell returned, a voice could be heard for anyone walking past the building where the Turtles and Harry had fought their mysterious foe. The monster stood before an entire army of transfixed rats.

“They have left, but I will haunt their nightmares for many days to come,” declared the monster in a spooky voice, as the rats appeared to be hanging on his words. “I am the monster they can never escape and everything fears me.”

The monster reached forward and picked up one of his rats, staring at it almost lovingly, in a twisted sort of way.

“Everything except for the rats, for I am the Rat King,” concluded the monster before its evil laughter echoed throughout the entire industrial park.
Sign up to rate and review this story