Categories > Original > Drama > Death and Taxes

1

by roxnick 0 reviews

A girl awakens to find herself in a basement unknown to her, tied up, and bloody. The story follows her through an unlikely and chilling journey.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-05-23 - Updated: 2008-08-05 - 383 words

0Unrated
This story begins on August 19, 1997, at 5:06 p.m.
I opened my eyes slowly. It was like I had never opened them before. The feeling of being alive started coming back to me as I felt the heat running through my veins. My temples thobbed violently. I inhaled very deeply, as if I had ran out of breath. A dim orange light came in through what I made out to be a small window. I squinted.
I felt the ground around me, and it felt soft and lumpy, like a carpet. My fingers could hardly move, and at that point I registered that something odd was happening. The light burnt my eyes now and I could no longer see what little I had seen before. I made an attempt at moving my feet, but I felt extremely weak and all I managed to do was rub the hard skin against the floor. I could hear nothing but a far-away bird chippering and the sound of the breeze against the leaves from beyond the window. I parted my lips. The smacking they made seemed terribly loud. I tried sniffing the air, but my nose felt clogged up. I then slowly lifted my head. My feet were tied together. Not to anything, just together. They were dirty, with scarlet and brown smears on the tops and black dirt around the nails of each toe. I had a dress on, a white one, that looked just as filthy as my feet. It had been pulled up past my knees. I could feel my face's expression withering as my mind became aware of the problem I faced. I lifted my hands up to my face, an act that took tremendous effort. My right index nail was missing, I first noticed. I let out a sigh. I had blood and dirt under the rest of my nails, and splinters on the palms. Tears built up in my eyes as I attempted to look around what seemed to be an empty basement. The walls were brown from what I could make out, probably wooden. There were two single wooden polls running up and down the length of the room at the center. I threw my head back down. I took a deep, slow breath. I shouted as loud as possible.
Sign up to rate and review this story