Categories > Original > Drama

As It Returns

by dee3314 0 reviews

Julie has always dealt with depression, but she finally catches a break and is able to be happy for once. But what happens when it returns at the worst possible moment? When she feels there is no...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-07-05 - Updated: 2008-07-06 - 309 words

0Unrated
INTRO: Julie Trent laid her hairbrush down on the tabletop. Tears soaked her face and her mascara covered her cheek in blackness. She was sick of faithlessly fixing herself up. She would never be beautiful, loved, or worth anything. Every night her pillow was showered with salt and Julie closed her eyes on a cold wetness. She hated being alive, constantly reliving her past, and feared her future with all her heart.

A knife lay on her bedroom dresser. Leftovers lay on the plate underneath it. Glass was scattered on top of the dresser and all over the floor, her mirror shattered. It was obvious what she'd done, but at the moment, only Julie knew.

Julie slammed her hand over the glass and snatched a handful up in her fists. Already her skin was punctured and her hand was bleeding. She didn't care. With tears still in her eyes she sliced the glass down her wrists and arm. Blood painted the floor crimson red, but Julie smiled. Slowly she closed her eyes and slept.

Ben McKnight knocked softly on the window. Outside the cold air whistled against his ears, but he continuously tapped the glass. Julie should be here, he thought to himself. Ben glanced between the curtains, hoping to see inside the bedroom. A red patch of something covered the floor beside the bed. The mirror showed jagged edges of nothing. Suddenly Ben put two and two together, and pounded harder on the window. He struggled to open it until his hands were sore. Finally, giving up, he tried the next option. With force he punched his fist through the window, and it shattered in his hands.

He jumped inside and ran to Julie's side. Five minutes later lights flashed outside, the EMS crew found a drunk mother on the floor, and Julie was wheeled into the ambulance.
Sign up to rate and review this story