Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stop. Rewind. Replay

Chapter Fifty One

by Silvana 6 reviews

"And suddenly, in the blink of an eye, time had run out."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2008-06-23 - Updated: 2008-06-24 - 729 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fifty One

Her name was Chrissy. She went to a different school. According to Maria, Chrissy had curly ash blonde hair and brown eyes. She was into underground bands, and played guitar. And she was sixteen. It was mid July when I first met her. I’ve got to be honest. I hated from the moment I heard about her.
__________________

It was the end of the school day, and Mikey and Joanna were walking across the front of the school.
“So have you heard from your Dad?” he asked quietly.
She shook her head. “Don’t expect to now.” She sighed. “Still, would’ve been nice.”
He smiled slightly. “Yeah, but maybe he can’t ‘cause of legal stuff. ‘Cause they’re probably still sorting out custody and stuff.”
“Yeah. Maybe. Let’s not talk about it.”
“Hey Mike!”
Mikey looked around and a grin spread across his face. “Hey Chriss!” he called back and almost ran over to a girl who was holding a mountain bike. Anna raised an eyebrow. Was this Chrissy? The Chrissy? She slowly walked over to the now kissing couple. As she reached them, they broke apart.
“Anna, this is Chriss. Chriss, Anna.”
“Hi,” Chrissy said. “Heard a lot about you.”
Anna nodded. “Yeah. You too.”
“So,” Chrissy began. “You wanna come up to castle yard Mike? Room for one more on the bike.”
Mikey nodded. “Yeah. That’d be cool. I’ll see you tomorrow, Anna.”
Anna smiled slightly. “Yeah.”
“Bye,” Chrissy smiled, giving Anna a look that said, ‘ I was once worried about you, because he talks about you a lot, but now that I’ve met you, I have no fear. You are no-one.”
“Bye,” Anna replied, sending a look back that said, ‘you’re older, you’ve got cool piercings and you’re with Mikey. You’re right. I am no-one.’
__________________

It was a couple of weeks later, the last week of term, when they’d been together for about a month, that they went their separate ways.
__________________

“She wanted someone older,“ Mikey shrugged, as Will pored over his maths homework.
“But that’s really mean,” Scarlet commented, her eyes wide.
Mikey shrugged again. “Doesn’t matter.”
__________________

He truly didn’t seem upset. Honestly.
Okay, so I have to admit it. I liked Mikey. In that way. Had done for a while. Okay, a long while. But that’s beside the point. I needed to find out if he liked me, and if maybe, possibly, he wanted to go out.
__________________

“Tell him,” Tristran said, his voice echoing down the phone line. “He’s your friend. If he like you then he’ll tell you, and if he doesn’t then he’ll let you down gently.”
Anna sighed. “It’s not that simple.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’m scared,” she said. “What if he doesn’t-“
”What ifing will get you nowhere,” Tristran said bluntly. “What if Martin Luther King had said,’ ooh, what if they don’t want to hear about my dreams?’ or if Florence Nightingale had said, ‘ooh, what if I’m a really bad nurse?’ or-“
”Okay, okay, okay.” She cut him off. “I get the point. But how? I can’t just blurt it out.”
“Take him aside and tell him. It’s really simple.”
“Can’t I just flirt for a bit first?” she asked hopefully.
“Um-hummm. Most guys will flirt back you know. Just ‘cause they like the attention. Not a great idea.”
Anna sighed. “Fine. I’ll do it. But if it goes horribly wrong can I kill you?”
“No,” he laughed.
She smiled. “Thanks.”
“No problem.”
__________________

So, tell Mikey I like him. Sounds simple. But every time I thought about it my legs turned to jelly, so every time there was an ideal moment, I let it pass me by. Until it was the last day of term. But before I even got to school, Mom hit me with a bombshell. And suddenly, in the blink of an eye, time had run out.


______________________________________________


An:

And the teams are:

TEAM MIKEY: madzMCRMY, clutsy_93, Alyss, Waygasm, Tragicwithacapital T, cherrybomb, linerlover, GhostOfYouMW, Kindersex owns, missyblaqkblush
TEAM WILL: Silvana, sayDIE
TEAM RICK: of which the president and current sole member is pyrotechnicist
TEAM ANTI SCARLET: pyrotechnicist, linerlover, x Charlie x.
and
TEAM TRISTRAN: no-one. :(


And the tallies are as follows:
TM: 10
TW: 2
TR: 1
TAS: 3
Sign up to rate and review this story