Categories > Original > Fantasy > Fire Bird

Fire Bird

by Evil_Clown_Muffin 0 reviews

The prophecies are never wrong. And for that, he had to leave, or die. At four, Phoenix traveled to Earth in order to keep his life. Fourteen years later, he will revisit his home, entering the war...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-07 - Updated: 2008-06-07 - 718 words

0Unrated
Prologue;

“I refuse to believe this!” the mother screamed, her hazel eyes filled with pure anger and disbelief.

“It is not I that wishes this, but the prophecies have never been wrong. Phoenix will have to go.” The king of the fire lands spoke calmly to his wife about the four-year-old stand only five feet away.

“Fine then. I will take him and the twins with me to earth.”

“Are you sure you want to risk it?”

“He is my son, and I will do anything to ensure his safety.”

“Very well then, gather what you will need. You must leave by daybreak.”

The little boy looked out of the window, his brown eyes gazing at the beautiful sunset. A view that he now believed he would never be able to see again. He could grasp nothing of what he had just heard. He had to leave, or be killed. He was only four, how could they tell if he was going to betray them, lead to the downfall of the nation? Stupid prophecies! He thought. He found himself fidgeting with his fire red hair as his father walked toward him.

“I am sorry Phoenix, but this has to be done.” He said with a sigh, placing a hand on his sons shoulder.

The boy nodded and turned, following his mother to his brothers' room. The twins were younger than Phoenix by two years. He watched as his mother rushed through the room, gathering only the essentials. When she finished, she kneeled down to her first born son, giving him a gentile hug.

“I'm sorry Phoenix, but this is what must be done. Go get what you will want, but make sure you can carry it.”

Walked to his own room, eyes down cast, thinking of what would happen. They were going to earth. Such a 'normal' place. Epically when comparing to their own world. No powers, no spells, and no prophecies. The people there know nothing of the world he was in. How would people react if they found out the truth? And for the mere four years he had been alive, Phoenix had been told it was a place to go to only in dire emergencies. Well, I guess this is an emergency. The only thing he knew was that he didn't want to die.

“Why do they always resort to killing?” he asked to the empty room. He had seen it before although he shouldn't have. A prophecy, saying what someone would do in the future. A killing to prevent it. He sat on his bed, mulling the words of the prophecy over and over again.


'In a time of war between fire and water,
Water has no hope, until the eldest fire prince becomes a traitor
The fire bird will mingle with the enemy, and lead to his own nations' downfall.
Giving victory to the water.'


He got nothing, really, of what his parents said. What these strange prophets said. But he could tell that, apparently, he would become a traitor to his home. That must mean that the war was going to last. He sighed as he stood from his bed and picked up a small bag that had been sitting on the floor. It was soon full of books, clothes, and a small stuffed dolphin. His room was so quiet. Painted a serene blue color, reflecting his love of water. In a way, he could find some belief in the prophecy. He had only been to the ocean once, and instantly fell in love with it.

His mother walked in, tiredness showing in her eyes as they began to droop. The twins were in her arms, asleep, and bags was slung over each of her shoulders. It was time to leave, and Phoenix hated it. He hated how they slowly made their way to the basement. He hated how his father just watched as the sorcerers encircled them, chanting in an ancient language. He hated how it felt like forever before anything happened. He hated that his father just stood before them and watched as they were sent to an unfamiliar land. And when everything went black, he hated falling. All other senses being taken over as the wind rushed around him. All he could think was 'Why? Daddy why?'
Sign up to rate and review this story