Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give Em' Hell, Kid

Team Green and Orange

by alyssainwonderland 2 reviews

The gang goes to play a "friendly" game of laser tag.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-06-14 - Updated: 2008-06-14 - 1539 words

0Unrated
The ride to the nearest “emporium of laser blasting fun”, as Frank called it, wasn’t long. As promised, Gerard sat in the front seat next to me, fooling around with the radio as Frank and Mikey played backseat driver. It took about fifteen minutes on the express way before I got off at the right exit, and no more than two minutes later did Mikey instruct me to pull into a certain parking lot.

The boys scrambled and pushed their way out the door of the Volvo like they were half their actual ages. Gerard was the only one who waited for me, keeping with my pace as we both laughed at the three in front of us.

“They’re idiots.”he commented, and I nodded my head in agreement.

The inside was filled with little kids who had to be at least ten years younger than us. There were flashing lights and tacky sound effects, along with almost every video game one could ever want. The waiting area was an arcade.

Predictably, we found Alex, Frank and Mikey by the Pac Man machine. The two younger boys were screaming words of encouragement as my brother played, and the little children looked on fearfully, no doubt wondering why the hell teenagers would come to a children’s arcade and laser tag place. They obviously didn’t know us.

“Guys.”I said, my voice almost scolding them like a disappointed mother would. “I thought we came here to play laser tag.”

“We did.” Frank said innocently, or at least as innocently as he could with his eyes still glued to the screen. “That doesn’t mean we can’t play some games first.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After ten minutes of an epic pac man battle that Alex ended up losing, the boys, all except Gerard, went to sign us up and get the required nicknames. I didn’t really understand what we needed nicknames for, but Mikey explained to me that that was how they assigned us our teams, and how they figured out who the high scorer for each team was. Still, I was a bit scared as to see what they would put for my nickname.

Apparently, a game was just about to start, and there was enough room for all of us to play. The boys called us over, and we joined them by the front desk. There, the obviously annoyed employee was surrounded by groups of laser blasters and headsets, either orange or green in color.

He started called out the many nicknames, and they were mostly for the little kids. There was a “pony princess” on the green team, and a “megatron” on the orange team. Obviously these little kids weren’t too creative when it came to their nicknames.

“F-Lero” said the man, holding up an orange blaster. Excitedly, Frank went to retrieve it, just as a green blaster was held up for “The Wheeze”. Mikey was the one who took that. When they called “AJ Squared”, it was Alex who stepped forward to get his blaster, which, like Mikey’s, was also green.

“The Secret Weapon?” asked the man.

“That would be you, AJ.” Alex said from behind me, and I could hear the smirk in his voice. I rolled my eyes exaggeratedly and walked up to the front to get the necessary supplies. I was on the orange team.

I saw the man’s facial expression at the next nickname, and I could tell it was going to be bad. There was only one blaster left, and Gerard was the only one without a team. It wasn’t hard to figure out who it was for, but the curiosity of the remaining nickname was almost too much to bear.

“Uncle Jiggy?” The man asked, in a tone that really said ‘why the fuck would you call yourself that?’. Gerard let out a sigh while Mikey, Frank and Alex tried to contain their laughs. Gerard got his green blaster without complaint, but made sure to give the other three at hard smack to each of their heads when he got back over there.

“Looks like it’s you and me, sugar!” Frank exclaimed, throwing his arm around my shoulders like we’d been best friends forever. Jokingly, I made a face at him, and his arm was off my shoulder in an instant. I laughed and put my own arm around his should, showing him that it was all just a joke. He seemed pleased by that.

As the five of us walked into the dark room that was reserved for laser tag, Gerard held back yet again so he could talk to me. “Are you ready to get an ass-kicking?” he asked, grinning broadly. Apparently he was no stranger to this game.

“Orange is better than green.”I stated matter-of-factly, as if that had a major part to do with our upcoming(and hoped for) victory. For extra effect, I stuck my tongue out at him, and he did the same thing. We had always been like this, even as children.

“Let’s make this interesting, shall we?” Alex said, once Gerard, Frank and I had joined them in the waiting room. There was another game just finishing up, and we had to wait a few minute before it was our turn to go in. “Losers by the winners pizza. You guys game?”

The group was filled with mumbled replies of “sures” and “why nots”, along with the louder-than-necessary “hell yes!” from Frank that was followed by glares from multiple children’s mothers.

And with that, we all ran into the dark room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After loading up our guns at the charging station, Frank and I were crawling on the floor, trying to find an opening in the obstacles for us to shoot someone. He turned to me, his headset already sliding off of his ears and around his neck. The orange gun was held securely in my hand.

“I have a plan” he announced in a proud, hushed whisper. “We split up and take them down. I’ll go that way-” he pointed to his left “and you go that way.” he pointed in the opposite direction. I nodded vigorously , and we went our separate ways.

I went to the end of obstacles, where there was a small opening for me to peek both my head and my gun through. I saw a little girl, ‘pony princess’, if I remember correctly, running in front of me, hands over her head to avoid getting hit. I pitied her, and looked for the others.

And then, I heard a tiny explosion in my headset. “Damn it!” I cursed, and I saw my brother’s grinning face not far from my own, his green gun pointed at my headset. ‘I’ll get you next time’ I mouthed to him, and ran back to recharge.

Frank was doing an entire ‘James Bond’ routine as I passed him, complete with the rolling on the ground and ‘one-knee’ gun stance. He had no mercy on the little kids, who would throw a tantrum once they heard the little explosion near their ear as I had. I laughed, and ran to the recharging station.

Once my gun was able to shoot again, I tried to be even sneakier than before. No doubt Alex would be stalking around, trying to find me as I hid. He wanted me to buy his pizza, and he wouldn’t rest until I was, in his terms, obliterated.

And then I saw the shock of white skin that was Gerard. This was one of the ways that his pale skin wasn’t exactly his ally. It made him so completely easy to find in this dark room. He was hiding behind a plastic barrier, looking away from me, aiming his gun at the wall, or someone near it. It was the perfect opportunity to shoot him.

And that’s exactly what I did.

“SHIT!” I heard him yell, jumping up almost immediately after the laser from my gun connected with his headset. He looked around frantically, trying to pinpoint the person that had shot him. And then he looked at me. I grinned cheesily and waved at him, just to rub it in. And then I got shot again.

“Damn!” I cursed quietly, and started back to recharge the gun.

A/N -- Hello again, lovelies! Again, I apologize for the late update. But school's out! That means MORE updates!

Please review and tell me what you think. I personally liked the bit with their nicknames, myself. I DID NOT MAKE THEM UP! They're from a youtube video, where Gerard tells an interviewer what they call each other while on tour. All except for AJ's and Alex's, of course.

One last thing! I made a new MCR story, called Drowning Lessons, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys could check it out. That's my next update!

Until next time, You're all my favorite, and I wish I could give you all chocolate. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story