Categories > TV > Supernatural

What_Sam_Would_Not_Skip_Doing_No_Matter_What

by MylesGabriel 0 reviews

It's about the only routine Sam Winchester would never ever skip doing...no matter what happens, he has got to do it. It has something to do with the 24th day of month of January.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-07-04 - Updated: 2008-07-04 - 2208 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sam was just coming in the door. His whole body ached; there was not an inch of his body that did not scream ‘OWIE!’ Everything about him was begging for him to go lie down. Even his hair was painful. And his eyelashes, every single lash.

He lazily and heavily dragged both of his long legs one after the other and walked over towards his bed. At one point he even wished that he had powers to transport him from one place to another without exerting any effort that much. He knows that would very well freak his big brother to hell, but then wouldn’t that be super cool at the very least?

Well, those were the thoughts at least that would sometime float around Sam Winchester’s head. Sometimes when you don’t get enough sleep and you just lay on the bed at night, you mind sort of wanders and you end up with these sometimes ridiculous musings and what if’s.

They just came from this stupid hunt that went—well, not that bad per se; it just went otherwise that how they intended it to end. And it had barely been an hour that the Impala drove up outside the motel room where they had been staying for over a week now.

The 22 year-old wanted to sleep for a week without getting up, not for anything. Even if the whole place were burning down, that wouldn’t get him to get up. That’s how exhausted he was. Breathing seemed like a freakin’ job to him right about that time period. If it were even possible to stop breathing for awhile, he’d consider it.

Sam is tired. Period.

But then he just remembered one thing. There’s just one thing left that he needed to do first before he could allow his body any rest.

Sweetly deserved rest.

The younger Winchester boy just slipped out of the motel unnoticed by anybody. He saw Dean at the diner across the street. Through the window he could easily spot his older brother flirting away with what Sam could only guess as a female, what with the skirt. He just shook his head and let a smirk escape his lips at his big brother’s antics. Sam disappeared around the corner undetected by anyone, not even his brother--he’ll be back even before Dean finds out.

And he was.

‘Well, at least that girl kept Dean long enough so I could get back before he did!’ Sam thought.

--

Dean just came in the door and gently closed it after him, tucked under his arms were rolled up newspapers and on hand was their dinner.

“Hey, I’m back!” Dean calls out as he tossed the keys of the Impala onto the table next to the door. He could hear Sam moving around in the bathroom and saying something incoherent but Dean guessed that he was asking what‘s for dinner this time.

As Dean eased himself onto his bed he had just barely given himself a shut-eye when his hand caught a piece of paper under his pillows the second he slipped his hands under them. ‘What in the--?’ Dean sat up and unfolded it; it was obviously from the younger boy. ‘Sammy and his chicken scratching…’ Dean smirked in his head, but what was on the paper made his brows arch on his forehead, “Look under the bed…the hell would I do that for?” Dean muffled softly, whining and indignant but he did it anyways.

Dean went on all fours and looked under his bed, ‘Better not be prank, little brother or it’s Dean gone wild--‘ His thoughts barely got out of his head when; “Eeewww…” he just cried out, his face all scrunched up.

Sam was just coming out of the bathroom. “Can’t you for once follow what’s on the note, Dean? It read look, didn’t it?”

“What in the hell--Sammy?” the older boy just pulls back his hand that was covered in something mushy and cold. His hand just reached under his bed to pull out this box from under it and when he reached inside the box without even looking, he was met with the mushy stuff.

--

The brothers were sitting beside each other on Sam’s bed. They were both quiet for minutes jut looking at something perched on top of Dean’s bed.

“You still want to eat it now that it’s all ruined?” Sam finally asked his brother, turned his face to look at Dean. To his chagrin, the older boy was licking his fingers totally removing every traces of the mushy cold stuff from his hand.

“Hell, Yeah!” was Dean’s quick response, matched with a big grin on his bruised , yet ever so handsome face. “Dude, got any spoon?” added.

“Yeah…”

“Hey Sam…” Calls out the older boy to his brother who was rummaging through their bag of dinner. “Yeah, Dean?”

“I -uh…” Dean muffled softly, couching to clear his throat.

“You’re welcome.” Sam had to smirk; he knew it would take them all night if he waited for Dean to come up with the right words for ‘Thanks’. But he doesn’t mind, Dean’s his brother. And as crazy and dubious his big brother may be, there’s nothing Sam wouldn’t do for Dean.

“And Dean--“

“What?” Dean just looked up.

“Happy birthday…” Sam started, trying to stifle a snicker at how his brother looked; he had icing on his cheeks and his ears. How he got them on his ears, who the hell knows?

“…you just couldn’t wait for the spoon, could you?” Sam blurted.

“Dude, it’s my birthday! Cut me some slack here--seriously!”

--

And it’s a different kind of cake every year!

The 24th day of January.

And it’s about the only routine too that Sam would never ever skip doing no matter what.



--------

Epilogue:

Sam was already behind the wheel waiting for Dean who was still inside the motel room doing who knows what. The younger boy just leaned his head back onto the seat to rest a bit since he knows they’re both headed for a long drive to who knows where. They actually don’t have another gig yet, which is some kind of a welcome surprise since both brothers need the rest.

“What is he doing in there?” Sam just blurted out loud. His forehead all scrunched up on his face. Sam just got out of the car and was walking back towards their motel room. The door was actually closed.

“Dean?” Sam knocked when as he turned the knob he found it locked. “You in there?”

“Yeah, in a minute dude!”

Came the muffled response from inside the room. “What are you doing in there anyway?” Sam asked again.

“I said in a minute, Sammy! Get back in the car!”

“Dean, are you okay in there? What’s going on?”

“One question at a time, dude! And didn’t I just tell you to get back to the car?” This time Dean’s tone was a bit annoyed, he sounded like he was at the far end of the room. He’s probably in the bathroom,’ Sam thought.

KNOCK KNOCK!

“Sammy, don’t make get out there and kick your ass!”

“That’s exactly what I want you to do!” Sam was grinning as widely as he can as he muffled to himself. “Get out of there…”

KNOCK KNOCK!

“Dude, cut it out!” Dean just cried out from inside.

KNOCK KNOCK!

“Damn it, Sammy! One more knock and I’m gon’na kick some serious ass!”

Silence.

“That’s more like it!” Dean finally breathed out.

Until another set of it came again.

KNOCK KNOCK!

“That’s it! You little bitch!” Dean was stomping towards the door with only a towel around his waist. The second he opened the door he grabs a startled little brother by the scruff of the jacket and the next thing was he has successfully managed to quiet the incessant little Knocker down.

--

A good few minutes later, Dean just got into his clothes and was in front of the mirror getting his dark brown hair to settle on his head. He winks at himself, “Hey there, good-lookin’! A year older, a year wiser!”

He just opened the bathroom door and peeps out.

“Still want to knock some more, Sam?”

A muffle came as a response. Dean was muffling a snicker as he walked towards the center of the room in front of the TV where Sam was sitting on a chair.

“What’s that, dude?”

Again a muffle.

Dean just got in front of Sam and removed the gag from his little brother’s mouth.

“You’re a big jerk, you know that Dean?”

“Now, now Sam! Isn’t that the way to talk to your big brother?”

“I swear I’ll get you back, dude! I swear it!” Sam threatened.

“Yeah whatever! You can’t even get yourself out of that one!” Dean scoffed as he laid across his bed cradling his nape on his palm under his head.

“Dude! Come on?” Sam whined.

“The next time I tell you ’in a minute’, what do you do, Sam?” Dean waited for a response, straining his ear.

“I’ll give you a minute…” a soft muffle came in response.

“You sound like a freakin’ retard right about now, dude…I can’t make out the words you’re saying…it don’t count!”

“I’ll give you a minute…damn it!”

“That’s better, little brother! And if I tell you to get back to the car?”

“Dean!”

“Suit yourself…if you want to stay that way… I’ll just get a little shut-eye over here…”

“I’ll go back to the car, you happy?” Sam said through gritted teeth.

“Not really, I’ve had better days…” Dean said cockily.

--

Sam was behind the wheel again, but this time Dean was in the car with him unlike earlier. They were already half an hour on the drive.

“Hey, grouchy! You still pmsing?” Dean just started to tease since the tension in the car and not to mention the silence could cut through glass.

“Go to hell…” Sam blurted.

“Oh come on? It’s your fault I told you to get back in the car but you kept pushing! I swear you’re like a kid sometimes--no wait! You ARE a kid, dude!”

Sam just glared at Dean.

“You still don’t want to talk? Fine! I’ll just shut my eyes over here. Just wake me up when it’s me turn to drive, Sammy. And by the way--thanks for the cake, dude!”

That just made Sam let out the breath he has been holding in since earlier. He just remembered it’s just been Dean’s birthday. No sooner had Dean shut his eyes under his glasses when Sam spoke up; “You’re welcome.”

Dean just allowed a smirk to escape his lips, ‘Well that worked…’ he told himself.

“What were you doing in there anyway?”

“I was in the can dude, doing my business! I guess I ate too much all at once, you were actually ruining my concentration just then with your incessant knocking! You bitch!”

“Why didn’t you say so, Dean?” A realization just dawned on Sam.

“Yeah, I should have yelled it out loud to you that I was in a can all the way from the bathroom for all the renters hear! Good one, Sam! I’ll do that sometime!” Dean sarcastically snaps.

“I’m sorry, Dean…”

“Yeah, you should be!”

“Hey, I said I was sorry…”

“Yeah, whatever dude! Hey by the way…” Dean just straightened himself on his seat and digs for a piece of paper from his pocket. “I was doing some thinking while I was in there…here…”

Sam took it and was reading it at the same time watching the road since he was the one driving after all. “You did this while you were in there?” Sam asked disbelievingly.

“Yeah…”

“A list of cakes, Dean…”

“Yeah, the ones you should be getting me on my next birthdays, dude! Just helping you out, narrowing the field…you should be thanking me…” Dean just grinned and playfully punches Sam on the arm as he leans his head onto the passenger door.

“You’re something else, man!”

“I know, you too Samantha!”

Sam just looked at his brother as he slips the piece of paper into his pocket, shaking his head. A smirk just escaped his lips.

“Hey, Sam…”

“Yeah, dude?”

“Dude, I’m sorry for tying you up…I mean earlier…”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it! I’ll just chalk it up as a birthday present…”

“Whatever…” Dean snickered, “As much as I enjoy tying you up, little brother…I’ll still prefer the cake anyday…”

“Believe you me, dude…me too! And that sock you gagged me with wasn’t all that fresh too by the way!”

And with that a loud chuckle could be heard from Dean Winchester.

“Happy Birthday, Dean!” He just cried out while laughing.

END
Sign up to rate and review this story