Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

A Lover's Complaint - One Shot

by poetictragedy 2 reviews

Based on the song by The Getaway Plan.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-09 - Updated: 2008-07-09 - 610 words

0Unrated
I watched you from your bedside, staring at your sleeping form.
Your pale complexion blended in with the white of your walls, the moon peeking through the curtains just made your skin glow amidst the darkness surrounding us both. It made me smile softly.

I lifted the blankets slightly and climbed in next to you, wrapping my arms around your fragile frame and holding as tightly as I could without fearing I'd break you. I clenched my eyes shut in fear of them welling up in tears and breathed slowly. I heard you sigh in your sleep as I kissed your neck and lay my head down next to yours.
"I love you.", I whispered. As my eyes closed and my breathing steadied, as I thought about how you used to be, I thought to myself.. how could you be, so faithless?

The next morning I woke up to your tapping on my arm. I opened my eyes, and watched as you sat up on your knees and looked down on me in confusion.
"Why are you here Frankie?", you asked. I moved the blankets and sat up as well, reaching out to stroke your cheek softly. It made my heart break as you flinched at the touch.

"Why don't you come away with me?", I asked, "Why do you let him do this to you?".
"I don't have a reason to trust anyone, Frank, not anymore."
"But..", I leant in and wrapped my arms around your waist, if only you knew how much it killed me that there wasn't that much to hold, anymore. "I love you." Your eyes looked so emotionless, so empty. If only I knew how to fill them again.
"You can't love someone, who can't love themselves.", you almost whispered.
As I watched your eyes look away from mine, as my breath hitched and I tried my hardest not to break in front of you right then, I thought to myself.. how could you be, so faithless?

That afternoon I took you downstairs and placed you on the lounge, spreading a blanket over the top of you to keep you warm.
"I could do this myself, you know.", You said, looking up at me.
"I could do everything for you, and I'd do everything to keep you here.", I took hold of your hand and put it on my chest. Your eyes grew misty and you put your head back down suddenly, drawing your knees to your chest.

"I'll always be your dragon slayer, even when you don't want me to be. I know what you're doing to yourself, because you know.", I got down off the lounge and knelt down next to you, brushing the hair out of your eyes.
"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you, and no matter how many times you can tell yourself, or mark yourself with it..", I gently brushed your leg with the palm of my hand. It hurt me twice as much as it hurt you, as you cringed slightly. "I'll still be there for you, always." I sighed.
"Come away with me, leave this place. We'll be fine, I promise you."
"Promise?", It was more of a statement, rather than a question. You looked so stunned.
"We'll be just fine.", I whispered, leaning in and pressing my lips against yours softly.
As I pulled away and you look me straight in the eyes, as I saw your emotionless ghost drift behind your watery orbs, as I noticed how weary you looked, I realised that I knew we'd be just fine, But all I could think to myself was..

..how could you be, so faithless?
Sign up to rate and review this story