Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Baby's Daddy

“No. I’ll do it.”

by OhSoIntricateLie 3 reviews

Uh oh, all this stress can't be good for Dani or Fender....

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-07-07 - Updated: 2008-07-08 - 908 words - Complete

2Moving
Several days later I was back on the good side of Julia who had chalked the whole adoption crisis up to hormones gone bad. I was lounging on the couch drinking a glass of lemon water when the phone rang. Naturally the stupid thing was going to be on the other side of the living room and I was down stairs by myself. Grumbling about having to get up I made my way to the phone.

“Hello?”

“Ms. Ross?”

“Yes, how may I help you?”

“This is the Eastern Las Vegas Hospice.”

“Oh,” I nodded. I had forgotten I had given the hospice the Urie’s phone number. “Yes?”

“Well, I’m sorry to say but your father passed away this morning in his sleep.”

My jaw dropped.

“He can’t be.”

“Miss, I know this is hard but--”

I cut the nurse off by letting out a loud wail. It was loud enough for Julia to come running down the stairs. By the time she had reached me I had dropped the phone and sank to the floor crying.

Julia picked up the phone and talked to the nurse while trying to console me. When she had hang up, Julia pulled me into her embrace.

“Shhh. It’s ok. Do you want me to call Ryan?”

I looked up at her and shook my head.

“No. I’ll do it.”

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I stood beside the kitchen French doors while listening to the sound of the phone’s ringing. Ryan picked up on the fourth ring.

“Dani? Is everything ok?”

I shook my head and answered, “Ryan, daddy passed away.”

There was silence on the other end for several seconds before he replied, “When?”

“This morning.”

Several minutes passed and I could hear him mumbling things to some people on the bus.

“Ok. I’ll be there later tonight.”

“Ok. I’m at Brendon’s.”

“I’ll be there.”

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

It was 11:15 that night when I heard a car pull up in the driveway. Waddling over to the front door I opened it to find my brother, Brendon, and Spencer all step out of the car.

The first thing Brendon did when he saw me was wrap his arms around me the best he could and gave me a soft kiss.

“I am so sorry Dani.”

I nodded, “So am I.”

Spencer was next with a hug that was full of warmth that had always been in his hugs. After the two of them moved out of his way, Ryan caught me in a full embrace. We stayed like that for several minutes, never saying a word. We didn’t have to. The bond between Ryan and I is like that of a set of twins. After the hug was broken the four of us went to bed.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

November 8, 2006

My daddy’s funeral took place two days after the guys arrived. Not much to tell. I cried. A lot. Ryan gave a little speech about how the only thing my dad ever wanted to do was raise the two of us. Brendon and Spencer were obviously there and that helped a lot. Brendon pulled me close to him and kissed me on top of my head and tried to whisper calming things in my ear. It worked. Sort of. The day it self wore me out which is why I laid on the couch playing Guitar Hero against Brendon for half the night.

“Ha, I beat you again. Loser-face.”

Brendon scowled, “Because I let you. I missed those last couple of chords on purpose.”

I raised my eyebrow and laughed.

“I love you.”

Brendon’s pout was instantly replaced with a smile.

“I love you too,” he said wiggling his eyebrows.

I laughed as he set his controller down and sat beside me where I lay.

Our lips collided and I moaned into the kiss. Several minutes later we broke it and I smiled.

“You taste like cinnamon.”

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Several hours later Ryan and Spencer found Brendon and I laying on the couch asleep, him laying behind me with his arm draped over my belly. The two of us stayed like that the rest of the night and well into the next morning when the two of them found us.

“Hey, Spence. Hand me Dani’s camera. This is going in the baby journal.”

Spencer handed Ryan my camera. The flash went off and that’s what woke me up.

“What are you doing, Ry?”

“Wha? Nothing messing with your camera.”

“Whatever. What time is it?”

“11 am.”

“When do you go back?”

“Tomorrow,” Brendon answered from behind me, his breath hot on my neck.

“Argh. What is up with you and coming in for only one day and then leaving?”

“I’m sorry babe,” Brendon said giving me a quick kiss on the lips before crawling off the couch.

The rest of the day was spent taking pictures of the myself, the boys, and Fender. When pictures weren’t being taken the three of them took turns rubbing my stomach trying to feel the baby kick.

“Why don’t you try this, dear. Fender’ll feel it and try to kick it.”

Julia handed me a glass of warm water. After giving her a questioning glance I placed the glass on my stomach. After a minute Fender kicked where the glass was, causing the water inside to slosh.

“That is so cool,” the four of us exclaimed causing Julia to laugh.
Sign up to rate and review this story