Categories > Original > Drama

it's love, baby

by Phantasm 0 reviews

(rated for language, themes.)there is someone in his body, someone that is trying to eat him alive - blood soaks the green sofa nowadays.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-01 - Updated: 2008-07-01 - 623 words - Complete

1Original
"Deconstruct me."

He can't tell who whispered it but it sends shivers down his spine anyway.

"Can you taste it?"

The voice is behind him; he can feel a hot breath trickling over his neck. His hairs stand on end and he arches like a startled cat.

There is rat shit in the kitchen cuboards and he pulls out a glass, throwing it under the flowing sink water in a futile mission to get rid of the stench. Must and ammonia and - he gives up and just splashes water on his face.

Flickering overhead, the fluorescent lights make a strange whirring sound and he hurries out of the kitchen. The living room offers little solace - he can barely stand the grimy green couch and sits on the faded wood floors instead. The T.V. is on channel four, the local news. He sighs at the tornado warning and Amber Alert.

"Baby, you can't escape me." Something flutters like fingers on the tensed skin around his belly button. Taking deep breaths, he bites his tongue and holds back the scream that threatens to rip out his vocal chords and tear apart his jugular.

Leaping to his feet, he stumbles down the hallway to the bathroom, hitting both the fan and the light switches. Shaking hands clench the porcelain sink as he gasps for breath. He can't bring himself to look up at the mirror.

This time he can feel the voice coming before he hears it, rumbling like trains and heavy foosteps in his head. "Ethan, this is your demons speaking. You seem to have forgotten us lately." Eyes flash bloodshot emerald as he hurtles himself into the tub, one hand sliding desperately up the chipped tile wall to find the shower faucet. Freezing rain pelts his body.

'shut up shut up shut up get the fuck out of my head!' Hot tears fight from his eyes. His boxers are soaked and his tank top is clinging to his skin and claustrophobia begins to sink claws into his lungs. Ripping off his clothes, he sobs and digs his nails into his rib cage.

"Good boy." His shadow is twisting, it is growing fangs, it is sliding up his arms - "Be a nice little slut and spread your legs, will ya?"

With a desperate snarl he scratches bloody trails down his cheeks, hissing at the burn. The scars on his back begin to throb. "Oh, angry, are we?" Snakes and rabbits giggle in his eardrums.

Ethan can't help it. He screams. He feels himself shatter, feels capillaries boil and retina shred. Falling sideways out of the shower, he crawls to the toilet, vomiting.

"I'm still here, honey. You can't spit me up. " He rests his forehead on the edge of the toilet seat, sagging.

"What do you want from me?" His voice cracks, and the creature churning inside his body laughs amiably.

"What do you think I want?" It is the voice of Hell, Ethan decides, this monster - Hell, or maybe God. This...this thing that he shares a body with. 'punishment. you are sinner oh god i am a sinner-'

"Me? My sanity? My life? I hate you, I hate you -"

"I love you."

He starts to cry again, little broken boy. "Please just kill me. If you love me, whatever you are. Kill me."

"Oh darling," the voice croons. His chromosomes melt in disgust at the invader in his bloodstream. "Don't worry. I plan on it."

--
my goodness what a thing to start off on this site with XD.

ahaha Ethan. One of my older characters, and by far the most disturbed. He isn't fully human. Just a drabble to see how he fares these days.
Sign up to rate and review this story