Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Continuous Motion

The Ride

by UmbrellaPANSY 1 review

Scary drive.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-01 - Updated: 2008-06-01 - 1065 words

0Unrated
4

Unexpectedly Julian and I were getting along , he decided to let me stay as long as I needed to. Since morning we had been sitting in his art studio laughing and reminiscing. As everyone knows in life all good things come to an end. My cell phone came to life, buzzing across the easel in front of me. I looked at Julian for approval, he rolled his eyes. "Go ahead." With the charcoal in one hand and my phone in the other I answered it. "Hello?" There was snickering and some static coming from the other end. I shook my head, "I'm not too fond of prank callers!" Julian raised an eyebrow at me while reaching out for the phone. He held it our in front of his mouth, "Prank calls are so fifth grade!" Then he hastily put it up to his ear expecting an answer, I knew someone had answered. His expression went from repulsed to amusement back to repulsed. Without saying a word he pushed the phone at me and left the room. "Uh, hello?"
"This would be Jagger, correct?"
I put my charcoal back down on the easel, I hoped it wasn't someone from home. The last thing I wanted was to be searched for; the last thing.
"This is Jagger, who is this?"
He laughed. "Its Gerard."
I tensed up. "How did you get my number?'
"I looked it up on your phone and isn't the more important question "Why are you calling?" I got up from my stool and started to pace around the studio stepping on a tube of paint in the process.
"Why are you calling? There."
"I would like to have your company for today." He said it like he was challenging me to meet up with him. With interest I responded.
" I thought you advised me to "stay away"? You must think you're pretty dangerous to warn me like that. You don't look very dangerous."
He laughed, it echoed through the phone. "Jagger, one thing I am is dangerous, but that shouldn’t matter. I'm waiting outside."
"What! This isn't even my house, and how did you get my address?"
"Don't worry about it, come on out."
I really didn't want to say yes, but Jagger Thomas does not turn down a challenge.

Julian was skeptical. He tried to stop me but I explained to him once again he shouldn't be jealous or care what I do. Before closing the door behind me I gave him one last look of assurance. There was something there hidden in his expression, worry maybe. Like he knew something that worried him…

There was a black sports car parked next to my old VW, I assumed it was Gerard's. When the window rolled down my thought was confirmed, politely he got out of the car and walked me to the other side. Before I could even buckle my seatbelt he was in the drivers seat revving the engine.
He smiled at me, "You're going to need that, I'm sort of a reckless driver."
"That's reassuring." He winked at me and swiftly put the car into reverse, he was going 65 in the neighborhood but somehow he was careful.
There was music blasting through the stereo but I turned it off. Gerard looked over at me confused. "I want to talk to you, without the noise."
"Give it to me." I laughed at his expression. "You know nothing about me, you don't know where I came from and you want my company?"
He shifted gears making me slide in my seat. "I know your name is Jagger Marley Thomas and from what I've heard you're pretty amazing."
I didn't have the slightest clue who would have told him anything about me and none of my friends would know him nevertheless his band.
"Elaborate for me."
"Julian."
"Stop the car!" I screamed at him.

The car had stopped and we were now parked in a lot of a park. I looked at him questioningly but chose to ignore his expert driving. He leaned back in his seat casually, I moved close to the passenger window.
"How do you know Julian?"
"I've known him for years, we went to the same schools. It shouldn't be a surprise to you, you went to school with me too."
I vaguely remembered my school days from Jersey, in fact I vaguely remember anything from Jersey. I shook my head. "I don't remember."
"Well, it was long ago."
"What did he say about me?"
"So many questions! He said all the sweet things a lover would say, you're like an angel in his eyes. He use to talk about you non-stop…that was before he said we could no longer be friends.
"Like an angel, huh? He surely doesn't think highly of me now, which he has reason to. But why doesn't he speak to you anymore?"
He sat up and moved his face close to mine, there was a menacing smile on his face. "Lets just say I'm not the best candidate for a friend."
I wanted to ask badly what he meant by that but I left it at that, I could save that for another time. I had one more question; afraid of the answer.

"Why are you so interested in me? I'm not anything special."

I froze in my seat; his artic lips were now against mine and I didn't have the want to pull away. Finally he parted from me, he closed his eyes while inhaling intensely. "Sorry, I had to see what it felt like."
I could barely speak. "It's okay."
Like nothing happened he gained his composure and was now his collected self. "The more Julian described you the more intrigued I became. It was like he was describing a character from a story, slowly I was falling in love with what you were. Well, what he told me you were anyway; odd. I don't want you to think this is something I regularly do, it isn't. I never invite myself into relationships; you are an exception."
" I wish I could say something astounding in response about you. But one thing I can honestly say to that is, it scares me."
He pulled out a cigarette then opened the car door, before he got out he grasped my hand gently. "You should be scared."

Thanks for reading.
Review again.
: )
Sign up to rate and review this story