Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

The Haircut

by Life_is_42 3 reviews

A TOTALLY random plotless...and kind of weird one-shot. Jon got a haircut and is slightly upset.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-06-26 - Updated: 2008-06-27 - 1278 words - Complete

0Unrated
So i would just like to note/warn that this is TOTALLY RANDOM AND WEIRD AND POINTLESS AND CLICHE AND CHEESE and has a weird 'train of thought' if you will. You have been WARNED. its a one-shotty snippet of a story.
I don't handle multi-chap fics well...so i'm probably going to stick with lil things like this.
By the way, this is a rather old story that i just found and decided on a whim to revamp a little and post for ya'll's enjoyment. because i like making people smile, and hopefully this will do just that.
and without further ado (i think)...here you go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jon ran a hand over his newly shorn hair and finally ran it over his beard before sighing in frustration. This wasn’t what he had wanted at all. This was…well Brendon would take the mickey out of him for sure. It was just so…short now.

“Thanks,” He muttered in monotone to the barber, dropping a cheque on the counter and pulling his hoodie on as he left the small shop, making sure the hood was way up over his head, pulling on a pair of sunglasses and trying to look suave. In truth he looked utterly ridiculous wearing a hoodie, hood up, in the hot Las Vegas summer weather. But then, he was Jon fucking Walker. He could pull off man-flops, he could pull off anything. He walked a couple of blocks before pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

“Ross, you’re always hungry,” He stated when a groggy, slightly annoyed voice answered, “Come have lunch with me.” He paused, food always cheered him up when he was down, “What do you mean ‘bring you back something’? Like, why can’t you just meet me at the deli?” He didn’t even have to name the place, the Panic! Boys frequented it so often, “Fine, I’ll just like, call your best friend. What do you mean ‘Spencer’s busy’? He can’t be busy, he like never goes anywhere unless it’s like out at night. Whatever, bye dude, I’ll like see you later. For practice. Yeah. Um, were we meeting at four, or what? Cool.”

He hung up, only to dial another number, “Brendonnnnnn,” Jon whined, "haven’t you ever heard of picking up the goddamn phone? No, it’s much better to face that sort of thing by just letting your best friend leave stupid messages on your machine. Anyways I was just going to ask you if you wanted to grab a sandwich my treat— Oh hi, I thought that might get you to answer. No, actually I like wasn’t kidding. I’m bored, hungry, and I want to eat before we practice. Fine. Deli in fifteen minutes. I’m within walking distance, that’s why. Dude. Whatever. Haha. Yeah. Bye.” Brendon. What could be said?

Jon slumped into the little deli, a good ten minutes before Brendon was supposed to show, and grabbed a small table, fiddling with his wallet, checking the amount of money he had, looking at a picture he had forgot to take out of his ex-girlfriend, flipping through old text messages, and finally just sitting and trying to listen in on the argument between a mother and her son before Brendon arrived and headed for the table.

“Dude, like get in LINE before everyone else does.” Jon grinned, getting up and feeling very lucky because at the moment no one was in line to order sandwiches, and for some reason being ‘first’ made Jon feel special. They almost made it except that two women walked in, chatting rapidly to each other (“Next time I’m DRIVING, you nearly killed us!” from the black haired girl, “At least my car isn’t in the shop for repairs only two days after we get here.” From the brown haired girl) and reached the line at exactly the same time, their chatting stopped abruptly.

“Er…” Jon said, hesitant to give up his place in line, and very ready for either ‘nose goes’ or rock paper scissors.

“You guys go ahead.” Brendon said, “I’m still reading the menu.”

“Thank you so much.” The girl with the brown hair said gratefully, “I need to get back in like 10 minutes and pick up my Grandma from a Doctors appointment and…..crap! You were supposed to take Grandpa to his appointment. Shit,” This girl was obviously easily stressed out in life.

“Um…?” Brendon said, as the girls where still standing and blocking the line, and between the two of them. One seemed to be staring at him, the other had stress levels working on overdrive… they freaked him out a little.

“Her car is in the shop for a tune up. She’s supposed to take my Granddad to an appointment, and I’m supposed to be taking my Grandmother back home at the same time…. Shit.” Pause, “Shit…” Longer pause, “Shit. ….um,” she turned to her companion, “…can you get a Taxi home, and get Grandpa and take him to his appointment by Taxi? How much money have you got?”

Her companion was squinting at Brendon and Jon however: it looked as though she was trying to piece two and two together.

“Whoa, you don’t want a Taxi in Las Vegas honey, they’re so expensive.” Brendon cut in, “How about we drive you home to…er…her Grandparents? And if you need we can drop you off at his appointment. Cause I mean, we aren’t doing anything until four. And it’s only twelve now.”

“Yeah plus we have like five dollars between us Denni” The stressed out girl was still muttering.

“Are you a pervert?” The black haired girl, asked in a slightly accusatory manner.. She wore bright coordinated clothing that brought out her bright personality. It was a good look for her, though it contrasted with her friends brown hair that fell to her lower back with a few layers, and rather conservative clothes, a cute t-shirt and jeans with wedges.

“No.” He stared back slightly blankly, “is…there a problem?”

“No, just…you want to give a random girl a ride to her friend’s grandparents house?” she said in wonderment.

“I mean if you don’t want the ride…I just thought you wouldn’t mind a car ride instead of a Taxi” Brendon was sounding offended.

“Let’s just order!” Jon said, rather hungry, and rather upset.

“If it’s not too much trouble, sure I’d love a ride.”

“It’s a deal then,” He turned to the stressed out girl, “See? Problem solved!” he grinned, though he was slightly sarcastic in manner.

Jon laughed inside as he saw the girl’s entire demeanor relax, “Excellent.” She grinned, stepping forward to order, “I’m Cari, by the way.” Jon nodded, “I’m Jon.” She pushed some brown hair behind her ear and said without thinking, “Haven’t I seen you guys somewhere?”

Brendon laughed and turned to Cari’s companion, “I’m Brendon Urie, non perv. Lets be friends!”

The girl laughed, “I’m Denise…or Denni, nice to meet you too.”

And so Brendon drove Denni to pick up Cari’s grandpa and take him to a doctors appointment, and Jon relented his pout-y-ness and accompanied Cari to pick up the grandma, after he had had a sandwich of course, and then the girls were invited to hang out during band practice, as most clichés end anyway. It was the beginning of beautiful friendships, and possibly beautiful relationships…but this story is already cheesy, cliché, and random enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story