Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 17 Going On 27

One

by heyepic 3 reviews

A lot can change in ten years, especially when it occurs in the blink of an eye. Gerard/OC

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-12 - Updated: 2008-07-13 - 2991 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own My Chemical Romance or any members/ideas of My Chemical Romance. Also, this idea was taken off of the film '13 Going On 30'... I do not own that either.

Chapter One

"Gerard, stop it!"

Seventeen year old Allison Jenning laughed as she swatted at her best friend's arm. She shrugged away and laughed again as a chubby hand reached out with a black marker once again in an attempt to scribble on her lower arm. Gerard's familiar warm laugh brought a smile to her face as his hand finally dropped to his side and they continued their walk.

"Aw, you're no fun," He sighed, shoving the black marker into his pocket. Allison smirked and rolled her eyes as she absent-mindedly kicked at a rock on the ground.

"You've known me for how long, Gee?"

"Eight years."

"And in those eight years, what have you discovered about me and marker on my arm?"

Gerard sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets. A small smile formed on his lips. "That you're not a fan of it..."

"You know my mom's weird about that," Allison said. "Remember what happened last time? When you decided to draw a dragon on my forearm?"

"She had a field day with that one," Gerard murmured with a nod. He laughed suddenly at the memory of his best friend's pink arm at school the next day. "I think she scrubbed a layer of your skin off."

Allison tapped him on the shoulder forcefully. "And whose fault is that, Gerard?" Gerard shrugged away at her nudge and chuckled. He smiled sheepishly at her accusation.

"It looked so cool though!"

Allison nodded as she tugged at the straps of her backpack. "Yeah, you're quite the artist. I'll give you that, Gerard Way." She shifted her eyes to his figure walking next to her and was met with a pale, chubby face grinning at her. His dark brown hair was awkwardly cut but his hazel eyes were absolutely beautiful, especially in the sunlight. She smiled to herself and slowly averted her gaze, letting her eyes roll quickly. "As if your ego isn't big enough," She teased.

"Yet you continue to feed it-" He paused a moment before a smirk crept to his mouth. His eyes slowly shifted towards her. "Allie."

Allison cringed as he used her much-despised nickname and reached out to smack him in the arm. "Oh, you've done it now, Ger-bear!" Gerard blocked her blow with a hand and grabbed her wrist gently, preventing any contact with his arm.

"I don't think so," He teased back, locking his fingers around her wrist. Allison growled under her breath and squirmed in his grasp, letting her other hand rise to smack his other arm. Gerard was quick, though, and grabbed her other wrist with his free hand. He grinned at her, his eyes gleaming against his pale complexion. "Give in?"

Allison struggled a moment before letting her shoulders fall. She sighed heavily and rolled her eyes, shaking her wrists as if to confirm. "Yeah..." She mumbled in an annoyed tone.

"Say it."

"No way!"

Gerard smiled at her and leaned in. He locked his eyes on her. "Say it," He repeated in a teasing tone. "Say it..." He sang mockingly. Allison groaned. He wasn't going to give up.

"Fine," She huffed, refusing to meet his eyes. "I give in."

"I give in, master," Gerard corrected. Allison's eyes shot up and were met with the twinkling amusement of his.

"I'm no dog!" She told him, sarcasm lacing her voice. Gerard's eyes remained unmoving on hers for a moment before he finally let go of her wrists, allowing her to be free of his hold. Allison sighed as they began walking again. That was Gerard. Always joking around with her. It was funny, though, because he was never very social in school. He usually kept to himself, and because of this, he was almost always known as the school's 'art freak'. Or the 'chubby art freak'.

"So, are you coming over tomorrow night?"

Gerard's voice broke her out of her thoughts as she walked. She glanced up at him. "What?"

"I thought we could watch that monster flick," He said with a shrug. He smiled slightly as he continued, "It looks pretty awful."

"I wish I could," Allison sighed in response. She felt Gerard's gaze drop on her as she spoke.

"But?"

She turned to him slightly and allowed a smile to pass over her lips. "Tomorrow night's prom. Remember?" She let her eyes trail up his face and noticed his jaw clench and his mouth tighten briefly. His nose crinkled as he made a face.

"Oh, yeah," He replied. "I can't believe you're going to that."

"Why not? It's prom. I think it's almost a right of passage," She said, pushing a strand of hair out of her face. "Besides, I'm going with a guy I've liked for a long time. Do you know what kind of opportuniy that gives me?"

Gerard's face held an emotion of indifference and his voice was monotonous as he replied. "Yeah. Right."

"Oh, common, Gerard. Ben's a nice guy," She said with a small smile. "And I think that maybe...just maybe... he'll give me a chance."

"Give you a chance?" He repeated with a roll of the eyes. "Please. The guy's probably fucked every girl on the cheerleading squad. I think the only 'chances' he's given are to steroids."

Allison scowled at him as she stopped midstride, crossing her arms across her chest. "What's that supposed to mean? You think he's too good for me or something?"

Gerard stopped, too, and turned to face her. His arms were also crossed across his black Iron Maiden t-shirt as he looked at her. "No, I think you're too good for him," He corrected her, irritated. "I don't know why you'd want to lower yourself to him."

"What's wrong with him?" She shot back.

Gerard took a step forward, annoyance written clearly across his features. "Are you kidding? Just look at the guy!" He sighed and ran a hand through his slightly tossled hair. "He's clearly not trustworthy."

"How?"

Gerard sighed and shook his head, letting his hand drop from his head. "Nevermind, nothing. Let's keep walking, it looks like it's going to rain."

Allison slowly stepped forward, walking next to him once more, an unidentifiable pang of emotion erupting in her chest. Gerard was noticeably quieter as they continued down the street towards their homes. As they approached her house first, Gerard slowly turned to face her. Allison swallowed as his eyes locked on hers.

"Allison..." He began slowly, his gaze wavering briefly. He cleared his throat as she stared up at him, patiently waiting for him to speak. "Look, I-I just..." He sighed and reached out to place a hand on her arm and looked at her, his face serious. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Allison gradually smiled before reaching for his hand and gently releasing it from her arm. "Oh, Gerard. You're like my father sometimes." She patted him on the shoulder, feeling his warm skin through the thin material of the tshirt before letting her hand fall. "I appreciate your concern, but I'll be fine."

"...Alright."

As she turned, she flashed him a smile. "I'll call you Sunday!"

Gerard nodded slowly as she disappeared into her house. A rumble of thunder echoed over his head as he stood unmoving, a tightness in his chest only worsening. He swallowed hard and felt his hands close into fists as he thought of Allison and her prom with Ben. Taking a deep breath, he turned and began walking home.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


"Oh, honey!" A female voice echoed through the foyer as she descended down the staircase. "You look beautiful!"

Allison smiled as she felt the smooth wood of the railing slide beneath her hand, her steps slow and elogant. She felt like a princess as she took slow strides down each step, letting her family's eyes rome her dress-clad figure. The light blue dress fit her almost perfectly, and her normally flat light brown hair was clipped up in curls. A delicate silver chain with a heart charm hung down her neck, catching the light as she walked. The necklace Gerard had given to her for her sixteenth birthday.

"You look gorgeous," Her father nodded with approval as she stopped at the bottom and twirled around, butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She had never felt so... giddy... in her life, and could not wipe the grin from her glossed lips. She looked up at her mother.

"You think he'll like it?" She asked in a hopeful tone.

"Of course he will," Her mother answered with a smile, her eyes roaming her figure once more. "You look like a princess, sweetheart."

Allison smiled bashfully. "Thanks, mom..." She glanced around and her eyes caught glimpse of a clock. "He should be here any minute."

"Good, because I want pictures," Her mother replied before reaching out and enveloping her
figure in a hug. "You look stunning, honey. I'm so excited for you!" She paused and looked around frantically. "Where's your sister? She should be here to see you. Jenny!"

Allison grinned and stood next to the railing, waiting patiently for Ben to arrive and sweep her off of her feet. As she thought of Ben in a tux, looking as gorgeous as ever, she couldn't help but let her mind wander to a certain chubby and pale boy who was sitting home alone tonight.


20 Minutes Later

"I'm sure he's stuck in traffic," Her father spoke up. "It's probably crazy out there tonight."

"Right," Her mother agreed. "So many kids are going out tonight, it's probably a zoo on the roads."

"Yeah..." Allison nodded, her hands in her lap. Her eyes never left the clock as she felt a knot form in her stomach. It had only been twenty minutes, though...

40 Minutes Later

"Should you try calling him, maybe?" Her mother suggested softly. "He might have had car trouble. Your father could go pick him up."

Shaking slightly, Allison stood to her feet and nodded, swallowing hard. "Y-yeah. I... I have his number on the table... I... I should call him..."

As her father handed her the phone and the slip of paper moments later, Allison's hands shook. She pressed the buttons carefully as she felt her mouth go dry.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"The number you have dialed has been changed, disconnected, or is no longer in service."

Allison felt the phone drop from her grasp as the message echoed through her ear. She swallowed hard and sat down, shaking her head. "I don't g-get it... that's the number he wrote down for me..."

"What's wrong with it?" Her father questioned.

"It's... disconnected or... changed.. or something... I-I don't know..."

"Are you sure you dialed the number correctly?" Her mother asked, studying the slip of paper. "223-4165?"

"Yes."

Her mother placed the slip of paper on the table near the door and sat down next to her, softly stroking her back. "He'll be here any moment, sweetie. I just know it."

As her mother attempted to relieve her through her gentle back strokes and soft words, Allison let Gerard's words drift through her mind.

I don't want him to hurt you

1 Hour 15 Minutes Later

"Maybe we should call the police..." Her mother said firmly, pacing in the foyer. "He could be hurt, and-"

"He's not coming," Allison interuppted softly, her head down and her eyes glassy with unshed tears.

"What? Don't be silly, Allison," Her mother sighed heavily. "Of course he's coming. He probably had car trouble."

Allison shook her head, feeling her curls loosen. "The dance starts in ten minutes. He's not coming."

"Allison-"

"What's wrong with you?" Allison's younger sister, Jenny, appeared in the doorway, a bowl of cereal in her hands. She chewed her cereal as she spoke, "Why're you still here?" She swallowed hard and took another bite, "He stand you up or somethin'?"

Allison stood at this, not bothering to wipe at the tears spilling over her cheeks. She shook her head and lifted the bottom of her dress, making her way up the staircase once again. She tried to swallow, but found she couldn't.

"Jennifer!" Her mother's harsh voice bit through the air, followed by a soft murmur from her younger sister. Allison ignored it as she continued up the stairs, the hot tears dripping onto her chest and onto the dress.

"Allison!" Her father called out, attempting to stop her. She ignored it as she walked to her room, slowly closing the door and collapsing against it, the tears spilling across her cheeks at an alarming rate. Gradually, sobs shook her frame as she leaned forward and let her head fall between her knees. Her face soaking her dress as she cried, her body shaking from the force of the sobs. It all made sense now. When Ben had asked her at school, she was so excited that she didn't acknowledge the mocking smirk on his lips, or the stiffled laughter from his friends behind him. His number wasn't even real. And she didn't check it until tonight. Of course.

She cried against her knees, smudging some of her mascara onto the delicate satin material of the dress but not caring. She was stood up on her prom night. By a boy she thought liked her.

"I'm a fucking idiot," She cried to herself in a thick voice.

"No, you're not."

Her head shot up at the sight of Gerard slowly climbing through her window, something he had grown accustomed to over the years. His chubby form shook the floor slightly as he landed on the carpet and made his way over to her, concern etched on his features.

"Gerard?" She murmured, looking up through watery eyes. "H-how did y-you-"

"Your sister called me a few minutes ago," He replied softly, kneeling down in front of her. "I'm so sorry, Allison..."

"I-I can't b-believe I fell for..."

Gerard reached out slowly and grasped her chin in his hands, tilting her face up to meet him. With his thumbs, he gently brushed the tears off of her cheeks. She suddenly felt ashamed. "Allison," He whispered to her in the dark, continuing to stroke soft circles against her damp cheeks. "I'm sorry...I just...I knew he would do something like this and-"

He was interuppted by a smack against his hands, forcing them away from Allison's face. He looked up to see rage on his best friend's makeup-smudged face.

"Y-you knew h-he would d-do something like t-this?" She hissed through shaky sobs, her body shaking. She grit her teeth together, a new batch of tears spilling down her cheeks. "I-I'm a f-fucking loser, G-Gerard," She spat at him thickly icily. "H-how am I s-supposed to g-go back to s-school?" She reached out a shoved Gerard in the chest away from her before standing to her feet. "I-I'll be the j-joke of the s-school!"

"Allison-"

"G-get out!" She felt rage consume her as she stared at her best friend, suddenly feeling enraged that she was in a room with the school's art freak rather than a cute football player.
Normally, she would feel guilty for thinking such things, but right now, she was broken.

Gerard's eyes widened as he stared at her. "What?"

"Y-you heard m-me!" She hissed at him, shoving him again. Suddenly she felt as if she had no control over her emotions or her words, and things just began spilling out of her mouth. "Get t-the fuck o-out of my room!"

Gerard backed up slowly, his eyes wide. "Allison, what are you-"

"I c-could be with Ben r-right now b-but instead I'm stuck with a fucking.. f-fatass a-art freak!"

Gerard was silent as she shouted at him, and his eyes slowly softened to a look of saddness. He had just experienced the ultimate betrayal. Allison grit her teeth together and reached up to her neck, ripping the silver heart and chain necklace from her body and whipping it at him.

"Here!" She spat, the necklace hitting him in the chest and falling to the ground. His eyes slowly shifted down to the carpet, where they locked on the broken chain lying at his feet. "Now g-get out! I never want to see you a-again!"

"Allison-" Gerard breathed out quietly, his eyes shifting up to meet hers once again, consumed by total saddness and confusion.

"GET OUT!" She roared finally, stepping forward. "I hate you!"

Allison felt as if the room were spinning as her legs gave out and she crumbled to the floor. She was vaguely aware of Gerard leaving through the window, and also vaguely aware of shouting obscenities at him moments earlier, such as 'I hate you' and 'fatass art freak'. At this point, she didn't care. The idea that the only attention she was receiving was from Gerard Way infuriated her for the first time in her life, and for a split second she wished she could trade in Gerard's friendship for the attention of everyone else at school.

"I h-hate high school!" She sobbed into her knees, her eyes squeezing shut. "I wish I-I were somewhere e-else!" Her body continued shaking with sobs as she curled up into a ball on the ground, the sound of the stitching of her dress tearing. As she felt sleep finally wash over her body, she sighed into the damp carpet.

"I wish I were ten years older..."

Her body finally gave out to sleep, welcoming the wash of black over her vision.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


So, what did you think? Please give me feedback.





Sign up to rate and review this story