Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Baby Sitting

The Twitch

by Felinity 0 reviews

Sasuke finds out how annoying a baby really can be.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Itachi,Sasuke - Published: 2008-06-01 - Updated: 2008-06-01 - 833 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I own none of the naruto characters or anything from naruto. I just like putting them in funny situations. :D

Baby sitting

The Twitch


Sasuke Uchiha has developed a twitch. A twitch! This is very bad for his image. And it’s all the damn baby’s fault.

He threw a glare at said baby from where he was sitting on his couch. But mini-Itachi just continued to be amazed by the cartoon currently on the TV set, making sounds of awe or giggling every now and again to show his approval. Yes, he had dubbed the current mini bane of his life, mini-Itachi.

Itachi. The real bane of his life and the cause of everything that has ever gone wrong. The reason he is stuck with this terrible little torment in the first place. The reason he’s living on is own and the reason he seethes every time he sees families together having fun, when he sees brothers spending time together. He shakes his head, ridding his mind of the thoughts about his murderer of a brother.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, his twitch.

It all started after he had talked to kakashi about taking care of babies. The jonin was no help at all or if he was, didn’t show it. He had begun to talk about milk and bottles but unfortunately had been reading his book at the same time. So he promptly stopped talking as soon as he came to the juicy part of his chapter.

Sasuke had wanted to smash his head into the wall for that because, he also promptly left.

As in disappeared.

As in left him alone with a baby, after muttering a quick. “I’ll get one of the girls to come round”.

And then Poof.

Gone.

The raven haired boy had stared at the spot for a minute before gritting his teeth and stomping back to his apartment and slamming the door. Which lead to the crying.

Apparently mini-itachi doesn’t like sudden, loud noises. Nobody told him that, bit its okay, because he defiantly got the message. Bit late though. But that’s when it started.

The twitch.

A baby crying has to be the most grating sound he had ever heard.

So, here he was, 2 hours and approximately 23 minutes later, sprawled on his couch with a soar nose and smiling, while looking up at the ceiling. Thanking god for accidents that go right.

The only reason mini-itachi was currently in a quite and calm state is because sasuke happened to trip over him and land on the so decently place remote. The TV had come on and the 2 hours worth of crying stopped. It was a miracle. He had been running around for hours humming, rocking him like he’d seen some mothers do in the street. He’d even considered drugging him more than once just so he’d shut up. But the TV rescued him, even though his ears were still ringing.

And low and behold, still no one to explain this babysitting thing to him like kakashi had promised. Ah, well he’ll just have to find someone himself. After a nap though. Those 2 hours were exhausting.

He looked down to the baby curled up, head resting on his legs and noticed he had beat him to ‘The Land of Nod’. The corners of his lips turned up in a small expression that hadn’t graced his face in a long time at the cute picture the infant made curled up asleep. A smile. He then let his head fall back on to the arm rest of the couch and his eye lids dropped as he followed the now quiet baby to the land of a peaceful and exhausted sleep.

Sasuke was rudely woken from his restful sleep by a horrible grating sound piercing his ears to the point of bleeding. He jerked up to a sitting position on the couch holding his ears, to try to block out the sound; looking around to see where it was coming from.

His eyes landed on the little devil that had looked so peaceful before, now screeching as loud as his could. Crying out for attention from anyone who could hear him; not caring if someone happened to be having a nice nap.

He couldn’t take it anymore. The young ninja immediately scooped the crying lump into his arms and started rocking and making shushing noises.

His eyes wandered over to the clock as the infants’ wake up tantrum calmed to loud sobs and he almost dropped the mini devil. ‘20 minutes… 20 bloody minutes! That’s all the sleep I get’ his mind protested.

The sobs turned back to cries as he had unconsciously stopped rocking the child in his shock.

Sasuke’s shoulders sagged as he trudged into the kitchen; raiding his cupboards for anything suitable for little people.

His right eye twitched slightly in irritation. This is going to be a long day.
Sign up to rate and review this story