Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Continuous Motion

Paper Cup and J

by UmbrellaPANSY 1 review

Julian.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-05-31 - Updated: 2008-06-01 - 1155 words

0Unrated
2

Days were passing by so slowly and the lack of sleep was getting to me. I almost gave up and turned back around but I was right outside the city limits of Newark. I parked in the front of a small coffee shop hoping they served Chai Tea; something to calm me. I pulled a five out of my wallet, tucked my wallet under my seat and walked in.

The place was very small and there was dusty scent in the air.. It was a little dingy for my taste but it grew on me. The girl at the counter was very friendly. I grabbed my Chai and sat at a back table. I could feel someone's eyes on me, I tried to ignore the feeling. I was almost finished when the stranger cleared his throat loudly.

Swiftly I turned around to face them. It was a guy who looked about my age, he smiled at me. I smiled but then my expression dropped, he hadn't realized that he knocked over his coffee. I tried to make gestures but still he goofily gawked at me.

"Your coffee is spilling." He jumped from the table, in the process he hit the table making the situation even worse. There was coffee cascading over the table like a waterfall. I grabbed a hand full of napkins and started to dab the table with them.

The whole time he just stood there watching me and repeatedly apologizing. I quickly threw the soaked napkins away and retuned to the table with more napkins. "I'm so sorry."
I put my hand up. "You didn't do anything to me, no need to keep saying that. I don't mind cleaning up the table."

When the table was spotless I grabbed a to go cup and headed for the exit. I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was him again. "Yes?"
He stuck out his hand. "I'm Frank." I didn't notice the silver ring in his nose until he was up close. "I'm Jagger."
"That's a different…uh name." I laughed. "I know its weird. I'm named after Mick Jagger, but I've got to go. It was nice to meet you Frank."


When I removed the lid form my cup there was a napkin with something written on it. I rolled my eyes; It was the guys number and below it he wrote "If we meet again.". I was sure we wouldn’t meet again and finding a replacement boyfriend or rebound wasn't on the agenda. I shoved it in my pocket and backed out of the parking lot; on the road again.

It didn't take me as long as expected which I was not happy about. Newark holds too many memories, the kind you wish you could relive. But I can't.
It took me awhile to remember the route to his house, but once I hit the dead end sign I knew I was there. Not making an effort to get there I slowly drove down the vacant street. I parked next his car; still driving the old mustang.

Checked my face in the rearview mirror, I wasn't satisfied but it shouldn't matter anyway. I pressed the doorbell but I ended up pressing it more than once; my hands wouldn't stop shaking. I heard footsteps, the turn of the lock, the rattling of the knob then the door swung open.

There he stood, his lengthy auburn hair disheveled and halfway hidden under a Rasta beanie. A Smashing Pumpkins shirt hung over his thin torso and the bottom of his jeans rolled above his Vans. Just as I remembered him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked bitterly, but who could blame him? I closed my eyelids tightly wishing I could hide from his view. When I finally opened my eyes I started to silently cry. It was like some kind of mechanism. He exhaled loudly. "Stop crying. Come in, but you can not stay here tonight." I muttered out an, "Okay."

The house was also the same, paint covered floor and the walls a burnt orange. Wall to wall were his artworks and surprisingly one of mine.
I sat down on his oversized couch while he stood in front of me rubbing his temples franticly. "I can't believe you just showed up like this."
"Julian, you are the only one I can talk to. You are my outside source, I didn't come here to cause trouble." He sat down on the further end of the couch. "Why are you here though?" He looked at me like I was some kind of tumor growing from his couch. "I left Missouri. For good and I didn't tell anyone about it. I packed my bags and drove here."
Now he just look plain shocked. " Jagger Thomas actually thought for herself? Wow. I really am impressed."
I smiled a little. "I surprised myself."
" I'm glad to see you but I still haven't forgotten what you did to me. We can't pretend it didn't happen and automatically be close again."
I laid my head back on the couch and exhaled. "I'm sorry. I've tried to justify why I did that to you, but I can't. I was a different person then, I won't act that way again. I promise."

Julian and I talked for some hours and luckily he allowed me to stay. After I unpacked my things into a spare room I laid in the king sized bed,. Thinking thoughts; I smiled when I saw that the ceiling was still covered in the glow stars I had put up there. I remember I had to beg him to let me do it.

What I had done to Julian was tucked securely away in my head. But now the thought was released and allowed to freely toy with my emotions.
The day that happened was my one chance to stop my motions. Julian was for lack of a better word my best friend from Newark; my old life. It was graduation night and neither of us had anything better to do then spend it together. We were just innocently watching a movie; I kissed him. That one kiss led to more than I expected. Julian confessed he loved me and he wanted me to go back to Newark with him. I promised him I would; he told me to meet him at the airport a week from that day. I didn't show up.

It actuality it might not seem like a big situation, but doing that to someone who's watched over you and had been in love with you the day he set eyes on you was something hard to forget. I know now if I would have gone with him we would have married by now; happily married. I could have had a better life. But I chose to keep moving.

Thanks for reading!
Sheould I keep going?
Tell me and review.
Say what you feel.
: )
Sign up to rate and review this story