Categories > Original > Drama

Frozen

by dee3314 1 review

Kalice learns a lesson the hard way. Sometimes people aren't who they seem.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-07-08 - Updated: 2008-07-08 - 996 words

0Unrated
Kalice Pennington shook droplets of water from her hair as she stepped out of the shower. Her short, brown hair flung from side to side, slapping each cheek. Wiping a strand from her eye, she threw a towel around herself and walked to her bedroom. She turned on the radio, jamming to a fast-tempo Christian song. She hummed the tune as she blow-dried her hair. She tapped her toes and twirled around. Her feet caught in the chord and she tripped, giggling wildly.

Tonight was her very first date. She was excited, already fantasizing about her first kiss. She wanted the night to be perfect. There was no way she’d let anything ruin the glorious moment of the kiss in the end. A movie and dinner afterwards is what they planned on doing. Not yet 16, Kalice didn’t have her license. Bret did. Bret Harrison – the shaggy brown-haired, green-eyed football player. Kalice smiled as she remembered the moment he walked up to her in Bio class and asked her out.




“Kalice,” someone said from behind her. She turned quickly and smiled.

“Hey, Bret. Ready for the dissection?” She laughed when he cringed, not ready for the disgusting task of dissecting their frog.

“Oh, wow. I’m not even close to ready for that. Would it be wimpy of me to let you do all the work?” He grinned, raising his eyebrows with hope.

“I’m not the least bit disgusted by this. So, sure - I’ll do all of the work for you.” Kalice turned to grab some gloves and put them on.

“Thanks, Kalice. You know, you’re pretty cool. I love having you as a lab partner.” Bret threw on a pair of gloves even though he wasn’t going to be touching the frog. He then turned and smiled at Kalice.

“Hey, you think we might be able to do something this weekend? Go see a movie, maybe?” He hopefully turned to stare at her.

“I don’t know, Bret. I’ve always imagined my first date being a nice romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant. You don’t want to break my heart, do you?” She giggled when Bret splashed water on her from the sink.

“Okay. Would you settle for a movie then dinner at a diner down the street from the theater?”
“I’d do anything with you, Bret. You’re pretty cool yourself.”






The sound of Kalice’s mom’s voice sounded from downstairs. She quickly unplugged the blow dryer and stuffed it back inside the place where it was kept.

“Yea?” She called out, running towards the steps.

“He’s here!” Janice shouted back.

Kalice gasped, running back to her bedroom to throw on the outfit she had picked out. It had taken her an hour to figure out what she was going to wear. She had finally decided on her best pair of jeans with her black and white striped blouse with the big black ring attached to the side.

She quickly touched up her make-up and ran down the steps, smiling at Bret as he gaped at the sight of her.

“You’re beautiful,” He said softly.

“Thanks,” She sheepishly said back.

Bret escorted her to his car and opened the door for her. She thanked him before he closed the door and waited for him as he came around to the other side to get in. “What’re we going to see?” She asked, putting on her seatbelt. He grinned, turning on the car and backing out.

“First, we’re going to go to Mount Jeez,” He said carefully. He looked over at her expression. She was staring at him with her mouth wide open. “The movie doesn’t start for another hour or so. I figured we could go to Mount Jeez and talk or something.”

The or something is what worried her. She agreed, though, hoping he knew her standards. She sighed and turned around, knowing she needed to tell him immediately.

“You know I’m going to stay abstinent until marriage, right?” She questioned him, hoping he knew the answer.

“Yeah, sure.” He almost seemed to disregard what she said, but Kalice decided to trust him. She leaned back and relaxed, ready to ‘just talk’ at Mount Jeez.




~~

“Wake up,” Kalice heard as she opened her eyes. She was still lying in the car next to Bret, whose brown hair could be seen first.

“How long have I been asleep?” She asked.

“Just about 10 minutes. We’re here, now.” He stroked her hair as she slowly awoke. “Let’s move to the backseat where it’s more comfortable for us to talk.” Kalice reluctantly agreed, climbing out of the car and moving to the backseat. She was weary, nervous that things could get too far.

Before she was completely in the car, he pressed his lips to hers. He rubbed the back of her neck and kept kissing. Kalice pulled away.

“I don’t want to do this,” She said. “Can’t we just talk?” She pulled herself further away from him, backing out of the car.

“Relax, Kalice. We won’t go far. I just want to kiss you,” He pulled her closer and kissed her again, pressing his face harder and harder into hers. She came back again, gasping for air.
“Bret, please. Take me to the movies. We can wait there.”

“Damnit, Kalice. I didn’t want to have to do this.” He slammed the door behind her and pushed her up against it, forcefully kissing her. He started going up her shirt, not letting up even though Kalice struggled underneath him.

“Stop!” She shouted, but he quickly covered her mouth. Kalice froze, tears falling down her face as he unzipped her pants. She couldn’t struggle. No matter what her mind was telling her to do, she was frozen.

She quietly faded into her zone where she wasn’t being violated and she could not feel.
Sign up to rate and review this story