Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VII

Chapter 14: Master Magic Part II

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-06-08 - Updated: 2008-06-08 - 6151 words

0TrainWreck
Chapter Fourteen: Master Magic Part Two

Hailey looked around, at the new form of Luther Malfoy. Quickly, she shook her head, attempting to dislodge a hair pin. In an instant, the hair pin loosened and flew out. Expertly, she managed to catch it, before she began to pick the locks of the shackles, hoping she could escape while Luther was distracted with his new abilities. In a matter of seconds, Hailey managed to unlock herself from the shackles and quietly, without drawing any attention, attempted to make a strategic retreat towards the exit but Luther spotted her, contorting into a bolt of light, before he zoomed forward and blasted himself against the door, sealing it shut, before materializing in a corporeal form right in front of Hailey.

“Going somewhere?” asked Luther in a bored tone of voice. “As if you could escape me, I’m now purely one hundred percent magic, I have power beyond anyone that can dream about. I master all magic, in fact that’s what you can call me, Master Magic…”

Hailey quickly grabbed her wand and rushed forward, somersaulting over a bolt of magical energy that her magically charged enemy had sent at her. In an instant, she dodged another attack, before she looked over, seeing the switch for the forceful generator that Sopho had used to stop her cold earlier.

“Take your best shot at me, Malfoy!” called Hailey in a taunting voice and Luther twisted himself into a jagged grey bolt, before he shot forward. As he got closer, Hailey activated the switch, causing Luther to impact the shield. A loud inhumane shriek could be heard as the magic was blasted back, as Luther fell to the ground, back into his corporeal form. Hailey looked around, there should have been an exit. She needed some help, this was way out of her league.

“Help me,” whined Draco in a low voice and Hailey turned around, her eyes narrowed towards Draco, after all that Malfoy had said about her brother, he had some nerve to ask for help.

“And why should I do that?” demanded Hailey.

“Because I know the way out,” commented Draco in a bored drawl as he watched the form of his disgraced squib uncle contort into a silver drill construct of raw magic, before it blasted towards the force field, attempting to break through. “Of course, you could take your chances against him and get flattened. After all, your brother’s not here to pull an amazing last minute solution out this time and save the world.”

“This better not be a trick, Malfoy,” said Hailey as she used her wand to quickly sever the straps and Draco quickly staggered forward, before he reached for his wand.

“I feel nothing, that squib really did find a way to steal my magic,” muttered Draco under his breath but Hailey just rolled her eyes, as the force field completely destroyed.

“Okay, Malfoy, any suggestions that you might have right now would be really helpful right now,” said Hailey in a slightly anxious voice.

“Running might be a good start, Potter,” remarked Draco in a rather bored tone and Hailey violently grabbed Draco by the ear, pulling him forward, just in time, as the blast of pure magic light had blown up the operating table that Malfoy had been on.

“WAKE UP MALFOY!” shouted Hailey in an irritated voice, as the two rushed forward, as Luther directed his attacks mostly towards Hailey. “Don’t you want to live through this, not that I care, but it does seem like you’d want to save your skin.”

“No, considering I lost the ability to lose magic, that’s as good as dead for a pureblood,” remarked Draco in a bored tone of voice as Hailey pushed Draco to the ground out of the way, before she moved forward, and aimed her wand towards the form of her opponent. A large bang echoed throughout the warehouse and a net flew right towards Luther. The entity of pure magic was caught off guard and was wrapped up, dropping to the ground.

Hailey sighed in relief, but unfortunately for her, that relief was rather short lived, as Luther gripped onto the magically created net, before he began to absorb every bit of magic inside the net. His form illuminated into a bright orange glow, and the net began to blow into wisps of air, unable to sustain its form in reality. Hailey backed off and aimed her crossbow, before she shot an arrow up above. The arrow stuck into the ceiling before it exploded, causing pieces of rubble to fall down on top of Luther Malfoy.

“Let’s go!” yelled Hailey in a forceful voice to Draco. “That won’t hold him for long, I can be sure of that.”

“Why did that net not hold him or am I asking the wrong Potter?” asked Draco snidely, and Hailey just grabbed his arm, before yanking him forward. “Watch my arm, you’re going to end up ripping it off if you’re not careful…”

“Excuse me if I don’t care after you tried to kill Harry,” spat Hailey, but the voice of Luther Malfoy echoed throughout the building, stopping them cold.

“Stop them!” shouted Luther and his fellow Squib Inquisition members rushed forward to the attack, but Hailey quickly dodged their attacks, before she leapt up and knocked one of the squibs to the ground. Quickly, she moved around, and the arms and legs of another one of her opponent’s snapped together, causing him to drop to the ground. In an instant, Hailey bounced off the wall, before she kicked off, knocking one of her opponent’s down. Another opponent charged her with a pipe but Hailey stunned him quickly, knocking him to the ground, but then the form of Luther Malfoy burst from the rubble, his eyes narrowed in pure hatred towards both Draco and Hailey, along with his downed henchmen. “You squibs have failed me for the last time, I no longer need your help, as now I have magic and can crush my enemies.”

Quickly, Luther morphed into a pure wall of green magical energy, extremely similar to the magic created by the Killing Curse and he blasted forward towards his squibs. As the wall passed through them, each squib dropped dead, the wall continued to move forward towards Hailey and Draco, it began to fade and it withdrew, until Luther Malfoy stood there in his corporeal form, no longer made of pure magic.

“Sopho, what is the meaning of this?” demanded Luther as he rounded upon the squib mad scientist, who cowered against the wall.

“Something called magical exhaustion, despite the odd nature of what happened in the experiment, you do have your limitations,” explained Sopho quickly. “A Killing Curse requires a great deal of power to pull off, in fact the most out of all the spells…”

“Tell me how to fix this magical exhaustion problem, Sopho or I’ll kill you!” yelled Luther in a crazed voice, as the squib backed against the wall, but Hailey had quickly removed the shackles from the wall before she rushed forward and struck Luther in the back with chain. Luther flew backwards, landing against the wall, before he burst forward. Hailey desperately swung the shackles towards him again and interestingly enough, she deflected him with a well placed blow. Luther pulled himself to his feet and eyes widened in absolutely rage, as he saw the magically created equivalent a gaping wound in his chest. “What did you do with me?”

Hailey shrugged, but she held the shackles and moved forward to attack Luther with them. It appeared that whatever they were made of had adverse effects on her magical adversary. Hailey swung them but Luther wisely bolted out of the way, avoiding being struck with the shackles. Quickly, he pulled Draco, who had been hiding out of the way, forward, causing him to smack into Hailey, causing the shackles to fly from her hand. Luther raised his hand and blasted both of the teenagers, causing them to magically fuse together by the wrist. Both looked rather agitated by this new development.

“I’ll deal with you two later,” said Luther has he rounded on Sopho who had attempted to creep towards the door. “Now, Sopho, more power, tell me how to increase my endurance.”

“Suppose you could transmute Muggle energy into magic, that would widen your potential or you could find a way to absorb high amounts of magic,” said Sopho and that moment, Luther morphed into a coma curse, before he shot straight towards Sopho, knocking him unconscious with the impact.

“Thanks for the information Sopho and as for you two, I require more power before I can rule this city, so we’re going to have to cut this a bit short,” remarked Luther as shot around the building, before zooming right towards the window, as the building began to cave in on the heads of Draco and Hailey.

“Move it!” yelled Hailey, as she walked forward quickly, attempting to gracefully leap out of the way, but he found it difficult with all the dead weight magically strapped to her wrist. Quickly, just barely, she managed to pull both herself and Malfoy, who seemed to have a bit of a death wish through an opening in the wall, before the building completely collapsed down on top of their heads. Hailey turned, looking rather. “Let’s go, first, we need to find someway to get separated and then I can work on a way of defeating your uncle.”

“Both of those things are fine with me, the less time I spend fused at the wrist with a filthy little half blood, the better,” muttered Draco as Hailey viciously pulled him forward.

“Watch your tongue Malfoy, I have no problems dragging a corpse back home,” said Hailey in a dangerous tone of voice, and fortunately, Draco decided it would be a good time to shut up.

Back at the Potter Residence, Hailey had arrived, pulling a very uncooperative Draco by the wrist, having blind folded him so he would not have found on the way to her home. Hailey thanked her lucky stars that Ginny was the only one was there, as the others had other things that they needed to do on that evening. Patiently, Ginny waited as Hailey explained everything that she saw and that had happened in the fight with the new and improved Luther Malfoy.

“Please tell me there’s a way that you could separate us,” pleaded Hailey and while Draco seemed to think he was too good to beg a Weasley for help, the look in his eyes betrayed that he too wanted desperately to be freed. Ginny looked at the two, running over every possible idea in her head, but nothing came to mind that could separate both of their wrists.

“I’m sorry, this has me a bit baffled,” remarked Ginny with a frown. “If we knew exactly what spell Luther hit you with, we could work on a way to free you, but as it is, I’m sorry, but there’s nothing that can be done.”

“Well, I’m sure Harry Potter might be able to find a way,” suggested Draco in a bit of an arrogant tone. “After all, precious Potter can solve anything, with the exception of defeating the Dark Lord and no need to tell me that Potter is dead, because I know differently. If he had been truly killed, all of you would have charged over there and attacked the Dark Lord to avenge his death. The Dark Lord likes to maintain his security that there are those who fear him, so he wouldn’t acknowledge the fact that the only reason none of you continued to fight him is because Potter told you not to.”

“Look, unfortunately Harry’s not here, he’s out of the country,” said Ginny but Draco just scoffed.

“Listen, I’m sure you have a way to contact him,” remarked Draco but Ginny shook her head.

“No, Harry did not take any way to contact with him but that’s not any of your business Malfoy,” said Ginny in a testy voice, but Malfoy just sneered at her. “I’m more worried about the fact that he’s in the city with that kind of power.”

“I know, we need to find a way to get this thing off of me,” commented Hailey with disdain at Malfoy. “And then I can go out and stop him.”

“No, first we need to find out a way to defeat him, now did you notice anything peculiar about him when you were fighting him?” prodded Ginny urgently and Hailey looked thoughtful, before nodding.

“Well, it appears that he can only do only so much magic at once, before the magic he uses becomes weaker,” commented Hailey. “Also, when I hit him with the shackles they had me chained up with, it seemed to injure him slightly.”

“That would be because they were made of platinum,” interjected Draco and the two girls looked absolutely confused, so the Malfoy heir decided to elaborate. “Platinum is the only element on earth that is completely resistant to magic, the shackles in the Wizengamot courtroom are made of platinum, and since the squib’s new form is made of pure magic, it would harm him. Naturally, the amount of platinum used to make the chains would only due a slight amount of damage.”

The two girls looked at Malfoy, who sighed.

“All purebloods are taught that pre-Hogwarts,” commented Malfoy before correcting himself. “All respected purebloods at least.”

“Okay, one of two things need to happen, either we force him to use enough magic to contain him or we strike him with enough platinum to completely destroy him,” remarked Ginny, who was doing her best not to cave into the urge to hex Malfoy into a million pieces. “I wonder if there are any spells that would simulate the magical disrupting properties given off by platinum.”

“There are but there are highly dark and advanced in nature, nothing that can be learned in a matter of minutes,” commented Draco. “In fact, I suspect that only two people might have the potential to do so, Potter and the Dark Lord.”

“Rather reassuring,” said Hailey and the lights around them back to blink on and off several times, causing Hailey to get up and stagger back, when she remembered she was magically tethered to the ferret. “Ginny, do me a favor and look outside, see if the lights are blinking anywhere else.”

Ginny nodded, before she rushed forward towards the window and looked out. The street lights were blinking on and off, as a swirling vortex of magical energy could be seen in the distance of the sky.

“Let me guess, the squib’s having fun with his newfound powers,” remarked Draco snidely and Ginny nodded calmly in confirmation. “Figure that would happen, he’s using my magic for his own gains, sullying it.”

“Malfoy, quiet,” said Ginny as she turned to Hailey, who frowned.

“He’s transmuting electricity into magic, he’s recharging himself, like a battery for a car needs to be charged periodically,” remarked Hailey. “He didn’t last all that long, but given all the magic that he used to maintain that killing charm wall, it’s hard to tell how long he would have last otherwise.”

Just at that time, an old television set came to life, despite the fact that it was not plugged into the wall and the face of Luther Malfoy appeared on the television.

“Hello New York City and this message goes out to the Boy-Who-Lived, one Harry Potter!” called Luther. “Now, Potter, you’ve been a thorn in my side for too long, foiling my plans but now the odds are even. I’m more than just a wizard, I am magic, and in one hour, I’m going to use my new found powers to obliterate Time Square. I dare any man, woman, child, or mutant turtle to stop me, especially you Potter. Come one, come all, stop me, if you dare.”

With that, Luther’s form disappeared from the television screen.

“Egotistical squib, broadcasting his plans for everyone to hear,” commented Draco.

“Well, it’s obvious, he wants everyone to know what he’s up to, it’s a trap,” said Hailey.

“Yes, and it looks like Scarhead’s the one that he wants trapped, a shame that he isn’t here,” remarked Draco snidely. “As much as the squib is befouling my magic, seeing Potter beg for his life would be rather amusing, even if a no good filthy squib would be the one doing so.”

“Ginny, are you sure there isn’t anyway you can separate me from this thing?” pleaded Hailey and Ginny suddenly looked thoughtful.

“It does seem too simple, but it’s worth a shot,” said Ginny with a shrug, as she raised her wand and pointed it towards Hailey and Draco. “Finite.”

Much to their surprise, the wrists of the two became undone. Draco quickly pulled his hand away, wrinkling his nose up in absolute disgust.

“Tell me where the sink is, I need to wash my hand,” remarked Draco in a snide voice but both Hailey and Ginny pointed their wands at Draco. “Go ahead, see if I care, I have no magic, kill me.””

“No, Malfoy, if you think we’re going to leave you here alone, then you must be more insane than your uncle,” said Ginny. “We need to get to find him and contain him, before he does some serious damage.”

Hailey nodded, before she once again covered Draco’s eyes to prevent him from knowing exactly where the Potter Residence was, before the two witches lead the powerless Malfoy heir through the door, right to the outside of the word.

Needless to say, Hailey and Ginny were not the only ones who had their attention grabbed by Luther Malfoy’s bold televised announcement. The Battle Shell sped down the street, as the miniature satellite system on the top began to spin out of control.

“Well, whatever Malfoy’s using, it can’t be far, these energy readings are extremely strong, the tracker’s picking up a huge quantity of it,” remarked Don as he bent over. “Strange, I’ve never seen anything this strong before, I don’t know how much longer the tracker can maintain searching for this high level.”

“I don’t think we need the tracker any longer, look!” shouted Mikey, as he pointed outside the window, to see a swirling vortex of magical energy in the sky high above.

“That’s rather unexpected,” commented Leo as he looked at the magical energy apprehensively from above.

“So Malfoy’s got a new toy, I say we bust it,” said Raph as he twirled his Sais, ready for action, but Leo was forced to slam on the brakes of the Battle Shell, when the road had rose up in front of them. He was unable to stop in time, as the Battle Shell began to skid out of control, but thankfully he managed to put on the emergency brakes, stopping it before it slammed against the wall of a nearby building. Quickly, the Turtles evacuated the Battle Shell, weapons drawn.

“Okay, Malfoy show yourself!” called Leo. “We know you’re out there.”

“Right you are reptile, but I’m out here, I’m everywhere!” replied Luther. “And Luther Malfoy does seem like a name for a commoner, a powerless squib, but I’m much more than that, because now I am a wizard. Actually, much more than that, as I am magic. In fact, my name is now Master Magic!”

“Master Magic?” commented Mikey in confusion. “Now if there was ever a name for a cheesy, fourth string comic book villain, that would be it.”

The magic swirled in mid air, causing the Turtles to have to back off because of the high powered wind gusts that it generated. Master Magic took his corporeal form, to face the quartet of ninjas with absolutely disdain.

“You dare mock my power?” demanded Master Magic. “Perhaps I’ll give you a demonstration of how powerful I am.”

“Talk to the Sai!” shouted Raph, as he threw his weapons at Master Magic, but Master Magic just raised his fingers, causing the Sais to vibrate in mid air, reducing them into nothing but dust.

“Attack him, find a way to contain him!” shouted Leo and the Turtles rushed forward, but Master Magic zoomed out of the way, before he sucked himself back into the power lines high above.

“He can travel through the power lines, I don’t know how we can catch him,” said Don as Master Magic appeared in front of Don, before he sent a pair of blasts of raw magical energy at Don. Don just barely avoided the attack, before he sprung out of the way. Master Magic spun around, zapping up, before shooting right at the ground. The ground rumbled and shackles burst up over the ground, hooking Don’s feet. Don attempted to pull himself free and a large blast of light impacted Don in the face, knocking him loopy on his feet.

Mikey rushed around, but Master Magic sprang up into the power lines, before zipping across them and came right behind Mikey. He flicked his wrist and Mikey’s nunchucks began spinning at a super speed on his own accord, beginning to smack Mikey in the face over and over again, dropping him to the ground. Quickly, Mikey was hoisted up into the air and slammed down, causing the street below him to rumble.

Leo had come from behind Master Magic and sprung up, attempting to slice his katana into the top of his corporeal form, but Master Magic calmly flicked his finger towards Leo, breaking the katana. Leo dodged another attack, before he came from behind his opponent. Master Magic raised his fists and slammed them into the ground, causing a mild shockwave curse to reverberate through the streets. Leo blasted up into the air and down onto his shell, before Raph moved around, going for a punch, but a wall of solid magical energy appeared in front of them. Raph winced before Master Magic pushed the wall forward, slamming it into Raph. Raph dropped to the ground and the magically charged ex-squib circled the downed forms of the Turtles. In an instant, he conjured a large glass bowl with a top on it around the ninjas. Another wave of the wrist and water began to fill the bowl.

“A rather interesting effort, but as it is inevitable, you are now in the soup, the turtle soup,” said Master Magic, as he began to heat up the glass bowl, in an attempt to cook the mutants alive.

Quickly a blasting spell connected with the bowl, shattering it, freeing the Turtles before too much damage could be done. They escaped, to see Ginny walking through there. They all looked relieved that she had arrived in time, but Master Magic didn’t seem all that bothered by her sudden arrival.

“So, Potter sends his whore to stop me,” cackled Master Magic. “I’m not impressed, remember, I’m made of pure magic, there’s nothing you can do to stop me.”

“Actually, there is,” replied Ginny smugly. “HAILEY NOW!”

At that moment, Hailey shut off the power to the city. The lights in the city shut off, leaving nothing but the illuminated form of Master Magic, who narrowed his eyes in frustration, as his unlimited power source had been denied.

“No, it’s not going to end like this!” shouted Master Magic as he spied a construction sight, before his facial features contorted into a twisted smirk, before he shot several bolts of magical energy at the vehicles, animating them. “Now, you can stop me, or you can save the city, it’s your choice.”

Master Magic swirled around, before he blasted into the sky, to find an alternate source to fuel his powers. Raph stepped forward, but Leo grabbed his arm, as he saw the construction vehicles from across the street roll forward, beginning to smash up the half constructed building.

“Don’t look now, but we have much bigger problems right now, they’re tear up the entire city,” said Leo. “Don, can you find a way to stop him?”

“If I had a weakness, I could be able to stop him,” offered Don feebly as he put on a pair of night vision goggles that allowed him to see in the dark. “As of right now, I don’t have anything I can use.”

“He’s vulnerable to platinum,” said Ginny. “It’s the only metal on earth that can stop magic.”

“Wait, this gives me an idea,” said Don suddenly, as he looked off into the distance. “The tower over there, it’s the only structure in the city that’s made of one hundred percent platinum.”

“So, let me guess, we track him down and drop the entire thing down on his head,” said Raph.

“Something like that, there’s no time to explain, the rest of you stop those vehicles,” said Don as he ran off.

“And I’ll lure Luther out of hiding,” replied Hailey as she walked off as the others opened their mouth. “Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing.”

Hailey walked off, before she pointed her wand at Draco, who had attempted to sneak off.”

“Not going to get away that easy Malfoy,” said Hailey, as Leo, Raph, Mikey, and Ginny moved forward into the construction sight, as a steam roller began to barrel towards them.

“Okay, I’m open to suggestions,” said Leo, as the magically fueled vehicle moved closer.

“I’ve got one, jump!” shouted Mikey, as they launched themselves out of the way, allowing the steam roller to stop, before it turned back towards them, before it rolled forward.

“Those things don’t let up,” remarked Raph, as he attempted to dodge out of the way, but a wrecking ball swung from them from above.

“What we need to do is to find a way to pit these vehicles against each other, because there’s no way any of our attacks are going to beat them, magic or otherwise,” replied Ginny in a patient voice.

“Great idea, Ginny, but exactly how they seem to copy all of our moves?” asked Mikey.

“And that we should use to our advantage,” inputted Leo, before he leapt onto the steam roller, as the wrecking ball swung towards it. At the last second, Leo leapt off, causing the wrecking ball to smash the steam roller to bits from the impact.

“Leo’s got the right idea, c’mon,” said Raph, as he sprung up, avoiding the spinning crane as it rushed forward and from the other side, the wrecking ball had moved towards Raph. Raph stood there, as the two vehicles swung towards each other before he flipped out of the way. Both the crane and the wrecking ball smashed against each other, obliterating them from the impact.

The fourth and final vehicle, a cement mixer had moved towards them. Quickly, Ginny dodged around, as the vehicle barreled towards the Turtles. In an instant, Ginny quickly levitated a barrel, jamming the top of the cement mixer. With a distinct inability to pour the cement, the cement mixer just barreled towards the Turtles, who leapt out of the way, towards the building. At that instant, the cement mixer blasted towards them, as Raph, Mikey, and Leo waved it forward, taunting the vehicle, that blasted forward, but at the last second, the three Turtles leapt off and the vehicle completely smashed through the building. The building completely collapsed, crushing the cement mixer. The group looked relieved, as the four enchanted construction vehicles had been defeated.

Don took out his equipment from the Battle Shell. To be honest, he wasn’t entirely sure if this was going to work all that well, it had never been tried before, but it was worth a shot. Quickly, he activated the laser on the top of the battle shell to burn a small piece of the tower off. Don caught the piece, before he began to melt down the platinum into a liquefied from, as he pulled out a Triceraton Blaster from the back of the Battle Shell. Quickly, he began to remove the plasma tube from the top of it. It was a tedious process, as if he was not careful, he could blow up half the city.

Master Magic looked around, if he was not mistaken, a nuclear power plant was nearby. That would give him ample opportunity to create enough energy to give him even more power. Despite the decent amount he had right now, it was not enough for someone like Master Magic, he required even more.

At that instant, Hailey, with Draco reluctantly following closely behind her, looking a bit apprehensive. Quickly, Hailey removed the mirror from her pocket.

“Okay Don, I’m here, and he is too, exactly how long will it take to get your plan up and working?” asked Hailey.

“About ten to fifteen minutes, give or take,” replied Don. “See what you can do to stall him.”

“Stall him, okay, no problem,” muttered Hailey with a nod, as she watched Master Magic moved forward, before she removed a shuriken from her pocket. Quickly, she flicked it towards the ground and miniature explosion caught the attention of Master Magic. “Hey, Magical Moron!”

“You dare mock me, Potter!” shouted Master Magic in a crazed tone of voice, his eyes glowing orange as he turned to face her.

“Yes, believe it or not I do, the fact remains that no matter whatever you throw at me, I keep coming back,” said Hailey. “For all that power, one would think that you could actually succeed every once in a while”

“Foolish child, perhaps this will convince you of my power!” yelled Master Magic as he shot bolts of pure magical energy to the ground, causing four monsters to rise up out of the ground. One was made of lava, another made of metal, the third made of ice, and other made of tar.

“Potter, look at what you did now,” commented Draco in a snide voice, as Hailey dodged a blast of lava, causing the ground to incinerated from the ground and then several icicles blasted at her from the ice monster.

“Last ditch effort, this is what I wanted,” muttered Hailey as she flicked several shuriken at the ice monster. A miniature explosion had caused a hole to blow into its chest, sending water spraying everywhere. Hailey spent several minutes dodging the attacks of her opponents, just barely keeping up with them.

Quickly, Hailey somersaulted into the picture and the lava monster rushed forward, before he splashed lava towards Hailey, just a large block of ice was shot right at Hailey. Hailey moved out of the way, as she watched the ice both cool the lava and melt it.

An idea forming in her head, Hailey watched as the tar monster moved forward as well, the steel monster moving from another end. She levitated a manhole cover off and as her four opponents charged in for the attack, Hailey quickly dropped down the manhole. The four impacted each other, causing them to be obliterated in an instant. Hailey pulled another manhole cover and Master Magic, fading a bit, turned to her, before pointing his hand at her. A half powered blast of magical energy was sent towards Hailey but Hailey dodged out of the way, before she came behind Master Magic, who was becoming all aware of his severely weakened power.

“No, I must have power!” yelled Master Magic desperately, as he slammed his hands down, causing Hailey to fly back from the impact as he staggered forward, before he saw the fence, leading to the nuclear power plant. “Yes, I’ll blow up the reactor, that will give me more than enough power to fuel me for years and destroy the city.”

Hailey attempted to stop him, but Master Magic bolted forward, sawing his way through the fence, before he appeared inside the nuclear power plant, moving towards the reactor.

“Please tell me you’ve got it finished up, Don,” replied Hailey in a frantic voice.

“Yes, just about, now I’ve got it,” said Don, as he watched the illuminated form of Master Magic right towards the nuclear power plant, as he had the modified Triceraton Blaster hooked up to the satellite of the Battle Shell, which was directed towards Master Magic. “Hope this works, I didn’t have any time to test it but no time like the present I suppose.”

Don triggered the blaster and for an anxious few seconds, he thought it had not have worked. And then, a heavy platinum colored laser blast beamed from the satellite right towards Master Magic, who had his finger tips on the nuclear reactor. Master Magic was struck in the back and screamed in agony, as the platinum laser blast cut deep into his form. In the distance, Don activated another button, which created a modified magnetic effect, that began to drag Master Magic away. He attempted to vainly pull free, but he was latched on tight, a sizzling sound echoed through the air, as he quickly was pulled towards the Battle Shell. Don tilted the satellite up, pointing it towards the sky.

“No, I have power, I have it, you can’t defeat me, I am magic!” screamed Master Magic but Don just pushed enough button on the remote, which broadcasted Master Magic out into the air, painfully ripping apart his consciousness in several hundred different directions, scattering it all over the universe.

At that point, Hailey, Ginny, Draco, Raph, Leo, and Mikey showed up.

“That’s the last we’ll see of Luther Malfoy,” summarized Don.

“Exactly how did you do it then?” asked Leo.

“I broadcasted him into the air, in small pieces,” commented Don. “Not sure it was going to work, but glad it did.”

“Fortunately it did,” said Mikey. “Otherwise, the entire city would have been toast.”

“Well it wouldn’t have worked all that well if he hadn’t been depowered slightly when Hailey tricked him to attack her,” remarked Don and Hailey took a mocking bow at her handy work.

“Yeah Hailey, I suspect Harry would have been rather pleased with the way you handle that and in fact we all are,” said Ginny, as the others nodded in agreement, except for Draco, who looked rather irritated.

“Yes, you might have defeated him, but you lost my magic,” said Draco. “Inept fools, now I’ll be forced to live out the rest of my life as a squib.”

“Well Malfoy, that’s almost enough for you to make up for you trying to kill Harry,” said Ginny.

“Yes, almost, but not quite, I have a feeling that the American Wizarding Government would like to see the person who attempted to kill one of their most prominent citizens,” said Hailey, as they forced Malfoy forward, to properly pay for his crimes.

“Wait a minute, I helped you defeat the squib, don’t I deserve any credit,” demanded Draco.

“If by help you mean you cowered in the shadows while everyone else did all the work, then you helped, but you’re not getting off that easy Malfoy, so move it,” said Raph, glaring at Draco, who gulped as the tempered turtle was staring down at him. Draco Malfoy had both lost his magic and would be put away for a very long time. A fitting end to a not so fitting human being.

Back at the Potter Residence, Hailey had the Black Phantom costume cradled in her arms as she walked towards the fire. In an instant, Hailey dumped the costume into the fire. She watched it burn as she turned to Ginny, who stood behind her.

“What made you decide?” asked Ginny simply.

“Well, tonight, I helped beat Master Magic and when it happened, it was Hailey Potter who did it, not the Black Phantom,” commented Hailey lightly. “I think I’m good enough to stand on my own and to be honest, I’m no longer a little girl who needs to play dress up anymore.”

“I’ve been telling you that for months Hailey,” said Ginny.

“I know, and you’re right,” remarked Hailey as she watched the costume turn to ash, not regretting what she had done one bit. It was the past and it was time to move on towards the future.
Sign up to rate and review this story