Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VII

Chapter 13: Master Magic Part I

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-06-05 - Updated: 2008-06-05 - 5128 words

0TrainWreck
Chapter Thirteen: Master Magic Part One

A pair of armed goons walked towards a warehouse, one of them wielding a crowbar, prying open the side entrance. The figure of Luther Malfoy walked forward, staring at them, while looking rather anxious, as he periodically looked over his shoulder.

“Hurry up, the Turtles stopped us the last few attempts, we need to pull of this job successfully,” ordered Malfoy and the thug managed to pry the door open, before they slipped inside. Quickly they moved forward, with the two goons moving forward, as Luther leaned on his stylish walking stick. Quickly, the thugs lugged a crate forward.

“Man this thing is heavy boss,” grunted one of the thugs.

“It’s supposed to be, a sonic device that will level the entire city of New York would not be light, but never mind that, let’s move it to the truck before we get stopped,” ordered Luther Malfoy but a shuriken impacted the ground right in front of him and saw the Black Phantom standing high above on the catwalk, staring down at them.

“Malfoy, the only place you’re going is back to prison,” said Hailey as she stared down at Malfoy before leaping down but Malfoy just motioned to his henchmen, who pointed their laser blasters.

Hailey dodged the laser blast attack, moving out of the way, as the goons continued to fight at her. Quickly, she removed her wand from her sleeve, sneaking around from the backstage. The two goons turned towards Hailey but Hailey summoned the laser blasters from the goons. The goons fell forward and landed the ground, before Hailey rushed forward and gracefully leapt into the air. A kick to the head knocked one of the henchmen down. The other henchmen attempted to nail Hailey with the crowbar but Hailey dodged and removed a crossbow and armed it. A carefully shot arrow disarmed the crowbar. The goon rushed forward but Hailey flipped him over onto his back, before she blasted her opponent into the wall. Turning slowly, Hailey advanced on Malfoy, wand drawn but the fact that she could do magic enraged the squib.

“That’s it, I’m a member of a well respected family, I’m going to get magical powers one way or another!” shouted Luther Malfoy, as he attempted to push the crate open but Hailey sprung up and knocked Malfoy backwards into a wall. Malfoy pulled himself to his feet, his stylish cane in his hand, before he jabbed it forward, shooting a high impact laser out. Hailey dodged out of the way before Luther blasted through the wall and quickly rushed out, as Hailey found that the warehouse was caving on them. Quickly, she magically pulled the two knocked out goons out of harm’s way, as the factory caved in, destroying the sonic device as everything fell down around them.

Hailey looked around, Malfoy had given her the slip, but at the very least, Hailey managed to stop Malfoy from getting his hands on whatever was in that crate and put another two of his Squib Inquistion goons out of circulation. Around a light post, Hailey used her wand to tie them off, as she heard the sirens indicating the arrival of the police. Quickly, she slipped into the night, leaving the two goons gift wrapped for the police.

Back at his hideout, Luther Malfoy arrived, in a towering temper, kicking a chair over. No matter what he attempted to steal, to force the American Wizarding Government to their knees, so he could force them to give him a way to perform magic as someone of his linage should, either the Turtles, Potter, or that Black Phantom was there to stop him every step of the way. He pointed his cane and blasted a vase, shattering it into hundreds of tiny pieces, as the few remaining Squib Inquisition members who had not been rounded up looked at their boss.

“Calm down boss, before you blow the entire joint up,” said one of the squibs but Luther just rounded upon him.

“Do not tell me to be calm, you twit, I just lost a sonic device that would have forced their hands to find a way to grant squibs magic!” snapped Luther Malfoy. “If Morgan and all the others didn’t comply, the entire city would have been leveled by the sonic vibrations emitted, and no one wizard, witch, mutant, or otherwise, could have stopped me. Yet, once again, someone, in this case the Black Phantom, foiled my plans. If I could do magic, they would all be crushed under my foot.”

“Perhaps I can be of help Boss Malfoy,” said a bald headed man with a monocle and a sleazy demeanor. “After all I upgraded your stylish walking stick into a weapon that managed you to escape your enemies on several occasions.”

“Yes you did Sopho, but exactly how could you help me gain magical powers?” asked Luther. “You have not been holding out on me, that you’ve found a way to do so in squibs.”

“As you know, I too was born a squib, but I’ve devoted my entire life to finding a way to be able to one day to perform magic,” commented Sopho. “After years of extensive research I have found a way to do so but I must warn you, it has not been tested as of yet and we don’t know any side effects.”

“Listen to me Sopho, I need this, I’m not getting any younger, the prime years of my life have been wasted, it is my birthright as a Malfoy to be able to wield magic,’ said Luther in a desperate voice. “Whatever you need for this experiment, whether it’d be funding or materials, just give me the word and it’s yours.”

“I require nothing much from you, Boss Malfoy,” commented Sopho with a smirk. “I’ve already built the transference machine, but two things are required. A high level power source to implement the process and a magical blood relative for you, but other than that, everything is in order.”

“The only blood relatives are my pampered older brother Lucius and his disgraced son Draco, who was on the run after a failure from Lord Voldemort the last I heard,” said Luther. “As for the power source, I’m certain you have something in mind to fire up your little toy.”

“Absolutely, I did not just bring this up spur of the moment, a rare, radioactive isotope has been discovered recently and is currently being researched right here in the city,” said Sopho. “It is more than enough power to implement the transference process, but I must warn you, it’s rather dangerous to handle. If it gets mishandled or dropped, it would vaporize the entire city.”

“Boss it might be better off if you use this thing to hold the city hostage,” suggested one of the goons, but Luther smacked him on the arm with the walking stick, causing him to recoil in pain.

“No, if this works, more of you will be able to gain magical powers and rule this city,” said Malfoy as he turned to Sopho. “Now the only problem is suckering either Lucius or Draco here so we can steal their magic.”

“It just so happens that I have something created that will be able to track down either of your blood relatives,” remarked Sopho in a pleased voice, as he removed a tracking device before he handed it over to Luther. “Just add one of your hairs, and it will track any of your blood relatives, locking onto the closest one.”

Luther smirked, before he pulled one of his hairs and pried open the top of the tracker, before dropping the hair inside. The tracker began to blink up and Sopho looked at it, with a bit of a curious look etched on his face.

“According to the tracker, at least one of them are in the city,” explained Sopho and Luther turned to his fellow Squib Inquistion members with a twisted smirk, tonight we be a good night.

“Half of you go with Sopho to retrieve the isotope, the other half of you come with me, we will collect our other half of the experiment,” commented Luther Malfoy in a triumphant voice, as if all went according to plan, Luther would be a squib no longer, he would be a full fledged wizard and have true power that can crush his enemies.

Back at the Potter residence, Hailey winced as she nursed a small cut on her arm that she had suffered during her battle with the Squib Inquisition. Ginny walked over to her and waved her wand, healing Hailey’s cut.

“Thanks Ginny,” replied Hailey gratefully but Ginny just surveyed her. “Yes, I know it’s dangerous, but I stopped Malfoy from running off with something that might have put the entire city in peril.”

“I still think you were rather lucky not to get seriously injured, beyond a few cuts and scrapes,” said Ginny. “This Black Phantom thing of yours, well don’t you think it’s time to give it up?”

“No,” answered Hailey firmly. “At first I created it, but it allows me to be something that allows me to be something other than the baby sister of Harry Potter. I also don’t want anyone to figure out who I am, as they’ll come after my family and my friends. Harry in particular has enough, without my stupidly, but he can’t handle it all, so this is my way to help him, with Harry knowing.”

“I still think you should tell Harry when he comes back,” commented Ginny but Hailey just shook her head. “You ran into Luther Malfoy again, he’s been getting desperate lately, all of the heists he’s pulled.”

“No kidding, I’m not the only one whose ran into him recently,” said Hailey. “Judging by what he’s said, the fact that he’s a squib is causing him to get bitterer by the day. Whatever he tried to steal, it’s something that he thinks will force the American Wizarding Government into finding a way to allow him to use magic.”

“There’s no way, other than for the Y’Liantian power crystals, that a witch or a wizard can gain magical power though,” argued Ginny. “And other then the few fragments you have, the only person who has a large enough piece that might be of any help would be Voldemort and I doubt that even Luther Malfoy would be desperate try anything against him.”

“No, in fact, I’m not sure how much Malfoy remembers about those particular power crystals, given the fact that Harry had his memory modified,” remarked Hailey thoughtfully. “He can’t have many more plans, at the rate he’s losing members of his gang. I bet the next attempt will be a last ditch, desperation effort.”

“Well he could be at his most dangerous then, obviously,” said Ginny in a worried voice. “I just hope you know what you’re doing, if Harry was here, he might be able to find a way to figure out what Malfoy’s there.”

“I wish Harry was here too but he’s not, I could ask the others for help, no doubt they have other important things on their mind, plus it gives me something to do, to keep my mind off of certain things,” commented Hailey as she walked out.

“If you need any help, Hailey, you know where to find me,” said Ginny, but Hailey just nodded calmly, as she walked off and Ginny frowned, knowing full well that her friend had a need to prove herself. It was not as obsessive as Harry’s desire to prove himself was, but it still was rather disturbing. Ginny frowned, she could only offer her support and hope that Hailey would accept it if she got in a rather sticky situation.

On the streets, Luther Malfoy and four of his squib inquisition members moved forward, the signal on the tracker getting stronger as they moved forward. They approached a group of homeless people, who was attempting to keep warm around a barrel with a flame inside.

“Hey buddy, spare change?” commented one of the homeless men in a slurred voice but one of the squibs knocked him backwards, as the tracking device began to beep loudly as he approached.

“One of you gentlemen are either Lucius or Draco Malfoy,” declared Luther in a take charge voice, as they aimed the laser blasters, as the tracker began to beep. “Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. So you are to come with me”

“Malfoy, what are you talking about?” asked one of the homeless men in an obviously fake tone of voice, as he took a step back but Luther pointed the tracker towards the bum and it began to light up before the words “MATCH” appeared on it.

“Get him,” ordered Luther as he pointed his men towards the homeless man, who removed a wand. “Take his wand as well.”

The Squib Inquisition members rushed forward, but a loud bang knocked one of the men on the back. One of the gang members blasted a laser towards disguised homeless man, who just barely deflected the laser fire backwards. Luther grabbed the homeless man from behind by the arm.

“Let me go filth!” drawled the very distinctive voice of one Draco Malfoy, as he struggled against the grip of his squib uncle, but a kick came from out of mid air, knocking Luther to the ground. Draco quickly ran off as the Black Phantom stood to face off against Luther Malfoy.

“That’s it, you have interfered in my plans for the last time, Black Phantom!” yelled Luther in a crazed voice before nodding towards his Squib Inquisition members. “Liquidate her!”

The members of the gang pointed the laser blasters towards Hailey, as Luther ran off right after Draco. Hailey dodged the attacks, and managed to disarm at least of two of the gang members, but a third gang member viciously impacted the barrel. Flames shot up into the air, as the homeless men scattered, as Hailey shot a large jet of water at it, dousing the flames but the Squib Inquisition had hastily retreated, leaving Hailey in confusion, wondering why they would attempt to abduct homeless people.

At that minute, Hailey’s mirror began to heat up in her pocket. Quickly, she pulled her mask down and removed the mirror from pocket, before the anxious face of Ginny stared back at her.

“What’s up Ginny?” prompted Hailey.

“I was just listening to the Muggle news, when a special bulletin came on, saying that a group of men broke into a research laboratory and stole something that was very important, hang on, something that was described as being described as a rare and quite powerful radioactive isotope,” explained Ginny and Hailey’s expression became absolutely grim.

“I don’t know hardly anything about physics, but something like that might be able to put the city and perhaps the entire world in a dangerous peril,” commented Hailey in a mortified voice and Ginny nodded to confirm her fears.

“The people on their said that it was urgent that it would be returned immediately, straight away, and it has enough power to put many in serious danger,” said Ginny. “You know, this has Luther Malfoy written all over it.”

“Indeed, I thought his little plot to attack homeless people was a bit odd, but now I can see it, it was a diversion to keep the attention away from the real target, that radioactive isotope,” summarized Hailey. “I suspect he’s going to give his ransom demands to the American Wizarding Government at any minute, so put it over onto their frequency and let me know if you hear anything.”

“And what will you do?” demanded Ginny, as she narrowed her eyes.

“See where Luther’s keeping the thing, don’t worry, I’ll be careful,” replied Hailey. “If I need any help, I’ll call immediately.”

“See that you do so, your mother will kill me if anything happens to you and so will Harry for that matter when he comes home,” said Ginny and Hailey nodded, before Ginny’s face disappeared from the mirror and Hailey set off, knowing that the chances of running into Luther Malfoy for the third time in an evening was rather slim, but she had to try.

Back at the hide out, Sopho oversaw the installation of the radioactive isotope into his transference machine, a grin on his face. The truth was, his experiment had been turned down by several magical governments over the years, so he had to use less than ethical means. The risks were strong but the benefits were also strong should it succeed. He played on Luther Malfoy’s bitterness and his desperation to be a wizard. True, there’s a chance that the experiment could be an success but Sopho knew all too well that experiments were never a success the first time around. In fact, a failure would teach Sopho more about the process and allow him to fine tune it, for future attempts. And then when it was perfected, he would be able to become an extremely powerful wizard in his own right. If Luther Malfoy was destroyed, well, that was the risk he took when he signed up for the experiment, as Sopho did warn him that it was not fine tuned.

On the streets of New York City, Draco Malfoy stood at the end of a filthy alley way, his nose wrinkled in absolute disgust at his surroundings. He had ran from the wrath of the Dark Lord and his followers, Potter and his friends, the Ministry of Magic, the Order of the Phoenix, and most likely a few other sides that Draco had long forgotten about. The truth was that he could not go back to Britain, now especially and posing as a homeless Muggle in New York City seemed to be the best way to blend in, as due to a rather significant amount of homeless people, Draco was able to be a face in the crowd. He used magic, but only to obtain what was necessary for survival. It was a distinct departure from the life he had enjoyed for seventeen years, but the alternative was execution.

Yet, Draco wondered exactly how could have those weird individuals found him. He thought his disguise was foolproof, there was no way even Lord Voldemort would have been able to determine exactly who he was but yet, he was found. It was almost like they had a method to track him, but Draco made sure that there was no tracking charms on him, before he donned his disguise. A tedious process, but absolutely necessary to save his own skin and his life. It was a disgrace that Draco Malfoy, the heir of one of the most prestigious magical lines in all of Great Britain, had to live out the rest of his life posing as both without a home and a Muggle. In his mind, he was less than the Weasleys, but he feared returning to face the Dark Lord and anyone else who might want to see him dead.

The sound of approaching footsteps had caused the hairs on the back of Draco’s neck to stand up and he quickly withdrew his wand, ready to defend himself just in case it was a threat. He could hear a slight beeping sound and he stepped back, looking for a way out that would not create any magic to detected.

“This way, he’s in this alley way, the tracker never lies,” said the voice of Luther Malfoy and the Squib Inquisition appeared in the scene. “All right, the jig is up, now come with us and we promise not to rough you up all that much.”

“Stand back, I know how to use this,” warned Draco in a confident voice, as he pointed his wand, but Luther snapped his fingers and two Squib Inquisition members pointed the laser blasters, before firing them over Draco’s head. “And I doubt I have much to worry about, considering that you can’t use…”

Draco was silenced by falling rubble crashing down onto his head and the squibs moved forward, one of them picking up Draco’s wand, before the others fastened his hands and feet together, dragging him out of the alleyway. A slight moan escaped Draco’s lips as he was dragged off.

From the shadows, with use of a disillusionment charm, Hailey had her wand pointed directly towards Malfoy’s walking stick and quickly placed a tracking charm on it. Now Malfoy would lead her right to their hide out, without knowing it. Quickly, she crept off, careful to keep a safe distance, not wanting to tip off Luther and raise his suspicious.

Draco Malfoy’s eyes flickered open and he saw that he was strapped on an operating table, a plastic headband on his head, with suction cups on the side hooked to his hand. On his arms and legs were similar miniature devices, with the same function and they all lead to a glowing orb. On the other side of the orb had a similar operating table and a figure with a bald head walked forward, adjusting his monocle.

“Greetings young Draco, I see you’re awake,” commented Sopho with a twisted smirk as Draco attempted to reach for his wand to escape, but much to his displeasure, he had been disarmed.

“My wand where is it?” asked Draco and Sopho calmly twirled the wand between his fingers. “Give me that, you have no right to touch my wand, I am a heir of the most noble house of Malfoy, you will show me the respect that I deserve, let me out of here now, I demand to see the freak who attacked me.”

“Now Draco, that’s no way to talk to your uncle,” commented Luther and Draco’s eyes narrowed, his nose wrinkling slightly at these words.

“What are you talking about?” demanded Draco. “Father was an only child, he had no brother, so how dare you disgrace the Malfoy name by passing yourself as something your not.”

“I guess Lucius never told you about the squib skeleton on the Malfoy family closet or perhaps his parents kept that from him as well,” commented Luther and Draco looked absolutely disgusted when he realized he was in contact with a squib. As far as he was concerned, they were lower than Mudbloods. “Yes, well I’m disgusted that a pathetic little whelp like you could be related to me as well. I’ve worked for everything in my life and now you will be useful for once, as you will give me the means to use magic.”

At that moment, Hailey looked in from a window and to her surprise, she saw Draco Malfoy inside. She wondered what he could have done about that but she saw the glow of the isotope, it was inside, Hailey needed to stop Luther Malfoy at all costs.

“Are you mad, squib?” demanded Draco. “There is no way to steal magic, that’s just propaganda spread by the Ministry of Magic to induce hate for Mudbloods. Justifiable hate yes, as they have no business in our world, but it’s just a way to make other people see the truth.”

“No, trust us, a way has been created now,” commented Sopho in a joyful voice. “You are on the side of this machine, the transference process will withdraw magic from you and into the subject on the other side, that being Boss Malfoy here.”

“Let’s get on with this Sopho, I’ve waited long enough,” said Luther but at that moment, Hailey used a blasting spell to shatter the windows, before she rushed inside to face the Squib Inquisition. “Not again, that’s it, finish her time, leave nothing of her left.”

The Squib Inquisition pointed the blasters at Hailey but Hailey withdrew her wand and spun her arm, causing the blasters to break. Quickly, one of the goons rushed forward but Hailey dodged the attack. Leaping up, Hailey knocked the attacker back. Another goon rushed Hailey, but Hailey tripped him up, causing him to fly into a pipe hooked to the wall. Another gang member towards Hailey but Hailey dodged around. An arrow was shot upwards, slicing a net from above, trapping the squib. Another gang member swung a baseball bat at Hailey, but she dodged it and kicked the gang member in the face. Luther stepped forward and aimed his walking stick but this time Hailey was ready. She shot an arrow right at the walking stick, knocking it right from Luther’s hand. Quickly, she rushed forward and threw her opponent to the ground. In an instant, Hailey face off against Sopho and charged forward, but Sopho pulled a lever. A large wall of pure energy appeared and Hailey smacked against it. The impact knocked her backwards and to the ground, as her wand slid out of sight.

“Grab her!” snapped Luther, as blood dripped from his lips and two of the members of the Squib Inquisition grabbed an arm, allowing a third to punch Hailey in the stomach a couple of times, winding her. Her wandless magic was not up to par enough to be able to defend herself without the wand. She attempted to grab her mirror to get him, but one of the members grabbed it fro her grasp.

“Should have checked your make up later, girlie,” said one of the squibs as Luther smacked Hailey with a walking stick, before another gang member removed a two pairs of shackles. Hailey found herself hooked to a pipe, unable to move to face Malfoy.

“That should hold you for now,” commented Luther. “I would kill you, but I need to implement my plan.”

“Yes, ransom the entire city off or threaten to blow it up once again, someone will stop you!” yelled Hailey in a forceful voice but Luther responded with a chuckle.

“As if, I have a much bigger objective in mind and my nephew will help me be able to perform magic,” commented Luther in a smug tone before he reached forward and casually removed the mask of the Black Phantom, revealing the scowling face of Hailey Potter from underneath. “Ah, young Miss Potter, I should have know it would be you, guess you didn’t want your dear brother to know that you were playing a vigilante. Such a pity I’m going to have to kill you. Just think, you’ll have the honor of being my first magical murder.”

Hailey just looked up at Luther with hatred etched in her emerald colored eyes, but Luther paid her no mind. In fact, Draco was looking curiously at her, but Luther turned to Sopho, as he walked forward towards the transference machine.

“Let’s get out with it Sopho,” remarked Luther in a bored drawl, as he strapped himself onto the operating table, before Sopho placed the devices on his head, wrists, and ankles and then turned to Draco.

“Now you might feel slight pain when your magic is removed from you and might suffer the unfortunate side effect of death, but I suspect you might have already guessed that it matters little,” commented Sopho coolly. “Ready Boss Malfoy?”

“Do it,” said Luther shortly, not wanting to waste any more time than he had to and Sopho walked over to the console, before he twisted some knobs, as Hailey watched with wide eyes, as Draco began to illuminate a green color, as he screamed in pain.

“Please, don’t!” yelled Draco in pain, it was worse with the Cruciatus Curse, what this Muggle contraption was doing to him. He wanted to claw out his own eyeballs but much to his displeasure, he could not because his arms were trapped. He thrashed, but the more he struggled, the more pain he felt, as the blinding glow of the radioactive isotope became more intense

“Yes, I can feel it Sopho, the power is mine, I will be a wizard in a matter of moments!” yelled Luther in a crazed voice, his eyes widening and glowing yellow, as Sopho regarded this with curiosity, but began to twist the knob, as Draco’s magical potential grew weaker as Luther’s grew stronger.

Hailey watched, as she saw the radioactive isotope grow smaller, yet brighter, as the process continued, as Draco’s blood curdling screams racked her ears and Luther’s body began to glow orange. Luther gave an anguished scream and for a second, his form faded completely from existence, before it reappeared on the operating table, as Sopho began to shut the machine off. Draco fell unconscious and Luther looked equally unmoving as well.

“Something gone wrong?” asked Hailey, as she blinked, the isotope had completely vanished and Sopho looked at a loss to explain exactly what had occurred.

“No, everything’s gone right!” called a sinister voice as a large concentration of magical energy appeared in mid air, before readjusting into a corporeal form of Luther Malfoy, right in front of the motionless form of Luther on the table, as Hailey stared wide eyed, before attempting to pull herself free.

“Then the experiment has gone right, with only you losing your human body,” commented Sopho, as he looked Luther’s body on the table, which had been reduced to an empty shell.

“The human body that had a defect that did not allow me to perform magic,” said Luther as his entire form glowed as he levitated a few inches off the ground. “With this new body, I have true power and am not restricted by human limitations.”

“So now you can do magic?” concluded Sopho but Luther spun around, creating a vortex of magical of energy, before directly it to the crate which levitated into the air. After a few seconds, the crate was lowered to the ground and Luther appeared, before he twisted his form into the very familiar blast of red light of the Reducto spell. In a burst, Luther blasted forward and reduced the crate to dust when he connected. Luther resumed his human form, before turning to face Sopho.

“I am magic!” cried Luther as a chair materialized from his hand and Luther placed it down in front of them. “Now the entire world will tremble before my power.”
Sign up to rate and review this story