Categories > Original > Fantasy > My Strange Journey

Elves!?

by YaoiQueen 0 reviews

Sam meets an Elven boy and is taken to the Elf city.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-05-20 - Updated: 2008-05-21 - 1123 words

0Unrated
I wasn’t sure how much later it was, but I was still going through forest and I was becoming thirsty and hungry. I was tired and scratched from a bramble patch I’d had to work my way through. I found what looked like a good spot to sit, beneath a tall oak tree. I wiped sweat from my forehead with my sleeve and sighed deeply. There was nothing here to eat and I still hadn’t found water. I had so far not encountered any animals which I found rather strange. I leaned my head back against the tree and stared at what sky I could see through the leaves in discouragement. What if this forest never ends and I starve to death here? This isn’t turning out so good after all… There were berries, but I was afraid to eat any in case they were poisonous and because I hadn’t seen any animals I would not be able to tell if they were ok to eat. Just then I heard a rustling in the leaves above me. I quickly jumped up and studied the foliage of the tall oak. There was one last short rustle and then the sound stopped. I squinted trying to see through the leaves and I thought I glimpsed something large.

“Who… Who’s there?” I asked slightly afraid. Ok…so maybe I’ll be killed by whatever this thing is before I starve to death. Neither option sounded appealing to me. I took a couple steps back, bumping into another tree as the leaves rustled again. Then a person dropped down from a branch landing just a foot or two in front of me. As they stood up straight I gasped. It was a boy standing roughly 5’8”. He had shoulder length dark hair highlighted with red where the light shone on it. His eyes were green and his skin was so pale it seemed to almost glow with an ethereal light. He had long pointy ears and was wearing a green tunic with tan leggings and brown deerskin boots. He was so beautiful that he was anything but menacing. Is he…an elf? I thought in awed disbelief. He smiled at me and chuckled softly putting a hand behind his head. Goku style. I thought.
“Ista mir starothrenyis. Ista daeistadae narothtir mireldaarthnar tiroth forrenistahiltireldanar othuthu. Istatir istastar othnarlinyis tirhilarthtir Ista hilarthvalelda nareldavaleldaren stareldanar arth hiluthumirarthnar brineldaforothrenelda.” He said in the most beautiful and flowing voice I’d ever heard. Surprisingly I found that I could understand him. He apologized for scaring me and said that he had never seen a human before.

“Are you…an elf?” I asked him in English hoping that he would understand. He smiled and nodded.

“Yes. Do you speak Elvish?” He asked. His voice was still beautiful but not as flowing in English. Well I didn’t want to try to speak it to him if I said yes.

“No, I’m sorry I don’t.” I wanted to touch his ears so badly but I didn’t want to seem rude. On the other hand I couldn’t take my eyes off them. He noticed me staring but didn’t say anything because he was studying me too. “Um…I’m sort of lost. Can you help me find my way out of this forest?”

He smiled. “Yes, I would be happy to assist you. I will take you to the White City, where we Elves live. It’s closest and you look exhausted.” He then bowed to me. “My name is Selwyn Milthran; it is a pleasure to meet you.”

I blushed slightly and bowed back. “My name is Sam Baugh, and I’m very honored to meet you Selwyn. Thank you in advance for your help.”

“Don’t worry, the city is not far. You shall have food and drink soon.” He assured me. “This way.” Selwyn began walking in the direction I had been going and I followed along behind him. I didn’t mind the walk; I was too amazed by everything around me. It seemed that the forest became more alive now that I was walking with this beautiful elf. Creatures came out of hiding. Some I recognized, others I had never seen before. The trees were very dense now and it seemed like evening. Little lights danced around us in the trees, flitting around the air above our heads. I had assumed they were strange fireflies because they were many different colors of light. One of the lights, glowing a green color, flew in front of my face. I nearly swatted at it but stopped my hand mid air in shock. The little light was no firefly, but a tiny person who seemed to be studying me.

“Selwyn, are these…fairies?” I asked still watching the green fairy in front of me. It was a male fairy wearing leaves for clothing with long flowing green hair, or I thought its hair was green. That could have just been the light it was giving off. Selwyn stopped and turned to look back at me. He smiled and came back to gently take the fairy in his hand.

“Yes, they are fairies. They are curious about you. They have never seen a human either.” He said letting the fairy now sit in his hand, palm open. It was then that more fairies came around me, all different colors flying around and then settling on my shoulders, arms, and head. Then they all started chattering to each other, in small voices speaking their own language.
“What are they saying?” I asked standing absolutely still so as not to frighten them off. The green fairy stayed with Selwyn, now resting on his shoulder.

“Just gossip. They wonder where you came from.” He answered me turning again and starting to walk. “Where did you come from?” I started walking after him and many of the fairies scattered at the sudden movement, but one stayed on my shoulder. It was silver in color and just sat there staring at me.

“Georgia.” I said more distracted by the lone fairy on my shoulder. I looked ahead again however when a white glow slowly appeared and got brighter in front of us. We went around a bend and I could see marble gates beyond which were many tall and glowing towers. All of it was white.
“Georgia…I’ve never heard of it. Is it far away?” Selwyn asked glancing back. I could only nod open mouthed in awe of the White City. “Beautiful isn’t it?” he said and went to the gates saying something to the guards stationed there then motioning for me to follow him again.
Sign up to rate and review this story