Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance

by Auntie-Shin 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-04 - Updated: 2008-07-11 - 964 words - Complete

0Unrated
Every word Gerard sings, every beat Bob plays, every solo Ray has put his heart into, every note Mikey hit, every rhythm that has come out of Frank's guitar, has saved the lives of thousands who didn't think they could make it. They have lyrics like "I am not afraid to keep on living" and "I would drive on to the end with you." They are My Chemical Romance.
The band basically started when Gerard Way envited over his friend, Matt Pelissier, to go to his house and write songs with him. Ray hadn't been playing guitar that long but went over to check things out anyway and fell in love with the music Gerard and Matt put together.The band’s name comes from an Irvine Welsh novel, and was suggested by Gerard’s younger brother, Mikey. The younger Way brother started playing bass with them, and soon they got Frank a couple months later to fill out the other guitar spot. He happened to be in another band that had helped them get some of their first shows. When the band broke up their first instinct was to use him. Frank was already a fan of the band and an excellent guitar player. They were all in that stage of their life where you are kind of at that crossroads where you can either go one way or another. It worked out that they could all come together and form My Chemical Romance.

Gerard Way (vocals), and his brother Mikey (bass), are two of the group members, as well as Frank Iero (guitar), Ray Toro (guitar) and Bob Bryar (drums). This particular band says they emerged from the New York/New Jersey Punk Scene, which had a major influence on them as teenagers. Guitarist Frank Iero has been in bands since he was 11 years old, being allowed to practice in the basement as long as his schoolwork was getting done. My Chemical Romance has been through a lot of labels, first being called "emo", moving onto "vampire and zombie" rock. They believe if you like the record, you like it, whatever it is. Their sound has been describes as Queen meets the Misfits. The band has been banned from Orange County, CA. My Chemical Romance were the surprise breakthrough act of 2005, gaining themselves the highly coveted support slot on the last Green Day world tour. Following the success of "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge", the band began recording their follow-up record in April of 2006. Tentatively titled "The Rise And Fall Of My Chemical Romance," the real title, "The Black Parade" was announced in August of 2006 by Gerard while performing at the Hammersmith Palais in London. Having reached the #1 chart position in numerous countries and selling over $380, 000 copies in it's first week alone, The Black Parade is set to define My Chemical Romance as the artists for the new generation.


I BROUGHT YOU MY BULLETS, YOU BROUGHT ME YOUR LOVE
My Chemical Romance's first record, "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" debuted in 2002, was a worldwide attention grabber, featuring thirteen original songs by a group that's been on tour for the latter part of two years. They have gained a respectable following in North America and Europe. I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love is a concept album, and the debut album by My Chemical Romance, released in 2002. The storyline continues in Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. The copyright of Bullets reads:
© 2002 EYEBALL RECORDS/ MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. UNAUTHORIZED DUPLICATION IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN GERARD COMING TO YOUR HOUSE AND SUCKING YOUR BLOOD

THREE CHEERS FOR SWEET REVENGE
To make their second album Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, MCR (as most people call them nowadays) had to pull themselves off the road that had accompanied them for so long. It was the only way they could have put out a decent record, and, oh boy, was it decent. "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" is what everyone's calling "violent, unsafe pop music". The band has said it "Rose from the ashes following the tragic events of 9/11". Gerard's artwork is featured on the cover of the album, and was inspired by the band's love for horror movies, comic books, and science fiction. The story of the previous album continues in Three Cheers. The story is about two lovers that break up, but reunite when their hometown is invaded and over run by vampires. The female (dubbed as "Helena" on some fansites) ends up being bitten by a vampire and is sent to a hospital where she soon dies with a spike through her heart from her lover. The male continues to live, but realizes that he cannot continue living without her, and kills himself.

THE BLACK PARADE
October 24th 2006 saw the release of "The Black Parade", My Chemical Romance's third and newest studio album. Produced by Rob Cavallo (Green Day) and featuring the guest vocals of Liza Minelli and the parents of Frank Iero and Gerard and Mikey Way; the band hit the studio in April 2006 to make their third concept album. The story of The Black Parade centers around a character called "The Patient" who has suffered an untimely death. The Black Parade, a parade devised by singer Gerard Way, come to take the Patient into the after-life while reflecting back on his short years alive. Citing Queen, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Beatles, Pink Floyd and David Bowie as influences for their melodramatic classic-rock tinged masterpiece, My Chemical Romance continue to exceed expectations - The Black Parade has to this day sold over 1.3 million albums worldwide.

MCR TODAY
Just three days ago thier newest album came out; The Black Parade Is Dead. It feachers the two last performances of the Black Parade.
Sign up to rate and review this story