Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > What Happened to Us?

Another School Year

by crazyfrogpond 0 reviews

Sasuke and Naruto have always been best friends since the beginning of time. They tell each other everything, no matter how awkward it may seem. They are best friends afterall, right? So why does N...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Itachi,Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2008-06-16 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 2827 words

0Unrated
What Happened to Us?

Summary:
Sasuke and Naruto have always been best friends since the beginning of time. They tell each other everything, no matter how awkward it may seem. They are best friends afterall, right? So why does Naruto feel as if Sasuke is pushing him away? And why does Sasuke suddenly look so damn ill? Just what exactly is going on?

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto or any other of the characters!! (Except for the few that I make up.) If I owned Naruto, I wouldn't be so damn poor and anyone who dared to call Naruto a loser in the series would randomly get slapped across the face!! LOL. So you can try to sue me, but the only thing I have that's worth anything is a package of spearmint gum. Sad, isn't it?

Ages: Naruto 17, Sasuke 18, Sakura 18, Itachi 22, Kyuubi 20, Neji 18, Hinata 17, Gaara 18

Chapter 1: Another School Year


"Somebody please kill me!!! I can't take this anymore!"

A boy with bright blond hair and blue eyes yelled loudly to anyone who would listen. However, the other students in the study hall simply ignored him. Afterall, they had long since become accustomed to Naruto Uzumaki's antics. The blond boy huffed when he realized that no one was listening to him and returned to writing his essay.

Man, he was sick of essays!!!! Wasn't Senior year supposed to be the easiest year out of his entire highschool time? That's what his older brother had told him, and apparently the bastard was full of shit! This year so far had sucked!!! He couldn't remember the last time he had a moment of peace!!! How in the hell could his brother think this was easy?

He had been writing essay after essay since the school year had first started! He had to write an assortment of college admittance essays, and every damn college wanted an essay on a different subject!!! Then he had to write a ton of scholarship essays so that he could afford to go to college. School hadn't even reached the half-year point and he was already worn out!!!! How did his brother survive this bullshit!?

Well, on second thought... Kyuubi was a complete slacker. He had gone on to college, which was a complete shocker to Naruto, and was doing alright in his second year. Kyuubi was smart as hell!!! However, in highschool his older brother had preferred to ditch school and chase around women. Yes, WOMEN.

Kyuubi had always had a thing for older women. Don't get it twisted. His brother didn't have a thing for old ladies, he just liked being around more mature women in their older twenties and early thirties.

"They don't bitch about every damn thing! They're just easier to get along with. Besides, they know what the hell they're doing in bed!!!"

His brother had said that to him while packing his stuff to go to college. Naruto remembered blushing at his brother's confession, and then throwing his brother's favorite shirt out the window when Kyuubi made fun of him for it. Naruto had never been in a serious relationship before. Actually... He hadn't been in ANY kind of relationship before! His brother would often tease him and call him a prude as a result.

Naruto had never had any time to deal with the opposite sex... or same sex for that matter. Naruto was gay. Plain and simple as that. He had realized this in his Freshman year of highschool when he had practically been molested by one of the school's most beautiful girls! The girl had literally begged him to fuck her, and all he had been thinking about was "who was that cute boy that was sitting behind me in math class?" Oh yeah, Naruto was totally gay.

However, Naruto wasn't something that would scare the little kids to the point of tears. He was actually quite handsome. Okay, he was drop-dead gorgeous! But hey, who's bragging? He had beach-blond hair and sparkling crystal, blue eyes. His skin was a golden-tan tone, and it probably was softer than a baby's behind. On each of his cheeks there were three whisker-like scars, yet these did nothing to decrease Naruto's beauty. In fact, they mesmorized the other students who wondered how he had received them.

Naruto was proud to admit that many students within his highschool, both girls AND boys, wished he could be their boyfriend. Yet Naruto had never had time for a relationship. Although Kyuubi was a slacker, he had ranked third in his graduating class. The bastard hadn't even put that much effort into his school work! Still, Kyuubi was a genius without motivation.

"So what if I'm wasting my potential? I'd much rather travel the world and see what's out there than sit behind some boring business desk for the rest of my life! Grey-painted office walls and bald men in suits as a daily work environment? Can you say snooze-fest?"

Kyuubi was a free soul. In fact, it was for this very reason why every female just couldn't seem to get enough of him! That and his brother's god-like appearence. Apparently, good looks ran throughout the family. His brother had bright green eyes, and flaming orange hair. He was also tall. VERY tall! Kyuubi had always towered over Naruto, who was a bit on the short side. Kyuubi also has a well-muscled body, where as Naruto's was a bit feminine in shape.

As a result, Naruto was often targeted by bullies back in elementary school. However, Kyuubi had always been there to protect him, no matter what. Although Naruto had appreciated his brother's protection, he didn't like feeling defenseless. Therefore Naruto had taught himself the martial arts, training night and day. He still possessed his feminine body, but Naruto had become incredibly strong. He could even kick Kyuubi's ass now!

Naruto loved his elder brother more than life, yet he had always tried to be better than Kyuubi. Afterall, who enjoys living in someone else's shadow? Naruto had also pushed himself to do well in his school studies. He wasn't exactly what you would call a genius, but he worked hard in his academic career.

So far it had paid off. He was second in his class! He had surpassed his brother once again! Even more importantly, he had surpassed Sakura! Little miss smarty-pants had been furious at first, but she soon got over it and congratulated Naruto for all his hard work.

Sakura Haruno was a pink-haired girl with sea green eyes. She was also one of Naruto's closest friends. At first, Naruto had found her to be kind of annoying. However, after he had the chance to get to know her a little more, he had been able to admit that she was indeed a good friend. Naruto met Sakura after he had entered highschool. They had the same English class together, and the teacher had assigned them seats next to one another. Things had fallen into place shortly after.

Sakura trusted Naruto so much she told him everything! Every one of Sakura's little dark secrets had been revealed to Naruto within a month! Sometimes Naruto wondered where in the hell Sakura got the courage to even SPEAK the things she told him! If you really didn't want someone to spread your business, the best thing you could do was NOT tell them.

Right?

Wasn't telling someone a dirty little secret a giant risk to take in Highschool? The hell-hole that thrives on gossip, rumors, and humiliation? Not that Naruto had ever repeated ANYTHING Sakura had told him. He just found it incredibly amazing that she had so much trust in him.

Naruto finished writing his essay, silently rejoicing in his head. He had already screamed once that period, and he didn't want to risk getting a detention. Naruto decided that since he still had some time left, he might as well finish drawing the picture he has started three days ago. Naruto opened his orange-colored back pack and withdrew his black sketchpad along with a pencil. After returning the rest of his items into their proper place in the bag, Naruto turned towards the window to finish drawing his recent obsession.

Sasuke Uchiha.

The raven haired boy sat next to the window, fully concentrating on whatever he was working on. His intense dark eyes squinting from the sun's light, his mouth in a grim line. This is how other people usually saw Sasuke. However, Naruto had seen Sasuke smile and laugh! Naruto had nearly had a heart attack the first time Sasuke had smiled at him! He had believed that Sasuke was unable to express any other emotions besides contempt and disgust.

Sasuke was also Naruto's friend. In fact, he was even closer to Naruto than Sakura was. They had been friends since Pre-School! Naruto clearly remembered the first day he had met Sasuke.

~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~

He had been sitting on the swing hidden within shadow. Naruto had been crying because all the other kids kept calling him a girl, and the boys wouldn't let him play any games with them. They told him that they didn't want to get in trouble for playing rough with a girl.

Naruto had been devasted. Not even the girls wanted to play with him. As they had put it, 'boys shouldn't be prettier than girls!' So Naruto sat by himself in shadow, wanting nothing more than to go home and play with his big brother. Naruto had been so busy feeling sorry for himself, that he didn't notice someone coming up behind him. The young blonde boy nearly had a stroke when he felt someone start to push him on the swing.

Naruto looked behind him and locked eyes with a pale, raven-haired boy. The boy said nothing to Naruto, but simply continued to push the blonde on the swing.

"Um... Why are you pushing me?"

"Because you're on a swing, and you're supposed to swing on a swing. You were just sitting there by yourself. If you want to sit, then you should sit on a bench which is where people are meant to sit. Dobe..."

"What did you call me, teme?!"

Sigh

"Do you even know what that word means, dobe?"

".....No! But my daddy always says it to my Uncle Jiraiya when he visits me and my brother!"

"Why would your father call your uncle a teme? You must have one strange family..."

"Well, Uncle Jiraiya always gives me and my brother these strange books called 'Icha Icha Paradise'. I think it's nice of him, but daddy doesn't like the books. He says they're pre-vee-ted."

"The correct word is 'perverted' and your father is right. You have a brother?"

"Yup!!!! His name's Kyuubi and he's the coolest person in the whole wide world!!! Well...after daddy he's the coolest person in the world...Don't you have any sisters or brothers?"

"I have an older brother..."

"COOL! What's his name? Is he nice? Does he play with you? Does he---"

"I can only answer one question at a time, dobe. His name is Itachi. No, he is not nice and he does not play with me. Uchihas do not have time to play. We spend most of our time studying and working."

"Oh... Wait. Uk-he-has? That sounds familiar... Is that your family name? HEY!!!! You never told me your name!"

"Uchiha. My name is Sasuke Uchiha. And you never told me your name either, dobe."

"Stop calling me that, teme!!! My name is not dobe, it's Naruto!!! Naruto Uzumaki! Believe it!"

"Well, it was a pleasure meeting you...dobe."

"GRRR! Sas-GAY!!!"

"Tch... You probably don't know what that word means either."

"SHUT UP!!!"

~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~

Naruto chuckled to himself as he remembered how Sasuke used to always tease him. The Uchiha heir enjoyed pissing him off, but it made Naruto happy that at least someone was willing to spend time with him. Even if that someone could be an egotistical, sarcastic bastard at times. Naruto considered Sasuke as his best friend, and Sasuke, although he would probably never admit it, recognized Naruto as his best friend.

However, recently Sasuke had become distant. Now, Naruto had always known that Sasuke wasn't exactly the touchy-feely type. Hell, one could characterize the Uchiha as a cactus. Trying to cuddle with Sasuke could cause extreme detriment to your health. How? Simple: He would kill you. The cold Uchiha hated being touched, with the exception of Naruto.

Yet, Sasuke had started becoming cold towards Naruto also. Usually, his bad temper was reserved specially for the other annoying students, who constantly tried to impress him. So when Sasuke had started to ignore Naruto, the blonde-knucklehead was shocked.

Naruto wasn't angry though. He, more than anyone else, fully understood all the stress the Uchiha was under. Sasuke's parents were both highly intellectual professionals. Sasuke's mother, Mikoto, was a famous biologist known around the world, while his father, Fugaku, was an extremely successful businessman. "Successful" meaning "one of the richest men in the world."
Sasuke was expected to become great like his parents, and failure was not accepted in his family. Throughout his entire life, Sasuke had been required to be the best in everything. Only by being perfect could the young Uchiha gain his parents' affection.

Sasuke also had to compete with his elder brother, Itachi Uchiha. Itachi had already graduated from highschool as valedictorian in his senior class. He was now attending one of the most prestigious colleges, meanwhile working as Fugaku's partner in business. Itachi was expected to someday take over his father's place completely.

Meanwhile, Sasuke's mother had spent most of her time encouraging the youngest Uchiha son to become a doctor. Sasuke floated in his mother's attention, and planned to study medicine as soon as he graduated from highschool. Of course, if Sasuke was to become a well-known doctor, he would have to work really hard in his studies. Which he did.

Yet, Sasuke was involved in a great deal of school clubs. Honor society, basketball, soccer, and lacrosse were just a few of his daily activities. All in all, the Uchiha heir was absolutely perfect. Which is probably why he has so many damn fangirls. If Naruto hadn't been gay before, he definately would've turned gay after meeting Sasuke's infinite fangirls. Kami, Naruto had never heard such high-pitched squeals in his entire life!!!

Nevertheless, Naruto felt as if his friendship with Sasuke was slowly slipping away, and it frightened him. Sasuke was the only person he had ever really learned to trust, other than his father and Kyuubi. The fact that Sasuke was becoming cold even towards him worried the blonde boy.

As the ramen-loving youth contemplated his dark haired friend, said friend looked up and caught the other staring. However, Sasuke said nothing and made no facial expressions whatsoever. He continued to look at Naruto for a couple more minutes before returning back to his work.
Naruto released the breath that he hadn't realized he was holding. What was up with the sarcastic prick? Sasuke would usually smirk whenever he caught the blonde boy looking at him, or at least make a sarcastic-ass comment that would piss Naruto off!!! Yet lately, he responded to nothing. It was infuriating!!!

No longer desiring to torture himself with the mystery known as Sasuke, Naruto closed his sketch book and decided to take a nap. He would do more detective work later, but right now his head hurt. Naruto laid his head down on his desk and closed his eyes, hoping that the bell would be enough to wake him up when the period was over.

(End Chapter)

Turtle: Well, there's one chapter! Yay for lazy me!!! Please feel free to review and to give helpful suggestions. If you see any spelling or grammar mistakes, do not hesitate to let me know!!! I tried to look over the chapter myself, but I have a strong feeling that I missed alot of them. Also, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them! Seriously, I'll only get upset if someone says something completely pointless and/or useless. Well, that's it! By the way, this is the first fanfiction I have ever posted online.

Sasuke: In other words, it's okay that it totally sucks.

Turtle: What the hell is that suppose to mean?!!!

Sasuke: Your smart, figure it out.

Turtle: Does that bug up your ass ever come out for coffee breaks? You should probably look into getting that removed surgically. Bastard.

Sasuke: Hn... Bitch
Turtle: What did you call me?!

Naruto: Now, come on you two, is this anyway to act in front of your readers?

Turtle pushes Sasuke down a flight of stairs

Naruto: (O_O) Okay, I guess you don't care.

Turtle: Once again, thanks for reading and please review!!! Oh, stop being a whine baby, Sasuke! You're a ninja for godsakes!!! You should be able to recover from "accidents" quickly! Yeesh!
Sign up to rate and review this story