Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch. 2: Practice, Practice, Practice

by fobXmcrXpatdX 0 reviews

As the group is practicing they get a surprise guest.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-24 - Updated: 2010-01-27 - 1034 words - Complete

0Unrated
Britt, Brandon, Keith, Shane, and I ran to the auditorium available to us, thanks to the orphanage, after dinner. We quickly set up our equipment and Britt went to sit in the front row. Britt wasn't in the band, though she came to every single one of our practices. Sometimes other kids in the orphanage came to watch us, but Britt was always there and she wasn't afraid of telling us what went wrong, where. I grabbed my guitar that I usually play during half of practice, then I'd get up and dance and have fun.
"So what song?" Keith asked to no one in particular. I looked at Britt.
"Well since your so brilliant at it on RockBand, mabye you'll be good at it here." She teased, "Play Dead on Arrival."
I laughed as Keith hit on the drums lightly to signal when to start the song. Then Shane, Branon, and I came in on our string instruments playing the quick intro.
"I know its not the last time, cause I never say no to you... this conversation's been Dead on Arrival..." I sang into the mike.
After about half an hour of playing other bands' songs and our own songs mixed in, I heard a couple of voices softly talking in the back. One was one of the supervisors at the orphanage, no big deal to us. The other person took my breath away, considering that I thought I'd never see this man in my life.
"Holy shit!" I whispered. I walked/ran to Brandon and Shane as they talked and I tugged on Brandon's sleeve and pointed to the back, "Its Pete Wentz!"
"Holy shit muffins!!" Brandon said barely able to keep it to a whisper.
"Shhhhh" Shane and me hushed him.
"I say we give him an encore." Keith whispered from his drum stool, with a mischevious smile, "You thinkin what I'm thinkin?"
"A Little Less 16 Candles." Shane, Bradon, and I whispered at the same time. It was the first song we'd learned to play together. We grinned, nodded and took our places for the song. As it began I saw Pete look over towards us, slightly surprised. I gave him a smile and waved. He smiled back.
"I confess I messed up, drop it I'm sorry, like your still around." I sang. Me and Brandon sang our lungs out and we jumped around the stage. I didn't play guitar on this song, so I was free to dance around. To this day, I think it was the best performance we ever did. Britt noticed this, wondering what was going on. Then she looked in the back and I saw her face light up as she fought the urge to scream.
After the song, we were laughing and giving each other high fives. Brandon even pulled me into a tight hug that gave my stomach butterflies. Pete walked up to us after the song and shook our hands.
"So you guys weren't bluffing when you came online and spammed about your band on FallOutBoyRock." he said.
I laughed, "Did we really comment about it that much?"
"I don't know," he smiled, "I haven't read all of the comments yet. But you guys are seriously really good. How old are you?"
"I'm sixteen," Brandon answered,"So is Shane. Keith is fifteen and Alicia is the baby of the group: she's fourteen."
I punched him in the stomach, "And yet I can still kick your ass."
Pete laughed, "Nice. Since I've seen you guys practice, I really want to see you guys live in front of a real audience. Aren't you guys playing at that one club Friday?"
"Yeah." Shane said, Brandon hadn't recovered from my punch."You should come."
"I'm going to." Pete replied, "If you guys do as well as you did tonight, you might win yourselves a contract to Decaydance." And with that he left.
Afterwards we all jumped up and down, squealing. Britt was too stunned to talk to Pete and just squeaked when he said hi to her, but she joined in our happiness once he left. After that, we all went to bed, it was around ten. Britt and I shared a room and the three guys shared another one. Once Britt and I got to the room, we changed into PJs and hopped into bed. Then came the gabbing session that came just about every night.
"So, do you like Brandon?" she asked curiously.
"We've had this conversation before, but yes, I do. A lot." I replied sincerly. I could tell Britt everything. We had known each other since we were five and knew enough about each other to destroy the other's life.
"Ooh, I bet he likes you too. I mean he hugged you after A Little Less 16 Candles." she grinned.
"I guess... I wouldn't know." I said with a shrug, blusing a little. And with that we went to bed. Or so I thought.
I lied there for a halfhour with my eyes closed but still awake and alert. I never slept too well. Too many nightmares to haunt me. Then I heard the door creak open and I saw a figure emerge from the dark hall, but I still didn't move. Britt did, though.
"Hey Brandon." she said with a yawn.
"Hey did you ask her?" he asked anxiously.
"Yeah, she likes you alright." Britt replied.
"Really?" he said brightly.
"Yeah. Quote on quote: 'Yes I do. A lot.'" she said, "You really should ask her out. Friday night would be perfect."
"Yeah. Now that I know that she likes me I don't have to worry about rejection." he said with a sigh of relief, "I'll see you guys tomorrow."
"Bye." Britt said, giving him a small hug. I felt his hand softly run through my hair and I heard the door creak again telling me he was gone.
This was surreal. Could I be dreaming? Brandon addmitting that he likes me, and having Pete Wentz almost give us a contract in one day? This was the best day of my life. But then again, Friday would be much, much better. All the band had to do was practice, practice, practice.
Sign up to rate and review this story