Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry and KiKi: Tales of the Boy Necromancer

Chapter 8: Hogsmeade Weekend and Hogwarts Reactions

by SamStone

In the aftermath of the Troll most parties contemplate how things are going and deal with things.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica,Horror - Characters: Andromeda Tonks,Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-07-02 - Updated: 2008-07-02 - 21638 words

?Blocked
Chapter 8: Hogsmeade Weekend and Hogwarts Reactions

Sometimes I think that a requirement for gaining the leadership of an organization results in a complete lack of common sense. That the examples are more extreme in the Wizarding world merely exemplarize that common sense is anything but and that magic can be quite illogical at times. Given the issues that have made our attempts to express ourselves and our interests it does show how magic seems to create either shepherds or sheep. The sheep at least have some use while the shepherds are likely to get all the sheep killed. – Hermione on the migraines the various leaders gave before they had enough and squished the current shepherd trying to make them sheep.




*******



Morning had come and the signs of the pair having cum long into the night were evident in both their state of position as well as the state of the bed and the air reeked of their arousal. As it was it was a Hogsmeade weekend as they could not go they were going to have to see if they could get a favor out of their Dora even if she hadn’t completely accepted being theirs yet. As had become their habit since Hermione rarely spent the night in her own room, the pair had out of convenience and comfort started to strip when they entered the room and regardless of how far their nightly escapades went they always awoke nude in each other’s embrace with various signs of excitement and always feeling more rested than they had in their own beds at their houses.

They woke and as they were unsure how long before the older years left for Hogsmeade and they for their first extra class went about their day in while a longer manner than most days was shorter than most weekend mornings. Hermione stirred first and raised Harry with him soon losing himself in her favorite start to the day or second as the case may seem. A short time of Harry’s lapping of his morning honey and the pair went to the shower. Without the time constraint of a class as early they spent some time just furthering their exploration and searches for sweet spots on each other. It seemed with each day that they learned more about themselves and each other.

Dressed in casual clothes the pair made their way down toward the commons. Hermione had half wanted to simply find her room and ask her there. Harry was certain that action might set them back and with the back step they had dealt with the day before they were unwilling to let things become more difficult to their plan. As it was they managed to find her as she was entering to head to breakfast though as most on a Hogsmeade weekend would take a lighter breakfast to enjoy some of the food in town.

“Hello delicious Dora,” Hermione said as she leaned into Tonk’s ear having crept up quieter than a mouse. “How was your night?”

Memories of her night after leaving Penny’s room flashed through her mind. It had been a major shock that she had done what she had and was scared that if Penny had not been so lost in believing she was experiencing a waking wet dream would have done far more. That Hermione popped up behind her and whispered in that voice she had used so well to arouse her to being willing to try almost anything was a sudden shock.

‘Bloody hell,’ Tonks thought as she tried to get her sudden racing heart under control. ‘Last night was a shock but having that minx leaning in on me this early is not good. If I hadn’t heard Penny saying what a wonderful dream she was having I would have been seriously worried. Hopefully she passes last night off as some new kinky dream or I am in some trouble. Still I am somewhat amazed that she hadn’t simply decided to show me everything when she started to demonstrate how to best use your fingers to cum. Part of this trepidation that I feel around these two is that they were able to take me and I was eager! Sure they may not have penetrated me but they used me just the same. Why mum did you try to make me feel that this was wrong?’

“Really Tonks,” Harry said from the wall to her side. “It is rather rude to simply ignore people who say hello. Now can’t you say good morning or at least hello like a good girl?”

That caused Tonks to swallow harshly at the sudden way her stomach dropped at that. A memory of her father with her bent over on his knees with her bare assed came to mind. That had been what he said she should be. A good girl didn’t get her bare ass spanked, but then again a good girl didn’t cum from her father spanking her ass until it was red and inflamed. A shudder passed through her and she felt her body begin to respond to the memories as well as Harry’s presence. Thankfully for once neither of them commented out loud about her reaction.

“Good morning, Harry,” Tonks said with as much confidence as she could muster while not trying to draw attention to either her reactions or give then any further incentives. “Good morning Hermione. Did you have a good night’s sleep?”

“Most definitely,” Hermione purred from where she was so close to embracing Dora. “Then again I have been having the most fantastic nights here. So was your night good as well?”

“It was quite pleasant,” Tonks said fighting a blush as she recalled her actions both in Penny’s room and when she had returned to her bed and the exhausted sleep that her further personal explorations had caused. “So what are you two up to on this rather pleasant Saturday?”

“Well there is an optional class on Care for Magical Creatures offered today,” Hermione said as Harry simply observed Dora’s reactions. “Ma… Harry thought it might be useful to better understand proper animal care considering that we both plan to have a slightly less than average companion with us next year.”

“Why go for the ordinary when there is the extraordinary to experience?” Harry asked with a slight smirk as he noticed the subtle hints in Tonks actions. “So what about you are you going to Hogsmeade?”

“Yes,” Tonks admitted but felt a sigh of contentment that there was one place that the two couldn’t follow her for another two years. “I think it will be nice to spend more time taking in the sights than I have in previous trips. There is so much to explore that I might still be finding new things even in my NEWT year. So what is your interest in the village?”

“Was wondering if you couldn’t post something in the village or purchase some things that we are shall we say unwilling to risk being owled to us here?” Harry asked with a knowing voice. “I assure you that it is only a simple business proposition and not something of a more questionable nature…”

“Well that wasn’t what I expected you to ask me?” Tonks said with a faint hint of disappointment tinting the air. “Although I suppose it is something easier to answer. I just hope that you two aren’t doing anything illegal or too dangerous.”

“Ah but it seems that far too many enjoyable things are frowned on if not outright illegal,” Hermione whispered into the shuddering girl’s ear. “It’s not like we are asking you to strip naked and be led on a leash around the school now is it?”

‘Morgana’s ass fucked by a centaur,’ Tonks thought as the image Hermione invoked came to mind. ‘I don’t know what scares me more that she thinks and tells me things like that or that I seem to get wet and need a quick moment to get back together when she does so. At least she didn’t start plunging a vibrating dildo inside her without regards to my needs… what am I thinking? Calm down and as soon as they leave go back to the room and Jill off some of this excess heat that is being brought up! Now if they don’t try to seal this agreement with a kiss I most likely will be both disappointed and relieved.’

“Really Hermione,” Harry chided from where he noticed the obvious signs that Tonks was experiencing. “Hinting that Dora here wants someone to own her and that she is interested in being led around like a pet teasing all the boys and girls that she isn’t theirs to touch but allowing them to look to their little perverted heart’s content. Really now for shame, even if they would be likely to use the image of her nude body crawling along the hallways with her ass moving just so to fuel many a Jack and Jill off session. Even if she does look tempting enough to hoist to ones lips and eat that does not mean that you should embarrass her like this…”

It was obvious to Hermione that this was Harry’s attempt at teasing the girl who they had gotten a hesitant nod to have as a willing kissing participant. Given that with enough prods like this that it was likely that she would break down and beg them for something more satisfying than her own fingers that it wasn’t that bad of a plan. Still as amusing as it was working the girl up enough that she ran off to get some relief from the excitement that they provided, it was not the eventual goal. Hermione was while reluctant to not simply drag the girl to a room and tear her clothes off and ravage her slowly beginning to hope that Dora didn’t let the game go to long before she accepted their help in her release. That was in part due to the fact that both realized that until she was willing to come to them for her cums that asking her to help with theirs would be counterproductive. Even if she was thinking about the future situations such as Christmas and Anne’s plan to get them all deflowered if not decherried in other ways.

‘Like I cannot see that if she wasn’t wearing panties she would be dripping on the floor,’ Hermione thought as she watched with hungry eyes the body so close to hers that she wanted almost nothing more than to wrap herself around her and drag her to the ground for some mutual lingual explanations. ‘A shame that we are still both technically virgins as I am sure that a good long screw would have screwed her head back on straight. Still it is fun to get her worked up and teasing her is amusing in its own way. Is it wrong that for once I want to say screw patience, now lick me like yesterday morning again?’

“Harry,” Tonks said as she swallowed and resisted the urge to ignore the public setting and just get a quick release. “I am not really that embarrassed considering that it does a girl good to know that she is attractive even if the fantasy is not that normal. Just try not to say things that are too extreme…”

“Like what?” Hermione whispered into her ear. “That I am tempted to see what color your panties are and how that color changes from your arousal?”

“Not now Hermione,” Tonks chided the far to close girl while trying to get things under control. “Now back to business! What is it that you two want me to get and why don’t you just owl order it?”

“I don’t trust the school not to have at least some mail filtering in case something excessively dangerous, rare or interesting let alone something on the banned list would be confiscated,” Harry said as he watched Hermione move mimicking the girl with only the slightest hairs of space between the two. “Add to that the matter of our more developed relationship certain things are a bit less likely to be ordered to be delivered here.”

Tonks merely blushed when he said relationship and tried not to stutter as Hermione’s closeness once more impacted on her. The two were enjoying their game with the slightly older and most definitely attractive girl, but it was going to get late and if they didn’t want to miss breakfast and allow Tonks time to deal with the frustration they oh so willingly created before heading even more distracted to town they would have to cut it short. A true pity that they couldn’t take advantage of the day, but such was life. The slow wearing down of Dora’s resistance was enticing and they were well aware that they were already savoring what they felt was the inevitable conclusion of her letting them in and the reverse as well.

“”It really is not that big of a deal,” Hermione reassured the girl she was so enticingly not touching. “It is not like we are asking for an alibi while arranging for the dark and light dimwit two to be seen in the astronomy tower before having… an accident.”

‘I worry that I would go along with that already at this point,’ Tonks thought as she felt the soft breathing of Hermione brushing her already flushed neck. ‘Malfoy is an ass as well as that Weasley being a complete waste of space. More like that one would result in this situation of the Lions and Snakes continuing for more generations. As much as I dislike the drama of those two houses, it is nice not to have to get involved in their idiocies. Still if I want to be a Prefect and hopefully Head Girl than I need to deal with dimwits like those. If Cousin Draco was a year older the ass would likely imply that being his mistress would allow for me to remove the stain on the Black honor. The Weasley twit amazes me that he is related to Charley, Bill or the Twins still with that rule stickler Percival around there is a comparison of dogmatic obedience. At least they are not constantly teasing or worse using very explicit euphemisms to explain things or telling stories that are nothing but barely concealed descriptions of such acts.’

“Yes it is best to have some level of trust before such a thing would ever enter our minds,” Harry said with a very sinister spark to his eyes. “Still considering the two consider each other their opposite rival and nemesis since neither managed to attract more than indifference from me, it would be so fitting if they dealt with each other and left everyone else out of their bizarre mating dance.”

Tonks turned a completely putrid shade at the thought of those two ever being friends let alone anything more as she noticed that while both were obviously as revolted and defiled by the thought it was obvious that something else was there. The dark humor radiating from the pair made that certain. The Hermione seemed suddenly filled with a feeling of satisfaction about the idea was quite horrifying.

‘Not going to think about it though it would work as a damn good thought to kill the mood if these two get me wound up again,’ Tonks thought as she tried to drive that image from her mind. ‘Though considering that those two are so concerned about annoying the other… Maybe if it was a prank to make the school believe their arguments were their way to divert attention from their feelings for each other…’

“Yes it would be definitely satisfying to see their families’ reactions,” Hermione said with a sudden chill inducing voice. “Now there are a few things on the list to get and a package or two to pick up but we are more than happy to provide the money for you to purchase as well as a decent compensation for spending some precious time working when you could be having fun. So do you want to seal the deal?”

That particular phrasing brought a sudden flip flop to Tonks’ stomach. It seemed that the two while more than able to be serious at times liked to flirt with each other and add her to the back and forth teasing. Considering that she had been as prim and proper as possible after her trauma and thus seemed to hide her developing body unconsciously, it was a nice change to have someone compliment let alone flirt with her especially after the horrible job that seemingly most of the male population had done when they found out about her gift.

“Seal it how? Tonks asked as she licked her lips in anticipation.

“With a kiss of course,” Hermione answered as she moved from behind her to where her lips were barely avoiding touching Tonks’ cheek. “That is if you want to seal the deal properly of course…”

“Ye,” was as far as Tonks got before her lips were silenced by a far less than chase kiss.

“Hmm,” Hermione said as she pulled away and curved back behind Tonks. “You taste a bit spicier this morning and I like it. Now Harry, are you ready to do your part?”

“Of course,” Harry said with a purely predatory gaze that did nothing to settle the already nervous girl’s body. “Now relax and enjoy…”

With that Harry kissed her. No to be more accurate the kiss was a conduit for Harry to pour his lust directly into her as he let his passion out for a moment. Tonks pressed herself against him as Hermione supported her as her knees trembled and toes curled as she leaned in and responded to the kiss. Tonks felt Hermione’s tits pressed into her back while the girl rubbed herself against her ass in addition to Harry pressing into her and his arousal obvious against her heated skin feeling him as if the cloth was not even there.

“Don’t think that I am done,” Hermione said indignantly spinning the girl between them to kiss her again. “I may like to nibble a bit but a quick taste is not enough right now!”

Hermione kissed Tonks feeling the girl burning as her body flushed and her pulse quickened. She felt their warm wet sexes barely separated by their skirts and in Tonks case a rather translucent and skin tight pair of panties. She felt Tonks jump against her as Harry obviously was pressed against her and like she had earlier teasing the girl’s sensitive neck.

With great reluctance they pulled away from the panting girl before throwing them into their own kiss. It was to that sight that the slumped and panting Tonks became first aware. Knowing that if she stayed that the two would likely take her there and then, she darted back to her room. As soon as she got there she noticed two things. One was a roll of parchment stuffed between her tits and the other was that she looked different.

‘Oh god I shifted when they were kissing me!’ Tonks thought in shock. ‘These clothes are stretched and stink! Right a quick shower and a change of clothes and I should be ready for breakfast and then town.’

So saying Tonks neglected to look at the list as she stripped before starting to head for the shower. Her skirt hit the floor with ease while her blouse was stretched from her shift. Her panties were even worse stuck to her skin and clinging to her sex. That she couldn’t just slide them off and had to peel them off had been embarrassing. She still noticed the fact that she was tender from where she had been spanked hard. After a quick shower and feeling less stressed and smelly, she looked over the list. Most of it was reasonable. The last few items that were made to sound completely innocent were not.

‘Bloody hell,’ Tonks thought in shock. ‘A leash, collar and a plug for a tub as well as a crop may seem innocent but with those two… damn just when I was relaxed those two ensure I stay frustrated and flustered all day. Oh bugger me he wants me to get a few items that are going to draw stares, restraints and the like as well as a paddle in addition to the crop. At least the potions ingredients don’t seem to out there.’

While Tonks dealt with the pair’s stimulation and sensations, the pair had reluctantly parted as while they may have little care using Obliviation on anyone who saw them doing more than kissing and perhaps a grope in the common was too much of an inconvenience as a memory charm was easily detected the sooner to the event as possible. No the pair had left the tower and after a quick wave got some relief and mutual extra morning delights in a nook in the wall.

As they waited for Tonks to come down before heading out as well as heading to their elective class, they reminisced on what they had just done and the steps forward to what they had planned. Suffice it to say that they were both really hoping that Tonks delivered what they had requested as they would really like to have more options available.

‘Well that was exciting,’ Hermione thought as she ate her third breakfast. ‘Though first breakfast went as expected, second was different as normally this would be second breakfast. Still Anne is going to go wild to try that position. Sure sixty-nineing is fun but being held like that was such a loss of control. Tonks better come back with those toys! Some good sharp stimulation is needed as well as some preparation for Christmas or it will hurt too much to be enjoyable.’

‘In-fucking-credible,’ Harry thought as he made a neat yet rapid devouring of the food in front of him, ‘and I thought that dream of three girls going down on me or the time I had Alice sitting on my shoulders while I ate her with Anne kneeling and sucking me was hot. Neither of those seemed as hot as that well maybe the three girls but really the feeling of Hermione supported by me and in complete control of her like that! Now I see why Alice goes spare when Anne goes completely obedient and I can’t believe I never noticed before well besides how hot Anne went when I was involve in her being helpless while being ravished.’

With the two consumed with reflections and planning they could be forgiven for the fact that they didn’t detect Tonks until her scent was practically on them. Sitting next to the two Tonks ate her meal with a growing sense of concern over her shopping trip. If any of the boys made the connection there was a risk of them thinking she was easy and taking her. Reminiscing on how it never seemed that there was any negative gossip about Hufflepuffs she momentarily reminisced when the hat chose Ravenclaw over Hufflepuff. The hat had said she would make a good one and that she would really enjoy her time there.

‘I do wonder what the hat meant by that,’ Tonks thought as she unknowingly teased with her motions. ‘Still if I don’t get them the things on the list they will likely punish me and if I do they will likely ravish me. That could be either a win-win or a lose-lose situation. If it hadn’t been for Penny I would have felt very ashamed this morning. Still they are not making it difficult to even attempt to be discrete.’

“So looking forward to the village?” Hermione asked Tonks between eating at a less than model speed and amount. “Personally seeing what an entirely sole magical village looks like is tempting and to contrast it to the alleys is an experience that I sadly have to wait for. You would be nice enough to tell us some later, wouldn’t you?”

“Sure I don’t mind helping out,” Tonks said suppressing the shiver under the protective glare that Harry cast over the table, “although you really will need to experience it to appreciate it.”

“That is an interesting and accurate observation,” Harry commented getting a sudden neck snap form the rest of the house do to his chronic tendency to be silent with any one besides Hermione and the teachers, “that is also true about other things as well. Still we can look forward to a nice day outside learning while you go traipsing about a village and explore to your heart’s content.”

“I do have to come back in time for the night you know,” Tonks chided to hide her discomfort at the attention so soon after her shift. “Still it might be nice to have someone to talk to things about.”

“We like talking with you to Tonks,” Hermione said with a slight smile. “You need more friends than those Quidditch girls after all…”

“I think I may have a few new ones,” Tonks said with a blush. “It is a shame that my year seems to be as small as it is, well not as small as the year between ours at any rate.”

“Well you do need to get going soon,” Hermione said with a sad smile. “Just keep an eye out alright?”

“Sure thing Hermione,” Tonks said when she stood to leave. “Now try not to go too overboard with studying alright.”

“I am sure that I won’t go too overboard,” Hermione said with a laugh. “Still I do tend to give anything I work on full attention.”

“I am sure you do,” Tonks said with a wistful smile of her own. “Now get going before your late!”

“Same to you,” Harry said glaring at the table in his hope to get his point across. “Stay safe!”

As the three parted the throat of a particular seventh year shuddered and he knew that the Metamorphmagus was definitely off limits and hoped that some of the younger and less observant boys would get the point. Sure a Metamorph was one hell of a fantasy but the risk to being castrated at best and something far more unpleasant at worst far outweighed that. Loosing ones balls and ability to extend the family made one a useless thing in the world and having the entirety cut off without a numbing charm was a thing to fear. Sadly he failed to notice how several of the fifth, fourth and third year boys ignored the protective glare and thought they had nothing to fear from a firstie even one who resulted in the vanishing of You-Know-Who.



*******



While most of the students were out of the castle either in Hogsmeade for the third years and up and the younger years distracted with things such as the second year Ravenclaws once more descending on the library like locusts now that there was some free time and lack of people to fight to get what books were normally already in someones hands, Headmaster Dumbledore decided to finally have time to meet more in depth on the Troll or the complete vanishing of it.

“Severus, Minerva, Pomona, Filius,” he said gesturing for them to sit in the four chairs provided in his office. “Sit down sit down. Now I am sure you all know why I called you here today.”

“Of course Albus,” Severus said with a sigh of frustration. “There is however no evidence that I have found for how a troll could have gotten in though evidence of something with a troll’s strength wandering the halls that night is certain. Have there been any other signs that you found to clear this up.”

“You seem rather terse than usual Severus,” Pomona said wondering what had got the man riled up this time. “Is there something else that is troubling you?”

“Why Pomona one would think that a Hufflepuff like yourself would really care?” Severus asked his voice dripping with sarcasm. “To be honest, I wonder why we sent the students back to their common rooms when the Great Hall was a better place to keep them safe irregardless of the fact that my students live in the dungeons where the troll was supposedly spotted. Really now, why would I be irritable about that?”

‘Really questioning why I care,’ Pomona thought in sorrow. ‘A puff is a puff and we now when one needs to get rough, but we like it better when one gets enough. So is it any wonder that I feel worried that everyone is too tense. Some of my puffs will need some more help to embrace their true Huffleslut selves.’

“I am sure that you are not implying that any of us were willing to send the children to danger let alone their possible deaths over which house they are in,” Minerva chided Severus. “I will admit that while we can be quite determined to win our competition that does not mean that winning by the rivals dying would be anything short of disappointing.”

“I am sure that is not what Severus means, Minerva,” Albus said trying to steer the meeting back into order and his control. “Now as we have evidence of the Troll somehow getting into the school it means we need to once more check for lost or new passages into the school. Argus will be doing this and will need some assistance in finding the more elusive passages. Now as it approaches nearer to half the year gone is there any interesting things about the students of concern or interest?”

‘He always does this every year,’ Pomona thought with a wave of disgust at how many promising students were pushed into what others viewed as their best intentions and interest. ‘At least it shows why Hufflepuff stands united together although I will have to admit to some of the first years as interesting. Two of the girls this year so show much potential to be true Hufflepuffs and wouldn’t the rest of the staff be disgusted by what that means. Susan and Hannah show those signs as well as being an excellent pair although Megan already has so much potential given Gwenog’s inclination and it was quite a good time. Still considering the sudden shift in behavior after their flying lesson and what I was able to entice out of Xiomara, I think that the pair are likely going to gravitate to having a somewhat exclusive instead of the standard relationship of fun and games.’

“There are some that show a minor talent to be less than pathetic in the Art,” Severus began as was his usual demeanor on the matter. “As for the young snakes, Malfoy appears to be the likely leader in the coming years although that is not surprising considering his father’s instruction.”

“Ah anything on our most famous student,” Albus asked wondering if Severus had finally put the enmity with James to rest, “and any chance that he takes after Lily in the field?

The sour look and haunted eyes flashed before he regained control and said, “While the boy is at least passing in ability, the rest of his skills in potions seem influenced with practical experience. Experience that a muggle raised wizard should not have. Despite his looking like his father I will reluctantly admit that he has inherited at least some of Lily’s potential. That he seems unconcerned with acting anything like Potter is at least an explanation of why he was not sorted into Gryffindor.”

“Severus,” Minerva said her eyes flashing in indignation. “What are you trying to say about my lions?”

“They tend to rush in when they should think,” Severus said in a droll voice. “Far too many of your students cannot and will not accept difference from what they believe. Add to that they seem intent to attack my Slytherins does not lend me much reason to sympathize with your students who are far more like jackals than lions.”

“Enough,” Dumbledore broke in interrupting the eternal argument between the two. “Now Minerva is there anything about this year’s Gryffindors that are interesting and any showing talent in transfiguration?”

“The Gryffindors this year I am sad to say don’t seem as promising as I had hoped,” Minerva said with a disappointed sigh. “The girls so far are not very intellectually interested in their studies nor are the boys that prone to either. Despite the talents of the parents Longbottom does seem to lack the usual daring that most of the house is known for. The youngest Weasley lacks the direction of his brothers as well as a very low attention span. Sadly none of them show any real interest in transfiguration.”

“So this year’s Gryffindors seem like more dunderheads than normal,” Severus said with a resigned sigh. “I suspected as much as not a one seems even capable of doing more than not melting a cauldron though Longbottom seems to be more likely to melt or explode one. The girls will likely find some husband and either turn out a large number of even more incompetent children or likely due to a lack of any usable talent end up as workers in Knocturn or worse.”

“Severus,” Minerva said sharply. “We are to educate them not belittle them!”

“True Minerva,” Albus said while looking disappointed at Severus. “While you are entitled to your opinions Severus some will disagree with you strongly to them. While I find it a pity that most of the younger generation seems far too interested in flashy instead of practical and useful magic that does not mean that they are completely without talent.”

“One cannot take inferior ingredients to create a superior potion, Headmaster,” Severus said with a scathing tone barely keeping civil and complacent with his role as a subordinate. “I stand by my position on this year’s Gryffindors are the most inept at potions that I have ever seen. What is worse is when I have to deal with whatever mistakes their absentminded actions cause. On his first potion, Longbottom put porcupine needles in while it was still on the flame! I do not get how I should respect someone who fails to read and follow the simplest of instructions that even Crabbe and Goyle followed without a problem. Now while they may be my Slytherins they do need a bit more deft hand in bringing them to task.”

“My Severus it seems that you have a few students that seem to be disappointments,” Pomona said with a sly purr. “While those two show a complete lack of natural talent in Herbology quite unlike young Mr. Longbottom that does not mean that they are completely addled even if those two families tend not to be the brightest wand in the box.”

“Yes we all know of the legendary and typical attributes of the Crabbe and Goyle families,” Filius said with a slight chiding tone to his voice. “Now as we have covered the other houses you will likely wish to know about my first years. They are doing rather well though it seems that some of them will need time to adjust to being so far from home. In particular there is the rather shy Su Li in this regard. While my house may not be the most adventurous or confrontational of houses that does not mean that they are completely willing to be walked over by either or your houses, Severus Minerva. I take it that you wish for me to add my thoughts on young Mr. Potter as well although Minerva did not give you a view on the boy in her field.”

“Quite,” Minerva said as she looked at her colleagues. “Mr. Potter and Ms. Granger show an extensive amount of theoretical knowledge on the subject though Mr. Potter seems to have inherited his father’s skills in the field though Ms. Granger seems to be a near second in class. The rest of the Ravenclaws are having similar results though I fear most will never truly understand the magic to the same level as those two do. I do find myself believing that they are both holding back in what they are capable of. If I didn’t know better I would say that they both practiced extensively the first year spells as they show little to know problem in using them. While Mr. Potter is courteous in class he does seem to be quite distant from the rest of his year mates save Ms. Granger. It would appear that they were friends before and seem to have decided it was safer to keep that friendship than explore other people.”

“I agree that the two are definitely long term friends from before and that while Mr. Potter I will admit has a very defined knack in charms there seems to be something about the way that he weaves his spells that as loath as I am to admit it puts me on edge,” Filius said with a frown. “I do get the feeling of being not unlike a mouse being stalked by a cat when he is near. Have any of you noticed the general space the other students pets give the both of them though Mr. Potter more so?”

“I had noticed a feeling of unease when I was in my animagus form for my first class,” Minerva said with a frown. “Though he obviously has experience in caring for cats as he was more than willing to allow me to relax. Has anyone else noticed that he rarely smiles and seems quite cold to anyone other than Ms. Granger?”

“Why must we focus so much on Potter?” Severus asked in part disgusted by the renewed attention the boy was receiving. “While I have admitted he is passable in skill there is no real reason for all the attention! Are you trying to make him as big headed as a celebrity as I had first believed he would be? I will admit that at times he reminds me too much of Sirius Black though lacking so far any inclination to pranks. Still if we focus too much of the students attention on him he will eventually despite his so far tolerable behavior get addicted to his fame and likely use it for his own ends. His closeness to Ms. Granger seems to bring out a calming influence.”

“You almost sound like you are comparing her to Lily with the way that she kept your own youthful mistakes from becoming as disastrous as some feared,” Pomona said with a small smile. “Do you suspect that he has anywhere near the level of dangerous spells and potions in his repertoire as you did as a first year?”

“I will rather reluctantly admit that I wonder why he is not in my house at times,” Severus hedged as he felt the others circling him mentally in a manner quite like a shark. “He is obviously driven to something and as loath as I am to admit it I have concerns that he would go down the same paths of other similar students…”

“Comparing him to yourself again, Severus?” Pomona asked as she reveled in the verbal banter with the normally close lipped Slytherin. “It would seem that you have noticed that he is regardless of his wants a person that the public and people will pay far too much attention to. I am amazed that we have not been inundated by requests from the Prophet as well as other media sources to interview him now that he is no longer in seclusion.”

“I was actually more concerned if he had a growing following similar to some other charismatic figures in the past,” Severus acidly replied. “Now perhaps you would have heard of them Grindlewald ring a bell or perhaps even the Dark Lord? It is known that both drew people to them and used their charisma to sway their followers. I take it that is also your concern Albus? You wonder what effects the curse had on him. It wouldn’t do to have one Dark Lord vanish to be replaced by one that is far more charismatic and already has far too many gullible and impressionable children willing to die or likely even kill for him! How much farther could He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named have gone if he had the same publicity and entrenched loyalty that child has?”

“While I am somewhat I admit concerned over what the long term effects of the curse have been,” Albus said slowly and in as reassuring a voice as he could, “I must admit that no one has survived being struck by that curse. Oh others may have had it intercepted but none have been struck and lived let alone reflect the attack back at the caster. No I will say that I was worried enough to ask for a favor…”

“You had someone watching him?” Minerva said with a relived sigh. “I have been quite concerned over the years but you always say that it was best that he grow up without the fame twisting him. It is quite reassuring to know that if he was in any real danger from any of the Death Eaters that managed to worm their way out that you had someone to alert you.”

“So Filius is there a reason that you as well as Minerva feel somewhat apprehensive of our young Mr. Potter?” Albus asked as he had yet to see the boy outside meals and began to wonder about arranging a meeting.

His hopes of the boy being inquisitive in a Gryffindor enough manner to seek out what was on the third Floor and thus chide and interact with the boy had not occurred. He also had wondered if when he had heard about the troll if the boy would deal with it, but due to his lack of presence had put that off. He had eventually been able to infer that the boy had in a very Hufflepuff manner been consoling his friend. He felt a sense of unease at the notion of a vengeful Potter unleashing his rage in a prank on the two, but squashed it as the boy had shown no signs of taking after his Gryffindor father in that manner.

Sadly his notions were not entirely inaccurate as while young Harry was not one to use pranks as his preferred method of behavioral modification that did not mean that the shear embarrassment that could be unleashed would not curb such behavior. Still if he would listen to what Filius was about to say there might have been a chance to change things from the path they were on. Sadly Dumbledore could not see that Harry was far more entrenched in the true darkness than Tom had ever been. The main difference was that while both would kill for their goals there was a measured and meticulous manner to Harry’s efforts while Tom was far too loose in his applications of pain and death to grasp the subtleties of life.

“It is hard to quantify Albus,” Filius said while deep in thought. “The closest I could describe it was when one is confronted with a truly dangerous and powerful magical creature. There is just something about the way that he and Miss Granger to a lesser extent walk that sets me to edge. They move better than most duelists let alone Aurors. If they had a decent number of spells they would be far more likely to be able to dodge most spells. Surely you have noticed that as well Minerva that they seem almost as graceful as you have been after…”

“My animagus transformation,” Minerva finished as some disturbing thoughts came to mind. “While I may acknowledge that they both show far more talent and knowledge of my art than most, there is no way that an eleven year old could complete that transformation. Still there is something that makes me feel far more uncomfortable around them when I am in my form. The best way I would say unlike Filius was the time I was first learning and was being chased by dogs as if they were less likely to think of me as anything of interest yet something of use.”

“I still believe that you are putting too much attention on the boy,” Severus said as he thankfully hid a wince. “While I may grudgingly admit that he is talented in some areas, pointing that out would ostracize too many of the imbecilic hormonal twits and I believe that is far from your goals.”

“While I admit that like most of you I held the belief that he would be a Gryffindor like his parents I am grateful that he is in Ravenclaw and has at least one friend,” Albus said with a sigh trying to get the meeting back on track. “It would not do for him to waste his potential in the manner that I fear could have happened. So we are left with a mystery to unravel though perhaps questioning him directly would shed some light into the matter.”

“Mark my words Albus,” Filius said with an uncommon seriousness. “He may be as intelligent and inquisitive as any other Ravenclaw, but he is far more driven than any Slytherin or Gryffindor I have seen in many a year while as sad as I am to admit it he has already shown a more than fanatic level of Hufflepuff loyalty even if it is only to those he trusts. If only we could get some information on why he is how he is to get a better grasp on how he will respond. He may be my student and thus under my protection but he makes me feel that it is almost the other way at times. He will learn and with the level of power he is already showing will likely be one of the strongest as well as fiercest fighters of his generation. I know that none of us care to discuss in house matters, but I will admit that while my house has had few and far between the same problems that one of our students managed through sheer will to intimidate everyone to be silent on what it is. From what little I was able to gather our young Mister Potter has little love for bullies or others who misuse their power or authority.”

“If there was an incident of such concern, why did you not bring it up earlier?” Dumbledore asked in interest. “Surely if it was as important it would be necessary in case the incident was repeated or crossed house boundaries.”

“Short of Verisiterum or Legilimency both of which are rather against policy and most times law to use on minors there is no way to get the students involved to say more than to avoid annoying let alone angering Mister Potter,” Filius admitted with a very heavy sigh. “Suffice it to say the rest of the matter is being handled in house and the Prefects are delighted that none of them had to explain to me why points or detentions were given. Add to that some of the less desirable attitudes still persisting have been squelched is rather comforting.”

Sadly the rest of the meeting began to delve into other matters. As it was nothing about the Tonks incident was discussed or even inferred. In fact none of the heads or even headmaster really knew what happened just that some of the Ravenclaws had acted in an inappropriate manner and that the Prefects were considering what had happened as punishment enough. Nothing more needed to be said of the matter and as Albus had his assessment of the first years and Potter and his friend in particular he was more than willing to let the meeting end so that he could let his mind drift and reflect while sucking on his lemon drops. Even if any of them had been interested to investigate as nothing had been actually done there would have been nothing to do. Besides the laws were rather lax on what rights a non-pureblood woman had even at the best of times. With that in consideration the most likely event would have had no real repercussion save perhaps a mild rebuke. If the girl had a patron or some other form of influence and protection, only then would things have been considered to be done. Sadly it was still a time when without the protection of someone else the half blood and muggle born women had to defend themselves. With that in mind, is it any wonder that two of the most powerful females in history seemed to be very skilled in combat and violently able to protect themselves even if almost a millennium later they were considered a shy bookworm and a well meaning softy?



*******



Hogsmeade was a quite village by muggle standards; however, it was a bustling town by Wizarding ones. That was simply due to the rather disproportionate ratios between magic users and non magic users. Now despite all that it would seem to be a rather quaint looking village with simple houses and shops far away from prying eyes and sufficiently protected from the mundane masses. There were several pubs, shops, and other things of interest. It was a place that the magical could be magical without any worry of being seen as magical. There was no need for concealment spells at the shop entrances as the whole village was designed to keep them hidden.

Walking down the street was a rather nervous thirteen year old Nymphadora Tonks who was thankfully mingled in a group of similar or near similarly aged girls. Her year had a very small number of students compared to the recent years and it was shocking that so little house division showed in the group well except Slytherin. There was Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet from Gryffindor, as well as herself and Sarah Fawcett from Ravenclaw and a shy girl named Siobhan McGivney from Hufflepuff. The older girls were with their boyfriends leaving the third and fourth years to their own devices although they wondered where Penelope Clearwater had gone off to and with who.

‘Right just spend some time with the girlfriends,’ Tonks thought with some niggling doubts. ‘If someone asks why I am buying what I am buying I can blame it on some younger students being embarrassed to owl home and it will be the truth. A shame that Katie is a year younger but I know Lina and Licia will drag her around and at the least smuggle some butterbeer up for the girl.’

“So what do we plan to see this time?” Alicia asked the group. “I know some shopping I need to do and I want to try some new clothes on.”

“That sounds like an excellent idea,” Siobhan said with a smile. “There are never enough clothes and combinations though charms to make them comfortable no matter the conditions are rather worth it.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Angelina said with a grin as the clothes and some to tease were always interesting. “Still need to stop and get something to drink later. Anyone else need to shop for things to take back?”

“You plan to sneak some butterbeers back for Katie?” Sarah asked with a thought. “Yeah a few of the second years ponied up some sickles for some things. Why most firsties don’t ask I don’t know?”

The group stopped when they noticed that Tonks hadn’t moved after Sarah had said that. Her sudden shift in behavior was disconcerting as the normally bubble gum pink haired girl had a similar personality to her hair and was easy going. That something caused her to stop was a very troubling notion for the group and even if Tonks was the one who didn’t seem as interested in the boys yet didn’t mean that they were not concerned about the girl.

“Tonks,” Alicia asked in concern, “is there something that you want to tell us?”

“Um,” she stuttered as she shuffled her feet in embarrassment. “A firstie sort of asked me to pick some things up for him and well um…”

“Oh what firstie could get the unflappable Tonks so embarrassed?” Sarah asked teasing her housemate. “Could it be that particularly intriguing one?”

“Sarah!” Tonks shrieked in irritation. “Just because he put a seventh year in line without a spell doesn’t mean anything…”

“Now look who’s acting all defensive,” Alicia teased. “So the legend himself huh?”

“Considering he already has a new nickname,” Sarah said with some amusement, “it is not that unexpected. I heard that he got in a spat or two with some OWL level students and came out with them disabled. Then again he did gain the moniker of the Black Prince of Ravenclaw for his aloof manner and command of sufficiently intimidating spells already.”

“He is a Black by blood,” Tonks admitted with a sigh. “He does act more like the old time ones than the previous few. Still having a first year ask you to go and buy things for them the way he did is just unsettling.”

“He does come off as a very dominant boy already,” Siobhan said as she thought about the in house rumors about him. “As he is neither the Gryffindor’s Golden Boy nor the Slytherin’s Silver Staff as some thought he would be, he does create a bit of mystery. Personally I had expected him based on what little we know of things to have been in one of those two houses. Still considering the rumors of his loyalty to his friend I would say that he has a good mix of characteristics for future development.”

“He is only eleven,” Angelina said in contemplation, “although he doesn’t act like a kid most times from what I have seen. Not a bad body already and if he tones up and matures he will likely have to beat off prospective girlfriends with a stick.”

The unknown sexual innuendo of what Angelina said caused Tonks to blush and fidget for a moment. That drew the girls to her like sharks to blood. They had to know what caused their outgoing but completely still seemingly asexual girlfriend to act like that. Besides it was about the boy who if given how similar he looked to his parents would be one very handsome man in a few years.

“Oh Tonks,” Alicia teased with a smirk on her face. “What did you see? Let me guess he asked you to stop in for the money for what he wanted and you saw him shirtless… so does it look like some are already suspecting? Will he be serious eye candy in a few years?”

After Tonks had been fidgeting back and forth some more with a good deal of blushing, Angela had enough and shouted out, “Spit it out already!”

“I saw him starkers!” Tonks blurted out as her hair and body took on a very crimson red color. “Already got muscles that would be indecent for a teen Adonis and the way he moves… It makes me think he is a jungle cat!”

“Well that is more than expected,” Sarah said with a sigh of disappointment. “Now considering you saw him in the all together does he have a decent sized tackle?”

“Sarah!” Tonks sputtered in disbelief. “He is eleven! Just because his wand is better described as a baton doesn’t mean you should perve on him! Besides he seems to have a very attractive and attached witch already. Even if they were childhood friends they seemed joined at the hips!”

“Ah Hermione,” Sarah said in understanding. “I am sure that she wouldn’t mind being joined not necessarily at the hips considering she rarely goes far from him. He does seem almost vicious in his protection of her. So is there any truth to the rumor that he beat that seventh year just for leering at you?”

“Yeah he did,” Tonks said with a blush. “One of the most flattering things I guy ever did for me. It made me feel safe if you know what I mean?”

“Ooh,” Alicia said with a grin as she teased and prodded the girl. “You got it bad. Still considering that he doesn’t look eleven I can see why it would be so frustrating.”

“So we won’t tell anyone but expect some teasing that your shopping for things a younger guy wants you to get,” Siobhan said with a smirk. “Still it’s not like he necessarily knows how to flirt or kiss so you shouldn’t be too concerned. Though the way he acts at times…”

“True enough,” Sarah said as she thought about the way he had reacted to the school viewing him as a celebrity and that some had attempted to stalk him only to wake up in very embarrassing situations. “Still when he gets commanding it sends a thrill through you. If he was just a little older, there would be no issue and it might be fun…”

As her friends went back and forth, there was Tonks practically glowing from how bright her blush was. That she had barely managed to get dressed again in time after practically spraying herself off when she had finished taking care of her frustration was not helping her at the moment. She had been conflicted between being amused, embarrassed and aroused from what some of the images the more perverted uses for the some of the things on the list had inspired.

‘If it was only kissing and flirting, it wouldn’t be so embarrassing,’ Tonks thought as she tried to stay upright as the blood rushed to her face as well as other areas. ‘Considering he could get almost any girl with his fame but that he hasn’t is reassuring. Still with the fact that he knows enough about the female body to play it like an instrument is troubling. I guess I feel better considering that he really doesn’t just tease a girl and then wham he is fucking her and then dumps her dripping cum in some dark room. Still those worries are for later as I really need to try to avoid them seeing what is on that list and what I agreed to buy.’

“It might be fun teaching him to kiss,” Alicia said after a moment. “It would be nice to not have to untrain a guy in how to kiss before teaching them the right way. Where they get some of the ideas that they have on how to please a girl let alone treat a girl I don’t want to know. At least we don’t go into our first kiss with anything like that in mind.”

“He already knows,” Tonks absentmindedly replied. “I cannot believe he got me to agree to this with just a kiss. One knee shacking toe curling passionate kiss I will admit but still one kiss.”

“You kissed him!” the four shouted wide eyed before dragging Tonks to a slightly secluded alley. “Tell us!”

“Ok, ok,” Tonks said as she tried to stand on her own feet after being moved about. “So you want me to tell you about the kiss? What part? Where it made my legs feel as limp as noodles? Maybe where my toes curled and my body arch into it?”

“Yes,” Alicia said with a very commanding voice. “Tell us how it was!”

“It was so good that when he asked me to do some shopping I agreed without looking at what was on the list,” Tonks said with a blush. “Now I don’t want any of you telling anyone about this!”

“We promise,” the girls agreed. “We won’t tell anyone!”

“Good,” Tonks said with a nod. “I still can’t believe that I was so embarrassed that I went to Penelope for advice!”

“Why didn’t you come to me?” Sarah asked indignantly. “We are friends are we not?”

“Yeah,” Tonks said with a blush. “I just didn’t want anyone to know. It seems so embarrassing. He is so young and you know how most boys are I just didn’t want to become another conquest. You know most of the boys would have used that kind of fame to see how many girls they could get on their back!”

“True,” Alicia said with a nod. “Fred and George likely would if they didn’t know that if they ever told anyone they would either not be believed as people would think it a prank as well as the fact that we would make their lives hell.”

“So true,” Angelina agreed. “Still while they may be jokers at least they didn’t even tell Lee about our rather heated first kiss.”

“Yeah it was so hot that I needed some time to cool down,” Alicia admitted. “You know this would be better over butterbeer or maybe some Ogden’s.”

“True enough,” Siobhan said as she thought over things. “Definitely should be somewhere with a silencing charm considering how some people gossip…”

“Lavender and Parvati may be firsties but they seem to have literally become the main gossip sources for Gryffindor,” Angelina said. “They may seem nice but they cannot seem to keep their mouths shut!”

“That will make them real popular with the boys soon maybe even next year,” Sarah said with a frown. “Anyone else notice that the older boys are starting to look at us more?”

“Yes though they seem to think that because we are younger and it would be a privilege to date them that we should gladly service them,” Alicia said with a frown. “I will admit that if Oliver was like that we would have seen how he liked a bludger being lodged somewhere unpleasant. He is already going somewhat insane due to having to train a seeker with barely any talent!”

“So you really did a good thing there Tonks,” Angelina said with a sad look. “Your talent was bandied about pretty quick. I take it that he put someone who made a fool of themselves about you in their place. So that was what that was about. Considering some of the idiocies that the boys are starting to ask their girlfriends to do that is a definitely very good thing.”

“Some boys just don’t know when to take a no,” Siobhan said with a sigh. “Thankfully any guy doing that to a Puff would get the whole house on them so called man code or not! Still even if he is a firstie he commands enough influence to keep you safe. I even heard that Snape of all people doesn’t antagonize him since his first lesson and it is pretty much common knowledge that he hated James Potter with a vengeance.”

“Still having to ask a boy two years younger for protection seems off,” Tonks said with her head down. “I should know enough to handle a guy trying that. Hell we are witches and shouldn’t have to think about that but it seems more like things are going backwards ever since You-Know-Who fell! We had a female minister and now we have all kinds of things that mum gripes about just quietly enough that I could barely hear her! I don’t know about you but as much as I eventually want a family there is no way that I plan to be a stay at home mother popping out kids whenever!”

“We here you,” Alicia said with a sigh. “It is like all the progress witches made centuries ago are going backwards. I am amazed that there haven’t been reports and studies run in the prophet about certain behaviors contributing to squibs as a way to decry them.”

“Someone has been listening to too much of the parents conversations,” Angelina said with a snicker. “Come on Lish we are young and should act like it. As Tonks here seems to be embarrassed about what she was sent to get it is probably simple things that she thinks we would think were being purchased for improper uses. Like we were a teacher bickering about things.”

“So you are saying that we should let Tonks shop without us ribbing her?” Sarah asked. “How decidedly kind of you or is it that you wanting to make some purchases of your own without us digging?”

It was a blushing Angelina which answered, “I was being kind, but there are some things that a girl wants to keep private…”

“So true,” Siobhan said with a whimsical sigh. “Still as much fun as teasing could be I need a drink. I am sure that you could do with one as well. Coping with the atrocious manners in their attempts to entice one to date them is rather simply cured by liquor though not before they ask you out or during the date as while they might be virile they are not necessarily vigorous and satisfying. It is a shame that proper whisky is hard to find, Ogden’s is all well and good but it doesn’t have the same smooth flavor of proper whiskey.”

“Don’t worry, Lina, Tonks,” Alicia said with a grin. “Just don’t wander too much. It may be a small village but you never know…”

“True enough,” Tonks said with a sigh. “As long as I have my wand or some leverage I should be good. Still when this is over I think I really need to talk with you lot over some things.”

“Ah you finally figured out that kissing was good,” Angelina said in a sage tone. “Well it is about time! I thought you at least would be kissing last year so what through you off?”

“I missed the school talk and mum’s was rather… intimidating,” Tonks admitted with a sigh, “Just don’t say I am a bad friend as I was tempted to talk to you last night, but all of you were busy.”

“True,” Sarah said with a slight smile. “I was rather busy and I know Alicia and Angelina were as well. What about you Siobhan?”

Alicia and Angelina had blushed at the way that Sarah had said they were busy. Tonks blinked at that wondering what the two had been up to. Siobhan had been rather hard to fluster over the years and tended to tease far more than the others. So they all wondered what she had been up to.

“I was regretfully busy,” Siobhan said without a hint of what, who or even how she had been occupied. “Some house business is all I can say. I will admit that I was rather… engaged for a while.”

None of them imagined it was what it had been and as a good Puff Siobhan would not talk about it. That none of them admitted that everyone was a deviant or a pervert in some manner could be part of that. The Wizarding world was an odd duck in the way it denied certain truths that a few millenniums before hand was considered normal or at least for Europe anyways.

“Like you will ever tell us what that means,” Sarah said with a forlorn sigh. “So you want us to let you shop so that we don’t read things into it that are not there. Considering that most boys can look at anything and think of a perverted use for them is immaterial to if it is intended for that or not. So you got a proper version of the Talk from Penelope. I wonder what she said care to tell us?”

“Not really,” Tonks said with a blush. “Let’s just say that it was informative and it would have been almost as mortifying if mum had added those parts to the talk. I guess in a way I am a late bloomer in such interests.”

“So you’re finally growing up?” Alicia asked with a grin. “Good for you at least you didn’t get traumatized by your mum’s ideas of how to keep calm because of the excitement of a date.”

“Just because it is less embarrassing for someone your own age or sooner to tell you about those things is no reason to imply that your mum never had such issues or still does,” Siobhan said with an amused smile. “I know I don’t plan to sit around at that age and just tend house without some compensation…”

“You seem to have a better idea of what you want from a husband,” Angelina said with a smirk. “So you are definitely going to make sure that any husband you get is both good at such duties and willing to actually satisfy them often enough for your peace of mind.”

“Of course,” Siobhan said with a wry smile. “Any woman that does not is a fool or a tool of a fool. While things are different back home than here a bit it seems that at least most of us lucked out without the likes of certain mothers from indoctrinating us to repress our needs and the issues of such repression. Now since you don’t want to talk about the Talk you had with Penelope, we should let you go to your shopping. I will admit that the rumor of the boy is already the talk in my house. It is nice to see boys who are not complete idiots in such matters…”

With that Siobhan steered the group from Tonks so that she could go about her shopping. She was well aware of what had happened and for a moment wished that the girl had been sorted into Hufflepuff with her. If she had the Talk from her mother would have been corrected and the current conflict she could feel of her friends ideals would have been rendered pointless. It was a good thing that the Puffs were few and far between willing to break the house rules. Still none of them were fool enough to force themselves on a girl unless she was into that sort of thing. That Tonks was a metamorphmagus had no effect on how tempting she had already been to invite to a proper Puff party.

As Siobhan was contemplating this as the rest went their own ways, Tonks was scouring the shelves in the apothecary. It was best to get the least of the embarrassing items out of the way or at least that had been her thought. Trying to find where she could get the common items that were so delightfully delicious in their decadent implications was something she had wanted to put off.

‘The crop should be easily enough to find in a pet store as horses are still used though most are magical,’ Tonks thought as she grabbed the various ingredients off the shelf. “The leash and collar as well in the same store should work and seem not too out there. It is what could be used as restraints and the paddle and plug that would be difficult unless something for muggle studies would work…’

Having gathered the potions ingredients without looking at the prices she was rather shocked at the amount but found that the bag had far more than enough. Oddly she found a small card in there with a message to hand it to the Apothecary. Not paying much mind to the little card she removed it from the bag and looked at it curiously.

“Um I was supposed to hand this to you,” Tonks said with a shiver of embarrassment. “I don’t know why but he was rather insistent on it…”

“What’s this now?” the shopkeeper asked in irritation before his jaw dropped as he read the card and double checked the sigil on it. “Merlin’s balls girl! Why didn’t you bloody well say HE sent you? Still I wouldn’t think that a young girl like you would be working for him, but considering how reclusive he is... right now here’s your change back and let him know it was a pleasure doing business with the man.”

The blinking Tonks managed to nod her agreement before finding herself shooed out the store with only the most minimal dent in her funds. She could barely hear the man grumbling about something. Unknowingly she shifted her ears just enough to hear what he had to say.

“Bugger me but that was a close thing,” he whispered shacking as he downed a rather large amount of fire whiskey. “I almost overcharged one of the most preeminent and powerful of the Knocturn underground potion experts. That he is known to brew things that most masters consider difficult is a known thing. I wonder if Potions Master Snape knows that one of his kiddies works for the man that consistently is heralded as likely being better than him or at least will be in the near future. A shame that he charges so much for his more refined potions or I would be able to stock a few more than what I can get off my cousin. Not like anyone would try to double cross him after what happened that time. I’d have been lucky to be a squib if he found out I overcharged one of his couriers.”

‘This just gets more and more disconcerting,’ Tonks thought as she wandered over to the pet supply store. ‘I am in effect working for someone that obviously has enough of a reputation to send people to cowering and they don’t even know what political influence he will have in a few years. About the only thing mum taught me that wasn’t messed up with her notions was the who’s who in the Wizarding World. At least I know how he was able to intimidate a seventh year if he hangs in Knocturn enough for the shopkeepers to tread that lightly in his regard.’

“Hello,” the sales girl at the counter said as she got into the store. “Is there anything I can get you?”

“Ah yes,” Tonks said after calming herself at the girl’s sudden appearance. “Just need a few simple things.”

“Oh,” she said with a slight peak of interest at Tonks actions. “What would those be?”

‘I must not be flustered,’ Tonks thought before she turned to her and said, “A collar for a pet with a leash attached and a… few training tools.”

“Hmm,” she said looking the thirteen year old over and reminiscing before giving her a wink. “Of course, I take it you would like to look over the training tools? It is ever so important to know how to discipline a pet…”

“Yes,” Tonks said with her head down and her face flushed. “I just wasn’t sure what to say…”

“A newbie,” she said with a grin. “Names Jane by the way, so as there is no one to overhear and judge what do you really need? It is nice to see more being themselves and it is easier than getting similar things as those people are quite disconcerting for a first timer.”

“Yeah I think he decided to see how flustered this makes me,” Tonks commiserated with a sigh. “Not what I thought my first relationship would be but it is interesting.”

“Ah so not shopping for your own but your owner,” Jane said with a nod before looking at her again. “Not quite but soon enough anyways. So what did your darling soon to be owner ask you to get? I swear more of the girls lately have been so repressed that they could clench diamonds.”

“Tell me about it considering how good mum did in making me even more repressed,” Tonks complained not even considering what and who she was talking to as she flushed and flustered under the attention. “Still he knows how to get a girl excited even if she doesn’t know herself. Oh right a ridding crop, a paddle and I’m rather embarrassed at something to use as a plug.”

“Oh my, it seems that you lucked out and didn’t get one of the disappointing unimaginative,” Jane said with a grin as she gave Tonks one serious looking over. “I can see why he would want to get you flustered as it makes you look cute. Hmm… you definitely got the skin tone to look very hot after a good spanking or paddling. Now bend over a tad. Ah marvelous I can see why those are on the list. Why it looks like he already gave you a good spanking!”

“Made me cum like crazy,” Tonks said lost in the memory and not even hesitated as Jane maneuvered her to look her over. “Still I think he likes the chase a bit too much though considering how difficult habits are to break…”

“Let me guess your mum wanted you to be a straight vanilla prude,” Jane said with a sigh as she barely managed to keep from grabbing Tonks and fondling and groping her available body before helping her from where she had been touching her toes with her legs spread oh so. “That would be such a waste with a body as good looking and responsive as yours! Why I can see the handprints still there man you are so lucky! It is a shame that you hide yourself with those panties even if they accent you so well. Now right over here are a selection of good disciplining and instructional tools, so what do you think of them?”

“Hmm,” Tonks leaning more to being Dora looked over the selection that had been not in the main part of the store. “So much to choose from it is so hard to decide if only I hadn’t been told explicitly what to get and not to get more than a few toys for myself. Some restraints might be nice as well but he said to only get a paddle and a crop that I would need to earn more.”

“Ah an experienced one than,” Jane said with a sigh. “If only I had found one in school instead of most of those fumblers things would have been better. Now did he say that or just imply that?”

“Imply,” Tonks said with a frown. “He did say only to pick up what was on the list and to indulge myself a little with some of the left over gold; although he was rather insistent on going slowly as he wants to make this whole thing an arousing and frustrating seduction. That can be rather frustrating at times considering he considers getting me worked up before leaving me flustered as a good way to get things resolved.”

“Nice,” Jane said with a grin. “I take it that he makes sure you are worked up and begging for release and then watches as you get off?”

“No he is more like get me worked up enough until I have to get myself off a few times while his other pet gets to help him work off the heat from an encounter,” Tonks admitted even as her leaning to Dora almost became more so apparent. “He wants me to be completely and utterly committed and willing to do whatever he says and I still have a few issues to work through. Stupid prudish habits mum ingrained.”

“Well that is likely the next step though,” Jane said with a frown. “Man your mum must almost be bad as that Weasley woman. I swear she has the strangest notions that I have ever heard of and that she is considered normal is scary. Considering that it is as you said your first relationship there are more trust issues to work through. Now you have the paddle and crop along with the standard pet gear so anything else besides a plug?”

“No I think that will be everything,” Tonks said with a sigh as Dora was screaming for some release. “Still if I don’t do this now I will likely chicken out later any chance I could get two sets? I may not be ready for it yet but I can tell that before the year is out that given how good he is at convincing me that it is a quite pleasant and most definitely going to be pleasurable inevitability. I’d say more and offer something but given how I seem to regress if I go too far in addition to the fact that he was rather insistent that while he may let me play at some point that he decides who I can and will play with.”

“I take it by that you wouldn’t really mind a trade in some mutual release if it was not for that,” Jane said with a wistful sigh. “I was hoping… but I guess that doesn’t matter at this time. So no touching of you or by you for me than, is there any chance you want to wear the plug out?”

“Tempting,” Dora said as she shuddered at the thought mixed with what she believed his reaction would be. “Still as much fun as being a bad girl and being punished for it would be fun I have a feeling that if I did he would make sure I was rather prolonged in suffering.”

“Hmm,” Jane said once more distracted with her thoughts on asking whoever her owner was at a later time to play with her even if she had to trade time to do so. “Considering what your master sounds like I take it that a chastity charm of some sort would be a punishment at this point. When you get a chance bring him down and we can talk some shop. Though I think he might be willing to send you for some things in this catalogue. Do try not to let any of the professors see as I would get in a large amount of trouble considering how oppressive they can be…”

“I won’t,” Dora promised before smirking. “Promise on never having a proper orgasm again that I would let that happen. Now if you will ring things up I have to send a bit of post that can’t be sent from the school…”

“Say no more,” Jane said with a smirk of anticipation. “Wish I could give you a bit more of a discount but I don’t think that your master wants to share with others yet. Even if I would like to considering how delicious that you look, ah well only thing that would make you more tempting would be if you were a part Veela or a metamorphmagus. I have heard that with practice that they can do things that make positions that one would normally need to be either a contortionist or willing to vanish and regrow bones possible.”

“I thought it was for something like this,” Dora remarked before shifting herself and letting a much altered tongue reach to swirl the air around her nipple. “I have to admit that Master seems rather interested and appreciative of what it allows for oral so far…”

“Bloody hell,” Jane said as she gazed at the very flexible appendage. “I can see why he wants you from just your personality and base appearance but with the possibilities with that. He better be powerful or one of the oh so proper sort will want to see you disappear as their private plaything. Tell your owner that I wouldn’t mind a go with you before and it would be nice to try without the worry about self induced or otherwise induced transfigurations failing or reverting part way through…”

“I will,” Dora said with a saucy smirk. “So any chance you could throw in some non penetrative toys as my master wants to be the first so much he made sure I cannot even insert anything more than a few fingers and rather shallow at that…”

“You bet,” Jane said in a daze. “Just ask if he would permit you to go down on me at some later date ok?”

“Sure,” Dora said. “It might be fun seeing how limp and loud you can get. Still as much as I would like to do so…”

“Yeah yeah just pass the message on,” Jane said as she added a few items and dropped a few coins from the price. “Three galleons if you would as I said I would go lower but that is barely above cost. Any chance you would let me place one of these on you since you didn’t want the plug yet?”

“No as much as I would enjoy it getting through the rest of the day would be trying like that,” Dora said with a sigh. “Still they seem simple enough to use just place them against and let them work. Maybe the next shopping trip we can always hope.”

“Sure though there is a sales girl at Gladrags that might be willing to help you out later,” Jane said as she placed the galleons in the register. “Ask for Emma and be sure that you don’t mind or are allowed to have wandering fingers and hands as she won’t work on someone without at least a feel. Still she does know how to conceal toys the best that I have seen considering she has a butt plug inside that vibrates along with some balls and a flat held on by her panties. I would say she also adds a few charms to make things easier if you know what I mean?”

“No problem,” Dora said after readily paying the girl. “Still wish I could… but such is life. Work your finger a bit sore thinking of me?”

“Definitely,” Jane said as she grabbed a toy from out under the counter, “I wouldn’t mind if you watched, but your master needs you to do some more things and I would like it much more to have you as a participant. So if you have a few fantasies with me in them I wouldn’t mind…”

“Until later,” Dora said as she walked out the store. “Oh names Dora by the way and hope you can have some fun and I would like to but well you know how it is…”

“Until later and as often as well,” Jane said turning a sign to say that she was occupied before ducking behind the counter and getting some relief, “is how I would love to try that…”

Meanwhile as Jane worked her arousal out with a wide variety of toys, Dora headed towards the Post Owl Office. As it was that she had already accomplished most of what she had been asked to do there was little worry about this part of the day and then she could go get a rather strong drink she hoped. Well either that or have managed to agree to let Jane either slip one of the vibrators of plug under her panties. Considering that she had been half ready to strip and play if it hadn’t been for the notions that were keeping her more outgoing personality somewhat constrained.

‘I wonder if I can get Rose to give me something stronger than butter beer.’ Dora thought as she looked to see Honeydukes before heading into the office. ‘Well chocolate would help and maybe trying some of the toys out. At least I didn’t say I would get new clothes and model them. Still considering that they might want something special I might have to keep that in mind. If only my prudish side didn’t conspire with my obedient little sub’s side or I could have gotten some relief with Jane… ah well there is always later as I told her. Now to get these few things posted and out to get that drink and some food!’

“Is there something in particular that you need Miss?” the counter boy said barely keeping from openly gaping at how she looked. “We have a wide variety of owls to deliver here as well as a drop if that is what you require.”

“A few letters to post securely and with utmost confidentiality,” Dora said as she looked dismissively at the boy as he lacked any spark of interest even to her slowly sinking lusts. “My face is up here boy and I am not above hanging you from the rafters by your balls if you even attempt to complete that notion!”

“Yes Ma’am!” the clerk barked as he dragged his eyes from where they had been glued to her chest and gulped while one hand instinctively covered himself from her threat. “They’re the ones over there with the rune inscribed bands.”

“Good,” Dora said as she walked to the owls in question and snatched a few one for each message. “Now if I even suspect that you looked at these by having the owls fly back to you first I will do worse is that clear?”

“Perfectly clear ma’am,” The clerk said with his eyes wide at the beautiful but decidedly dangerous girl before he went pale when he saw the wax seal on one of the letters. “You were never here and there were no letters sent from here at this time.”

“Good,” Dora said with a smirk reveling in being able to take her frustration out on someone. “If I find out otherwise…”

“I’ll likely already be enjoying my uncle’s dungeon and life as a squib,” the clerk said with shaking hands. “Man may not be known outside the alley but his reputation does not lead one to much forgiveness. By the way names Eric, just ask for me when you stop. The man was able to get one of the most powerful restorative draughts that St. Mungo’s wouldn’t provide for someone like him. I owe him one anyways. Besides he may not exactly be the most law abiding individual but he takes care of those around him. Even the older purebloods get less respect there than him. So if you work for him than you deserve that at least. Sides it’s not like a few of us didn’t move here from the alley bit better chance without Aurors asking questions and all. Bloody wish they wouldn’t seem to want a bit of a cut on things, but what can you do they’re with the Ministry.”

“I see,” Dora said with a sigh. “I’d apologize but you know I wouldn’t mean it. The boss seems to want me a bit off kilter for some reason and as you were an available target I let myself vent a bit. Still that doesn’t mean that those were idle threats just a bit less polite than I would try…”

“I understand,” Eric said with a slight smile. “I used to do some deliveries to make enough to pay for school. Uncle wanted something better for me and all that. Still I won’t apologize when I say that you are attractive and that I wouldn’t mind something a bit down the road. While you may be old enough there is the matter of image the way things are with the tossers. Unless you are betrothed or less than a halfblood such relationships are frowned on for your age. Still the rise of the so called light and their new morality and legal pressures can be a bit annoying. Sides there were only two places to get work around here, the Alley or here as Diagon would never hire me even if I got the abilities.”

“True enough,” Dora said with a slight smirk. “Still considering that this was the last business stop I might as well get on my way.”

“Ah not your first run considering how you handled yourself,” Eric said with a sage nod. “Still a bit of pickup wouldn’t hurt. It’s a shame that the Sticks tends to check more than the Head as they are a bit less stressful after a job. Wish I could give you a name but Rosy keeps a tight leash on her place. If you stop in the Head though, I’d ask for Erin as while he may be family he is discrete and keeps his head down. Sides we owe a favor and easing things is no trouble at all.”

“I’ll think about it,” Dora said with a slight frown. “I did have some after business plans for the Sticks, but a stiff one wouldn’t hurt.”

Dora glared at him at his snort although she had frowned right after when she realized that she had let that slip. The double meaning of what she had said had been amusing to both of them. Still she had an image to keep at this moment. While she realized that her inner nature was not that suited for what she had been doing acting like she was had been fun. With a sharp nod at Eric she turned and suppressed a smirk as he ogled her with just a hint of fear as she walked away.

‘The drink would be good, but I wouldn’t mind a stiff one or rather his,’ Dora thought with as she walked out of the office. ‘Still considering how self conscious I was, it is nice to know that men think I am attractive without seeing me as just a living sex toy. I know that the girls would feel proud to get attention like that but can I keep control compared to my usual self around my friends. Now that is an interesting problem. Hopefully they just chalk it into my no longer being mostly asexual.’

As she exited into the street, Dora turned left to look towards the Three Broomsticks before looking slightly to her right. It was a hard decision going through her mind. Stop for chocolate or get some butter beer. At least those were the obvious choices as part of her wanted to dart further down and .see if she could get Erin to give her a good hard drink to wash the stress out well either that of hope to convince herself to pop back to with Jane and loose herself in a writhing pile on the floor with the girl.

With a very difficult step she turned to her right and walked slowly towards Honeydukes. Chocolate would have to be good enough and she had a fair amount more spending money than normal. A simple plan of to go in get the chocolate and meet the girls for butterbeer was on her mind and that was exactly what she did. She studiously avoided talking any more than necessary to the girl, Lisa, at the counter and while indulging in a higher grade of chocolate than normal avoided any ideas that she was commiserating breaking up that she had brought up.

On leaving the chocolate store she made a sharp right and headed to where her friends were meeting her. Entering she waved at Rosy and after a quick moment sat to wait nursing her butterbeer and nibbling her chocolate. As she sat there she felt herself relaxing from the stress and excitement that she had been experiencing. The chocolate had helped her to slip back to herself as while Dora found the chocolate to be a somewhat poor alternate to release it did provide the same calm if to a lesser extent.

So when her friends showed up loaded down with bags from several places including Gladrags it was to this sight that greeted them. Tonks was reclining against a wall seat and had a few bottles of butterbeer polished off and wrappers from Honeydukes with a small bit of food left on a plate. She was leaned back with a very relaxed look on her face and the afterglow that was second only to a good hard climax was present.

“Tonks!” Angelina shouted with a stern look to her face as she got close enough for the group to not be overheard. “Where the hell did you get the galleons for that?”

“Tip,” Tonks said acting very mellow and unconcerned about her friend’s behavior. “I got more than enough to share if you want some. Now this is some seriously good chocolate…”

“Yes Tonks,” Alicia said as she went wide eyed at the chocolate that was worth almost as much as the clothes in her bag. “We can see that.”

“Oh don’t be such a worry wart,” Siobhan said as she graciously took a small piece of the exorbantly priced chocolate and sat with it gently and lovingly placed into her mouth as her eyes closed in bliss and a moan of pleasure coming from her throat. “That is definitely the best chocolate ever.”

“So I would say that your shopping went well if the tip was any indication,” Sarah said as she eyed the bags around Tonks. “Still you aren’t going to tell us what you did so there is no point to press.”

“Let’s just say that I met some people that can be helpful that I didn’t know,” Tonks said with a contented sigh. “I really over did it and I hope you three don’t mind helping me back up later as I feel like I won’t be really able to move. Too tired and wore out to do more than stumble back…”

“Of course,” Alicia said with a grin as they soon relaxed with a butterbeer and a taste of the heavenly chocolate. “Hmm you were right this is good. Still next time we need to get you some new clothes since you don’t seem to be feeling like dressing as prudish.”

“Got a name to ask for at Gladrags,” Tonks said with a sigh as she let the chocolate melt in her mouth and slowly suckle it down her throat. “Does some very personal and precise fittings…”

“Ah,” Siobhan said with a slow moan. “I heard there was but it is almost as hard to find as the legendary stores hidden in Knocturn. There is supposed to be a wand crafter as well as an unmatched tailor their and some of the shops are well worth the risk of being accosted to get what is so hard to find outside the alley especially for teenagers as the adults only alley seems to be less populated with the rise of the new light.”

“Hidden Delights on Chamber Street in Corset formerly Original Alley is a myth as much as there being an Alley called Sense that caters to exploring the reaches of ones sensations,” Alicia said with a sad sigh. “Why do you think that certain muggle stores are readily snuck into otherwise?”

“True enough,” Angelina said with a slight wry smile. “Still since it is annoying switching from wand to other methods as mutual incompatibility can be trying…”

That got agreements from most of them except Tonks who wondered about that as there were items that ran off magic instead of electricity to use. Maybe when she was more secure in things she would lend a few of the new toys out but it was getting late and they had zoned out with the chocolate longer than they had thought.

“Where does the time go?” Tonks asked with a sad sigh. “If we don’t move soon we will be late.”

“Fuck,” Alicia cursed softly as she noticed the time. “Your right we need to move. Next time you will have some new clothes and I know you won’t mind showing them off by then.”

“True,” Tonks said with a sigh. “Still I need time as it seems for every step forward to being less repressed I tend to go a few back after the fact. Now we need to move and I know I am more than a bit tipsy!”

“Right,” Siobhan said casting a quick spell on the group. “That’s the best I can do but there is a potion to keep any problems tomorrow from being out of hand. We got enough time barely to get back.”

With that the four friends stumbled as quickly as they could back to Hogwarts. Tonks tried to keep the slight bit of dread she felt if her bags fell open from her face. Though the little voice was fairly certain that she would be able to bribe her friends silence with a few of the toys there given the way the conversation had gone. Now her only worry was the final part of the job and if she was too buzzed and aroused still to do something other than eagerly submit to or beg to join them that night.

‘Hopefully I hope I can resist enough to get to bed alone,’ Tonks thought as her mind was teased by Dora’s lewd ideas for all the things she had bought for pleasurable activities. ‘I know I am neither a slut or a sex toy no matter how tempting not having to worry about regret and responsibilities makes either position ease ones consciousness in objecting. No shame, no regret just a life of satisfaction… oh how tempting that succumbing into such submission seems at times. If it wasn’t for Harry that likely would be what I would have done with anyone if they got me off with me being so repressed. A complete shift from repressing to embracing sensory sensations of the most sensual and sexual would have occurred. How is it that my inner deviant has a better vocabulary than me? Ah well I best get to the Tower and drop these things off and plan to use some of the extras to keep myself from plunging in as I know I would wake up even more split.’



*******

Hermione and Harry had joined the gathered first year Ravenclaw students on the slightly gloomy Saturday morning. An optional preparatory elective for the future elective of Care for Magical Creatures was meeting. Defense was to cover the dangerous creatures and how to handle them while Care was to deal with normal or magically normal animals and how to react and handle them in situations as well as basics of how to raise them. While people milled about they were unable to overhear the conversation between the two as it was barely as loud as whispers.

“Well things seem to be going well today,” Hermione said with a sigh as she watched the professor bring over a few cages of animals. “Still I cannot shake the feeling that something is going to be odd here.”

“While we get along with our companions there is the fact that even mundane animals are more aware of things than people,” Harry said with a sigh as he tried to stay downwind of the cages. “Magical creatures appear to be even more in tune with their instincts even if they get a greater cognitive potential.”

“You are practicing for those verbal exams already?” Hermione asked with a sigh. “Have I told you how uncertain I was about coming here before I saw you were here as well? Still I could have made mention of the name or cover name and we could have put this behind us and gotten time to compare on information coming in.”

“I was unsure if they had noticed your magical potential,” Harry said with a wistful look. “From my times exploring and gaining information before I had suspected you had talent, but as potions were not something that I felt you were ready to become as consumed with as our friends were there would be no proof. Despite what you may have heard there are other ways and methods of manipulating magic. Not necessarily better but different. Once we are sure that we truly have a decent grounding in this form perhaps we should investigate some other cultures information.”

“Su or Parvati?” Hermione asked with a glance at the girls. “Oriental magic may differ and there may be further variety between Chinese and Indian traditions. Are you forgetting that simple potion I brewed? Still there was significant difference between that and what we are being taught here.”

“I will admit that the education has not been as well in class for that subject, but it has been getting better,” Harry said with a smirk. “I do have a few years of experiments in the field to give me a more practical foundation. It was rather entertaining finding how many herbs that are treated as weeds by muggles were actually quite useful.”

“Considering what I read in a Thousand Herbs and Fungi that is not that shocking,” Hermione said as she had wondered about some of the simple experiments that just playing with mixing plants could have caused. “Still I wish that you had actually told me more about these things. I thought you were mostly brewing herbal remedies instead of potions.”

“I told you that it was useful and profitable,” Harry said with a shrug. “Besides you were a good deal harder to figure out than Alice was. Still you two are scarily alike at times. Must be the mutual blood…”

“Don’t get started on the nature nurture argument again,” Hermione said with a huff as they waited for the professor to continue his introductory speech, “besides while I will admit to having gained a somewhat fond appreciation for blood there is no evidence that blood decides everything!”

“Blood is life,” Harry said with a sage nod. “It is more than just the mixing of proteins and other organic material in a liquid suspension with iron bonding oxygen. To reduce it to the mere components shows a lack of the whole. You do recall your first taste as it flows down the tongue and down the throat to settle the stomach in a way that nothing else really does, do you not?”

“I remember,” Hermione admitted with a far off look and wistful smile on her face. “It was different more sating than anything I had drunk before even if it was but a few drops. It was intoxicating as well as intense in its flavor. Still human tastes better than animal well normal animals anyways…”

“Magic flows in the blood,” Harry said with a shrug. “In magical creatures the magic is more apparent and available than the mere spark that all living beings have. Well at least now he is over his introduction.”

“Shh we need to pay attention now,” Hermione almost whispered as the professor finally paid attention to them. “At least that explains why it was so potent that night…”

Trailing off as she had to process what the professor was saying Hermione was struck by a thought that the effects of the taste of blood might have lasting effects. Oh troll blood was not likely to have the same lasting effects of drinking even diluted Re’em blood, but there would likely be traces for a while still. A small part of her mind was analyzing new prey to get a snack on. It was likely something to indulge in at a later date. For a moment she wondered if Tonks was suffering through the side effects that seemed to plague her after that first time that she had imbibed not just human blood but Harry’s as well as Alice’s and Anne’s blood.

“Now today we have a few simple creatures for you to see,” Professor Kettleburn said as he looked the first year Ravenclaws over. “None of them are too dangerous but are not too common. Most of you grew up with puffskins and nifflers so these would not be too different. There is however a pure Kneazle here as well as a few other common as well pets such as Crups.”

The students walked toward the cages to see the animals there. Common creatures that were often found near Wizarding establishments and homes were what they saw. Crups were a form of dog as well as Kneazles being a magical near housecat creature. Crups were however known for their fierce dislike of muggles and their tails were useful as potion ingredients.

“Now a few of you will be familiar with Hagrid, our groundskeeper,” he said as the large man approached. “Now while I prefer to start with the simpler creatures. Hagrid here is a hand’s on expert in the more unusual creatures mostly due to his time in the Forbidden Forest. Some of you may want to talk to him on the more exotic creatures…”

Most of the students were unprepared as they were focused entirely on the professor and what he was saying. Now do to the wind and other things the pair did not get much warning. That did not however mean that they were ones who were easily snuck up upon. Harry heard something as well as felt a niggling sensation to their right in the direction of the forest.

Hermione turned as Harry practically growled next to her. His eyes were an intense shade of green and his entire presence screamed out to her that he was in edge. She knew that with a flicker of movement he would be able to go from sitting to standing in front of whoever was his target with his blades in hand before most could blink. It took but a moment for her to focus and try to calm him down.

‘It wouldn’t do to kill in front of people,’ Hermione thought with a sigh as she slightly squeezed his hand reassuringly. ‘I do hope that the inevitable confrontation with Dumbledore is less trying. The sense of emotion that Harry is emanating would sadly allow for him to be readily used. Still he is able to quickly control himself… sadly I have still a ways to go in that matter.’

With that Hagrid came out of the forest looking to most as intimidating. He had a very large hound following him and several large almost siege scaled crossbows on him. He looked very much like a very large mountain man with unkempt beard and rough yet very durable clothing. A few simple animals were in his hand as evidence that he had been hunting in the forest. He managed to make it a ways closer without the rest of the students noticing him.

“Ah yes students,” Kettleburn said as he looked behind them. “Now this is Rubeus Hagrid, as most of you should recall from before your sorting…”

As the two were analyzing the man’s sudden appearance, they tuned out the rest of the professors speech though they would be able to later go over their memories to recall what had been said. To most of the students around they looked like they were paying attention even if it was split between the two adults. Sadly they missed the very subtle changes in Harry’s demeanor and posture.

‘Lovely,’ Harry thought with a repressed sigh. ‘The one person that I despise almost as bad as the Dursleys, the Delusional Dark Twit and the Naïve Manipulator is the person most likely to be able to if he was less uneducated readily recognize things. If he wasn’t such a completely even more naïve and childlike man from what I have found I would gladly see what a half-giant’s sacrifice would enable…’

“Harry,” Hermione whispered hotly in his ear. “Despite his faults and actions there are too many witnesses in addition to him being very easy to verbally outmaneuver.”

“I guess you are right,” Harry said with a sigh as he thought over the two’s interaction. “He does seem to be not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Still given how close he seems to Dumbledore he may let some things slip. Any source of information should be investigated and thoroughly drained of all pertinent information.”

“We wait till the class is over,” Hermione said as they reluctantly approached the now open cages with the animals milling about. “I am sure that we can find some way to work a conversation in by then…”

“I guess it is a workable and flexible plan,” Harry admitted barely managing not to glare at Hagrid or the already sudden mood changing animals. “Now all we have to do is get through this first.”

“It won’t be that bad,” Hermione tried to reassure as they drew closer and the happy movements of the animals slowed down and they looked towards them with a feeling of apprehension radiating from them. “I stand corrected.”

“I guess that means that you are getting further along than I had thought,” Harry said with a sigh. “Animals tend to pick things up easier. They may not detest us but they know that we are dangerous. It is a bit like being confronted by a wolf or bear in the suburbs, they are not really expecting us and wonder what we are doing.”

“I don’t like the looks in their eyes,” Hermione said as she drew close to one of the Crup puppies. “Will it always be like this?”

“We are not sheep nor do we act or smell like them,” Harry said with resignation. “Our companions are different as they know we won’t hurt them on an instinctive level. These are not as assured still even Kiki would likely hesitate before attacking as there is nothing to gain and far too little mean on their bones to be worth the effort to eat.”

“I tend to forget that from time to time as all I have ever seen Kiki have for prey is small animals and well,” Hermione said with a sigh. “I guess I don’t think about what she used to eat. If I do I chalk it up to societal issues. What is strange to us is not strange to others…”

As Hermione trailed off, the pair had gotten very close to a now whimpering Crup puppy. It was not barking or even growling at them and had curled up into as little of a ball as it could. With as gentle a hand as she could Hermione reached out to the puppy and began to try to coax it out. There was an unnatural acceptance on the part of the puppy as it made no attempt to defend itself knowing that it was pointless. As soon as Hermione’s hand came in contact with its fur, the puppy rolled onto its back and spread itself out in submission with his belly bared in supplication while his ears flat and tail limp behind him.

The other animals looked at the puppy in shock and understanding. Two predators were here and despite their number knew it was hopeless. Perhaps they would be appeased with the one and leave the rest of them or at least some of them alive. Still they wondered why the two legs were not doing anything as they normally drove other predators away. It was in part why they had accepted living with the two leggers in their packs for protection and they wielded fire.

‘Maybe the Kneazle would know,’ one of the slightly more mature puppies wondered. ‘As much as we dislike them they are more able to understand the two legs.’

Sadly the Kneazle was while more than interested to investigate until it had suddenly picked up on a subtle scent marking on the two where one had more than the other and yet both were well marked. Two mates of some sort reeking of the wild with Nundu and other dangerous predators scents lingering around them. The Nundu may have been young by its scent but that did nothing to assay the uncertainty the intelligent cat had.

‘If only the two legs would understand them,’ he thought with some concern as the two acknowledged the Crup as their inferior, ‘as they seemed oblivious to anything of importance as the older one and even large one are not showing any concern about these two in their midst. Humans are far too much like the ill mannered and impulsive tree rats. At least they are not doing more than seeing what is in what they feel is their territory which it most likely will be. It is to the strongest, cunning and agile that the control of the territory goes to. What mixes of scents are on them, feathers and fur of kin and rivals still the smell of food and prey taken is stronger.’

As the Kneazle analyzed the two human predators who were investigating the lesser predators in their territory, Harry was holding back from the pup while Hermione greeted the pup similar to she had Mischief after a while. This thankfully calmed the others there even if it was only slightly. They did not feel the burning gaze of hunger on them from these predators. The Crup puppies while having an instinctive hatred of muggles and had been used to hunt them were to the far too preoccupied to notice Kettleburn actually submitting to the two as they passed through.

“Hello,” Hermione said as she squatted to look at the Kneazle at eye level. “Are you well fed here?”

While the Kneazle was able to understand the two legs speech that did nothing to explain what it heard when she spoke. As plain to the cat there was another sound emanating from the girl and this one wasn’t the annoying gibberish it had already learned to understand. The girl had spoken and he had heard the sounds readily in the range of cats, dogs, birds and snakes.

“The two legs provide enough prey to eat,” he said to the girl. “How do you speak?”

“A gift,” Hermione said to the cat so quite that only Harry heard it as other than her soothing the cat. “I take it that all of you are concerned that we are hunting. We already ate and we do not hunt those who are under others protection. Just do not find yourselves in the forest as although we tend to avoid eating those that we can speak to that does not mean that if we were starving we would not indulge an available meal. Still as there is plenty of prey around we have no reason to hunt you.”

“Besides,” Harry said from where he had crouched with an unnatural grace. “You are far too small and scrawny to do as more than a snack.”

“Why do you have the scent of the sickness breathers on you?” the Kneazle asked in interest indulging its curiosity. “This is far from their territories as it is far too cold over the short days for their habits.”

“Sickness breathers?” Hermione asked as she tried to quickly sort what would that be. “Could you describe them?”

“Spotted ones, quick to move and their breath can bring sickness,” he described in confusion. “How can you not know that you carry a scent of one?”

“Nundu,” Hermione said in realization before turning to Harry. “Did you know that either Trick or Trouble were Nundu?”

“They were not before,” Harry said as he catalogued the changes that he had noticed not just in the cats but their other companions. “It would seem that we are not the only ones who are changing. As humorous as it sounds either Trick has some new tricks or Trouble can cause more trouble so I see we will have more interesting things to explore.”

“True,” Hermione said with a sigh. “Still we have a human source to tap for information about the forest. Besides the rational distrust that you have of him he has been here for a long time and thus should have overheard things that he might not think is relevant.”

“I have no real interest in whatever the Old Man is storing there,” Harry said with a dismissing tone. “Or at least is trying to make people think he is storing something there. Most likely it is a trap for whoever he thinks is after whatever he is using for bait and the thing is secure hidden elsewhere. While he may not be as idiotic as most would be rulers, that does not mean that he wouldn’t make the same mistake that is cliché in adventures.”

“You never hide the source of your powers or your weakness in a desolate place,” Hermione said with a frown. “Everyone readily believes that you would hide it in some secure place and thus you likely keep it close to hand in plain sight and most likely to be overlooked.”

“Yes there is that,” Harry said before turning to address the Kneazle. “Now is there anything in particular you care to share or ask for? Despite what some of your associates might feel we have no intention on killing and devouring any of you at this time. As Hermione has said, we prefer not to eat prey that talks back as it tends to interrupt the enjoyment of one’s meal.”

“You did say at this time,” the Kneazle said with a sigh at the modifier. “I guess that is to be expected as I would say the same to a rat. I could never promise to never eat them ever again as that would be foolish. So what do you two wish for me to tell you as I am rather young by my kind’s standards? I could spend time like one of the pups commenting on food or other such things, but the male there does take decent care of us and it is a better life than being harvested for components though I know the pups will have to regrow their tails often enough for those creations of yours.”

“Well there is what you have seen on some of the humans here,” Hermione said as she no longer simply knelt there but was beginning to actively pet the cat. “The big one is of interest to us. We will speak to him of course but considering how often he is around your fellow beings there might be things he has let slip.”

“The short one is planning to leave in a few seasons,” he said with a feline shrug. “Why you two legs do what you do is a mystery at times, still there is inclination for the big one to take over but there is some sort of… complication, yes that’s the notion. Something prevents the others from granting him what his abilities allow him to do, such strange beings you two legs are…”

“Ah but to most two legs you are the same way,” Hermione replied with a slight smile before turning to Harry. “So how do you want to handle this then?”

“As much as I would prefer not to interact with the man I see as the one secondly or maybe thirdly being sent to those people,” Harry said with a sigh, “I guess we go with a standard meet and greet. Though we will have to admit to a shared fascination…”

“Considering the topic I would go with creatures,” Hermione said before turning to the Kneazle and saying, “No offense meant.”

“None taken,” he said as he yawned and stretched some. “Now if you are done there is a nice patch of sun I wouldn’t mind relaxing in…”

Turning away from the now curled up and sleeping Kneazle, the pair made their way towards Hagrid. Hermione noticed that Harry was visibly trying to force his face into an appropriate smile. It wouldn’t fool most people but she hoped that the man was as innocent as he seemed. Part of her hadn’t cared and been more than indifferent to doing anything than to just slit his throat and let his spilled blood make amends for the blood his actions had caused to be spilt from her Harry.

“Hello,” Hermione said as the two drew closer to him as the other Ravenclaws had wandered back to the professor. “My name is Hermione Granger and you would be Rubeus Hagrid am I right?”

“Yep,” Hagrid said in a happy gruff, “Rubeus Hagrid, Gamekeeper and Keeper of Keys at your service. So what can I do fer ya?”

“Well we were wondering what you knew about some of the more fascinating creatures,” Hermione said as she gestured to Harry. “The professor said you were an expert with them.”

“Well now what creatures were you interested in?” Hagrid asked with a very wide smile. “There are a lot of interesting creatures to tell the truth…”

“Well maybe you could start with some of the ones you think are interesting?” Hermione asked with a smile. “Oh this is Harry…”

“Why I haven’t really seen you since you were a babe before you got in the boat!” Hagrid said with a very obviously happy look on his face. “It’s good to see you again Harry.”

Harry nodded his head in greetings before saying, “Yes well I wouldn’t know much about that. Still if you have an interest in the more interesting beings then I guess that you cannot be all that bad even if some of the older years come up with stories.”

“So what can you tell me about this pup here, Fang was it?” Hermione asked as Harry stood next to Fang and started to pet him getting whimpers of pleasure from the dog. “Huh seems that Harry learned a bit from Mischief than.”

“Mischief?” Hagrid asked with interest. “Oh Fang is a boarhound shame that he is such a coward though for all he barks.”

“Ah Mischief is a friend’s dog bit small at the moment but will grow to be rather comfortably sized with time,” Hermione said as she watched with a slight twitch to her eyes as the dog which had originally had its tail between its legs whimpering at his approach was now eagerly having his belly rubbed and not slobbering on him. “Well he was named that because he just kept getting into mischief. Still he wasn’t a bad puppy though a bit trying at times to keep from wandering about too much.”

“Ah reminds me of Fang when he was younger,” Hagrid said with a nod. “He seemed to always like to wander off than one day he didna want to na more.”

“You must have a lot of experience in raising animals,” Hermione said trying to play shy and get more information. “Was there anyone that seemed to need a gentle hand or a bit of extra coaxing?”

“Aye,” Hagrid said eyes shining in reminiscing. “Fluffy seemed to be a right blighter to calm down unless you play some music…”

‘Hmm Fluffy does seem to be a name he would pick for that dog,’ Hermione thought as she went back to what she had heard from the chitterling of Kiki and her complaints that dog was off limits as that would have been a large meal. ‘So it seems that Hagrid is easy enough to trick information from and Harry is relaxing and being unserious again so this has been worth it.’

“So what is Fluffy like besides that?” Hermione asked as she watched the dread fill the man at what he had revealed. “It would be funny if he was a Cerberus like that Greek myth with that similarity…”

“I shouldna mentioned that,” Hagrid flustered and bent a bit closer to her. “Wouldda mind not a mentioning tha? Most donna know about tha…”

“Sure,” Hermione conceded with a barely hid smirk. “So what can you tell me about the forest here? It looks like there would be a large number of beings that would love to call it home? I wouldn’t mind a chance to explore when I was older. Might be an interesting job travel the world and find new creatures…”

“Aye,” Hagrid said with a shine to his eyes. “Well the forest here may seem a bit intimidating but I wouldna recommend going in there at your age. I have to keep chasin those Weasley Twins out. They just canna get that it is a bit dangerous until they know a bit more…”

Hermione nodded along and listened patiently as Hagrid let the far more useful information about the forest slip. Do to the more pressing information that she was gaining; Hermione put the topic of Fluffy to the side as it was not a priority at that point in time. So as the discussion seemed to be a rather long one Hermione settled down and sat patiently while Harry turned Fang into a puddle of willing cooperation. Any questions he was really asking him would be mistaken for the common murmuring one does with animals and no one would really suspect that Harry was grilling the easily cowed dog for information that Hagrid was intentionally leaving out of the story.



*******
Sign up to rate and review this story