Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Mindless Romance

Chapter 3

by GracieFoxx 3 reviews

Extrememly pointless chapter. It'll just give you time to look forward to Chapter 4. =)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-28 - Updated: 2008-06-28 - 1204 words

0Unrated
“Are we ready to go?” The bus diver hollered

“Yeah, let’s go!” Ray answered

“We’re going to Pennsylvania next, aren’t we?” Bob asked.

Frank nodded and turned to me,

“Are your parents coming to any of them?” He asked me.

“Oh! Um, I’m not really sure,” I answered, “The only real reason they were coming was so that they could be there when Mikey proposed, but now I don’t know if they’ll need to.”

“Ava needs to come man.” Frank insisted to Mikey. “It’s the perfect place, perfect timing and she’s the perfect girl for you.”

“I know,” Mikey mumbled. “But she can’t just quit her job.”

“Why not?’ Frank challenged.

“Well-“Mikey started, but then he looked down and thought for a moment. “She does hate her job,” he murmured.

“Exactly,” Frank said, sipping his coffee.

“I’ll talk to her if you want.” Nicole offered.

“Maybe, but I want to try and talk to her myself before I get anyone else involved.”

“Won’t she get a little suspicious if you keep begging her to come?” Bob asked.

“She’ll understand why,” Gerard answered for him. “Mikey hasn’t seen her in a long time and New Jersey is our hometown after all.”

The bus started on its way to Pennsylvania. My stomach started rumbling and I was beginning to regret my choice to sleep in and miss going to breakfast with the others. My stomach threatened me again, so I grabbed some coffee and dry cereal. It was a strange combination I’d grown to like after not having much to eat at all anyway. Then I turned my attention to matters other than my empty bowels…How was I ever going to get half a second alone with Gerard now that everyone was back?

***********Later************

“We’re here!” The bus Driver hollered, waking us all up from our very deserving sleep.
“Let’s go! Start getting things ready guys!”

It was around 2 in the afternoon and the concert didn’t even start for 5 hours, but we had to be there early so that I could set the stage the band could warm up before too many people arrived. We all reluctantly got out of our bunks and headed off the tour bus. Except Nicole, who didn’t have a reason to be there this early, so she simply took up the covers from where Frank had left and rolled over to catch some more sleep.

************************

Pretty soon 2 hours had passed and I had finished setting things up. It was 3 hours before the show started and the band was warming up a little bit. I simply sat backstage and admired my work, but I had to admit, it wasn’t the only thing I was admiring. (And NO, It’s not what you’re thinking!) I marveled at Gerard and Mikey’s ability to push aside their personal problems and focus all of their energy towards the music and their fans. I’d never known anyone who would show that much dedication.

After they’d finished the short practice session I was left to check the stage for any glitches that may rear their ugly heads during the show. I definitely didn’t want Mikey to trip over the amp cord again. Ugh, I’ll never forgive myself for that.
Nothing seemed to be askew, so I headed backstage again.

“Shayde!”

I turned around to see Frank grinning at me.

“Make me pretty, chop, chop!” He demanded jokingly.

I laughed and got out my make-up bag. I applied some eyeliner on him along with a few quick swipes of eye-shadow before letting him go. He thanked me and went back over to his band-mates. Suddenly I felt myself desperately wishing Gerard would come let me do his make-up. Strangely enough, it wasn’t because I wanted to discuss the incident with Lyn-Z, that might depress him right before his show. I simply wanted to chat with him.

************************

It was an hour before the show and the boys were stretching, doing jumping jacks and such, while Nicole and I talked amongst ourselves. Pretty soon it was time to start. They all gave each other high-fives and got on stage. It was an amazing show, as usual. And Gerard, once again, left me snickering at something he said or did on stage. It was about 8 o’clock when the show was over and we stayed for another half an hour so that they could sign autographs and take pictures.

Pretty soon, we hit the road again. We stopped for dinner at a couple of restaurants (which we rarely do) and our options were Golden Coral and KFC. Before we split up we needed to know who was going where. Once again Mikey whispered something to Gerard when no one else was looking but me…

“Okay, all going to Golden Coral?” Bob asked us all.

He, Ray, Frank, and Nicole, all raised their hands. I hesitated and glanced at Mikey…

‘Keep your hand down, and come with Gerard and me,’ he told me with his eyes

I kept my hand to my side, as much as I hated KCF…

“All going to KFC?” Bob continued.

Gerard and Mikey rose their arms to the air and I regretfully joined them. We split up and went on our way. Big Worm came with us, just in case we came across a crazed fan. As we all walked towards the building, I wondered if I should say anything, but judging by the look on the boys’ faces, I decided to keep my mouth shut.

When we got inside the restaurant, we saw only one costumer, a fat bald man eating some greasy chicken breast and mashed potatoes drenched in gravy. At the register there were three teenagers who obviously had no idea what they were doing. Suddenly Gerard turned to me,

“Are you really all that hungry?” he asked me.

I glanced at the fat man and wrinkled my nose.

“No,” I said quickly.

“How about you, Worm?”

“Nah, I’ll probably just get a soda or something,” Big Worm replied

“Do you mind if Mikey, Shayde and I eat alone together?”

‘Woah, he hasn’t even told Worm about this?’ I thought.

“Yeah, that’s fine. You go ahead,” Worm agreed

“Thanks.” Gerard said.

The three of us sat down without ordering. After a long moment of silence, I finally broke it,

“Have you told anyone about what happened besides me and Mikey?” I asked him.

“No…” Gerard answered, “I just don’t know how…”

“What do you mean?” I prodded.

“I hate it when people feel bad for me,” he mumbled.

I looked down. I hoped he wasn’t upset with me just for being a little concerned.

“Why would she do something like this?” I asked quietly.

“I don’t know!” Gerard said loudly throwing his arms into the air, “Ok, maybe you’ll know what she was thinking; I’ll tell you the whole story…”



- - - - - - -
NOTE: Blah, blah, blah... I really hate this chapter simply for being so downright useless. :)
Chapter 4 is destined to be better though!
Sign up to rate and review this story