Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Something's Wrong series

Holidays

by Anaknisatanas 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry - Published: 2008-06-14 - Updated: 2008-06-14 - 4597 words

0Unrated


HOLIDAYS

AN: I couldn't think of a better title, sorry to say. Any suggestions are welcome!



The emergency Floo gate at Malfoy Manor activated late at night on the 26th. Harry, Narcissa and Draco responded to the alarms playing in their rooms, heading down to the dungeon room where that particular Floo opened up to.



Su Li stood in the room with an older man's hand on her shoulder. She was pale and shaky but seemed unharmed. The old man looked tired but proud and two people whom Harry assumed were her parents appeared to be in shock.



"I'll go in and make sure it's really Su Li," Harry spoke quietly as they looked in through the transparent wall.



He opened the door and stepped into the room. Su Li and the old man looked up with pointed wands at his location. When Su Li recognized him she lowered her wand, stepped away from the old man and hugged Harry fiercely for a brief moment and stepped away.



"What happened?" Harry asked softly with a slight blush.



"Dementors attacked our home," Su Li's voice shook a bit. "They were probably after Grandfather. I used the Patronus you taught us and drove them away long enough for us to use the Floo network to get here."



"Come on, we need to get each of you some chocolate," Harry said gently.



Su Li's parents followed silently still shaking and stunned. Su Li held tightly to her grandfather's hand as they walked out of the stone room. Narcissa passed chocolate into each person's hands and made sure they ate it before guiding the family to an empty room where a comfortable fire was burning merrily away in the hearth.



Harry and Draco summoned a House Elf and had it make tea and bring more chocolate for Su Li's family. Narcissa handed Su Li's parents two blankets and helped the Ravenclaw girl wrap her parents in them and guide them to a couch. Harry stood by silently, thankful that the members of the DA were able to react and put aside their panic and fear. Having them go up against his Dementor-boggart had been worth the effects he had suffered from it.



"I owe you a debt of thanks Harry Potter," Su Li's Grandfather spokeas House Elves came in with tea and chocolate. "You taught my granddaughter the Patronus spell, a spell I have never been quite able to master. Because of your teaching she was able to drive back the Dementors and we were able to escape."



"Su Li was the one who took the trouble to learn the spell," Harry said embarrassed by the words. "She should get the credit for sticking with the DA all this time. I'm glad that you came here safely."



"I have spoken at length with my granddaughter over the past few days about your order and its goals," The elderly Chinese man went on. "You will need a healer to aid you and teach you basic healing spells to your group. I am more than willing to aid you; you are an honorable warrior Harry Potter."



"I thank you for your words," Harry bowed respectfully to the man. "We were hopeful that you might join with us."



"Here,"Draco held out a cup of tea to Ken Li. "This will help you. My mother is having rooms prepared for you for the remainder of the holidays if you wish to stay that long or longer. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask."



"You are kind Draco Malfoy," Ken Li bowed his head and took the tea from the Slytherin. "We will remain here for the remainder of holidays. I will contact my allies in Asia and have them send supplies and see if I cannot persuade a few of them to travel towards England to help in this war."



"They will be welcomed by the Malfoy's," Draco smiled earnestly. "We can speak over our plans later after you and your family are well and rested. Blinka will show you to your rooms when you're ready."



"Draco and I need to return to our beds Mr. Li," Harry barely prevented from yawning. "We have a long day ahead of us."



"Again thank you," Ken Li told the two.



Draco and Harry said goodnight to Su Li and her family and each pecked Narcissa on the cheek before leaving the room.



"Mother adopted you," Draco stated more than asked. "I'm glad. Don't be afraid to let her in."



"I am afraid but she makes it easy," Harry confessed in a whisper as they went to Draco's wing of the mansion.



"You're a Malfoy in all but name Harry," Draco told the Gryffindor. "And you're already a Black. You're family and family above all else is important. We'll defend and protect you. You're my family."



Green eyes met gray and held them. Harry felt something within him click into place when Draco said he was Harry's brother.



"And you're my family," Harry told the Slytherin.



"Come with me," Draco impulsively grabbed Harry by the hand and led him into his rooms.



The Slytherin abruptly dropped Harry's hand and began rooting around in a chest of drawers. Finally he let out a sound of triumph as he removed a small and slim black wooden box. He opened the box and pulled out a dagger that had been resting on a bed of white crushed velvet.



"I swear from this day forth that Harry James Potter-Black shall forever be my partner," Draco spoke from his heart as he took the dagger and sliced his right palm open with it. "That nothing shall come between that we will not resolve. I will swallow pride, greed, lust, and other negative emotions and thoughts that might cause me to do harm to my brother. I shall protect, defend and care for my brother and welcome him always."



"I swear from this day forth that Draco Lucius Alexander Malfoy shall forever be my partner," Harry took the dagger from Draco and cut open his right palm. "There shall be nothing that will come between us that we will not resolve together. I will not be afraid to lean on my brother, ask for help or shut my brother out. I will protect, defend and care for my brother and welcome him always."



The two clasped their hands together and felt the blood and magic flow in and around them.



"So this means we're partners now right?" Harry asked hesitantly.



"Do you even know what we just did?" Draco looked at Harry in disbelief.



"Um, I have an idea," Harry cast his eyes downward sheepishly.



"We bound ourselves with magic to be partners," Draco explained marveling over the fact that Harry had entered into such a strong bond without hesitation. "It's like the relationship between to warriors in ancient Sparta. You are a member of my family now just as Iam yours. The magic will keep us from banishing each other from the family. It's not something entered into lightly since it can't be undone."



"So we're not anything like blood-brothers," Harry smiled in relief. "Cause I think the feelings I have for you aren't ones a person would have for their brother. I'm going back to my room. Goodnight."



Harry left a stunned Draco in his wake.



Morning came and the Weasley's arrived with it. Six of Molly and Arthur's seven children came out of the Floo one after the other just in time for breakfast. The large group gathered in the dining room and ate buffet style.



Mrs. White, Fleur and Gabrielle came by portkey. The little Veela girl Gabrielle ran to Harry and climbed into his lap ignoring everyone else. Bill gave his girlfriend Fleur a peck on the cheek and pulled up a seat next to him at the table. Mrs. White brought out several packages of homemade treats that she un-shrunk and a bag which she passed to Remus.



"Well Draco we should probably grab our guests who need help getting here," Harry stood placing Gabrielle on the floor.



"Can I come?" Gabrielle looked up at her hero.



"I don't know Gaby," Harry glanced over at her big sister. "You'll have to ask Fleur."



"So long as Haree promises to look out for you," Fleur spoke with much better English now.



"Come on then Gaby," Harry took the little girl by the hand and left from the room.



Michael Corner was waiting on the edge of his families property when Harry Apparated in holding on to Gabrielle. The Ravenclaw had several shrunken bags with him. Michael took one last look behind him at his house and then gave the two a wan smile and told them he was ready to go. Harry gave him the coordinates to Justin's house and they Apparated away.



They appeared in the Finch-Fletchly's living room. Justin and his mother were sitting waiting on the couch. The Hufflepuff had a few bags and his school trunk which he promptly shrunk.



"Welcome Harry, Michael," He nodded to the two. "Who's the squirt?"



"This is the lovely Lady Gabrielle Delacour," Harry intoned seriously. "She's certainly not a squirt."



"Ah, I apologize my lady," Justin sketched a sloppy bow to the young Veela.



"Take care of yourself Justin," His mother gave his shoulder a quick squeeze. "Remember to owl your Uncle in Ireland to reach us."



"Are you moving Mrs. Finch-Fletchly?" Harry asked Justin's mother.



"We are Mr. Potter," Mrs. Finch-Fletchly said. "For a few years at least."



"Bye mum,"Justin stepped over to Harry, Gabrielle and Michael.



Harry took Gabrielle by the hand and both Justin and Michael put hands on Harry's shoulder and he Apparated them to Malfoy Manor. Harry noticed Gabrielle was a bit dizzy from all the Apparating so he picked her up and carried her into the Manor. Blinka, one of Malfoy Manors House Elves, came and led the group to the room where the buffet was still set up. Everyone who they had invited and who had accepted their invitations were already present, seated and waiting.



Madame Bones was next to Remus and her niece. Healer Li was with his granddaughter near Narcissa, clearly showing that the Li's were joined with Harry.



"Harry we were just waiting on you," Narcissa picked up her tea cup. "Your friends and their guests are waiting for you and Draco to explain things."



"Well then," Harry moved to the foot of the table where Draco was standing. "I guess we'll give everyone here the explanation before we move into visiting with one another."



"Harry came up with this idea shortly after Voldemort was reborn in our Fourth Year,"Draco, ever the consummate politician began. "He decided that since Voldemort was so keen on destroying him that he should try and oppose him to have a chance against defeating him. His first step was to collect close friends like Granger and Weasley. From there he branched out to a few Professors and other adults who could help to train him and his friends and get them materials to study. Then he decided that the small handful he had needed to expand so he started recruiting from the other Houses in the school. Last year he managed to snag Blaise Zabini who is our spy in Slytherin House. This past summer my father was killed by Voldemort even though he was long considered to be Voldemort's right hand. Harry recruited me next by offering me first a chance to get revenge and along with that to make things right. We decided that besides getting rid of Voldemort we needed to change the Wizarding World so that another Dark Lord could not rise in Voldemort's place."



"Look at Grindelwald," Harry broke in to Draco's explanation. "And less than forty years later we have another Dark Lord. The Wizarding World is prejudice against Muggles, Muggleborns and other Magical races of intelligence like Goblins and Centaurs. Having so many groups to use as scapegoats makes it easy for a Dark Lord to recruit others who dislike those groups. So we came up with goals for after we got rid of Voldemort and his followers. We felt that having Muggleborns educated about Wizarding traditions and some of the great families who have a lot of influence within our world would be a good start. Also we noticed that most Muggleborns, if they don't marry another Wizard, tend to go back to the Muggle world because there aren't any jobs available to them. Our world loses people that way so the next idea we had would be to create jobs for Muggleborns and also give them a bit more education about the types of jobs in the Wizarding World. Does everyone follow that so far?"



Many heads nodded. Remus was smiling proudly at Harry and both Narcissa and Pansy were both giving the two young men pleased looks. Harry had never been a good public speaker until he had asked Hermione to help him. He supposed that he could learn the finer points later on from either Narcissa or Pansy who were good at using both body language and their tone of voice to get people to listen.



"I have no desire to overthrow our current government," Harry pressed on. "But the way it is being run now will not help us prepare to defeat Voldemort or his Death Eaters. It certainly won't help us in trying to make things better for the future.

"The Founders Order, as we have named our group, intends to do both these things. We first will prepare for war. That might mean we have to break some laws and learn some dark spells but we will not be like Voldemort. We will defend the people we can and fight against the Death Eaters and Voldemort where they appear. We will ally ourselves with other races so they support our cause or so they at least promise not to ally themselves with Voldemort. We will not be killing indiscriminately or forcing people to join and help us."



Harry paused for several moments to allow what he had said to sink into everyone's minds.



"Have you even tried to approach Minister Fudge to see if you could work with the Ministry?" Madame Bones demanded to know before Harry could continue on.



Harry's jaw clenched as he recalled a few of the things that the Minister had done over the years in regards to him.



"I have my differences with the Minister and the Ministry," Harry began with a blank expression. "For starters the Ministry was responsible for Sirius Black never having a trial and being sent to Azkaban for twelve years when he was innocent. For another I was tried before the Wizengamot for casting a Patronus to keep two Dementors from giving both myself and my cousin the Kiss. Those two Dementors were sent to my neighborhood by Dolores Umbridge in the hopes that I would in fact be Kissed. Not only that but while Umbridge was at Hogwarts she used a Bloodquill during her detentions. I bear a scar that says, "I will not tell lies" from those detentions.

"I, along with Albus Dumbledore, tried to tell Minister Fudge that Voldemort had risen again. I even offered to put my memories in a Pensieve to be viewed but the Minister would not accept even that. Bartimus Crouch Jr., who had been posing as Mad-Eye Moody the entire year, was given the Kiss before he could even be questioned about his involvement in bringing Voldemort back. Even now Minister Fudge will not listen to me when I tell him of things Voldemort is up to or things he is hoping to accomplish. I cannot continue to sit by and watch as more people die."



Madame Bones listened to his words and inclined her head in agreement, "I can see now why you might not wish to have anything to do with the Minister or the Ministry. If I had known about Dolores Iwould certainly have pressed to have her tried. As it is she still remains in the mental ward at St. Mungo's."



"Some of you might suggest that we ally ourselves with Dumbledore but there are several reasons why we won't," Draco carried on with their presentation sensing Harry's discomfort from speaking about Fudge and Umbridge. "For one Dumbledore withholds important information from Harry who is important in this war against Voldemort. Dumbledore also sees no reason to try and educate Muggleborns about the Wizarding World and our customs but he expects Wizards to learn about Muggle culture."



"What do you mean Harry's important in the war?" Roger Davies frowned thoughtfully. "I understand that he is the Boy-Who-Lived and that Voldemort wants to kill him. But does it really matter if Dumbledore doesn't tell him every little thing?"



Draco kept silent. His brother would have to explain this to everyone. Harry looked around the table at everyone seated there. None of them knew exactly why he was important, it was a question he had never answered before the few times it had been asked of him, but now it was clear that everyone was expecting some kind of answer. Madame Bones was paying close attention, Remus and Narcissa looked a bit worried, and Hermione was nearly on the edge of her seat in anticipation of learning why.



"There are some very good reasons why I need to know all the information Roger," Harry drew in a deep breath and struggled to speak clearly. "The first being that I have a connection to Voldemort through this scar," He drew back the fringe on his forehead to show the curse scar there. "I can sense his moods when he's really happy, angry, agitated or excited. If I know about something that the side against Voldemort is doing or something that he might be up to I can tell if it's something he thinks will work or something he might be worried about. Also sometimes when I hear something or learn something it can trigger a vision when I'm asleep or even while I'm awake if he's cursing someone. The other reason, which is probably the most important, is that there was a Prophecy made about Voldemort and me."



There were several gasps of shock when Harry revealed that his scar tied him to Voldemort. Several people looked afraid of him now. He felt exposed and a bit sad that people looked at him as though he were dangerous.



"What does the Prophecy say Harry?" Narcissa asked pale from his revelations.



"I can't say unless everyone here is an Occlumens," Harry gave a half hearted shrug of apology. "The gist of it is that I have the ability to defeat Voldemort. The part he already knows is this: The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not .../]

[/The rest of the Prophecy isn't safe for you to know yet and most of you probably won't want to know."




"So then you are the one who can defeat him," Madame Bones swallowed a lump in her throat. "If that's the case than Minister Fudge and the rest of the bureaucrats at the Ministry are fools."



"I'll understand if anyone wishes to leave," Harry stood up straight and once again looked the table of people in the eye. "Especially since the brunt of Voldemort's plans won't just be taking over but also killing me and those on my side."



"I've been your best friend ever since the train ride to Hogwarts before we were Sorted," Ron stood up from his seat beside Hermione and his brothers and sister. "We've dealt with Mountain Trolls, possessed teachers, giant spiders, jealousy, Umbridge, and I even broke you out of your house. If you think that I'm backing out now mate your crazy."



Ron gave Hermione's shoulder a quick squeeze before he left his place at the table and stood off to one side of the room a bit behind Harry.



"You saved me from that Mountain Troll and we've shared so many other adventures Harry," Hermione smiled warmly. "Besides you give me a challenge that my school work just can't come close to."



"You saved my life in the Chamber of Secrets," Ginny Weasley also moved to leave the table. "And you became my friend."



"Mate, you're our financial backer,"Fred said.



"It only makes sense to see our investor is safe," George grinned joining Hermione and the other Weasley's.



"I've gotten to know you through letters and the Goblins speak highly of you," Bill shrugged and joined his siblings.



"Anyone who can out fly a dragon is ok in my book," Charlie followed after Bill.



"You're giving me a chance to fight for my future," Pansy was next to join the growing group. "You look past my house and my treatment of you in the past and see who I am."



"You gave us another option besides taking the Mark," Daphne joined her friend. "You're gray, you don't fault us for knowing some Dark Arts you just care how we use them."



"You brought Cedric back," Cho rose next. "And you've always tried your hardest to protect us and prepare us."



Others rose and repeated things that Harry had done or said something about the type of person he was. Narcissa brought up his treatment of her son, Remus his promise to James and then Sirius and his own experience when he had taught Harry in third year.



"Many of you know who I am," Healer Li stood with his family. "Harry Potter took care of my family after a Dementor attack on our home. He taught my granddaughter how to cast aPatronus and is allowing us to remain here at Malfoy Manor for the duration of the war. He is powerful but more than that he is honorable."



"You have the support of many people Mr. Potter," Madame Bones finally said after nearly everyone had joined up behind Harry and Draco. "Both from the Light and Dark families, including my own niece. I may not like that you've cut out going through proper channels at the Ministry but it has failed you time and again. If there is anything I can do to help you Mr. Potter I will do so. You can trust me to keep your secrets and help your cause."



"Thank you Madame Bones," Harry's knees felt a bit weak. "It's good to know that you all support me. Most of those here I'll be looking to for advice and support in the coming conflicts. I know that I can't be the only one making decisions but I hope that all of you know that not everyone will know everything. There are some things that can't be known by more than one or two people."



"We can understand that Harry," Pansy spoke up. "You've told us that before."



"Mr. Potter, could I have a moment alone with you," Madame Bones requested.



Harry nodded. Narcissa had two House Elves bring more refreshments and offer to show those who were staying the night to rooms they could use. Then she led Remus, Draco, Harry and Madame Bones into a small sitting room. She closed and warded the room so that anything that was said within could not be communicated to anyone who was not present in the room.



"I am aMaster Occlumens Mr. Potter," Madame Bones began without preamble. "I would like to now the entirety of the Prophecy. I have made my decision to support you but I would like to know the Prophecy to make sure that I support you to the fullest extent of my abilities."



"I know that Legilimency doesn't work on Remus," Harry glanced at the werewolf. "Narcissa and Draco are you two Master Occlumens as well?"



"I was raised by the Blacks," Narcissa chided lightly. "Occlumency and Legilimency are taught to all the children who are adept at it. Draco has been trained since he was eight and became a Master Occlumens two years ago."



"Very well," Harry lowered his head and looked at the floor while he recited from memory. "Here it goes: The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies... and that's all of it."



"So you're the only one who can kill You-Know-Who," Amelia Bones was very pale. "It all comes down to the two of you."



"It does," Harry confirmed. "Dumbledore didn't tell me until after the Ministry, just after my godfather had died. And then he sent me back to Privet Drive for the summer where Iremained alone."



Narcissa scowled at that bit of information. It was clear her opinion of the Headmaster had sunk to an all time low.



"Now I understand why you began training harder than ever over the summer and this year," Remus mused. "Dumbledore should have been training you all along."



The small group spent the next several minutes discussing things Dumbledore should have done. Amelia Bones was stunned to learn of the things that should have been done but were not. Narcissa was angry over the new information that she learned about Dumbledore while both Remus and Draco wanted to thrash the Headmaster of Hogwarts and demand answers.



All student members of the executive council of the Founders Order remained at Malfoy Manor for the next ten days along with Fleur and Gabrielle Delacour, Mrs. White, Lee Chang (Cho's older brother), Su Li and her family, Connor and Sam Davies (Roger's older brothers), Laurie (Anthony's older sister), Narcissa and Remus. Harry used his time turner that he had appropriated from the Ministry while battling in the Department of Mysteries, so each day was the equivalent of twenty days. The time turner only sped up time so that one real day was twenty days.



The extra time granted them by the time turner was used to practice dueling and defense. Healer Li and Laurie taught each member healing spells and ways to diagnose and set broken bones before attempting to cure the problems. Fred and George taught everyone how to use the special products they were creating for Harry. There were mist balls but if one wore goggles provided by the twins it was as though no mist was present. There were also ball nets which on contact with a person caused a web to sprout around a person and trip them up. There were a few other nastier surprises as well, new and improved portable swamps and other small squares and balls that released stunning lights or shrapnel or acted as grenades.



All in all toward the end of break the executive council and their outside help were comfortable with one another and highly trained. Returning to Hogwarts and recruiting seemed to be an easy thing. The only stumbling block would be Dumbledore or one of the other Professors who did not know about their plans, which was everyone except Snape.

Sign up to rate and review this story