Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Best Friends....For Now.

Chapter One

by QuitLollygaggin 0 reviews

Frank's secret.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-05-30 - Updated: 2008-05-30 - 1380 words

0Unrated
Two Nights Ago


My body felt weak and I was coming down from a pretty good high. This was the worst part. I felt like at any moment I was going to crash. My body started to convulse and I broke out in a cold sweat. I prayed to stay up for just a few more moments. I slumped against the wall and looked at the mess I made. Piles of vomit were scattered around the pig sty apartment. Empty bottles of booze were shattered and leaking all over the place. A cracked mirror with white powdered imbedded in the cracks laid next to me along with a pipe half filled with crank. For some reason I knew my friend Gerard was an accomplice in this disaster.

What the hell have I done now?

“Good lord.” I said to myself. A low muffled noise came from underneath my coffee table. I pulled my weak body back up from the dirty floor and walked slowly over to the coffee table. I pushed back the table to reveal a strung out Gerard. I was going to kill him after I was sober and full of energy. Gerard opened his bloodshot eyes and gave me a goofy intoxicated smile. I bent down and slapped him across the face. He twitched and pulled his body into a sitting position. I sat in front of him and sighed.

“I can’t believe you got me into this.” I scolded. Gerard raised his index finger to his lips and shook his head.
“Don’t tell me to be quiet!” I yelled. Gerard placed his head in his hands. “You knew I have to stay away from this shit!” I reminded him. He lifted his head and looked me right in the eyes. He smiled that intoxicated smile once again. I glared at him fiercely.

“I’m sorry,” He yawned. “You shouldn’t always listen to me.” He laughed lightly. He was still somewhat strung out. But I knew soon enough he’d crash just like me. I rubbed what I assumed would be my bloodshot eyes and stood up. Gerard followed and stood in front of me.
“Don’t tell Emily.” I told him. He just nodded and started walking towards the kitchen. “Come help me clean up!” I yelled after him. He yelled something back but it was drowned out by him running water in the kitchen. I headed to the kitchen. My balance was off and the room spun around me. I stopped and braced myself on a wall before continuing. I finally regained my composure and walked into the kitchen. Gerard stood in front of the sink filling up a cup. The cup filled but Gerard didn’t move the cup away. He laughed to himself and continued to hold the cup under the running water. I walked up to the sink and turned off the water.

“Hey!” He protested. I shook my head and sat down at the kitchen table.
“I can’t believe you.” I said to him softly. He dropped the cup in the sink and sat down across from me. He tried looking me in the eyes and keeping a straight face. He couldn’t do either, his eyes diverted all around and his small lips kept curling up into a devilish grin. I slammed my hand down on the table in rage, causing him to jump a bit before laughing again.
“You know how mad Emily is going to be?” He laughed extending his body across the table.
“She’s going to kill me.”
“Not before you kill yourself from all those drugs.” He stated matter of factly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember the day Emily’s dad left for good. I just turned fifteen and she was going to be fifteen the following week. We were sitting on her porch. I held her small body in my arms as we watched her dad load the last of his things into his old beat up station wagon. She sobbed into my shirt and I rocked her back and forth telling her everything was going to be okay. We both knew it wasn’t going to be okay what so ever. But for now I wanted her to believe it was going to be.

Her dad slammed the trunk and looked back at me and Emily. He gave us both a sympathetic look. We all knew it would be best for him to leave; things would only get worse if he stayed. He wasn’t a bad person, not even for leaving his daughter with her drug addict mother. Emily’s dad has some mental problems. He’s schizophrenic and bipolar and there was no way he could get custody of Emily, even though she was probably way better off with him instead of her mom. I just wish he could stay for Emily’s sake. The three of us knew that somewhere in the house her mom was doing numerous lines of coke or shooting up some meth and sprawled out on some surface of the house.

Emily stood up and rushed to her dad. He embraced her in a gentle hug. I stood up and stood behind them. They parted and her father faced me.
“Take care of her.” He instructed me. I could only nod and force a fake smile. But he still trusted me that I would. Emily’s family was a second family to me and vice versa for her. Her parents treated me as if I was there own and knew I would never let her down.

Little did we all know eleven years later I would and not even have the guts to admit to it.

Emily’s dad got in the car after a few more heartfelt and tearful hugs and left. I pulled Emily into me and let her cry into my shirt again. I moved her back onto the porch. The air was cool and blew past us briskly.

“Don’t ever leave me.” She said sternly.
“Never.” I whispered into her ear and then kissed her wet cheek.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Five years after that.....

Emily and I were sitting on her couch arguing about who was better, Kurt Cobain or Bert McCracken. I was defending Bert and so far was winning the argument. Emily threw her arms up surrendering.
“I win.” I teased. She just laughed and laid her head on my shoulder. We sat in silence for awhile, then Emily spoke up.
“Remember the day my dad left?” She questioned. I just nodded and entwined my hand in hers. She never brought it up and I was shocked that she did just now.
“I miss him.” She whispered.
“I know.” I whispered back. She formed her body snuggly against mine and we sat still taking in the current topic until out thoughts were interrupted by a loud thud from upstairs. We both sat up and looked at each other.
“Your mom.” I said. Emily shot up from the couch and darted up the stairs. I stood up and tried to keep up with her. I reached the top of the stairs when I heard Emily scream. I followed the scream which led me to the bathroom. I looked down. Emily was holding her mom’s limp body in her arms and sobbing heavily. I stood in the doorway stunned. An empty syringe was lying in the sink.
“I think she’s dead.” Emily said calmly. I nodded slowly and pulled out my cell phone and dialed 911.

I sat on the floor next to Emily and her almost dead mom and waited for the ambulance. Emily’s face lost all color and she was shaking. I tried calming her down and giving her some water but she wasn’t having it. I finally heard the sirens approach and then the stamping of feet up the stairs. I stood up pulling Emily with me as they poked and prodded at her mom.

“We’re too late.” I heard one whisper to the other. Emily heard it too and she lost it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Frank!” Gerard’s voice pulled me from my deep thought. “Are you okay?” I nodded and stood up.
“Help me clean up.” I said to him and left the kitchen.
Sign up to rate and review this story