Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Baby Sitting

The Nightmare Begins

by Felinity 0 reviews

Kakashi gives sasuke a little something to keep him company

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Itachi,Sasuke - Published: 2008-06-01 - Updated: 2008-06-01 - 1162 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I own none of the naruto characters or anything from naruto. I just like putting them in funny situations. :D

Baby sitting

The Nightmare Begins


Sasuke Uchiha was not someone you would call a baby lover. Whenever the topic was mentioned, images of chubby, drooling babies came to mind. Crying for attention at all hours, just to add itself to the long list of things making his life a living hell.

He always thought of them as small attention seeking lumps that should be taken somewhere far away until they grew up a bit. Along with learning how to control when they wanted to test the sensitivity of their carers nose’s.

So when his sensei had turned up at the door of his one bed roomed apartment and dumped the chubby, drooling lump into the usually stotic boys arms - without warning - his reaction was understandable.

“What the hell are you doing!?” He half shouted “…..And if you say anything along the lines of ‘you’re looking after it’, I will personally see to it that you will end up on first name basis with the medics at konoha hospital” The raven said through gritted teeth, while holding the pale lump as far away from its new found goal of pulling his hair as his arms would let him.

“I’m already on first name basis with all of the medics I need” the grey haired nin replied with a wink of his only visible eye. “Oh and you’re looking after him” the jonin stated with a smile visible even through his mask. Quickly adding “Careful of the baby” as he saw the younger ninja ready himself to pounce like a panther. With claws.

Sasuke glared at kakashi before wincing and voicing his pain as the baby squealed in victory. Giddily waving a few strands of black hair around in the air. The older man only laughed as Sasuke rubbed his soar head, balancing the infant on his hip. ‘No way am I babysitting!’ he screamed in his head ‘2 minutes in and I already want to give it back with a never return note attached’.

The genin was suddenly ripped from his thoughts as his sensei did the worst thing he could have done at the time.

He started to walk away.

Sasuke’s eyes widened in horror as he watched his sensei head for the stairs out of the apartment building.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!” he screamed down the corridor while chasing after him, baby still in his arms. No way was kakashi leaving him with this thing for god knows how long. He wanted some answers before the jonin disappeared. Like why can’t Sakura or Naruto look after it. Everyone knows the pink haired girl likes babies. Especially Sasuke. It was the only thing she talked about around Sasuke for the first few weeks in Team 7.

He remembers all the times he would walk on the other side of Naruto just to get her away from his personal space. It never worked very well.

She would just pull Naruto away and take her place by his side again, and again he would go to the dobes’ other side. It would go on for the whole trip sometimes, with an oblivious Naruto in the middle. She only started to lay off him a bit when Kakashi pulled her aside for a small chat on one of our more stressful missions, noticing Sasuke was more unstable than usual. Going as far as to reach for a kuni knife as Sakura went to sit next to him on the bench.

Damn Kakashi only noticing something’s wrong at braking point. He was not going to let that happen this time. “Why can’t Sakura or Naruto mind it?” he asked the jonin once he caught up with him, grabbing his arm to stop him walking any further. The baby still on his hip, giggling like he was on a ride at a fair with all the quick movements Sasuke was making.

“I’ve already asked them and he’s not an ‘It’” replied the older man while searching around his pockets for something. ‘Probably his porn book’ Sasuke thought with detest. The word ‘Bingo’ came to mind as kakashi pull out his much loved orange pocket book, with the over 18 warning sign printed at the back. Sasuke sighed and waited for his sensei to explain why he was the one holding the pale lump instead of his annoying team mates.

Nothing.

Sasuke sighed again and looked with disgust at said pale lump, which was currently biting on the navy material covering his shoulder with baby teeth, soaking the fabric with saliva. He looked back over to his sensei and grabbed his arm again as he tried turning back to the direction of the stairs.

“And…….. they said?” he coxed. Really, did he have to be this blunt to a grown man he thought.

But, I guess this is kakashi. Man of the-fewest-words-he-is-made-to-say. It’s like trying to get Naruto to read a book. One sentence at a time.

“They didn’t say anything”

And once again the hall went silent with the exception of the baby’s gurgling, still on his shoulder.

Sasuke decided kakashi was worse than Naruto. The young ninja slowly counted to ten in his head and closed his eyes for a minute while he breathed deeply. In and out. In and out. He opened his eyes and asked as calmly as he could “And why didn’t they say anything?”

The jonin looked up from his book and said “They’re out of town on a training mission with Iruka. To learn a few skills at a higher level that you seam to have surpassed. So they can keep up with you on missions and maybe you could try training together when they get back.”

At that Sasuke fumed. He had worked so hard to get to his level of skill. To make sure he was the best and so he wouldn’t be beaten. He frowned. And now he was paying for it. He looked over to his shoulder to see the infant looking back at him. Why did they have to leave at a time when he needed them most? He can’t look after a baby. But it looks like he doesn’t have a choice.

God forbid kakashi actually looking after it himself. Sasuke would feel more sorry for the child than anyone else and the older man wouldn’t even try making someone else do it. He’d rather dump it on the street than taking the time to look for some other unprepared victim to give it to.

Again the youngest Uchiha sighed. “Fine…. But…errmmm.” he hesitated. Kakashi raised an eyebrow at the unusual hesitation. Sasuke looked up at his sensei, nervously biting his bottom lip.

“How do you look after a baby?” he asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story