In which others find out that Harry Potter has disappeared.
- please please please NO HARRY/GINNY I beg you! there are so many other light side families out there you don't have to go to the weasley's for a ship with Harry.
Author's responseThe contract stands... for now. I won't guarantee that it will remain H/G, as I'm leaning towards Henri/Susan.
- cool susan is a more believable person to be with Henri, the Weasley's are so far in Dumbles pocket and are so against anything that doesn't fit their views of the light side that it just doesn't make sense, plus I just can't bare to see Harry with Ginny she is too much of a psycho stalker fan girl...
Susan on the other hand in canon see's Harry as just Harry and she is a great character to build on especially if you want to use her aunt Amelia as a more active character in the fic..
Author's responseJust remember, this is AU. Which means that certain people may be a tad different...
- I think it's a friggin awesome start... lots of promise, now to deliver. And yes no H/G please, basically H/AGBG - any girl but Ginny. My bet is Snape is a vampire too heheh.
Author's responseThis is not that AU. Snape isn't a vampire... And I'm not promising any pairing at the moment
(#) apocalypse_thou 2008-05-15 03:14:06 AMThis is really good. And ignore the rest of the reviews. H/G all the way! Im looking forward to see how you write it. Keep it up.
Author's responseI'm actually not certain if this will stay H/G. Ginny is being rather uncooperative, and I don't want to force the pairing.
- I know you had H/G, but I wouldn't mind a change before the end. H/G would be great to start with, if only to pull the rug out from under Ginny, as she reject Henri to pine for the Harry that doesn't exist
Author's responseT, Ginny has been informing me that she would reject Harry Potter if she had a contract, simply because she hates the idea of an arranged marriage.
(#) Prince_Charon 2008-05-15 05:53:49 PMInteresting. Harry/Luna, perhaps? I prefer Harry/Hermione, but Harry/Susan, Harry/Luna, or Harry/Harem all work quite well.
I find myself wondering if Natalie will show up. They're not in Canada, of course, but if she goes on vacation in France, or gets a job there, perhaps...
Not a requirement, of course, but it could be interesting.
Thank you for updating.
More soon, please.
Author's responseI've figured out a way to get Natalie to leave Canada. You will, however, have to wait quite some time for her to show up.
- great, great, great, GREAT update! though isn't he a bit young for a marriage contract? please, not ginny or hermione, i beg you! susan bones maybe? i cant think of many other girls from the hp fics that are from light families.
Author's responseIt's more of a betrothal contract. And the contract does not necessarily equal an ultimate pairing.
- I really like this story. Knowing nothing of Forever Knight, i feel a bit out of the loop sometimes, but the story flows anyway. On the contract side, allow me to point out that there's plenty of "known" girls who aren't actually in the books? Daphne Greengrass was mentioned in an interview, as was Tracey Davis. As there's no canon to take into account, why not make one of them a Light Family, whose daughter unexpectedly turn Slytherin?
Heh, why not have a serious affair, and then he boinks Ginny on the side? Just a love'em and leave'em kind of thing? Considering CanonGinny's depth of character, it'd work.
Ah well, whatever you choose to invent, I'll be here to read it.
Author's responseI am not committed to an ultimate pairing. The betrothal contract is for political reasons, nothing more. I tried my best to ensure that you didn't have to be a FK fan to be able to follow the story, and vice versa.
- A great story but please don't make it a Harry / Ginny pairing, like Vanir, there are other known girls to choose such as Tracey and Daphne but I am surprised that nobody mentioned Fleur, seeing as it appears they live in Europe. Redgardless it is still a good story and one that I would read despite everything. Here's hoping that you will update soon.
Author's responseI have yet to decide on an ultimate pairing. Originally, I'd thought of Henri knowing the Delacours, but it just wasn't a great fit for the rest of the story.