Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Camisado

by timetodance 0 reviews

Pretty much just a one shot going along with the lyrics of Camisado.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2008-06-25 - Updated: 2008-06-25 - 1074 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ryan looked through the glass into his father’s hospital room. He’d memorized every detail of the IV and his hospital bed. The car crash was obviously an accident, since obviously no one had wanted it to happen, or had planned it, but it was more so part of a chain of events. He looked around the room, searching for something else to stare at. The specks of color on the floor tiles. Gray, blue, gray, gray, tan, blue, gray, brown. He repeated the color sequence in his head, then added a few more. Blue, tan, brown, brown. He let his head down to rest on the glass and stared at his shoes. He took a deep breath, without even noticing the scent of dead skin on the linoleum floors, or the quarantine wings in the hospital, which so many visits ago to the ICU used to make him sick. Sure it wasn’t very pleasant, and not so conventional, and it wasn’t normal for any one else but him. He was there quite often. Always the same room, which had probably been reserved for his father since he was there so often. There was no one else to stay there with him, so Ryan did. He learned to deal with it.

The anesthetic hadn’t set in, and his father was unconscious, but still in pain. He’d told one of the nurses, but she was busy, and said she’d get to it in a minute. The minute never came. Ryan felt terrible for his father, and always hoped for him to be all right. He wished he didn’t though. He hated the man. He ruined every thing, and he’d cause Ryan and his mother to be taken to the ER a fair amount of times. He was the reason Ryan’s mother had run away. He was also the reason Ryan didn’t have any friends. He was always at the hospital on weekends, and on school nights he stayed until 2:00 AM at the least. He was that weird quiet kid that slept through class, and was always covered in bruises and cuts whom no one wanted to talk to. Sure it wasn’t very pleasant, and not so conventional, and it wasn’t normal for any one else but him. It was his father though, so he learned to deal with it.

“Sweetie, why don’t you go out in the waiting room and sit down?” Jackie said from behind him. She was a nurse at the hospital who used to be very close friends with Ryan’s mother and talked to him when he was there. “You’ve been standing there for hours.”

“No thanks,” Ryan said, still staring at his shoes.

“Okay,” she sighed and walked away

Ryan stayed in the same exact spot, not moving at all. He was fighting with himself over weather or not he should leave. He didn’t owe his father anything, and he’d stayed there every time his father was there for as long as he could remember. He was a regular decorated emergency, from fighting, to alcohol poisoning to car crashes. He’d done everything. Leaving one time wouldn’t hurt. But it was still his father. No matter how much Ryan hated him, he couldn’t bring himself to leave him. He also wanted to tell some one what his father had done to his mother and him. He knew it wasn’t right, and he knew his father should be in jail for it, but he couldn’t make himself betray his father either, which made him hate him so much more.

“Ryan, you should go home, honey. You’re hardly sleeping. It’s unhealthy.” Jackie said
“I’m fine, really.” He put on a fake smile for her

“Honey, it’s four in the morning. You can’t honestly tell me you like spending all of your time here. It’s not normal. I don’t see how you can deal with it all. I got off five minutes ago, I’m taking you home.”

“Don’t trouble yourself, I’m okay.”

“No you’re not. You’re coming home with me weather you like it or not. Now come on, dear. I just have to clock out.”

Ryan reluctantly followed her through the halls of the hospital. She stopped to check all the surveillance cameras, and noticed that George, Ryan’s dad, had woken up. He was causing a commotion on the gurney again. He’d already pulled his IV out, and thrown the metal figure that had been holding it up across the room. Ryan remembered the bruises on his arms being covered by his sleeves. They were from the last time his father had gotten aggravated while Ryan was around. He thanked God that Jackie had pulled him away from the window when she did. He didn’t want any more bruises, or for any one to find out where all of his bruises were coming from. Jackie pressed a red button, and flatly said “Security.” Into a microphone built into the wall. She hadn’t needed to say anything else, for the hospital’s security was so used to going to George’s room. He’d earned himself a place atop the ICU’s hall of fame.

She led Ryan a bit further down the hall, punched a code into a keypad, and then took him out to her car. “You’re coming back to my house. I know if I take you to yours you’ll just be back at the hospital by six. Just sit back and relax.” Jackie said as she pulled out of her parking space. Ryan just nodded, and watched as the hospital grew smaller and smaller out the window. He thought of the IV and the hospital bed, which he had perfectly memorized. Then repeated the color sequence of the specks on the tiles. Gray, blue, gray, gray, tan, blue, gray, brown, blue, tan, brown, brown. ‘There was no accident; it was a chain of events. I have no reason to feel guilty for the stupid things he’s done’ Ryan thought to himself.

“He’s a jackass,” Ryan said. Jackie looked at him waiting for him to continue. “I don’t know why I stay there.”



A/N;; yes, I know Ryan’s dad wasn’t actually like that. Just an alcoholic.
Sign up to rate and review this story