Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VII

Chapter 04: The Faux Phantom

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-04-30 - Updated: 2008-04-30 - 6004 words

0TrainWreck
Chapter Four: The Faux Phantom

It was days after Lord Voldemort had committed his hostile takeover on the entire Wizarding World. It was difficult to know exactly what was going on over in Britain after Voldemort’s radio announcement, as pretty much the doomed country was cut off from the rest of the world. Other than the odd Muggle news piece about mysterious disappearances and deaths over in Britain, news did not travel to the rest of the world.

“So, it’s really over,” said Neville in a calm voice as he was walking with Hailey, Luna, Ron, and Hermione on the streets of New York in the early part of the evening, all of them mostly getting away from the slightly moody atmosphere of the Potter residence on that evening. “Harry’s given up just like that.”

“No, I can’t believe it, Harry’s endured worst,” replied Hailey. “While he has no obligation to go back, I don’t think he’s done with Voldemort forever, just for the foreseeable future.”

“I’m worried about what this will do to Harry long term,” voiced Hermione. “I just remember when I nearly died against Bellatrix; it really shook me up for a long time, hell I’m still shaken up, and…”

“Harry says he’s fine but if I know him, he’s anything but fine,” added Hailey. “Failing everyone might have gotten to him a bit more than he’s let on, losing to Voldemort, I know he’s said that he’s through, but it’s got to be eating him up on the inside…”

“His total dismissal of everything is just Harry’s way of coping, we all have these defenses to deal with the hardships that life deals us,” answered Luna calmly. “Harry is stronger than most, he’ll be fine, it might be some time, but he’ll pull through, he has before.”

“But, this looks like it might be the last straw, after what happened to Daphne and Theodore last year,” added Hermione.

“Not to mention the final battle with the Shredder, the fact he was nearly too late,” shuddered Hailey. “They were in bad shape after that…”

“Still, if anyone can shake all this off eventually, it’s Harry,” said Neville. “I remember when most of the school hated him during the entire mess with the Chamber. The fact that everyone around him pointed the finger at him, but Harry managed to weather the storm, after that year, he returned stronger than ever. This could be one of those times once again that Harry comes back when we counted him out.”

“Hopefully,” remarked Ron speaking up for the first time as he looked around. “So, where can we eat in this city, I’m sorry?”

“I suspect loads of places, but Hailey would know better than anyone since she’s lived here most of her life,” replied Luna quickly, before Hermione could say anything regarding Ron’s one track mind regarding food.

“Yes, there’s a great pizza place around the corner, an ice cream shop not far from that, it serves the best ice cream in the entire city, with chocolate syrup on the top, ” remarked Hailey in an excited voice. “It’s just really where you’d want to go, I suppose.”

“Yes, but are there any places that serve normal food in this city?” asked Hermione.

“I suppose there might be, but really, I can eat what you call normal foods at home all I want, and besides, chocolate is one of the five basic food groups, isn’t it?” asked Hailey and Ron, Luna, and Neville all nodded in agreement, with Hermione sighing in irritation, it was apparent that she was being outvoted on this situation. Perhaps being raised by two parents who were dentists had caused her diet to be a bit skewed against sweets, at least the one’s that contained sugar.

The five entered the shop, to get their ice cream, to enjoy a pleasant hour without talk about the Voldemort incident, as it was very depressing to say the least. A few moments after they sat down, as was the case in this city, something bad was to happen. Indeed, at that moment, the doors of the ice cream parlor and a quartet of thieves entered the ice cream parlor entered, wearing ski masks and packing Federation laser blasters that they no doubt acquired from the black market.

“All right, listen up, give us all your money and jewelry, and then we’ll let you get back to eating your sweats,” ordered one of the thieves as they pointed their laser blasters, at the patrons of the ice cream parlor.

“Maybe if we disapparate out the back door, we can escape these crazy Muggles, get some help you know,” muttered Ron in an undertone.

“But, we’ll leave all these people in here, with them,” replied Neville. “I don’t think that would be a good idea, maybe we can summon those weapons away from them…”

“Too risky, I don’t know exactly how those things would work, but it could set them off,” argued Hermione as she looked at Hailey who looked irritated that Hermione expected her to know something.

“Don’t ask me, Harry would know, but I sure as hell don’t,” whispered Hailey, but the thieves had reached the table, pointing the laser blasters over towards the group.

“Alright, you punks, better cough up, or we’ll blow your damn brains out,” demanded the thief as they pointed the blasters, but a large gust of wind blew the doors open and the thieves spun around in anger, along with Hailey, Luna, Ron, Hermione, and Neville, who all gawked at the figure standing in the door.

Hailey could hardly believe in hers. In the door stood a girl, with a tight platinum version of her Black Phantom costume that Hailey’s mother most certainly would not have allowed her to wear outside the house had she know about it, with her hands on her hips, in a heroic pose, with a triumphant on her face, showing perfectly straight white teeth, as she stared at the thieves.

“You rogues thought you could harm these citizens, but you were mistaken, now you will all fall before the might of the Platinum Phantom!” cheered the newcomer as she walked forward towards the wound be thieves who laughed at the gall of this new comer and even Hailey’s eyes were wide at the gall of this egotistical new comer.

“Exterminate us, you’ve got another thing coming if you think that, girl, liquidate her boys,” ordered the lead thief and they fired the laser blasters right at the Platinum Phantom, firing them in the blink of an eye. Rather then being obliterated, the Platinum Phantom spun her wrists, the metallic wrist bands deflected the fire right back at the blasters. The thieves were knocked backwards, dropping down to the ground and the Platinum Phantom quickly rushed around, before she grabbed one of the thieves around the throat and tossed him to the ground. A laser blasted from her wrist band immobilized the thief in a stasis field. Two other thieves rushed the Platinum Phantom but she jumped over their attack with expert grace. The thieves turned around and she rushed around them, seemingly at the speed of light, they were bound in thick cords, dropping to the ground.

That left one final thief and he aimed a punch. The Platinum Phantom blocked the punch with expert precision and wrenched the arm back viciously, before she flipped her attacker over onto his back. The thief rose up to his feet, dazed and the Platinum Phantom knocked him out with one vicious punch, dropping him down to the ground. The Platinum Phantom stepped back, with all four of the thieves knocked out, before she turned to the crowd.

“Fear, not fair citizens, the danger has passed, thanks to the glorious efforts of the Platinum Phantom,” declared the Platinum Phantom as she waved at the crowd, with a big smile etched on her face. “And no matter where evil lurks, I’ll always be there to serve my public.”

The Platinum Phantom made a big production of leaving the ice cream parlor, as Hailey looked on in absolutely irritation about how pompous this supposed hero was to be. Hailey was known to show off from time to time, but she also knew when to get serious, when it was time to get down to business instead of showing off. The fact that this either appeared to be an obsessed fan or a blatant imitation did not really do much to ease Hailey’s rising temper.

“Well, that was interesting,” replied Luna calmly as she went back to her ice cream as if nothing had happened.

“Yes, thankfully she saved us but did she really have to make a big production out of doing so?” asked Hailey.

“Yes, I agree, it was almost like she wanted to see as many people as possible make the save,” agreed Neville. “So what do you think she’s up to?”

“I don’t know, but rather suspicious isn’t it?” replied Hailey, more to herself than the others, as this Platinum Phantom remained a bit of a mystery, one that Hailey was not going to rest easily until she solved it.

“Oh honestly!” exclaimed Hermione in an agitated voice as she craned her neck to look out the window and spotted the Platinum Phantom posing for pictures from the medium, waving from high above, with a bubbly smile on her face to a few cheers from the crowd below. “Have you ever seen anyone who was so pompous?”

“Besides Lockhart and Malfoy, no,” answered Ron as he looked out the window as well as the Platinum Phantom continued to wave to the crowd from high above, as more individuals joined the crowd.

“I’m suddenly lost my appetite,” replied Hailey in disgust. “If it’s all the same to you guys, I’m going to head home.”

“I’ll come with you, might not be a good idea for you to walk home,” said Neville.

“Go, you two, I’m sure we can find our way back home,” prompted Hermione with a smile, waving the two off and without another word, Neville and Hailey walked from the ice cream parlor, past the sea of humanity, back to the Potter Residence before it became to dark. Once everyone had gone to bed, Hailey needed to make a quick change of clothing, to determine what in the world was going on with this Platinum Phantom business.

Once the crowd had died down, the Platinum Phantom walked off, looking rather smug at the adoration that she received, well deserved, by her actions, in flawlessly putting down those four criminals.

“Having fun?” asked a distorted voice within the ear of the Platinum Phantom causing her to stop in her tracks. “Do not forget your place, your mission is to give me detailed specifications of what I need to know, so I can plan my next move, the vigilante act is but a cover for your real mission.”

“Come on, lighten up a little bit, the people ate it up, they seemed to appreciate my efforts a lot more than you do I might add,” replied the Platinum Phantom. “Don’t worry, I’ll get your little specifications, don’t know why you really bother with this world anyway, it does not affect you, H…”

“Remember your place,” warned the voice. “Your attempted treachery, actually sympathizing for the rights of the masses, never quite understanding how much of a danger their freedom brings to the entire world, nearly destabilized everything that I tried to achieve once.”

“Believe me I learned my lesson after I was sent to that horrid place,” replied the Platinum Phantom with a slight shudder. “Still, there has to be another way, you rule through fear, through manipulation, does that really make you any better than those who you attempt to protect us from? Sure there are a few dangerous people who deserve it, but to put everyone under your rule…”

“It’s necessary, you have too much of a naïve view of the world, to think the majority can be trusted to make decisions for themselves,” remarked the voice. “Now, use your cover to gain the trust of the people whenever possible, but it is just a cover. Do not get too enamored in the idea of sympathizing with these disruptive elements. And don’t get overconfident, as there are those who would seek to stop you if there is any hint of what you’re up to.”

“C’mon no one can touch me in this outfit,” replied the Platinum Phantom in a slightly pompous voice. “You should have seen the way that I trashed those four punks, without breaking a sweat, it was so totally awesome…”

“Petty thieves with no skills, the suit can handle flawlessly and indeed, it is made of a special platinum alloy that will repel most magic and Muggle attacks, making you practically invincible,” argued the voice on the other end. “Still, nothing is foolproof, especially when dealing with a naïve fool such as yourself, so remember do not get over confidence or stick around any longer than you have to. The trans-dimensional gateway should be re-powered in forty eight hours, so be sure to complete your mission within that time. Do I make myself clear?”

“Crystal,” replied the Platinum Phantom in a deflated voice, as she gave an involuntary shudder. If she had stepped one toe out of line, she would be sent back to that horrid place and three years in that place seemed like an eternity.

Hailey, under the guise of the Black Phantom, watched over the city, it had been several hours since she had snuck out of the house on the cover of night, the illusion charms that she had placed on her bed should be even powerful enough to fool Luna and Hermione, who she was sharing a room with, providing of course they did not look to closely at her bed. Still, the Platinum Phantom had not shown but Hailey remained vigilante. After all, any crime, no matter how big or small would give the Platinum Phantom a perfect opportunity to reach for more glory.

Trouble did in fact come in the form of the super powered hitmen duo of Mr. Touch and Mr. Go, as they walked over to the warehouse right across the street from where Hailey was keeping an intent watch. With Mr. Go’s super speed and Mr. Touch’s super strength, they were quite the formidable pair, able to recharge their powers just by touching their fists together.

“Mr. Touch I believe we do have a problem,” remarked Mr. Go as he locked over the door to the warehouse. “I believe ze door has been locked.”

“Then allow me to pick the lock, Mr. Go,” replied Mr. Touch as he raised his massive fist before punching right through the steel door, allowing them entrance. “Now, we can do that job.”

“Ah yes, excellent work Mr. Go, let us proceed, yes,” responded Mr. Go as the two super powered hitmen walked into the factory but Hailey quickly swept down in front of them and rushed forward for the attack, knocking Mr. Go back with a punch. Mr. Touch rushed Hailey with his arms raised and attempted to smash down on the girl’s head, but Hailey quickly avoided the impact. Mr. Touch turned around just as Hailey leapt up and caught Mr. Touch with a pair of kicks. Mr. Touch was airborne as he dropped to the ground.

Touch and Go pulled themselves to their feet, and Hailey rushed forward, knowing what was coming next but it was in fact too late as Touch and Go had touched fist, their powers completely recharged.

“I’ll take zis silly little girl out, you get the goods, Mr. Touch,” replied Mr. Go.

“Absolutely, Mr. Go,” agreed Mr. Touch as Mr. Go sprung into action, right towards Hailey, just barely avoided the impact by rolling herself out of the way. Go swung his stylish walking stick right at Hailey but Hailey somersaulted out of the way. Her opponent swung around and caught her with a kick that knocked her right to the ground. Hailey pulled herself up, as she saw Mr. Touch rip a large vault out of the wall. She had no time to register what he was doing as Mr. Go swung his fist right at Hailey. Hailey just managed to drop down and avoid the shot before she flipped over Mr. Go. Hailey landed on her feet and kicked Mr. Go right in the face as he quickly spun around. Mr. Go hit the ground and Hailey spotted a stack of crates above her quick opponent on top of a platform. A slicing charm broke the supports and caused the crates to tumble down onto Mr. Go, putting him out of commission.

“Now, your turn,” muttered Hailey under her breath as Mr. Touch was unloading the vault that appeared to have thousands of dollars in cash in it. Touch turned around and went after Hailey, but Hailey dodged the large man’s assault. Touch turned around and Hailey was around airborne, somersaulting right down into Mr. Touch. Both her feet impacted the large super powered goon in the chest, dropping him to one knee, before Hailey jumped over him, getting in position to finish him off.

“Never fear, the Platinum Phantom is here!” yelled an excited voice as the Platinum Phantom rushed into action and shot a series of photon beams from her wrist cuffs. Mr. Touch managed to just barely avoid the storm as a severely weakened Mr. Go pulled himself out of the crates, looking punch drunk as he rose to his feet.

“Time to power up, Mr. Touch,” slurred Mr. Go as Touch walked forward, with the Platinum Phantom propelling herself right at Touch, knocking him right into Mr. Go. Hailey looked absolutely horrified as the fists of the two super villains touched, powering them back up, just when she had them isolated.

“Ah, much refreshing, Mr. Go,” announced Mr. Touch as he ripped a metal beam out of the support structure out of the factory, causing the ceiling to begin to crumble upon both Hailey and the Platinum Phantom. “This should take care of those meddlers.”

“And here’s our payday,” added Mr. Go as he rushed in and collected the stacks of money, before the two super powered fiends escaped the falling debris, as Hailey attempted to go after them, but the Platinum Phantom spun her arms clockwise, knocking bits of debris away from them. Unfortunately, it also blocked Hailey’s path and allowed Touch and Go a clean get away.

“Look what you did, you just allowed them to get away!” yelled Hailey in an angry voice.

“Don’t fear, I’ll capture them, they won’t get far, there is no escaping the Platinum Phantom!” responded the Platinum Phantom in a triumphant voice before she got a look at Hailey. “Ah, I see you are a fan of my exploits, but you won’t get anywhere in that tacky costume, it’s so drab and boring, it looks like you got that out of a box.”

“The only thing that’s tacky is your attitude, the fact you think that doing good is just a chance to get yourself noticed!” shouted Hailey, losing her temper as she stepped forward. “The fact remains if you hadn’t showed off by interjecting yourself in this situation, they wouldn’t have gotten away. I’ve had Touch and Go right where I wanted them, you were the one that knocked them into each other and allowed them to recharge their powers!”

“Now jealously is not becoming, fan,” replied the Platinum Phantom calmly, as she removed a piece of paper and a pen, before writing on it and handing it to Hailey. “Here, an autograph, no doubt to inspire you and perhaps one day you’ll be as great as me. In fact, if you change that outfit, you’d be already there.”

The Platinum Phantom paused as she heard the crowd approaching, a smile twitching on her lips.

“Now if you excuse me, my adoring public awaits me,” said the Platinum Phantom as she walked off, swaying her hips as she moved, as Hailey angrily crushed the paper in her hand. This bint thought that everything was a game, that being heroic and doing the right thing was a popularity contest. Still, perhaps Touch and Go were nearby, that they had not gotten away.

Hailey moved from wreckage, to look for the two super powered goons but much to her displeasure, they had escaped along with the alleged heroine. As she moved forward, Hailey felt a hand on her shoulder and spun around quickly, ready to fight, but slightly relaxed when she saw it was only Neville.

“Hailey, what the…” started Neville before he looked at Hailey in shock, dressed up as the Black Platinum.

“How did you know it was me?” hissed Hailey in an undertone. “Most importantly, how did you get here?”

“Well, I overheard a noise, thought it might be trouble and tried to investigate, when I saw you leaving through a window,” replied Neville in a calm voice. “I figured it was you, the body type looked about right, so I followed you, tried to find out what you were up to.”

“Extremely reckless, almost Gryffindor move aside, I’m actually glad you followed me Neville, because I need to know if you saw which way the Platinum Phantom disappeared to,” replied Hailey., who was mentally chastising herself for not implementing a little more stealth

“Actually I did,” answered Neville promptly, before he looked around. “She stopped to play the crowd, at least for a few seconds, but it seemed as if she ran off quickly before I could get a better look. Almost like if someone was calling for her but…”

“Of course, she’s working for someone,” muttered Hailey it made perfect sense. “We need to move quickly, maybe we can find out what she’s up to.”

“I don’t know Hailey, maybe we should get some help, you saw how that outfit gave her those powers,” remarked Neville in a reluctant tone of voice. “If you got in her way she might…”

“Neville, I know you’re concerned, but I’m more than capable of handling myself, Harry’s taught me more than a few tricks,” answered Hailey with a smile. “Now, exactly what way did she go?”

“This way,” responded Neville as he reluctantly pointed out the direction that he had saw the Platinum Phantom. The two friends walked off, but Hailey suddenly remembered.

“Oh, Neville, please don’t tell Harry about my duel identity?” begged Hailey as Neville looked at her.

“Wait, I thought Harry would know,” said Neville but Hailey shook her head. “Okay, I guess, it’s your business after all, but if anyone tells Harry, it really should be you and not someone else.”

“Thanks Neville,” replied Hailey gratefully, with a smile and a far off look in her eyes as she stared at Neville for about ten seconds, before she shook her head, ready to get down to business, as they continued to look around, hoping they could gain a fix on the Platinum Phantom.

A loud alarm caught Hailey’s attention, the disturbance coming from the Clearwater Research Facility just across the street.

“That’s one of those things that Muggles use instead of perimeter charms, right?” asked Neville and Hailey nodded slowly, as she quickly rushed over to see what was up but it appeared that the door had not been forced open physically, which stated that some kind of magical intrusion had taken place. Quickly, Hailey raised her wand and pointed it right at the key hole on the door. A click and the door swung open, allowing Hailey entrance.

The Platinum Phantom was at the main computer of the research facility, quickly scanning through the files and with a nod, she confirmed it, before quickly closing everything out, before covering what she did.

“Everything on the list is being developed here or has already been completed,” replied the Platinum Phantom quickly.

“Excellent,” remarked the distorted voice. “You have done well so far, but there is still one more variable that may have the potential to pose a problem. At the Solomon Institute across the river, a potential failsafe component should be available but before I complete my plans, I need to ensure that it is there.”

“So you want me to go and check for it,” said the Platinum Phantom bitterly.

“Of course, it is of the terms of your release, unless you want to go back,” answered the voice coolly.

“No!” yelled the Platinum Phantom in a horrified tone as she remembered the torment she suffered in that place, as she hastened to quickly depart, but she turned around and saw Hailey standing in the doorway, blocking her exit. “You know, it might be a good idea for you to get out of here, you don’t know what could be lurking around here…”

Quickly Hailey aimed a kick at the Platinum Phantom, but the Platinum Phantom caught her foot in a blink of an eye and shoved Hailey back to the ground. Seconds later, Hailey was blasted with cords, wrapping around her, but quickly, she twisted her body and cut the ropes with a concealed dagger up her sleeve, a little trick that Harry taught her in case she got tied up without a wand. The Platinum Phantom stared down at Hailey like she had grown two hands.

“Now, really, I know you’re jealous on me but…” stated the Platinum Phantom but Hailey rushed at her, managing to catch the Platinum Phantom by surprise, knocking her a few steps back. Hailey grabbed a hold of the Platinum Phantom’s head, but she appeared to activate some sort of rocket launcher in the heels of her boots, knocking her up into the air and the mask and wig came off in Hailey’s hands. Quickly she look up and Hailey’s eyes widened, her jaw dropping in absolutely shock as she looked up at the unmasked Platinum Phantom.

It was almost looking into a mirror, as above Hailey, she saw an unmasked duplicate of herself. The only distinguishable difference was that the unmasked Platinum Phantom had straight dark red, auburn hair, as opposed to the slightly unruly hair that Hailey had.

“She’s removed your disguise, there is only one thing you must do,” muttered the distorted voice in the Platinum Phantom’s ear. “Eliminate her.”

“Is that really necessary?” asked the Platinum Phantom in a calm voice but Hailey sprung up to knock the Platinum Phantom out of the air with a kick. She managed to drop down, absorbing the majority of the impact as Hailey rushed at her, but the Platinum Phantom grabbed Hailey by the arm and flung her right onto her back. Hailey crashed down onto the ground, cursing mentally as her mask slid off and wig came off.

“Who in the hell are you?” demanded Hailey as she rushed the Platinum Phantom but she was already on the other end of the room and aimed a laser blast at Hailey, who just barely managed to block it with a shield charm.

“I could ask the same question about you,” replied the Platinum Phantom, as she made for the exit and Hailey attempted to wrap her mysterious opponent’s feet up with a chain shot out of her want but the Platinum Phantom dodged the attack, before making her way out of the research facility, with Hailey in hot pursuit.

Hailey exited the building, with Neville having been knocked on the ground, just pulling himself up. She extended her hand, helping Neville to his feet.

“She knocked me down when she left, she looked just like…” stated Neville.

“I know, but we must not lose her,” added Hailey as she spotted the Platinum Phantom across the street and Hailey quickly rushed out.

“Hailey wait, don’t you think she might by luring you into a trap?” asked Neville but Hailey was already across the street, as fast as her legs could carry her, into an area where a new shopping mall was under construction, where the Platinum Phantom had gone.

Hailey turned around and the Platinum Phantom raised her hands, before a blue stasis field materialized over a stack of bricks as they levitated into the air.

“I apologize for what I’m going to do, but you do know too much,” said the Platinum Phantom in a somber tone.

“Bury her alive,” prompted the distorted voice. “Make sure you leave no trace that he can follow.”

At this the Platinum Phantom drew back her hand and caused the bricks to fall right onto Hailey, who quickly slid underneath them, managing to blast some of them out of the way, before her pant leg was caught underneath a small stack of them. Hailey looked up as her opponent reached down and began to gasp for air, as the Platinum Phantom wrapped her hands around the throat of Hailey, as she managed to pull herself free, ripping the bottom half of her right pant leg off. The strength of her outfit enhanced the power, as Hailey felt the air quickly leaving her lungs.

“STUPEFY!”

In the blink of an eye, the Platinum Phantom turned around as Neville had hit her with a stunning spell that was completely repelled by the armor and at the speed of light, she was in front of Neville. A huge punch knocked Neville right on his back, before had even a chance to think about defending himself with his wand.

Hailey massaged her throat, as the Platinum Phantom rushed forward to attack, at nearly the speed of light. Quickly, Hailey stuck her foot out, using her opponent’s own momentum against her. The Platinum Phantom hit the ground at high speed, but bounced quickly up, right into a leaping kick from Hailey that staggered her back. Hailey quickly swung a punch but the Platinum Phantom caught her arm, before pushing Hailey back to the ground and grabbing her by the shirt. In instant, Hailey found herself launched high into the night sky by her opponent’s heel rockets, hanging on for dear life.

“Wait, what would your beloved fans say if they saw you commit a murder?” asked Hailey as it appeared the Platinum Phantom was about to launch her to the ground with full force, but this paused her. “Yes, I suppose they wouldn’t be all that thrilled, some heroine you’d turn out to be.”

The Platinum Phantom looked more hesitant than ever before.

“Remember, if you fail, you’ll go back,” muttered the voice in her ear and the Platinum Phantom let go, causing Hailey to fly to the ground. Neville looked up in horror, before he quickly threw himself forward, just barely managing to catch Hailey before she hit the ground. Neville staggered back and fell backwards, in an awkward momentum the ground with Hailey over Neville’s lap. Hailey turned away, blushing slightly, not able to look Neville in the face but at that second, the Platinum Phantom dropped down in front of her, before she grabbed Hailey and flung her several feet. Hailey crashed to the ground, the top part of her Black Phantom costume slightly ripped from the impact.

“Stay down this time!” demanded the Platinum Phantom as she propelled herself forward and attempted to punch Hailey but she flipped over the charge. The Platinum Phantom skidded to the ground and turned around to see Hailey scale up the beams of building under construction.

“Catch me if you can,” taunted Hailey and the Platinum Phantom propelled herself upwards, right towards Hailey but Hailey leapt down at the last moment. In an instant, the Platinum Phantom was forced to put on the breaks. “Surely you can catch me in that outfit, I mean, it seems to be indestructible!”

Neville looked on in awe, wondering if Hailey was absolutely suicidal and the Platinum Phantom shot down, the metallic wrist bands glowing.

“I have to kill you, I won’t go back!” shouted the Platinum Phantom but Hailey dodged out of the way and the Platinum Phantom impacted the ground with both fists. A shockwave erupted towards the ground, knocking both Hailey and Neville from their separate points back and no doubt may have rocked the entire city.

“If that would have hit…” muttered Hailey in a horrified tone of voice as the Platinum Phantom moved forward, but Hailey spotted she was close to a cement mixer. Quickly, all too aware that she had only one shot to make it count, Hailey flicked a shuriken right at the swing, striking it. The Platinum Phantom turned around and was covered in cement, from the neck down. Before she could move, Hailey jabbed her wand, causing the cement to harden around her. Not even the super powerful platinum outfit that she wore could break out of the cement.

“Hailey, are you okay?” asked Neville in a concerned voice.

“Fine thanks for asking but that black eye looks pretty nasty,” replied Hailey with a smile.

“Well, she hits really hard,” offered Neville with a shrug as Hailey walked over, a bit sore and in a slightly tattered outfit, but the Platinum Phantom was in a worse state, unable to move in the hardened cement.

“It had to be done, you need to let me go,” said the Platinum Phantom quietly.

“No, you will be answering a few questions,” argued Hailey, as she stared at this girl, this essential mirror image of her. “Namely, who the hell are you and who are you working for?”

The Platinum Phantom paused and when she saw a pair of wands in her face, with no way to defend herself, she sighed, admitting defeat.

“I was…” started the Platinum Phantom but she never finished as a large burst of electricity erupted from the area around her head and her eyes became wildly blank. Hailey could have sworn she saw a metallic hand band over her counterpart’s forehead for the briefest second, but it was not visible after that second, so Hailey reasoned it must have been a trick of the light.

The Platinum Phantom looked up at Hailey, with an unresponsive look in her eyes, as if she was unaware where she was and Neville looked like she had seen a ghost.

“Hailey, I don’t think we’ll get anything out of her, she looks just like…” started Neville before dropping his voice into a slightly embarrassed mutter. “My parents, after what happened to them.”

“We need to get her out of here and get some help,” suggested Hailey feebly, knowing that if what Neville was saying was true, their would be no way the girl’s mind would heal, so they could get information.

“So who do you think is behind this entire business?” asked Neville as they snuck back to the Potter Residence after the Platinum Phantom was in the care of the trained healers at the American Wizarding Government headquarters.

“No idea,” replied Hailey with a shrug. “Your guess is a good as mine Neville but let’s hurry up and get back, it’s a bit after midnight right now and certain members of my family have been known to get up pretty early.”

“Agreed,” said Neville, as they reached the driveway of the Potter Residence, before sneaking in when the coast was clear and silently parted ways to their separate rooms.
Sign up to rate and review this story