Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Something's Wrong series

Alliances

by Anaknisatanas 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry - Published: 2008-06-14 - Updated: 2008-06-14 - 1791 words

0Unrated


ALLIANCES

AN: A huge thank you Jaybird who has beta'd this entire series for me. Any mistakes left are mine.





The Forbidden Forest no longer seemed as dangerous as it once did when he was younger. Harry was confident in his own abilities to take care of himself from any dangerous creatures that might be housed within the dark pathways. He supposed that Hagrid viewed the Forest as a fun excursion for an afternoon walk. He viewed it as a beautiful but deadly creature that might turn on you at any moment. But that was also a great part of its appeal to him.



A cool wind passed through the trees and night seemed to be pressing in on all sides but still Harry continued deeper into the forest. The dark had never been a fear of his, being shut in his cupboard with no light had kept him from fearing the dark. He had unusually good night sight and decided against using his wand to light his way as he moved through the rarely trodden paths.



Once again he heard the Centaurs before he saw them. Ronan and Bane were among the small scouting party and this time no weapons were raised at him.



"Greetings star gazers," Harry said to the group.



"Come Harry Potter," Ronan spoke. "Our elders wish to meet you."



The five Centaurs turned as one and quickly disappeared into the trees, Harry jogged after them knowing that he would have to keep one in sight to make sure he didn't get lost. They led him to aclearing that was deep in the Forest, away from any prying eyes or ears that the Headmaster might have placed around.



"Welcome wizard," A Centaur with a long gray beard and many battle scars said. "It has been long since one of your kind was indeed welcome in these woods."



"I thank you for allowing me to be in your presence to hear your words," Harry kept his hands at his sides to show he was no threat.



"We have long distrusted words from wizard-kind," Another old Centaur told the youth. "It was a descendent of the lion who first betrayed us."



"We have looked to the heavens," The first Centaur spoke. "They tell many things of late, things that have us wondering about the world outside our forests. What can you tell us?"



Harry took a breath, "Voldemort is gathering forces. At Hogwarts there are three separate sides, Voldemort's, Dumbledore's and my own. Outside the school the Ministry is making a mess of things, Dumbledore does little more than clean up after Voldemort's attacks while Voldemort makes everyone cringe in fear and hide inside."



"And what do you do Harry Potter?" They asked.



"I'm watching and gathering support," Harry responded truthfully. "Then I will break away from Dumbledore and the Ministry and fight against Voldemort. After Voldemort is defeated I intend to change the Ministry and its policies against the intelligent Magical creatures and races."



"I am Chalad," The elder who had first spoken to Harry introduced himself. "I have Seenin the stars the conflict between former allies, I have Seen the chaos that approaches. Stand ready heir of Gryffindor, son of Slytherin."



"I am Hilnor," The second Centaur elder said. "I have Seen the fights among the leaders of your people. They will get worse and stand against you. Stand ready heir and son, they come for you."



"There was no need to give me warning," Harry chose his words carefully. "But I hear and understand and thank you for speaking of this to me. What you See among the skies has long been sought after by my people, but I will not demand this of you. What you See and choose to speak of is your choice and yours alone."



"We offered this gift thinking you would be like the rest who have sought alliances with us in the past," Chalad said. "Yet you speak differently than the others, and wisely. There is much to See of late, and much of it revolves around you."



"We have reached our decision Harry Potter," Hilnor stepped closer to the wizard. "We will ally with you. Long have our people been warriors and Seers, long have we been mistreated by wizard-kind. You offer change, and while we are not as used to change as some, we See what we need do. We will protect this Forest, and should the castle fall under attack we will protect its grounds."



"We will go where you need us, for once we were nomad clans," Chaladcame even closer to Harry. "We are the eldest in Britain and the other clans will listen to our words and will be against Voldemort. We offer still more, in that we will train some of your kind."



"You have given more than I asked for," Harry sucked in a breath in surprise. "I am beyond thanks. I will see that you are provided with potions and medical aid should you require it. I know not if I can get you wands to do magic but I will see if I can craft you staffs. Again I will offer you Forests of your own and give you voices in the government. If you need aid from me I will spare all Ican. May I send my owl Hedwig to you with a message when I have communication devices prepared for our use?"



"You may," Chalad allowed. "Send it to any Centaur in the Forest, they will know what to do. Would you like an escort back to the castle?"



"No thank you, I intend to stop by and visit with Aragog,"Harry declined.



"Farewell for now Harry Potter," Hilnor said as the others left the clearing.



Harry reoriented himself and headed for the northern part of the Forbidden Forest where the Acromantula lair was. The trees began to get bigger and there were more roots to trip him up. It was so dark that he risked using a Lumos charm so he could watch his footing and keep himself from stumbling. He saw several spiders peering at him, and the deeper he went the bigger the spiders became. Harry was glad Ron was up in the castle, as the red head would probably have passed out by now. Harry made a mental note to try and get Ron over his fear of spiders.



Before he could react he was grabbed up by a set of pinchers from behind. Surprisingly, the spider that had him held him in a gentle grip so Harry decided not to struggle even though his heart felt like it would pound its way from his chest. The spider covered the remaining ground to the lair quicker than he could have even if he had been running.



"Greetings Harry Potter, slayer of our enemy," Aragog clicked his mighty pinchers together. "What brings you to our home?"



"I just came from a meeting with the Centaurs," Harry said, still in the spiders grip. "They have allied with us."



"Your list grows longer," Aragog noted with pleasure.



The giant spider that held him set him gently on the ground and disappeared back into the trees.



"How are your children?" Harry politely asked.



"They are well," Aragog sounded like any proud father. "Mosag my mate took many of the older children to look for a new lair for them."



"I wish your mate luck in finding a suitable lair for your children and for her safe return to your side," Harry said. "I was hoping that one or two of your children might consent to live with me up in the castle. I find that I am in need to some protection and spies."



"I will talk your request over with my children once they are all gathered here," Aragog promised. "Those who wish to aid you will find their way to you."



"Thank you Aragog," Harry felt relieved. "I must return to the castle now."



"I will have my children safely deliver near to the hut of friend Hagrid,"Aragog said.



The same giant spider quickly came forward and grabbed Harry up before he could protest and took off with him. The giant spider set Harry gently on the ground near the edge of the Forest and disappeared quickly into the inky blackness. Smoke poured out of the half-giant's hut and Harry could hear Hagridplaying on his tin flute inside. For several minutes he contemplated sneaking back into the castle but instead he activated his portkey to Malfoy Manor.



"Master Harry!" A house-elf appeared in front of him. "Mistress wants to speak to you. Come with Nilly."



Harry followed after the tiny House-elf who kept glancing over her shoulder to make sure that Harry was still behind her. Narcissa was in the conservatory, sitting on a chaise lounge with a tea set on a nearby table.



"I wasn't expecting you here but the wards alerted me to your presence," Narcissa smiled gently at Harry who stood before her. "If you are still worried about your relatives you might consider sending them away to Australia."



Harry nodded, "I'll think about it. Nilly said you needed to speak with me?"



"There are whispers about Fudge and Dumbledore coming to an agreement about you Harry," Narcissa sat up and made room for Harry to sit on the end of the lounge. "Sit," She patted the space beside her.



Harry took a seat and tried to wrap his mind around Fudge and Dumbledore getting along well enough to plan something and carry it out. It seemed unlikely but he knew that Narcissa would have checked her facts. He took the cup of tea she offered him with a grateful smile.



"What would you suggest I do?" Harry cradled his steaming cup of tea in both hands.



"I don't know," Narcissa gave his should a gentle squeeze. "But you need to be ready to take Hogwarts soon. I will send Charlie and Bill Weasley portkeys to the Manor. They can reach Hogwarts from here easily enough."



"Bill, Hermione and Padma have been looking into the wards at Hogwarts and learning the older set of wards to put up over the newer ones," Harry said. "We have the location for them to begin the casting undisturbed, and it should only take them a few hours to manage it."



Narcissa nodded approvingly, "You should meet with your classmates and have everything organized so that you can implement the take-over at a moments notice. Now you really should return to school. It's late and I don't want you falling asleep in class."



Narcissa stood and gave Harry a warm hug and released him. The last thing he saw before he portkeyed away was her smiling face.

Sign up to rate and review this story