Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > When The Day Met The Night

When The Day Met The Night

by LovesTrueNightmare 0 reviews

Desiree and Aubrey have been best friends for as long as they can remember. But when Aubrey breaks up with her boyfriend Brendon, Desiree falls in love with him. What will happen to their friendshi...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-06-03 - Updated: 2008-06-03 - 373 words

0Unrated
Desiree's Point Of View

I curled up in my chair and stared blankly into the fireplace.
I didn't get why Aubrey wouldn't introduce me to her boyfriend of six months.
All I knew is that his name was Brendon and he was in some sort of band.
We had always told each other everything, ever since we were eight years old.

Flashback

"Desiree!" Aubrey yelled to me as she ran toward me, tears streaming down her dirt-stained face.
"Aubrey, what happened?" She ran up to me and buried her face in my shoulder.
"I heard my mom say that everything would be better if I had never been born," came the muffled reply.
I tightened my grip on her and said "Do you want to stay with me for a little while?" She pulled back and nodded, wiping her eyes.

End Flashback

She stayed with me for eight years.
Then, one year ago, she got her own place, and I got mine.
Suddenly my ringtone startled me out of my daze.

Hustlers grab your guns
Your shadow weighs a ton
Driving down the 101
California, here we come


I looked at the caller ID. It was Aubrey.
"Hey Aubrey, what's up? Aren't you on a date with Brendon or whatever?"
I heard Aubrey sniff quietly. "Desiree, I ended it."
I sat up straight in my chair. "What? Why?"
Aubrey sighed, then said, "I don't know. It just didn't feel right. But he looked so sad when I broke up with him."
"Oh, Aubrey, I'm so sorry. Want to stay the night here?" I asked, silently hoping she would say no.
"I wish I could, but I have to get home and finish working on that novel so I can send it to the publishers tomorrow."

Thank god.

"Oh, well it's alright. I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"
Aubrey sniffed one more time. "Yeah, that sounds alright. Oh, Desiree, one more thing."
"What?" I snapped, really wanting to go to bed.
"I kinda gave Brendon your number..."
My eyes became wide. "What?! You gave my number to a man I don't even know?!"
Aubrey chuckled. "Well, you do know him. He's Brendon Urie, the lead singer of Panic At The Disco.

I thought my heart stopped.
Sign up to rate and review this story