Categories > Original > Drama > The Archive (A Screenplay)

The Archive : Timeline Of Events

by sammywrae 0 reviews

The back and forth nature of the screenplay can be confusing, so here is a chronological list of the events in The Archive.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-30 - Updated: 2008-06-30 - 1037 words - Complete

0Unrated
All years are in the form of Year Of The Goddesses

1,292

9th June (Ascenion Day) : Queen Leonara ascends to the throne, succeeding Queen Serala. Her Ascension Speech is about making Pallatium great again, by focusing on the needs of the native born. This speech causes some people unease, but is generally welcomed as good news.

1,293

15th April : Queen Leonara passes an education bill that prioritises the education of the native born, while putting the needs of immigrant children on the back burner. She also mentions the problems in the SubJ laws in relation to the press.

1,294 to 1,296

Queen Leonara continues to make changes to the laws, ensuring that those born in Pallatium receive better, and preferential, treatment.

1,296

25th June : After a visit by two members of the government to the graduating class at Queen Telera Final School, Sophia Tuscon overhears a conversation in which the teacher advises Holly Bell not to draw attention to herself by speaking badly of Queen Leonara. Later that night, Lyssa Tuscon is taken away for questioning by government agents. She returns early the next morning.

26th June : Sophia Tuscon's class graduates. Alison Duchamp stands down as Headmistress, saying that she has done all she can in that position. She is applauded by the entire school as she leaves. Later that night, Lyssa Tuscon leaves her family, for fear that she will be arrested and imprisoned.

1,298

14th August : Mary Lathem announces her intention to submit various requests under The Review Acts, to force Queen Leonara to repeal various laws passed. That night, Theala Tuscon leaves the country to join her partner Lyssa in hiding.

28th August : Mary Lathem announces tha the Queen has ignored all of her requests, and that The Pallatium People's Association will start a campaign of civil disobedience until their requests are given a fair hearing.

29th August : Queen Leonara announces that she will not be acting on the requests, and that she plans to issue guidelines to the judiciary for handling all such future requests.

11th October : Mary Lathem is arrested under the newly passed Civil Responsibility Act.

15th October : After failing to win her case, Mary Lathem announces her intention to submit a request to recall Queen Leonara to the Election Commision. Later that day, she is arrested and charged with drug-trafficking and gun-running offences. Her pettition to recall The Queen is denied because of this.

1,299

31st March : Judge Henry Atkins is arrested on charges of treason. Ariana Green asks Sophia Tuscon to join the PPA, but Sophia says no.

1st April : Queen Leonara orders the public execution of Judge Atkins for treason. It is the first execution in the history of Pallatium. Later that day, Sophia agrees to join the PPA.

1,300

15th March : "The Blackwall Riot" - during a peaceful protest march, members of the PPA run amok in the Blackwall shopping center, killing several and injuring dozens. Sophia Tuson quits the PPA, telling Ariana Green that she will not be a party to violance.

16th March : Membership of the PPA is outlawed under Sect 44 of the CRA.

25th March : 52 memebers of the PPA, including nine children, are killed by police in a church in Holborn. The church is then torched.

28th March : Several army barracks are destroyed by terrorists. Thirty soldiers are killed, and sixty more injured. Later, it is announced to be the work of the Pallatium People's Army, in response to the slaughter at Holborn. The bombing continues, aimed at military and police installations.

5h May : At a cabinet meeting, Queen Leonara decides to put civilians in harms way in a hope of either stopping the bombings, or to ensure the PPA lose any support in the popluation.

1,301

9th June (morning) : Alison Duchamp approaches Sophia Tuscon about joining the PPA. She refuses, again citing the violance and the bombings as her reason.

9th June (lunch) : Sophia Tuscon is forced to heal "Miss Smith", whom she is told slipped and fell. Half an hour later, she is the first to arrive at the sight of another terrorist bombing, and finds nine people dead in the ruins of a travel agency.

9th June (evening) : Sophia Tuscon leanrs that "Miss Smith" was a prisoner of the government, and was, most likely, tortured for information after Sophia healed her. Following her interrogation, seven people were rounded up and arrested.

1,302

13th August : Sophia Tuscon watches government agents murder Perri, Mary and Jane Parish because Susan Parish refuses to name other members of the PPA.

14th August : Sophia Tuscon joins the Pallatium People's Army, knowing it is a terrorist group.

1,302 to 1,305

The PPA continue their bombing campaing, and continue to target both civilian and military targets. Queen Leonara uses ever increasing draconian measures to stop them.

1,305

23rd February : The bombing of the Blackwall Center. Queen Leonara announces the creation of The Directorate Of Justice and Special Services

24th February : Juliana Bronson arrested. She blows herself up to avoid capture.

26th February : The Defence Of Marriage March takes place in Serentiy. It ends in a riot, and several dozen people are killed, including Ariana Green. Sophia Tuscon poisons Michael White to prevent him being arrested and questioned.

27th Feburary : Members of the Serenity Cell of the PPA meet to plan The Coming Storm - a bombing campaign that will bring an end to Queen Leonara's reign. Sophia, along with a few others, plant bombs round the National Reproductive Center. Sophia paralyses a spy, and leaves her in a morgue draw with a bomb strapped to her as punishment.

28th Feburary (9am) : Hundreds of explosions rip through Pallatium. Most of the police, military and governmental installations are destroyed, along with The Queen's Palace.

28th February (9:15am) : Alison Duchamp makes a public statement, taking responsibility for all of the bombings, both on that day and in the past. She also says an announcement will be made at 12 noon about the future of the country.

28th February (noon) : Holly Bell assumes the title and position of Queen and First Triarch on the advice of the Three Goddesses. She announces there will be no retribution against Queen Leonara's supporters nor the PPA.

28th February (6pm) : Holly Bell becomes Queen.

2,305

28th February : Darena visits "The Archive" - a library of stories by members of the PPA.
Sign up to rate and review this story