Categories > Movies > Queen of the Damned

Jealous

by 8thdocsgirl 3 reviews

Just a little character piece, from Jesses point of view. What if Louis were to come back into LeStats life?

Category: Queen of the Damned - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Jesse - Published: 2006-02-20 - Updated: 2006-02-21 - 341 words - Complete

1Ambiance
'Louis'
Jesse Reeves whispered the name to herself in the darkness. She tried not to be jealous.
LeStat loved her , yes, but LeStat loved many.
It had been naïve of her to assume she would be the only one, that someone who had lived for two hundred years had had no other loves, and would not have yet more. Marius had counselled her gently to that effect one evening , but she had ignored his friendly warning , so sure of herself and of LeStat.
She had been so in love, but Louis Le Pointe Du Lac had been there long before her , LeStat 's first child, and they had centuries and secrets between them; Jesse saw the way they looked at each other when the dark haired , green-eyed Louis had appeared out of nowhere to visit LeStat one night, felt the awkwardness of LeStat's introductions. Jesse's heart had sank. And yet she couldn't bring herself to hate Louis, so beautiful, so human , so old world charming. He had joined their little coven that same night, making them an even six.
It was Louis who was constantly at LeStat's side now, and who now occupied most of his time, not to mention sharing LeStat's bed.
She tried not to be jealous.
She pretended not to care, and smiled on them both while inside her heart broke in two as she watched the two old friends ,old enemies, old lovers together once more.
It was nearing dawn and she heard not a sound from within the walls of the large, secluded mansion her little family of blood drinkers called home; LeStat and Louis had long retired to the master bedroom, Marius De Romanus and his beloved Armand were tucked away in Marius' studio, and now Jesse sought her own refuge from the coming day in the library, wrapped warmly in the arms of David Talbot. She blinked away her bloody tears, and tried not to be jealous as she snuggled closer into her friends comforting embrace and let the dark sleep take her.
Sign up to rate and review this story