Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Rocky Horror Connection

by 30STMislove 1 review

A song and a phone call bring two people where they belong.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-06-29 - Updated: 2008-06-30 - 2627 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Hey Gee, can I ask you something?” Frank Iero asked looking up from his book at his friend sitting next to him on the floor of the friend’s bedroom.
Gerard Way looked up from his drawing and replied, “Sure Frankie. What are you wanting to know?”
Frank took a deep breath before asking, “What’s wrong with me Gee?”
“What do you mean by that?” Gerard asked setting down his sketch book, despite the fact that he already knew what Frank meant. Frank had walking in on his fiancé Jamia with another man while she was in a compromising position on the bathroom floor. Frank hadn’t been the same since.
“You know fucking well what I mean. Jamia was cheating on me with that guy. Therefore, I must have done something wrong. Or maybe she was just repulsed by me,” Frank replied getting up from where he was sitting. He walked across Gerard’s basement bedroom and sat down on Gerard’s bed.
Worried about his friend, Gerard got up ad sat next to Frank on the bed. He put an arm around Frank and said, “Listen to me Frankie, you did nothing to deserve what she did to you. She’s a heinous bitch who didn’t know that she had someone amazing right in front of her. She was crazy to do that to someone as special as you.”
Frank smiled at his friend’s kind words. This was the first time that he had ever heard anyone call him amazing or special that wasn’t drunk or that he was fucking. Frank snuggled into his friend and said, “You don’t have to say that Gee. I know I must have done something to make her run into another man’s arms. I just didn’t realize that it would be one of my own friends.”
Gerard sighed as he wrapped his other arm around Frank. He felt bad for that fact that Jamia was cheating on him. What was worse was that it was with his friend Jared. He pulled the smaller man closer to him and said, “I repeat: you did nothing to deserve what she did to you. I mean it Frankie.”
Frank smiled at his friend’s nice words. If only he knew… Frank kept it from everyone for that longest time his feeling for Gerard. He thought of Gerard as more than a friend. He wanted Gerard to know how he felt and to feel the same way about him. But Frank thought that if he told Gerard how he felt Gerard would hate him and never speak to him again. So he was trying to forget about his feelings.
And he believed that maybe by getting engaged to a girl that it would help him get over Gerard and try to be a normal guy with a fiancé. But the whole time he was with Jamia made him think about Gerard more. Maybe this is what he needed. Maybe Jamia was actually bad for him instead of good. But he’d never admit it to anyone. Not even Gerard.
Gerard looked at his troubled friend and asked, “Hey Frankie? Looks like something’s bothering you. Are you okay?”
Frank snapped back into reality and replied, “Yeah Gee. Never better.”
Gerard nodded. He hated to see Frank like this. And over some girl. If only Frank knew… Gerard longed to tell his friend exactly how he felt about him. And maybe, just maybe, Frank would felt the same. But there’s no way in hell that’s ever going to happen. Frank would just end up hating him and never speak to him again. And Gerard couldn’t live with the thought of no more Frank in his life. Everything about Frank made Gerard happy. Except when he’s sad. That’s when Gerard wants to do anything to make Frank feel better. Even if it’s just for a minute. He wouldn’t care. He would do anything to see Frank smile.
Suddenly Gerard got an idea. “Frank,” Gerard said, “come with me.”
Gerard got Frank off of his lap and started walking upstairs into the living room. “Gee, what are we doing?” Frank asked curiously.
“You’ll see,” Gerard said from the living room as he looked through the movies until he found the one he wanted. He hid the movie behind his back with his back to the T.V. when Frank walked in.
“Uh, Gee? What are we doing?” Frank asked once again while sitting on the couch.
“You’ll see Frankie,” Gerard replied when he faced the T.V. and put the movie in front of him. He turned on the DVD player without turning the T.V. on and put the movie in. He didn’t need to see the T.V. to know which scene he needed. After putting the movie in and hitting a few buttons. He knew he was at he main menu. He hit the play button on the DVD player and let the movie run a bit before hitting the search button. When he found the scene he wanted, he paused the movie and put the movie case on top of the DVD player before facing Frank.
“Okay, I’m getting a little annoyed. What the fuck are you doing?” Frank asked.
Gerard smiled before turning the T.V. on. When the T.V. came to life what Frank saw made him squeal. “‘Sweet Transvestite’! Yes!” Frank said getting up from the couch.
Gerard unpaused the movie just in time for the song to start.
“How do you do? I see you’ve meet my faithful handyman. He’s just a little brought down because when you knocked, he thought you were the candyman,” Gerard sang.
“Don’t get stung out by the way I look. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover,” Frank sang as loud as he could.
“I’m not much of a man by the light of day but by night I’m one hell of a lover,” Gerard sang as he threw off his non-existent cloak.
“I’m just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania,” they both sang together.
“Let me show you around. Maybe play you a sound. You look like you’re both pretty groovy,” Frank sang.
“Or if you want something visual that’s not too abysmal, we could take in an old Steve Reeves movie,” Gerard sang.
About this time Mikey, Gerard’s younger brother, walked downstairs to get something to drink when he saw Gerard and Frank singing and acting like the idiots they were. “It’s so obvious.” Mikey thought as he was getting a drink, “They so like each other. If only one of them had the balls to tell the other. But that‘ll never happen in my lifetime.” Mikey shrugged to himself and headed back upstairs to his room.
“Well you got caught with a flat. Well, how ‘bout that? Well babies, don’t you panic,” Gerard sang.
“By the light of the night it’ll all seem alright. I’ll get you a satanic mechanic,” Frank sang laughing.
“I’m just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania,” they sang together laughing.
“Why don’t you stay for the night?”
“Or maybe a bite? I can show you my favorite obsession.”
“I’ve been making a man with black hair and barely a tan. And he’s good for relieving my tension.”
Gerard stopped and looked at Frank. Frank looked at him confused when he realized what he said.
“Oh shit,” he mumble to himself. He looked at Gerard and said, “I’m sorry. I’m should go. I shouldn‘t be here. I‘m sorry.”
Frank started heading for the front door when he realized that his hoodie was in Gerard’s room. He turned around and headed for Gerard’s bedroom door when he saw Mikey walking down with an empty glass. “Hey Frank, what cha doing?” Mikey asked.
He shook his head at Mikey and headed down to Gerard’s room. Confused as hell, Mikey walked into the living room to see Gerard curled up on the couch watching Rocky Horror Picture Show. He sat next to his older brother when he saw that Gerard looked upset. “Gee? You okay bro?” Mikey asked putting a hand on his brother’s arm.
Gerard shook his head. “He’s gone Mikey. I just had to look shocked. Now he hates me and never wants to see me again. I just know it.”
Mikey was about to ask what he meant when he heard the front door close and realized what his brother meant. He pulled his brother into a hug and said, “What happened?”
“We were goofing around singing and you know the part that goes ‘I’ve been making a man with blond hair and a tan?” Mikey nodded. “Well, we got to that part of the song and Frank sang it. Only it was ‘I’ve been making a man with black hair and barely a tan.’ It took a second for me to realize that he was talking about me. But by then the damage was done. I screwed up my friendship with Frank and he hates me,” Gerard said.
Mikey hated to see Gerard so sad. “I’ll be right back,” Mikey said. He got up and grabbed the house phone. Luckily Frank didn’t live too far away so he should be home by now. He dialed Frank’s number and listened to it ring when he heard Frank’s mom ask, “Hello? Linda speaking.”
“Mrs. Iero, it’s Mikey. Is Frank home?” Mikey asked.
“Mikes what are you doing?!” Gerard asked.
“Yeah he’s here. Let me get him,” Frank’s mom replied.
“Thank you,” Mikey said.
“I asked you a question you little turd,” Gerard said.
“I know how you two feel about each other. It’s too fucking obvious. So I’m playing Cupid,” Mikey replied when he heard Frank ask, “Hello?”
“Hey Frank. It’s Mikey,” he said looking at Gerard.
“Hey Mikey. What’s up?” Frank asked. He sounded really upset.
“Nothing man. Just being really bored. Oh, and Gerard’s upset,” Mikey said.
“Shut up! You’re making him hate me more!” Gerard said menacingly,
“Why? What happened?! Is he okay? Is he hurt? Oh shit I should have never left. I’m such an idiot!” Frank added.
“He’s not hurt…physically anyway. Emotionally, definitely,” Mikey said.
“Why? What happened?” Frank asked worried.
“You left,” Mikey bluntly replied. He wasn’t one for beating around the bush.
“Oh,” Frank said after awhile. “Wait a minute. He hates me now.”
“Why would he hate you? He’s the one who think’s you hate him,” Mikey said looking over at Gerard, who looked like he was going to kill Mikey.
“What did he tell you?” Frank asked.
“Exactly what happened,” Mikey said.
“Oh. Did he tell you that he hates me and never wants to see me again?” Frank asked worried.
“No. He said that he thinks you hate him and never want to see or talk to him again.”
“Really? I could never hate him. Is he there?” Frank asked.
Mikey looked at Gerard and replied, “He’s right here. You want to talk to him?”
“Please.”
“No problem. One sec,” Mikey said. He held out the phone to Gerard and said, “You’ll thank me later.”
Gerard took the phone and as Mikey headed back upstairs he asked, “Frank?”
“I’m sorry if I upset you in any way. You have the right to hate me and I’ll understand if you do. I should have just kept my mouth shut,” Frank replied.
“I don’t hate you. I could never hate you,” Gerard said sitting on the couch.
“Really? After what happened?” Frank asked.
Gerard took a deep breath before saying, “I was really happy that you said that, or sang that anyway. I would have never had the courage to tell you.”
“Tell me what?”
He was silent for a moment when he said, “That I like you. And not as just a friend.”
Frank was silent for a minute when Gerard said, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I’ll just hang up.”
“No! I mean…don’t hang up. I’m glad you do. I do, too. I would have been miserable if you hated me.”
“Really?”
“Yeah.”
Gerard sighed when he said, “And to think I was going to kill Mikey.”
“Was calling me his idea?” Frank asked.
“Yeah. He said that he knew we liked each other and that it was too fucking obvious. So he decided to play Cupid. Dumb kid. But hey, he’s my brother.”
“Yeah. Mikey’s an odd one. But hey, we are too. We hang out with him.”
Gerard laughed when he asked, “So, do you want to come back over so we can talk about this more?”
“Definitely,” Frank replied.
“Well, I’ll see you soon.”
“See ya. Bye.”
“Bye.”
Gerard hung up the phone when he tilted his head back and said, “You can come down Mikey. I’m not going to kill you.”
“Whew. I thought you were by the look you were giving me I thought you were,” Mikey said coming down and sitting on the couch with Gerard.
“I couldn’t kill you. I wouldn’t have the heart, too. After all, you did help improve my chances with Frankie,” Gerard said pulling his little brother into a hug.
They sat and talked for a minute when there was a knock at the door. Mikey looked at Gerard and said, “Good luck bro. I’ll be in my room. And if you two decided to…do anything please don’t be loud.”
Gerard slapped Mikey in the back of the head and said, “Go.”
Mikey nodded and headed up the stairs halfway as Gerard walked to the door. He opened it to find Frank. Frank looked up and smiled. “Hey Gee,” he said.
“Come on in Frankie,” Gerard said. He couldn’t help but smile back. The smaller man’s smile was contagious.
Frank walked in and turned to face Gerard. He was about to say something (what he was going to say Gerard will never know) when he was silenced with a pair of lips. He stood there shocked when he wrapped his arms around Gerard’s neck and Gerard wrapped his around Frank’s waist. They stood there kissing for about twenty minutes when Frank broke the kiss and asked, “What does this mean?”
“Whatever you want it to mean Frankie,” Gerard replied kissing the tip of Frank’s nose.
Frank smiled and asked, “Be mine?”
Gerard nodded and said, “Only for you.”
Frank smiled with relief and kissed Gerard. They were kissing when they heard Mikey say, “Well it’s about damn time you two got together. You can thank me later when you pay me for my Cupid services. That’s $25 from you two.”
They broke their kiss to see Mikey standing at the foot of the stairs. Gerard shook his head and said, “Don’t you have a room to clean?”
“Don’t you two have somewhere to go so you can…do stuff privately without hurting my virgin ears?”
Frank looked at Mikey for a minute before bursting out laughing. “Virgin ears my ass.”
Mikey shook his head before heading back upstairs. Frank looked at Gerard to see him smiling. “What?”
“Oh nothing. Just happy at where I’m at now. This feels right,” Gerard replied.
“I agree. It’s does,” Frank said before kissing Gerard.
And they were right.
Sign up to rate and review this story